Ruination: The Beginning - Spreads Thread

Find all your ARC RPGs and fantasy leagues discussed here. We're good at this stuff.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Post by That Kode Guy » Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:38 pm

WEEK 1

LWs

Dr. Robotnik vs. Pyrite

It depends on if Robotnik can get that undercutting bar (or disc) into play effectively. His wedge effectiveness means nothing due to both Pyrite's greater torque and the shapes of both robots. Josh will have to RP his ass off for this one.

Pyrite = 65%

Frequency vs. Psyclone

This will be interesting. Their weapon power is equal but Frequency has a wedge effectiveness that could be put to good use here, and a better range that will protect Psyclone from getting at the main body.

Frequency = 70%

Anti-Virus vs. Annoying Box Rush

ABR has a very interesting system here for both wedge effectiveness and weapon power, but how much good it will do against an almost equally fast robot with better control leaves something to be desired. Look for a lot of slams here.

Anti-Virus = 55%

Trans Europe Express vs. Tartarus

Not a lot going for either of these bots here, but Tartarus just doesn't have enough stats to take advantage of TEE's narrow wheelbase and lack of control. Tartarus' lack of armour also hurts him.

Trans Europe Express = 70%

MWs

Anthracks vs. Hammer & Nails

Anthracks can't self-right. Eventually Hammer & Nails is going to get to those sides and get him into a hazard that flips Anthracks. Lian's bot certainly has the armour to take what Anthracks can dish out, easily.

Hammer & Nails = 90%

Brother of Whyachi vs. Luna

Not enough weapon power or armour. Or speed. Or any stat, now that I think of it.

Luna = 95%

Rooster Teeth vs. Hubris

Rooster Teeth's srimech has been very much been a point of debate in the past, and I said that he would want to watch out for Hubris. But when you think about it, Hubris is going to get totally ruined by that 14 weapon power, especially with an armour of only 5. Rooster Teeth is also faster. One flip may be all it takes, but can Hubris get it off?

Rooster Teeth = 80%

Stingray vs. WhipCoil 3.2

Difficult. I don't see much Stingray can do to WhipCoil with that unorthodox weapon, but WhipCoil doesn't have the greatest speed. Look for some ramming here, maybe a puncture or two.

WhipCoil 3.2 = 51%

HWs

Cutie Honey vs. Revolver Ocelot

The question is if Cutie Honey can take that weapon's power. She certainly has the armour to do it, but can she stop Revolver Ocelot from repeatedly spinning back up? On the other hand, having an undercutter with a 4WD at the back is going to make turning a bitch for the seasoned spinner, and he doesn't have the speed to get away from Cutie Honey. Still, that weapon is fucking dangerous.

Cutie Honey = 51%

Terminal Velocity vs. Malevolence

I'm not seeing much Badnik can do here. His only real chance is getting to the sides and hoping that he punctures a wheel. Otherwise GF93 is going to flip him all over the shop.

Terminal Velocity = 85%

Thorny Devil II vs. Kraze

I'm completely skeptical on Thorny Devil's self-righting capabilities. In any case Kraze has this. Look for NFX to absolutely dominate.

Kraze = 100%

Camo Alert vs. WanderLust

I'm sorry Sparkey but unless you turn in the best RP ever, you are going to get pulverized. Camo Alert just simply has too much speed, armour and wedge to deal with.

Camo Alert = 100%

SHWs

Banshee vs. Agent X

Banshee could lock horns with Agent X, but either bot's best bet is to go after the sides. I find Agent X getting there easier. His armour advantage is also too large to ignore.

Agent X = 60%

Phantasmic Slammer vs. Punch

Not Sparkey's ideal opponent at all. Badnik can KO him with just one flip.

Phantasmic Slammer = 100%

Sphere O' Fear vs. Thief Pheonic

Is Lian's SHW low enough to slip under that bar? I don't think so. The weapon on Sphere O' Fear is more powerful and looks far more stable, and Thief Pheonic's low speed really hurts him here.

Sphere O' Fear = 80%

Tax Cutter vs. Lethal Injection

GF93 will have to step his game up big time. Tax Cutter not only has a dangerous undercutting weapon, but is faster here. Lethal Injection does have great armour, but he will need to control Tax Cutter in order to win.

Tax Cutter = 60%

----

Now go out and prove me wrong. :P
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Post by NWOWWE » Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:52 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>His wedge effectiveness means nothing due to both Pyrite's greater torque and the shapes of both robots.[/quote]
Quick question about this. The shape thing I could understand arguing, but the torque thing makes no sense. If he has zero wedge protection (and obviously 0 wedge stat to boot) what difference would torque make then? If neither of us could get under each other at all then yeah he would definetly outpush me, but if I can wedge him enough to get his wheels off the ground his torque should be nullified.
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:55 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NWOWWE</dt><dd>Dec 21 2012&#44; 03:52 PM</dd></dl><div> <blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>His wedge effectiveness means nothing due to both Pyrite's greater torque and the shapes of both robots.[/quote]
Quick question about this. The shape thing I could understand arguing, but the torque thing makes no sense. If he has zero wedge protection (and obviously 0 wedge stat to boot) what difference would torque make then? If neither of us could get under each other at all then yeah he would definetly outpush me, but if I can wedge him enough to get his wheels off the ground his torque should be nullified. [/quote]
Looking at the shape of Dr. Robotnik's wedge/plow thing, and Pyrite's ram thing at the front, I do not see you wedging him at all, actually. I can see the ram jamming between the wedge and upside-down wedge on Robotnik, and acting as a buffer, and his wheels wouldn't go up your wedge. Therefore torque comes into play and since he has more, he would be able to push you.

NWOWWE

Post by NWOWWE » Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:05 pm

Wait, then that still means it just about shape of Robotnik, and not really about the torque at all. :huh:

I would contend that if my rear wedges got under him at all, that would mean his wheels would be off the ground because they are really close the the ram-plate and the declination of the wedge isn't exactly shallow. Plus since it isn't a solid surface plow/wedge (they're more like teeth), he can't even use them as a surface to drive off of effectively. I mean if I didn't have the upper row of wedges I would be able to wedge under him with practially no effort required. The whole thing really is about how much his ram-plate would be able to block fitting in Robotniks rear wedge area.

Long story short if I could get under him even a couple inches, his wheels are coming off the ground and I pretty much should have him at my mercy until I would ram him into something.
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:57 am

Would love to hear what Badnik has to say on the matter. ;)

Badnik96
Team: Team Ignition

Post by Badnik96 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:21 am

Even if I get wedged into his plow, look at my wheels. I have enough ground clearance to that I should be able to have traction either way.
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:12 pm

WEEK 2

LWs

The Servant's Assistant vs. Annoying Box Rush

Will the fork system help Nick here? I see ABR getting flipped quite a bit during this match and Servant being unrelenting. Should be a stellar debut for Lian's LW.

The Servant's Assistant = 65%

Trans Europe Express vs. Psyclone

I see Psyclone jamming those wheels pretty quickly. My first lock of the week.

Psyclone = 99%

Anti-Virus vs. Pyrite

Can Pyrite actually use the thwack effectively here? They're both speed demons and well in control, but Anti-Virus has better overall armour value and Pyrite has no wedge protection at all. It's looking a bit lop-sided.

Anti-Virus = 70%

Dr. Robotnik vs. Frequency

Unfortunately I think Frequency's weapon height is perfect to smack Robotnik's weapon array and his range means he'll be able to hit it without worrying about Robotnik retaliating. Will be interesting to see what Josh can think of to counter this, because I'm not seeing a counter.

Frequency = 80%

MWs

Hubris vs. Braveheart

Once Hubris gets Braveheart flipped it will go all GF93 from there. They have equal wedge so GF93 will probably get his chance for a flip. Otherwise Braveheart has this.

Hubris = 55%

Anthracks vs. Brother of Whyachi

I don't even know. How is Sparkey going to get that weapon to hit BoW? How is BoW even going to damage Anthracks properly? Dear god.

Anthracks = 55%

Luna vs. Stingray

Stingray will have to hit Luna precisely in the directly of her spin with the ramming bar. Otherwise I'm not seeing a win here for Nick.

Luna = 75%

Rooster Teeth vs. Hammer & Nails

Sorry Lian but you're going down here. That weapon is going to fucking destroy you.

Rooster Teeth = 90%

HWs

Parasite vs. Kraze

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG&#33;&#33;&#33; LOOK LOOK LOOK LOOK LOOK&#33;&#33;&#33; FIGHT OF THE CENTURY&#33;&#33;&#33; MATCH TO END ALL MATCHES&#33;&#33;&#33; SKIRMISH OF THE AGES&#33;&#33;&#33;

Okay I'll stop. But I predicted this to be the HW final, so... :P

I see Parasite getting in many, many shots with the weapon. The question is whether Kraze's armour can stand up to it enough so he can actually get in an attack of his own. Kraze certainly isn't fast enough to catch Parasite, so he'll need to hunt Parasite near the wall and hope Parasite bounces off it towards him...

Parasite = 75%

Camo Alert vs. Malevolence

Basically a repeat of the Terminal Velocity vs. Malevolence fight. Expect Camo Alert to flip Malevolence all over the arena.

Camo Alert = 80%

Thorny Devil II vs. Revolver Ocelot

Um...no? That weapon is going to rip Thorny Devil to utter shreds.

Revolver Ocelot = 90%

Cutie Honey vs. Terminal Velocity

Ugh. Honey can't get under the front so she has to keep circling Terminal Velocity. The question is whether Terminal Velocity can keep his front end pointed at Cutie Honey. Malevolence was once able to get around it. ...ONCE.

Terminal Velocity = 65%

SHWs

Punch vs. Tax Cutter

That flipper is nice...sadly, not too nice against this kind of bot. Look for total destruction. My second lock of the week.

Tax Cutter = 99%

Sphere O' Fear vs. Agent X

Ooh, ouch. Okay, Sphere O' Fear maybe have the control disadvantage by a lot, but they still have equal speed and Sphere O' Fear actually has better armour. Agent X is going to have to rely the hell on that lifter, maybe to upset the balance of Sphere.

Sphere O' Fear = 65%

Hector LeMans vs. Thief Pheonic

Horizontal beats vertical, n00b. lolz

But seriously, Hector is faster so he may be able to get in another attack on Thief before Thief spins back up again. And if he flips Thief, he wins. Will it happen? Unlikely, but there's still that chance...

Hector LeMans = 51%

Banshee vs. Phantasmic Slammer

Well Phantasmic Slammer has to shoot for the sides but I think he can get them due to being faster and having more control. If Sylandro RPs well enough though, he can hold Badnik off.

Banshee = 60%

Badnik96
Team: Team Ignition

Post by Badnik96 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:44 pm

You guys seriously overestimate Sylandro by a lot. His RP for PS is going to be something about flipping me and some overconfident remark, watch.
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:46 pm

But of course. Thing is, I don't take RPs into account here when making predictions. :P

You're most likely right though. <_<

NFX

Post by NFX » Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:50 pm

Only one win predicted this week. Gonna have to work hard to disprove Kody. =P Few ideas, though, so I reckon I could be able to get 3-1 if I'm lucky.
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

Braveheart / Crash Blossom / Depth Charge / Broken Ghost / Murder Death Unit / Agent X

RoBattle
Override - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 3 pts
MiDAS - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 0 pts

it was a gigantic masturbation of polygons :v - That Kode Guy

NWOWWE

Post by NWOWWE » Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:55 pm

Yeah I'm going have to really think on how I want to approach my LW match.

BEES

Post by BEES » Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:36 pm

So here are my predictions:

LW

The Servant's Assistant vs. Annoying Box Rush
Maybe I was arrogant, maybe my RP was too long for anyone to read, maybe the forks just suck and I can't see it. Regardless, I honestly thought I would mop the floor with Anti-Virus. I have significantly less confidence about the matchup this week, and really all of ABR's future matchups, as I felt like most of the other non-sparkey bots in the class would be harder--particularly the spinners and The Servant's Assistant. On paper I still think I have a stat advantage. The forks should be able to get under that wedge. I have the stronger front and the speed advantage, and that's most of what robot combat is. But... this robot can flip me and be a real bitch.

In my mind it's 55-45 to ABR, but I'll have to find a better way of convincing the writers of that in my RP.

Trans Europe Express vs. Psyclone
100-0 Psychlone

Anti-Virus vs. Pyrite
80-20 Anti-Virus

Dr. Robotnik vs. Frequency
60-40 Dr. Robotnik - Frequency might look better, but the Eggman has the range advantage, and I'm struggling to think of reasons why it wouldn't win if it simply kept the front facing the slower Frequency at all times.

MW
Hubris vs. Braveheart
This is one of those fights where the stats and the pictures tell different stories. Hubris looks like it should win. It simply looks like it. But on paper Braveheart has stats that, I think, give it an edge in the fight. It has a speed and torque advantage and the wedges are evenly matched. Perhaps if that drum can be used as an anti-wedge device? I'm skeptical. I think Braveheart will do the pushing and bullying and end up winning a JD.
60-40 Braveheart

Anthracks vs. Brother of Whyachi
Battle for last. I tried thinking about this matchup seriously, but it hurt my brain. So I'm going to stop and call it a tossup.
50-50 either

Luna vs. Stingray
I'm going to need to rearrange Stingray's stats in the future. This is not going to be pretty. 14W will clearly, unambiguously damage 8W. It's too much of a difference.
80-20 Luna

Rooster Teeth vs. Hammer & Nails
90-0 Rooster Teeth

HWs

Parasite vs. Kraze
If I stay in the middle of the arena, keep the weapon facing him, and don't do anything stupid, what can he do?
70-30 Parasite

Camo Alert vs. Malevolence
80-20 Camo Alert

Thorny Devil II vs. Revolver Ocelot
100-0 Revolver Ocelot

Cutie Honey vs. Terminal Velocity
80-20 Terminal Velocity

SHWs

Punch vs. Tax Cutter
100-0 Tax Cutter

Sphere O' Fear vs. Agent X
Seems like the blade will just slide up the wedge and punch out the wheels, since they're exposed on top. Bit of a design flaw on Agent X.
55-45 Sphere O' Fear

Hector LeMans vs. Thief Pheonic
Hector's speed advantage... I'm not seeing many ways for it to do much against an opponent it can't approach from any side without being at a disadvantage. The spinning bar will probably just deflect the discs at first, but Thwack doesn't have to stop Thief's weapon to knock it out. It merely needs to get in on the sides.
80-20 Dr Thwack

Banshee vs. Phantasmic Slammer
60-40 Banshee

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:41 pm

Huh? Looking at the pictures Frequency seems to have the longer range, not Robotnik. Otherwise I pretty much agree with all of those sans Hector, but I'll think of an argument for that later.

BEES

Post by BEES » Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:54 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>KodeBreaker</dt><dd>Jan 6 2013&#44; 05:41 PM</dd></dl><div> Huh? Looking at the pictures Frequency seems to have the longer range, not Robotnik. Otherwise I agree with all of those sans Hector, but I'll think of an argument for that later. [/quote]
Robotnik's picture, from the top, gives no indication of how large the robot actually is.

In order to be in the same weight class with Frequency and have enough space in its chassis to store a motor that can power its weapon, I would figure it has to be at least 20 centimeters tall, right? And if that's the case then the distance from the tip of the weapon to the robot's main body would be greater than it appears in that picture--certainly greater than the distance from the tip to the chassis for Frequency. Although, the distance from the tip to the weapon assembly itself might be slightly smaller. I don't think that's a big deal if the robots both have 12 W.

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:31 am

WEEK 3

LWs

Tartarus vs. Annoying Box Rush

This better not come down to a coin toss... anyway ABR to ram-foo this thing all around the arena. First lock of the week.

Annoying Box Rush - 100%

Anti-Virus vs. Dr. Robotnik

Anti-Virus won't get majorly chewed up, but he just doesn't have the protection against Dr. Robotnik, that Cutie Honey had against Revolver Ocelot.

Dr. Robotnik = 65%

Trans Europe Express vs. Frequency

Hummmm...there's always that chance. It's slim, though.

Frequnecy = 85%

The Servant's Assistant vs. Pyrite

Servant has nice flat sides for Pyrite to thwack. This is only if Pyrite can get the thwack into play though. I see Pyrite getting thrown around a LOT.

The Servant's Assistant = 70%

MWs

Rooster Teeth vs. Anthracks

LOLTOOTHS FTW&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;1112 Second lock of the week.

Rooster Teeth = 100%

Stingray vs. Brother of Whyachi

...how many locks am I going to need? Third.

Stingray = 100%

Braveheart vs. Hammer & Nails

Braveheart does indeed have 4 armour. He has three wedges which he gave an armour bonus to. So three points are detracted from his body armour.

Not that it'll matter too much. Hammer & Nails' weapon power is too low to take advantage of that and he has a worse wedge.

Braveheart = 80%

WhipCoil 3.2 vs. Hubris

WhipCoil needed speed to catch up with this guy. He doesn't have it. Expect a lot of flips.

Hubris = 85%

HWs

Thorny Devil II vs. Cutie Honey

V for Victory&#33;

*Runs from Josh. And from Lewis, come to think of it.*

Cutie Honey = 95%

Camo Alert vs. Terminal Velocity

Camo Alert just doesn't have the stats to compete with Terminal Velocity. Too much wedge... DX

Terminal Velocity = 80%

Revolver Ocelot vs. Parasite

Revolver Ocelot's better control and armour to overcome Parasite's bad control, poor armour, and only slightly more powerful weapon.

Revolver Ocelot = 65%

WanderLust vs. Kraze

...no? Ugh, another fucking lock. 4th one, I think.

Kraze = 100%

SHWs

Sphere O' Fear vs. Banshee

Banshee to get banished. After a brutal raping. Provided Spatula RPs ON TIME&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

Sphere O' Fear = 85%

Tax Cutter vs. Phantasmic Slammer

God damnit. Is Tax Cutter mobile enough to keep the weapon ripping? It can damage Phantasmic Slammer for sure, but Slammer has the speed...

Phantasmic Slammer = 55%

Hector LeMans vs. Agent X

Don't see it happening, Josh.

Agent X = 90%

Lethal Injection vs. Thief Pheonic

Lethal Injection beat him in FRR: Dead Zone. I don't see the result changing here.

Lethal Injection = 75%