ARC: Armageddon Discussion

Find all your ARC RPGs and fantasy leagues discussed here. We're good at this stuff.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Post by That Kode Guy » Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:02 pm

My feelings:

I think my best bot this season was Count Bleck
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

Siphai

Post by Siphai » Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:08 pm

Damn. Just finished reading that, and damn that owned. I think it was really appropriate for Tank to have won an ARC championship the same time he gets inducted into the Hall of Fame; puts a real emphasis on the design.

That said, it is the perfect time to permanently retire the damn thing, at the top of his game. I don't think anyone's gonna be sad to see the door hit his ass on the way out.

200+ career wins, a Heavyweight Championship (a championship in every weightclass in the ARC Tournament, I think I'm the second one to do this after Chris, and the only one to do this entirely in the Round Robin Era), the Armageddon Award, the Essayist Award, and the Giguere Award. This may be 'just a game' but dammit it is a fucking fun game and this was a fucking fun season and you guys made it fun as hell. All the controversy, the highs and lows, the leaving and re-appearing. This owns. Congrats to Kody, John, and Philip for your guy's wins, and to Joey, Josh, and Nick for putting up great fights. And congrats to the other HoF inductees.

prince palatine

Post by prince palatine » Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:12 pm

Thank you ARC staff for putting on such a fantastic tournament, thank you to all competitior's who toughed it out for the whole season. Thanks also to the writers for making brilliant fights, i would have loved to have reached the play-offs, but my RP was too late. Maybe i could have won the award for most improved

Kody: Congrats on the LW win, it proves that rammers are your strong point
John: Well done on winning the MW. That design worked wonders for Diesector, it worked for you too
Alex: Well done for winning the HW, proving time and time again that bricks really are an elite style
Philip: Well done on breaking the curse!: Youve worked so hard and a deserved win!

joeychevron

Post by joeychevron » Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:41 pm

My feelings:

Well...I would congratulate Kody, I was going to on MSN, but we had a bit of a chat about how the result was decided and neither of us really felt able to celebrate or congratulate, which is an absolute shame because if BlackRose had beaten Falling Down in a fair fight, judged on the merits of robots and strategies alone, then I would have been elated for him (really!) because it's a cool robot, and he's a close friend of mine, and any time he wins stuff on merit is good. However we had a talk about the fight, Kody told me some things he knew and confirmed suspicions that those things aroused and neither of us are at all happy as a result, and all I think I can really say is I look forward to the rematch someday - both robots are going to be on FRA veryish soonish - where we can truly settle things once and for all.

Andy, Marti, Tracy, Kody: You guys have been truly excellent sources of support, calming influences, sounding boards and above all fantastic friends throughout this...journey, I really have and continue to appreciate it and thanks so much for keeping me sane ^__^

Nick (both of you), John, Badnik, Steve, Lian, Lewis, Dan, DRD: Well...it's been a good season in places, and I suppose I should thank you for making the good bits quite satisfactory. So thanks ;P

Philip: I feel as though I owe you an apology - I used to think you were probably the most against me out of all on these boards, but some things I've found out and that Kody's told me (not, I must stress, related to the final battle) have made me realise that of most of the 'inner circle', so to speak, you had the most integrity and stuck up for both me and Team FRA when you had no reason to, so...thing. Good luck to you in the future and hopefully our paths will cross again at some point.

Everyone else: Alex MW is going to say that 'that's just our Joey' in response to this, I can tell, but there's feelings that had been building for a long time I'm afraid, even before ARC revealed itself for what it really is...meh.
I invite you to take the capital letters of the first fifteen sentences of my tactics for the final - not counting any that come after an ellipsis - and drive that message into your skulls.

If anybody wishes to comment on this please feel free to email me or catch me on MSN, I'd be more than happy to talk when I get time but I do have a 1000 word report due in after the weekend so I won't be on the forums as much as usual.

Joey McConnell

Area51Escapee

Post by Area51Escapee » Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:45 pm

Great season, guys. I dare say the best season of the ARC tournaments! We not only had a diverse staff this season (me, Alex, Josh, Kody, Philip, Dylan on occasions) but also had, by far, the most competitors in any round robin style tournament. A lot of great new designs (Sidewinder, Tali'Zorah, Falling Down) along with some returning vets (Barrier, Tank, Japanese School Girl).

I know I advertised this as the final ARC season. As far I'm concerned, I didn't break my promise. I don't plan to run another ARC tournament after this. It's not because I don't enjoy, I really do. I just feel like it's good to end things on such a high note and I realize I'm not going to have a lot of time anymore.

However, as many of you may know, I wasn't even the main organizer this season. That title belongs to Alex, and maybe to a lesser extent Philip, so if either of them (or any other staff member for that matter) feels like starting up another one, I'd be happy to at least join.

prince palatine

Post by prince palatine » Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:51 pm

So.. unless Alex or a another staff member starts up another one, its the end of an era. A great season all around.

@Chris, are we still doing the grudge matches etc etc, since its the end of the season and we have time for them

Siphai

Post by Siphai » Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:54 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>joeychevron</dt><dd>Apr 21 2011&#44; 04:41 PM</dd></dl><div> My feelings:

Well...I would congratulate Kody, I was going to on MSN, but we had a bit of a chat about how the result was decided and neither of us really felt able to celebrate or congratulate, which is an absolute shame because if BlackRose had beaten Falling Down in a fair fight, judged on the merits of robots and strategies alone, then I would have been elated for him (really&#33;) because it's a cool robot, and he's a close friend of mine, and any time he wins stuff on merit is good. However we had a talk about the fight, Kody told me some things he knew and confirmed suspicions that those things aroused and neither of us are at all happy as a result, and all I think I can really say is I look forward to the rematch someday - both robots are going to be on FRA veryish soonish - where we can truly settle things once and for all.

Andy, Marti, Tracy, Kody: You guys have been truly excellent sources of support, calming influences, sounding boards and above all fantastic friends throughout this...journey, I really have and continue to appreciate it and thanks so much for keeping me sane ^__^

Nick (both of you), John, Badnik, Steve, Lian, Lewis, Dan, DRD: Well...it's been a good season in places, and I suppose I should thank you for making the good bits quite satisfactory. So thanks ;P

Philip: I feel as though I owe you an apology - I used to think you were probably the most against me out of all on these boards, but some things I've found out and that Kody's told me (not, I must stress, related to the final battle) have made me realise that of most of the 'inner circle', so to speak, you had the most integrity and stuck up for both me and Team FRA when you had no reason to, so...thing. Good luck to you in the future and hopefully our paths will cross again at some point.

Everyone else: Alex MW is going to say that 'that's just our Joey' in response to this, I can tell, but there's feelings that had been building for a long time I'm afraid, even before ARC revealed itself for what it really is...meh.
I invite you to take the capital letters of the first fifteen sentences of my tactics for the final - not counting any that come after an ellipsis - and drive that message into your skulls.

If anybody wishes to comment on this please feel free to email me or catch me on MSN, I'd be more than happy to talk when I get time but I do have a 1000 word report due in after the weekend so I won't be on the forums as much as usual.

Joey McConnell [/quote]
that's just our joey

Siphai

Post by Siphai » Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:56 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>prince palatine</dt><dd>Apr 21 2011&#44; 04:51 PM</dd></dl><div> So.. unless Alex or a another staff member starts up another one, its the end of an era. A great season all around.

@Chris, are we still doing the grudge matches etc etc, since its the end of the season and we have time for them [/quote]
dylan and i have talked about a new series. essentially my plan is to do a series of small single elim tournaments (probably for a single weightclass) to test different rules and see if we can't shift the balance away from rammers and back to weapon'd robots.

prince palatine

Post by prince palatine » Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:57 pm

Sounds good Alex, i'll be sticking around for it

Area51Escapee

Post by Area51Escapee » Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:01 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>joeychevron</dt><dd>Apr 21 2011&#44; 09:41 PM</dd></dl><div> My feelings:

Well...I would congratulate Kody, I was going to on MSN, but we had a bit of a chat about how the result was decided and neither of us really felt able to celebrate or congratulate, which is an absolute shame because if BlackRose had beaten Falling Down in a fair fight, judged on the merits of robots and strategies alone, then I would have been elated for him (really&#33;) because it's a cool robot, and he's a close friend of mine, and any time he wins stuff on merit is good. However we had a talk about the fight, Kody told me some things he knew and confirmed suspicions that those things aroused and neither of us are at all happy as a result, and all I think I can really say is I look forward to the rematch someday - both robots are going to be on FRA veryish soonish - where we can truly settle things once and for all.

Joey McConnell [/quote]
I really have no idea what you're complaining about this time. Some people, including myself, have personal reasons for hating Falling Down. However, the entire staff is mature enough not to make someone lose based on personal feelings. If this was the case, I would have made you lost in the semis against Zombie Killer. Feelings aside, though, I felt it should have been a damn close match, which is why I needed Kody's assistance on helping me decide it. I can't speak for what everyone else was thinking when deciding battles or the finals matches but I never play favorites.

And this ARC vs. FRA stuff is nonsense as well. If you are so determined to hate ARC, that's your business.

Area51Escapee

Post by Area51Escapee » Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:10 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>prince palatine</dt><dd>Apr 21 2011&#44; 09:51 PM</dd></dl><div> So.. unless Alex or a another staff member starts up another one, its the end of an era. A great season all around.

@Chris, are we still doing the grudge matches etc etc, since its the end of the season and we have time for them [/quote]
Yes, I think we'll probably be getting around to grudge matches pretty soon, I think. Maybe even tag team terror (hey, I still like it).

NFX

Post by NFX » Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:11 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Siphai</dt><dd>Apr 21 2011&#44; 09:56 PM</dd></dl><div> <blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>prince palatine</dt><dd>Apr 21 2011&#44; 04:51 PM</dd></dl><div> So.. unless Alex or a another staff member starts up another one, its the end of an era. A great season all around.

dylan and i have talked about a new series. essentially my plan is to do a series of small single elim tournaments (probably for a single weightclass) to test different rules and see if we can't shift the balance away from rammers and back to weapon'd robots. [/quote]
That sounds good. =] I'm definitely going to stick around for that.
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

Braveheart / Crash Blossom / Depth Charge / Broken Ghost / Murder Death Unit / Agent X

RoBattle
Override - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 3 pts
MiDAS - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 0 pts

it was a gigantic masturbation of polygons :v - That Kode Guy

Fish Of Doom

Post by Fish Of Doom » Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:54 pm

I was in the chat when we decided the LW winner and I'm pretty sure there was no bias against Falling Down, so I have no idea what Kody's been telling you.

Siphai

Post by Siphai » Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:05 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Fish Of Doom</dt><dd>Apr 21 2011&#44; 05:54 PM</dd></dl><div> I was in the chat when we decided the LW winner and I'm pretty sure there was no bias against Falling Down, so I have no idea what Kody's been telling you. [/quote]
Yeah. The only thing I didn't care for, obviously, was the length of the RPs but even given that I and everyone else there still read the entirety of them. Though I will say Joey's RP was pretty much unreadable and almost entirely unnecessary, and probably only because he thought he'd be cute with his secret message.

Badnik96

Post by Badnik96 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:19 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Siphai</dt><dd>Apr 21 2011&#44; 04:56 PM</dd></dl><div> <blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>prince palatine</dt><dd>Apr 21 2011&#44; 04:51 PM</dd></dl><div> So.. unless Alex or a another staff member starts up another one, its the end of an era. A great season all around.

dylan and i have talked about a new series. essentially my plan is to do a series of small single elim tournaments (probably for a single weightclass) to test different rules and see if we can't shift the balance away from rammers and back to weapon'd robots. [/quote]
use my (refined) stats system? Test it out? please? :P
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ