Ruination: The Beginning - Pre-Season Predictions

Find all your ARC RPGs and fantasy leagues discussed here. We're good at this stuff.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Post by That Kode Guy » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:30 am

Lightweights

The Servant's Assistant

He came up short last time, but only against Fish of Doom, one of the greatest RPers ever, and nothing less than D-REZ, the previous champion. Now that D-REZ is gone, Servant may have an easier time here. He certainly has the stats and design to do go all the way, and Lian knows how to RP well. Frequency, Pyrite, Anti-Virus, and Dr. Robotnik are designs that he'll have to watch out for, but I think Lian can take the gold home here.

Pyrite

This guy is hella fast. Thwackbots are few and far between, but damn it they are good, and Pyrite's new stats should be enough to tangle with the big boys. The only question mark is the armour bonus he gave to the plow, especially if he leaves his thwacker exposed to spinners like Frequency, Psyclone, and Dr. Robotnik. He should at least make the play-offs if not the final.

Dr. Robotnik

Fast for a spinner, and a proven undercutting boss. Josh is a very experienced RPer and he knows exactly what's he doing. He may have to watch out for Annoying Box Rush, Anti-Virus, and The Servant's Assistant though, but he should get through okay.

Dark Horse

Annoying Box Rush

It made a name for itself on FRA as a heavyweight, and this scaled-down version is pretty damn intimidating. Its unique fork mechanism is pretty rad, but it may hinder it against some fast designs like Pyrite, Anti-Virus, and The Servant's Assistant.

Middleweights

Rooster Teeth

Holy shit. 14 weapon power and a long range are no joke. Combine that with decent armour and speed, and a seasoned RPer, and you are probably looking at the middleweight to beat. Luna, seemingly its ring-spinning sister counterpart, may test it with equal weapon power, and high-armoured bots like Braveheart and Stingray don't help, but damn it he should at least be a finalist. The control may hurt it though.

Braveheart

A ramming beast with a thwack? Sounds right up Underall alley. This guy will keep it close every match, and is just one of those bots you don't want to fight. It will want to watch out for Hubris, though, as that flipper can render the solid wedges useless. Otherwise look for Braveheart to dominate.

Hubris

Many banes of MW bots here are a flipper, and Hubris looks like a damn good flipper. He has a decent drivetrain and a back-up disc if anything goes wrong in flipper land. Braveheart, Stingray, and Rooster Teeth will want to watch out for this guy. Luna, an invertible ring spinner, may make this bot pay with Hubris' weak armour though.

Dark Horse

Luna

Invertible ring spinner, very high weapon power, and can hit you from just about all angles. Dangerous to approach. Not to mention she's extremely controlled in order to stay away from hazards that could eat her armour like nothing. She doesn't look too good against bots like Rooster Teeth though, who has a longer reach and is faster... or Braveheart, who can take a lot of punishment.

Heavyweights

Kraze

God damn it. This guy is going to get under fucking anything. He has high armour, high wedge, and high standards. NFX is one hell of an RPer, though relatively new, and Kraze I easily see being the best of the HWs. Having an average speed doesn't help against Parasite though, who can play keep-away with high weapon power and more speed. Terminal Velocity may also prove to be a problem.

Parasite

HW runner-up to ARC: Armageddon, and do you even need to ask why? Despite low armour, this guy has it all; high weapon power to damage shit, a good speed, and even a wedge for back-up in case the spinner goes out. Completely invertible too. Things like Kraze, Terminal Velocity, and Cutie Honey could make it pay though, Kraze and Terminal Velocity with armour, and Honey with BOTH high speed and armour.

Revolver Ocelot

Controlled enough to stay in control, and damaging enough to dominate damage, there's no reason to ask why this 4WD undercutter has been around so long. He's been very successful and only a few unlucky turns have prevented him from winning a championship. He will want to watch out for the armoured bricks though, like Camo Alert, Kraze, and Cutie Honey.

Dark Horses

Camo Alert

Empty Inside goes for a name change and a new weight class. Still fast and bricky as hell, and able to get under almost anything. Kraze however will just be too much for Lian's HW, not to mention Terminal Velocity will give it a thrashing as well.

Terminal Velocity

8 wedge is nothing to scoff at, and nor is 8 weapon power, especially when your flipper takes up all your front and top. He will want to be careful of robots like Cutie Honey and Parasite getting at the sides though. Parasite in particular could cause massive damage to that 4 armour.

Superheavyweights

Tax Cutter

This guy is one hell of a juggernaut, almost like Parasite who is one weight class down. Massive speed, and massive weapon power. Unlike Parasite, though, he is more controlled and can turn easier. The question is what he will do against bricks like Agent X, Lethal Injection, and Phantasmic Slammer, or a spinner like Sphere O' Fear, with high armour and weapon.

Phantasmic Slammer

Badnik's only robot to reach a semi last season. I kid you not, this guy is a fucking beast with his massive flipper, speed, and armour. He will face some competition in the likes of Agent X and Lethal Injection, but he should be quite fine. Making the play-offs, at least, is definitely not out of the question.

Lethal Injection

He came up short last time, but thanks to some nice stat improvements GF93 is ready to tackle the big boys this time, and more likely than not come out on top. The only concern is tackling heavy-hitting spinners like Tax Cutter, Thief Phoenic, and Sphere O' Fear; even with the lifting plate the task seems rather harsh.

Dark Horses

Thief Phoenic

Definitely a spinner that could cause damage. He has the range, the power, and the armour that could make him a champ, but undercutters like Tax Cutter can slip beneath the bar, and high-armour bricks will show him the door, so Lian better RP well.

Punch

Yes, I'm putting a Sparkey bot here. :P God damn it, if Sparkey RPs right, this bot could cause a lot of problems even for the spinners. His drivetrain may hold him back, but that flipper is nothing to scoff at.

----

Those are my predictions, now go out and prove me wrong! :P
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Post by NWOWWE » Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:19 pm

I'm hoping that Rooster Teeth can pull a Sarge-like career revival so any confidence is good. The control thing is sort of a calculated risk on my part. RT was well known for bouncing around like a pinball anyway.

In general I'm not too interesting in proving you wrong. :P
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by GF93 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:29 pm

Awesomeness! Great to see that three of my robots are amongst the favourites. But if you don't mind me asking, what are your views on Psyclone?
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:36 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Dec 20 2012&#44; 01:29 PM</dd></dl><div> Awesomeness&#33; Great to see that three of my robots are amongst the favourites. But if you don't mind me asking, what are your views on Psyclone? [/quote]
He's strong, but I'm not entirely sure on how he'll do.

Also I don't want to be the only one here giving predictions. Josh has done predictions for entire teams, though.

Anybody?

GF93

Post by GF93 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:41 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>KodeBreaker</dt><dd>Dec 20 2012&#44; 01:36 PM</dd></dl><div> <blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Dec 20 2012&#44; 01:29 PM</dd></dl><div> Awesomeness&#33; Great to see that three of my robots are amongst the favourites. But if you don't mind me asking, what are your views on Psyclone? [/quote]
He's strong, but I'm not entirely sure on how he'll do.

Also I don't want to be the only one here giving predictions. Josh has done predictions for entire teams, though.

Anybody? [/quote]
Oh, OK- that's fair enough, I was just wondering :P
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:43 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Dec 20 2012&#44; 01:41 PM</dd></dl><div> Oh, OK- that's fair enough, I was just wondering :P [/quote]
Hehe, like I said, go and prove me wrong. I happily await that. :P

GF93

Post by GF93 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:45 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>KodeBreaker</dt><dd>Dec 20 2012&#44; 01:43 PM</dd></dl><div> <blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Dec 20 2012&#44; 01:41 PM</dd></dl><div> Oh, OK- that's fair enough, I was just wondering&nbsp; &nbsp; :P [/quote]
Hehe, like I said, go and prove me wrong. I happily await that. :P [/quote]
I'll be delighted to- this time, I should hopefully be able to show my stuff :P
ICE³ ROBOTICS

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:46 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Dec 20 2012&#44; 01:45 PM</dd></dl><div> <blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>KodeBreaker</dt><dd>Dec 20 2012&#44; 01:43 PM</dd></dl><div> <blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Dec 20 2012&#44; 01:41 PM</dd></dl><div> Oh, OK- that's fair enough, I was just wondering

NWOWWE

Post by NWOWWE » Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:47 pm

To be fair I think the compitition is pretty good all around. I'd be surprised if other people's predictions weren't radically different.
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

Badnik96
Team: Team Ignition

Post by Badnik96 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:30 pm

I would type something here but I'm supposed to be doing something else ATM so I will later
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ

NWOWWE

Post by NWOWWE » Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:32 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Badnik96</dt><dd>Dec 20 2012&#44; 02:30 PM</dd></dl><div> I would type something here but I'm supposed to be doing something else ATM so I will later [/quote]
Logic bomb. :blink:

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:33 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Badnik96</dt><dd>Dec 20 2012&#44; 02:30 PM</dd></dl><div> I would type something here but I'm supposed to be doing something else ATM so I will later [/quote]
:blink:

Badnik96
Team: Team Ignition

Post by Badnik96 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:35 pm

I mean type my predictions :P
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ

NWOWWE

Post by NWOWWE » Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:01 pm

Moar predictions peoples. :cool:

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:48 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NWOWWE</dt><dd>Dec 21 2012&#44; 12:01 PM</dd></dl><div>Moar predictions peoples. :cool:[/quote]