Crazy Bots: Blazing Ruin - Discussion

Find all your ARC RPGs and fantasy leagues discussed here. We're good at this stuff.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

BEES

Post by BEES » Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:47 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>KodeBreaker</dt><dd>Mar 10 2012&#44; 08:07 PM</dd></dl><div> gay LW up [/quote]
Well I thought of that, but "Armor and Wedge Effectiveness may not exceed 16 points combined".

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Post by That Kode Guy » Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:01 pm

Ah, forgot. Editing.

And there. I'm keeping the bot in damnit.
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:15 pm

MW added.

SHW won't be a problem as it's a re-skin, and HW is half-completed anyway.

BEES

Post by BEES » Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:38 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NFX</dt><dd>Mar 10 2012&#44; 08:19 PM</dd></dl><div> I thought the Weapon + Armour could only add up to 16. But it's a very cool idea. Bonus points for the suction fan. [/quote]
Weapon + Armor can go over 16 and I just entered something that does it.

It's Wedge + Armor that can't and there's a very good reason. It keeps someone from entering something like this:
Speed - 3
Traction - 2
Torque - 1
Wedge Effectiveness - 12
Armor - 12
Weapon Power - 0

Most designs could not get under it or damage it, making them useless against it. In real life, it would not work. But here it would be overpowered.

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:00 am

My shit is all in. Stats may vary depending on how I feel about them though. Not totally sure on at least two of them... :qq:

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:18 am

Also Nick bring Parasite back to FRA

EDIT: I mean I am literally going to open up sign-ups for C&B5 next month [/shameless plug]

NFX

Post by NFX » Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:08 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Spatula</dt><dd>Mar 11 2012&#44; 04:38 AM</dd></dl><div> <blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NFX</dt><dd>Mar 10 2012&#44; 08:19 PM</dd></dl><div> I thought the Weapon + Armour could only add up to 16. But it's a very cool idea. Bonus points for the suction fan. [/quote]
Weapon + Armor can go over 16 and I just entered something that does it.

It's Wedge + Armor that can't and there's a very good reason. It keeps someone from entering something like this:
Speed - 3
Traction - 2
Torque - 1
Wedge Effectiveness - 12
Armor - 12
Weapon Power - 0

Most designs could not get under it or damage it, making them useless against it. In real life, it would not work. But here it would be overpowered. [/quote]
I meant that. It was late and I was tired.

New entries seem pretty cool, though. Creeping Death should be a pretty interesting design to fight.
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

Braveheart / Crash Blossom / Depth Charge / Broken Ghost / Murder Death Unit / Agent X

RoBattle
Override - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 3 pts
MiDAS - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 0 pts

it was a gigantic masturbation of polygons :v - That Kode Guy

lewis

Post by lewis » Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:38 am

I've had a stab at doing my stats, anyone willing to lend a helping hand? :P

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Post by NWOWWE » Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:49 am

leet stat update&#33;

And with some of the updates I've seen on the other teams I'm really liking the quality of compitition this tournament is going to have.
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

NFX

Post by NFX » Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:50 am

Can't see too much wrong with the stats, they seem to fit the bots fairly well. Vertigo's armour seems a bit low for my liking, but it was the same sort of thing in Armageddon, and the rest of the stats seem to be a pretty good spread for it. I'm almost contemplating swapping Ganymede for Kraze so we can have a grudge match. =P
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

Braveheart / Crash Blossom / Depth Charge / Broken Ghost / Murder Death Unit / Agent X

RoBattle

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:56 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NFX</dt><dd>Mar 11 2012&#44; 11:50 AM</dd></dl><div> Can't see too much wrong with the stats, they seem to fit the bots fairly well. Vertigo's armour seems a bit low for my liking, but it was the same sort of thing in Armageddon, and the rest of the stats seem to be a pretty good spread for it. I'm almost contemplating swapping Ganymede for Kraze so we can have a grudge match. =P [/quote]
Do it. :v:

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Post by NWOWWE » Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:01 pm

Fuck, if that happens I'm gonna have to switch out ToC for Revolver Ocelot again. I can't keep up with all these new HW flipper/rammers. :unsure:
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

lewis

Post by lewis » Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:46 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>Can't see too much wrong with the stats, they seem to fit the bots fairly well.[/quote]

Thanks bro :P

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>Vertigo's armour seems a bit low for my liking, but it was the same sort of thing in Armageddon, and the rest of the stats seem to be a pretty good spread for it.[/quote]

Yeah that's always been the point of him, because the weapon/armour rule means that his armour is technically 9 for most of the robot. Next time someone's doing CADs for me I plan on making his whole shell the flipper, kind of Glory Hole's srimech (but not like Kody's new LW, it'll still be hinged at the rear) :P

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>I'm almost contemplating swapping Ganymede for Kraze so we can have a grudge match. =P[/quote]

BRING IT AWWWWN&#33;

NFX

Post by NFX » Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:54 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>lewis</dt><dd>Mar 11 2012&#44; 05:46 PM</dd></dl><div> <blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>I'm almost contemplating swapping Ganymede for Kraze so we can have a grudge match. =P[/quote]

BRING IT AWWWWN&#33; [/quote]
IT IS DONE.
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

RoBattle

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by GF93 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:53 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>KodeBreaker</dt><dd>Mar 10 2012&#44; 03:42 PM</dd></dl><div> My plans, which are rendered or will come to be rendered shortly.

LW - walker
MW - clusterbot
HW - flipper
SHW - spinner

Aren't my details amazing? [/quote]
For me, the only things I'm certain of entering are a Spinner (Not revealing what type just yet) for the LWs and a Flipper for the MWs. Still thinking of what to enter for the two higher divisions.
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."