Ruination: The Beginning - Power Rankings

Find all your ARC RPGs and fantasy leagues discussed here. We're good at this stuff.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by GF93 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:59 pm

Still, I believe the point stands- I mean, a UK vs US-themed event might be pretty good, actually. :P
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

NFX

Post by NFX » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:19 pm

I've always kinda looked forward to a tag team tournament. I imagine it'd be quite fun. =)
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

Braveheart / Crash Blossom / Depth Charge / Broken Ghost / Murder Death Unit / Agent X

RoBattle
Override - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 3 pts
MiDAS - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 0 pts

it was a gigantic masturbation of polygons :v - That Kode Guy

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Post by NWOWWE » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:02 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NFX</dt><dd>Feb 21 2013&#44; 02:19 PM</dd></dl><div> I've always kinda looked forward to a tag team tournament. I imagine it'd be quite fun. =) [/quote]
Yeah it was fun while it lasted after Revolution.

I think it mostly fell apart because a lot of people were burnt out after first Round Robin tournament which involved a lot more RPing than previous tournaments had. Now that we're used to it, and people seem generally enthusiatic about it I think it could work well.
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

GF93

Post by GF93 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:32 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NWOWWE</dt><dd>Feb 23 2013&#44; 03:02 PM</dd></dl><div> <blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NFX</dt><dd>Feb 21 2013&#44; 02:19 PM</dd></dl><div> I've always kinda looked forward to a tag team tournament. I imagine it'd be quite fun. =) [/quote]
Yeah it was fun while it lasted after Revolution.

I think it mostly fell apart because a lot of people were burnt out after first Round Robin tournament which involved a lot more RPing than previous tournaments had. Now that we're used to it, and people seem generally enthusiatic about it I think it could work well. [/quote]
Ah, that's good to hear- the only question is, I wonder who will team up with whom? I for one have two main choices in the form of either Lian or Nick (The Scottish one, just for the record&#33; :P), so it'll be interesting to see how it goes.
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Post by That Kode Guy » Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:14 pm

The problem is, we have 9 competitors, and even if we don't count Sparkey and Sylandro, that's still 7, so there's always going to be an odd-one-out. Odd numbers are bitches, aren't they? What d'you reckon, guys?

As far as CHOOSING somebody to team up with, I would probably do a random team-up, to be honest. :P
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:27 am

Rankings updated.

- WhipCoil 3.2 and Frequency are sadly eliminated at this point. :(

- Luna clinches #1 MW. Rooster Teeth clinches a play-off spot.

- Kraze clinches a play-off spot but does not clinch top HW spot yet. If Kraze loses to Revolver Ocelot and Cutie Honey beats Malevolence, we have a three-way tie for #1 HW, since Cutie Honey defeated Revolver Ocelot earlier.

- No one in LW has clinched a play-off spot yet. There is still a huge possibility of a rumble. :P

- Tax Cutter and Phantasmic Slammer clinch SHW play-off spots.

EDIT: Lethal Injection clinches as well since he beat Hector and Agent X.

Badnik96
Team: Team Ignition

Post by Badnik96 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:58 am

WhipCoil misses yet another playoff by one fucking match...

I'm too pissed at this to really care that PS clinched.
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ

GF93

Post by GF93 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:18 am

Hmm, not a bad week in terms of the progress- I'm one up over Badnik now, and all my robots are still hanging on in there, even with TV's loss to Parashite this week. I'm particularly happy to see that Lethal Injection's clinched, though- it's certainly made up for the bad start it had. :P
ICE³ ROBOTICS

NWOWWE

Post by NWOWWE » Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:21 am

Rooster Teeth is my first bot to clinch a playoff spot? That's pretty amusing. I guess Hector still has a chance if he can force a 3-way rumble in SHW and "all" Ocelot needs to do is beat Kraze :wat: .

Oh and those LW's... :qq:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

NFX

Post by NFX » Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:38 am

Goodbye Frequency. :qq: As valiant an effort as it was, but at least he is going out with a victory.

Braveheart looks like a cert here, I'm very confident I can take the win against Stingray. Sorry, other Nick. Second in the class would be a great place to finish up.

Kraze has clinched, good stuff. Just have to beat Revolver Ocelot now, and the number one spot is mine. Going to be tricky, though, might have to look back at some previous tournaments to see how things panned out against big spinners.

Agent X is on a knife-edge right now, but I do believe I can pick up the win. I just need Tax Cutter to do to Hector LeMans what he's been doing to more or less everyone except, ironically, Agent X. =P

Been a very good season, overall. Would have liked to have a perfect week, but two or even three bots in the playoffs is nothing to scoff at. Perhaps some fine tuning with stats and design would help me get higher than third in the Rankings. Kind of my own little rut. =)
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

Braveheart / Crash Blossom / Depth Charge / Broken Ghost / Murder Death Unit / Agent X

RoBattle

NWOWWE

Post by NWOWWE » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:51 am

On the bright side my single win this week put me past Philip for #3 all time on the CFL list, so that's something. :)

Even if Hector is screwed this week, hopefully Robotnik can pull out a win and escape the quagmire of LW tiebreakers.

Badnik96
Team: Team Ignition

Post by Badnik96 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:35 pm

Well, all Pyrite needs to do this week is beat Annoying Box Rush, which I think I can do. PS has already clinched and only needs to beat Lethal Injection to go 7-1, my best ever record with any robot. WhipCoil and Malevolence are already out, but i'm sure I can beat Brother of Whyachi. Not really sure about Cutie Honey but that battle doesn't mean much for either of us so whatever.
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ

NWOWWE

Post by NWOWWE » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:46 pm

Okay, updating Playoff stuff again...

LW:

Dr. Robotnik:
-Clinches a Playoff spot with a win.

Pyrite:
-Clinches a Playoff spot with a win.

The Servant's Assistant:
-Clinches a playoff spot with a win. (vs. Sparkey? yeah he's in)

Anti-Virus:
-Clinches with win by Dr. Robotnik

Confusing Time&#33;

Psyclone and ABR need some help. Anti-Virus has tiebreakers over both of them and also has a tiebreaker with Pyrite.

-If Dr. Robotnik AND Pyrite both lose then we get this:

DR>Pyrite AND AV
Pyrite>Psyclone
AV>Pyrite AND Psyclone AND ABR
Psyclone>DR
ABR>DR AND Psyclone AND Pyrite

Robotnik is saved by his tiebreaker over Anti-Virus, thus Pysclone is saved by his tiebreaker over Robotnik, and Pyrite is saved by his tiebreaker over Psyclone. Oh and that means AV and ABR did better against the compitition for nothing. :(

So yeah, a FIVE WAY RUMBLE for Three playoff spots.

OR

If Robotnik loses and Pyrite wins, then we get this:

DR>AV>Psyclone>DR

So a three-way Rumble for two playoff spots.

Alternitively, if Dr. Robotnik and Pyrite both win, then we have a 3 way tie for #1 seed&#33; The jury is still out on how we sort THAT mess out.

MW:

-Luna and Rooster Teeth both have playoff spots clinched. Luna basically gets the #1 seed since she gets the free win. Rooster Teeth will be either 2 or 3.

Braveheart:
-Clinches with win
-Clinches with loss AND win by Hubris

Hubris:
-Clinches with win AND Braveheart win (basically he needs Braveheart to win since Stingray and Braveheart both have tiebreakers over him and there is only 2 playoff spots left)

Hammer & Nailz:
-Clinches with win AND Braveheart win.
-If H&N wins and Braveheart loses, then we have a 3-way rumble between Braveheart and H&N and Stingray

Stingray:
-Clinches with win AND Hubris win
-See rumble conditions for H&N

HW:

Kraze has clinched his playoff spot. He can take #1 if he wins. We still have the possibility for a 3 way tie for #1 if Cutie Honey and Ocelot both win.

Cutie Honey:
-Clinches Playoff spot with win

Revolver Ocelot:
-Clinches Playoff spot with win OR loss by Camo Alert

Camo Alert:
-Clinches Playoff spot with win AND Cutie Honey win

Parasite:
-Clinches playoff spot with win AND Cutie Honey win

Okay it turns out I may have been a bit off last week when I did this. If Revovler Ocelot wins and Cutie Honey loses then we could have a three-way tie:

TV>CH>(CA/Parasite)>TV...

So that leaves a 3 way rumble for the last two playoff spots.

This could get even worse. If Ocelot loses and Camo Alert loses then we have a strange situation:

RO>Parasite AND TV
CH> Parasite AND Revolver Ocelot
Parasite>Terminal Velocity
Terminal Velocity>CH

So basically TV's win over Cutie Honey would allow him to cling to life and we get a 4 way rumble for 3 playoff spots.

But wait, there more. If Camo Alert would beat Parasite instead then it goes down like this:

RO>TV
CH>RO AND CA
CA>TV AND RO
TV>CH

So in this situation, RO and TV both benifit from a tiebreaker win and again we get the 4 way rumble for 3 playoff spots.

Basically any prayer Terminal Velocity has of making the playoffs involves Cutie Honey losing, because otherwise his loss to Ocelot blocks him.

SHW:

Tax Cutter, Phantasmic Slammer, and Lethal Injection are all clinched. Tax Cutter gets #1 with a win and Slammer gets it with a win and Tax Cutter losing.

Hector LeMans:
-Clinches Playoff spot with win

Agent X:
-Clinches playoff spot with win AND Hector LeMans Loss

And even with 3/4 spots clinched, SHW can't avoid the rumble possiblity (for those keeping score at home, yes would could end up with rumbles in ALL FOUR WEIGHT CLASSES).

If Hector and Agent X both lose then they have a 3 way rumble with Sphere O'Fear for the last playoff spot since:

Agent X>Sphere>Hector>Agent X...

NFX

Post by NFX » Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:41 pm

lol, Anthracks and Brother of Whyachi only have six matches on record.

Nobody cares. =D
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

RoBattle

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:43 pm

who cares about them