Ruination: The Beginning Discussion

Find all your ARC RPGs and fantasy leagues discussed here. We're good at this stuff.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

prince palatine

Post by prince palatine » Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:10 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NWOWWE</dt><dd>Mar 11 2013&#44; 11:07 AM</dd></dl><div> Traditionally we don't, but guess that's ultimately up to Kody. [/quote]
Very well, up to him I guess.

Just thought I'd let you guys know, me and Marti have come to an agreement on writing in the finals. I take the Ocelot vs Honey match, and Marti writes Hector vs Tax Cutter.

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Post by That Kode Guy » Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:28 am

We'll have the awards, but we've never done play-offs on this forum, and tbh there's no need to.

Also, no offense but why are you guys coming to that agreement without consent from me or Josh first?
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

prince palatine

Post by prince palatine » Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:34 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>KodeBreaker</dt><dd>Mar 11 2013&#44; 11:28 AM</dd></dl><div> We'll have the awards, but we've never done play-offs on this forum, and tbh there's no need to.

Also, no offense but why are you guys coming to that agreement without consent from me or Josh first? [/quote]
Marti came to me with this idea cause he told me that he knew I wanted a part in writing a few battles to be prepared for CBBR and get rid of my writing rust. He proposed that we could take it in turns to write matches between You and Josh, he took the Anti-Virus Robotnik match, in return, I'd take the Ocelot/Honey match.

Apologies for not coming to you first, I thought Marti had told you about it before he came to me.

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:40 am

No problem. And no, Martijn didn't tell us about anything regarding that yet. Admittedly I do see the sense in this, since HW and SHW are Me vs. Josh battles, but still you don't do that without consent from the tournament organizers first. Especially when the matches are being decided the way they are.

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by GF93 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:44 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NWOWWE</dt><dd>Mar 11 2013&#44; 08:26 AM</dd></dl><div> <blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Mar 10 2013&#44; 05:23 PM</dd></dl><div> <blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>KodeBreaker</dt><dd>Mar 10 2013&#44; 03:18 PM</dd></dl><div> What did I do to get hated so much? :( [/quote]
Well, other than insisting on continuing to destroy Hubris after it had been immobilised [/quote]
Actually this is pretty silly too. Since I wrote that fight you should probably be more angry at ME. Also, the fight description had Luna attacking Hubris UNTIL it was immobilzed, it says nothing about ripping it apart after, so I have no idea where you got that notion from. [/quote]
From this bit in the strategy-
<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>KodeBreaker</dt><dd> Jan 20 2013&#44; 02:03 PM</dd></dl><div>Keep hitting him&#33;&#33;&#33; No mercy&#33;&#33;&#33;
[/quote]

But yes. I'm not angry at you at all, Josh- in fact, I'm happy that you wrote it so that it ultimately didn't happen. :P
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

V900
Team: End of the Line LLC

Post by V900 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:06 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>KodeBreaker</dt><dd>Mar 10 2013&#44; 10:33 PM</dd></dl><div> EDIT: Also, Mr. AS, I've noticed your input, and I thought I'd comment on it now. While I appreciate your insight towards arguing over a forum game being pointless, it seems you do enjoy whenever an argument springs up. I sincerely doubt you'd find it funny if you were in our shoes, so please stop that. [/quote]
thank you for completely taking my comment in the skype chat out of context, i really appreciate that.

and are you saying that i should find stop finding people making a big deal over nothing in our chat fun to watch? because thats what it seems like

prince palatine

Post by prince palatine » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:22 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Mr. AS</dt><dd>Mar 11 2013&#44; 01:06 PM</dd></dl><div> <blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>KodeBreaker</dt><dd>Mar 10 2013&#44; 10:33 PM</dd></dl><div> EDIT: Also, Mr. AS, I've noticed your input, and I thought I'd comment on it now. While I appreciate your insight towards arguing over a forum game being pointless, it seems you do enjoy whenever an argument springs up. I sincerely doubt you'd find it funny if you were in our shoes, so please stop that. [/quote]
thank you for completely taking my comment in the skype chat out of context, i really appreciate that.

and are you saying that i should find stop finding people making a big deal over nothing in our chat fun to watch? because thats what it seems like [/quote]
Okay, you need to think for a sec, you have said stuff like this quite a bit around here. If you actually got to know some of us personally, you may just realise why we take it seriously.

In the case of me and GF93, we only take it seriously cause we have seemingly similar competitive nature, everyone has a competing spirit in them. If not, then their not human's, tempers fray dude get used to it.

Were not all like you, we don't always see the funny side in the arguements, Kody has just about reached the end of his rope with all this shit, this is all the thanks he's got for saving this forum of extinction.

Just be careful and think a bit more is all I'm saying.

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:28 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Mar 11 2013&#44; 01:44 PM</dd></dl><div> From this bit in the strategy-
<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>KodeBreaker</dt><dd> Jan 20 2013&#44; 02:03 PM</dd></dl><div>Keep hitting him&#33;&#33;&#33; No mercy&#33;&#33;&#33;
[/quote]

But yes. I'm not angry at you at all, Josh- in fact, I'm happy that you wrote it so that it ultimately didn't happen. :P [/quote]
Why are you still taking it so personally? :blink:

prince palatine

Post by prince palatine » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:30 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>KodeBreaker</dt><dd>Mar 11 2013&#44; 01:28 PM</dd></dl><div> <blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Mar 11 2013&#44; 01:44 PM</dd></dl><div> From this bit in the strategy-
[/quote]

But yes. I'm not angry at you at all, Josh- in fact, I'm happy that you wrote it so that it ultimately didn't happen. :P [/quote]
Why are you still taking it so personally? :blink: [/quote]
I doubt it's all too personal on that matter, I'd say he's trying to get it out of his system, much like the EI/Dreadnought match, just get it out the system and he'll be fine.

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:33 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>prince palatine</dt><dd>Mar 11 2013&#44; 02:30 PM</dd></dl><div> I doubt it's all too personal on that matter, I'd say he's trying to get it out of his system, much like the EI/Dreadnought match, just get it out the system and he'll be fine. [/quote]
I just don't understand why a minor issue like that has to be dragged out so far. I'm sorry but it's getting really annoying.

Besides, I wouldn't single Hubris out. :P

GF93

Post by GF93 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:43 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>KodeBreaker</dt><dd>Mar 11 2013&#44; 01:33 PM</dd></dl><div> <blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>prince palatine</dt><dd>Mar 11 2013&#44; 02:30 PM</dd></dl><div> I doubt it's all too personal on that matter, I'd say he's trying to get it out of his system, much like the EI/Dreadnought match, just get it out the system and he'll be fine. [/quote]
I just don't understand why a minor issue like that has to be dragged out so far. I'm sorry but it's getting really annoying.

Besides, I wouldn't single Hubris out. :P [/quote]
Well yes, that's fair enough. Tell you what, I'll clear it all out now- excuse me one moment...

*Locks self in seperate room*

"LUNA&#33; YOU GODDAMN BITCH&#33; HOW DARE YOU DEFY THE RULES OF RESPECTFUL COMBAT WITH YOUR PRESENCE AND INSISTANCE ON FURTHER MUTILIATION AFTER THE DEMISE OF AN OPPONENT.

ONE OF THESE DAYS, I'LL DO THE SAME TO YOU- I'LL SLAP YOUR SHIT, RAIN FURY UPON YOU, IN WHICH YOU WILL BURN. THEN I WILL MUTILATE YOUR OWN MAGGOT-RIDDEN CORPSE, AND BURY WHAT'S LEFT OF IT IN A SHALLOW GRAVE SOMEWHERE.
NO ONE WILL HEAR YOU SCREAM. YOU WILL DISAPPEAR THAT NIGHT, WITH BLOOD ON THE CONCRETE.

GO TO HELL LUNA, GO&#33; TO&#33; HELL&#33; "

*Returns*

Well, I think I'm better now. Now let's never mention it again. :P
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

GF93

Post by GF93 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:53 pm

By the way, talking of Awards, what sort of categories will there be?
ICE³ ROBOTICS

prince palatine

Post by prince palatine » Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:56 pm

Kody will deal them out at the end of the season, they are decided upon by the staff members.

CBBR will also have awards, so you may not go home empty handed.

GF93

Post by GF93 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:10 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>prince palatine</dt><dd>Mar 12 2013&#44; 04:56 PM</dd></dl><div> Kody will deal them out at the end of the season, they are decided upon by the staff members.

CBBR will also have awards, so you may not go home empty handed. [/quote]
Yep, I understood that bit- I was more wondering what categories there were. You know, like Best Design, Best Engineered, Pinball Warrior and such.

Sounds good though, so hopefully I can pick one or two up with my new robots once CBBR gets underway. :P
ICE³ ROBOTICS

NFX

Post by NFX » Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:49 pm

Pinball Warrior award goes to Rooster Teeth. =P
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

Braveheart / Crash Blossom / Depth Charge / Broken Ghost / Murder Death Unit / Agent X

RoBattle
Override - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 3 pts
MiDAS - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 0 pts

it was a gigantic masturbation of polygons :v - That Kode Guy