Ruination: The Beginning Discussion

Find all your ARC RPGs and fantasy leagues discussed here. We're good at this stuff.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Post by NWOWWE » Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:17 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Mar 10 2013&#44; 04:02 PM</dd></dl><div>But hopefully that shouldn't be the case- in both fights, I'll be rooting for you, Josh. [/quote]
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Post by That Kode Guy » Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:18 pm

What did I do to get hated so much? :(
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

prince palatine

Post by prince palatine » Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:22 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>KodeBreaker</dt><dd>Mar 10 2013&#44; 03:18 PM</dd></dl><div> What did I do to get hated so much? :( [/quote]
I don't hate you, though admittedly I do want Honey's head on a spike, courtesy of Ocelot.

But other than that, no hate at all.

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by GF93 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:22 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>prince palatine</dt><dd>Mar 10 2013&#44; 03:08 PM</dd></dl><div> MW: Shocked the world (Or this forum anyways) When he made his unprecedented streak and eliminated the much fancied Hubris. [/quote]
Ugh, fuck that shit. I'm never going to hear the end of it, am I?
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

GF93

Post by GF93 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:23 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>KodeBreaker</dt><dd>Mar 10 2013&#44; 03:18 PM</dd></dl><div> What did I do to get hated so much? :( [/quote]
Well, other than insisting on continuing to destroy Hubris after it had been immobilised, not losing to Malevolence when I needed you to, and smashing my one chance to get to a Final (compared to your possible four), nothing really.

Other than that, it's all good. I'm still hoping to seeing Hector smash that horrible thing in the SHW Finals, though. :P
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

prince palatine

Post by prince palatine » Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:30 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Mar 10 2013&#44; 04:22 PM</dd></dl><div> <blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>prince palatine</dt><dd>Mar 10 2013&#44; 03:08 PM</dd></dl><div> MW: Shocked the world (Or this forum anyways) When he made his unprecedented streak and eliminated the much fancied Hubris. [/quote]
Ugh, fuck that shit. I'm never going to hear the end of it, am I? [/quote]
You'll hear the end of it in a year.

Hey, I had to put up with you saying about the EI/Dreadnought match didn't I?

GF93

Post by GF93 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:35 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>prince palatine</dt><dd>Mar 10 2013&#44; 04:30 PM</dd></dl><div> You'll hear the end of it in a year.

Hey, I had to put up with you saying about the EI/Dreadnought match didn't I? [/quote]
Fair point- but then, that wasn't about winning, it was about losing.

Still, only one thing for it- any chance of a MW Rematch?
ICE³ ROBOTICS

prince palatine

Post by prince palatine » Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:36 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Mar 10 2013&#44; 04:35 PM</dd></dl><div> <blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>prince palatine</dt><dd>Mar 10 2013&#44; 04:30 PM</dd></dl><div> You'll hear the end of it in a year.

Hey, I had to put up with you saying about the EI/Dreadnought match didn't I? [/quote]

Still, only one thing for it- any chance of a MW Rematch? [/quote]
You'll get your chance in CBBR

GF93

Post by GF93 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:38 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>prince palatine</dt><dd>Mar 10 2013&#44; 04:36 PM</dd></dl><div> <blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Mar 10 2013&#44; 04:35 PM</dd></dl><div> <blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>prince palatine</dt><dd>Mar 10 2013&#44; 04:30 PM</dd></dl><div> You'll hear the end of it in a year.

Still, only one thing for it- any chance of a MW Rematch? [/quote]
You'll get your chance in CBBR [/quote]
Right. Then again, that'll be with Marauder rather than Hubris, but still- any chance to set right what once went wrong is fine by me. :cool:

As an additional plus- try getting those 4-powered hammers past that thick armour&#33; :P
ICE³ ROBOTICS

Badnik96

Post by Badnik96 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:56 pm

I don't hate you in particular, but I hate all four bots you entered:

-Anti Virus for making me lose out on a playoff spot (If I had beaten you then my loss to ABR wouldnt have mattered)
-Luna for destroying WhipCoil and knocking him out of playoff contention
-Cutie Honey for making me go effectively 1-5
-Tax Cutter for giving PS his only loss in the regular season
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Post by That Kode Guy » Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:33 pm

So you hate them for beating you? Isn't that what they're supposed to do? :P

And where do you get this crap that Anti-Virus made you lose out on a play-off spot? That happened awhile back in the regular season, why are you bringing it up now? If anything, it was ABR who did that, since that was Pyrite's last fight in the regular season. Are you just scavenging for reasons to shout at me, at this point? That is just as uncalled for as your shout at me last page.

Kindly refrain from venting your anger on me just because you lost out on a Final, because that's what I think this all really boils down to. I mean sheesh, it's not the end of the world.

I'm sorry but this is just getting out of hand now. All the results are done fairly. I would like to think of myself as unbiased enough to not see my bot defeat another unfairly, and I KNOW Josh, Chris, and Martijn are the same if not moreso; moreover, nobody has any reason to hold a grudge. You guys are pushing this charade too far with your incessant whining about perfectly viable losses, and being sore losers, and I'm nearly at breaking point. I've gotten incredibly sick and tired of all the complaining. The raging. The hassling. Please, just... just fucking stop, all of you, and grow up. There is no need for this.

And yeah, look at NFX's post last page too.

Apparently "fun" exists on this forum no longer.

EDIT: Also, Mr. AS, I've noticed your input, and I thought I'd comment on it now. While I appreciate your insight towards arguing over a forum game being pointless, it seems you do enjoy whenever an argument springs up. I sincerely doubt you'd find it funny if you were in our shoes, so please stop that.
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

NWOWWE

Post by NWOWWE » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:27 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Badnik96</dt><dd>Mar 10 2013&#44; 10:56 PM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>KodeBreaker</dt><dd>Mar 10 2013&#44; 03:18 PM</dd></dl><div> What did I do to get hated so much? :( [/quote]
I don't hate you in particular, but I hate all four bots you entered[/quote]
Oh come on... your reasoning is pretty narrow. :v:

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>-Anti Virus for making me lose out on a playoff spot (If I had beaten you then my loss to ABR wouldnt have mattered)[/quote]
Hate Robotnik for beating you and making you lose out on a playoff spot. Arbitrarily blaming only one bot is pretty silly.

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>-Luna for destroying WhipCoil and knocking him out of playoff contention[/quote]
Hate Rooster Teeth for destroying Whipcoil and helping to knock him out of playoff contention.

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>Cutie Honey for making me go effectively 1-5[/quote]
Hate Ocelot for making you go effectively 1-5.

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>Tax Cutter for giving PS his only loss in the regular season [/quote]
Hate Hector LeMans for giving PS his loss in the Playoffs.

Hopefully you can see how singling out a single person (and every bot on their team no less&#33;) is pretty silly.
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

NWOWWE

Post by NWOWWE » Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:26 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Mar 10 2013&#44; 05:23 PM</dd></dl><div> <blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>KodeBreaker</dt><dd>Mar 10 2013&#44; 03:18 PM</dd></dl><div> What did I do to get hated so much? :( [/quote]
Well, other than insisting on continuing to destroy Hubris after it had been immobilised [/quote]
Actually this is pretty silly too. Since I wrote that fight you should probably be more angry at ME. Also, the fight description had Luna attacking Hubris UNTIL it was immobilzed, it says nothing about ripping it apart after, so I have no idea where you got that notion from.

prince palatine

Post by prince palatine » Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:05 am

Shits getting real :blink:

Anyways, are we having any post tournament awards or a 3rd/4th place playoff perchance?

NWOWWE

Post by NWOWWE » Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:07 am

Traditionally we don't, but guess that's ultimately up to Kody.