ARC: Armageddon Discussion

Find all your ARC RPGs and fantasy leagues discussed here. We're good at this stuff.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Area51Escapee

Post by Area51Escapee » Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:31 pm

Glad to see a lot of you back! I figured with the hiatus being as long as it was, most people forgot about the place. Nice to see everyone still checking in.

As for my team, I'm still deciding on whether to go with some old bots or enter the bots for the delayed FF tourney. I'll probably stick mostly with my FF lineup but bring back one vet. Since it's the final season, possibly Reflector Shield? Most people would probably be alright if Barrier sat this one out.

succotash_54

Post by succotash_54 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:33 pm

First reply!

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Post by That Kode Guy » Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:20 pm

Me and Joey are considering entering as a team, since neither of us have much time on our hands. Pending Joey's schedule, would that be alright?
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

Badnik96

Post by Badnik96 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:32 pm

Wait, this is the last one? Bummer :S
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Post by NWOWWE » Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:42 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>KodeBreaker</dt><dd>Dec 8 2010&#44; 09:20 PM</dd></dl><div> Me and Joey are considering entering as a team, since neither of us have much time on our hands. Pending Joey's schedule, would that be alright? [/quote]
We've allowed things like that in previous tournaments, so I don't think there would be an issue with it here.
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

Siphai

Post by Siphai » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:45 pm

I'm in between entering my only four successful bots for one last season (The Windmill, Force Feedback, Tank, and Eurypterus), and entering four completely new ones.

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Post by NWOWWE » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:59 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Siphai</dt><dd>Dec 8 2010&#44; 10:45 PM</dd></dl><div> I'm in between entering my only four successful bots for one last season (The Windmill, Force Feedback, Tank, and Eurypterus), and entering four completely new ones. [/quote]
3 brick rammers? Eww...

I'm at a cross-roads as to what I want to enter. I really don't have a desire to use Zombie Killer again, but I'm a bit wary about going with a complete rookie design in that class if a lot of other veteran bots come back. The only entrant I know for 100% sure is Revolver Ocelot in HW. I'm pretty sure I'll use the new Sarge design in MW. The other big choice is between using Final Boss or Tali'Zorah in SHW.
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

StarlessSoldier

Post by StarlessSoldier » Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:22 am

Sidewinder and No Joy are complete, so they'll probably be in. As for my LW and HW, I'll just have to sling something together.

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Post by That Kode Guy » Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:36 am

Apparently Tracy may be coming back and joining me instead of Joey, I'm not sure. She did express interest again. Whatever the case, I'm going to be replacing Shadow Zone Forever with a new HW. Provided I have the time, of course.

EDITED FOR TEAM MODIFICATION PURPOSES AND TEACAKES:

Me, Tracy, Joey, and AJ are thinking about entering as one team, one person per weight class. Need a formal decision from AJ though.
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

joeychevron

Post by joeychevron » Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:02 pm

I might come back for a brief dalliance with the fictional world again, as Kody's said.

I do have a problem though, in that I don't have any copies of the ARC rules and regulations and Firefox and Google physically won't allow me to go on the main Drowning City site to get them as it still seems to be virus ridden, so could someone please email me a copy at some point?

Badnik96

Post by Badnik96 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:23 pm

Posted a thread about this on GameTechmods.com, there's a bit of interest. (Got a lot of Fantasy bot battles around there now) NFX is from there, and I expect 2 other people from GTM (besides Sparks, Palatine, and ACAMS) to enter.
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ

NFX

Post by NFX » Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:26 pm

As Badnik said, I signed up here after hearing about it over on GameTechMods. It seems like fun, I've got some experience with RPing, but not really in the sort of form we do here. It should be a laugh to see how I do here, though I'm not expecting too much.
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

Braveheart / Crash Blossom / Depth Charge / Broken Ghost / Murder Death Unit / Agent X

RoBattle
Override - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 3 pts
MiDAS - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 0 pts

it was a gigantic masturbation of polygons :v - That Kode Guy

prince palatine

Post by prince palatine » Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:56 pm

Im in for this, hope my chances with these new bots take me home a crown :D

Sparkey989

Post by Sparkey989 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:09 pm

this is the last one?

Area51Escapee

Post by Area51Escapee » Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:55 pm

We're advertising it as such, so almost certainly yes. If there's enough interest afterwards, we'll probably have other tournaments, though. I really hope FF comes back, but that's up to John and whether people are willing to accept a more complex system. I figured if we do other tournaments in the future, we'll stick to the simple signup process so people can continue to have a variety of tourney types.