ARC: Armageddon Discussion

Find all your ARC RPGs and fantasy leagues discussed here. We're good at this stuff.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Post by NWOWWE » Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:44 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>joeychevron</dt><dd>Mar 20 2011&#44; 04:20 PM</dd></dl><div> I'm just not that interested in the post season battles I'm afraid ;P and Drive is retired now, as I've said.

I did suggest that you could use one of the many other large overpowered boxes that litter the SHW division like Diet Coke cans, but *someone else* decided that wasn't on. [/quote]
And it was FURTHER suggested that while doubtless there are a myriad of box rammers to choose from, not many were champions/finalists. Including mediocre designs kind of degrades the whole purpose of the idea.
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

joeychevron

Post by joeychevron » Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:47 pm

What was the logic behind setting the fight up before asking the permission of people involved, may I ask? (not a personal issue with you - being entered into things without my consent is just one of my berserk buttons, I was very unhappy about the CFL poll tournament and think I had to be talked out of withdrawing Drive from that for example)

Siphai

Post by Siphai » Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:56 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>joeychevron</dt><dd>Mar 20 2011&#44; 03:47 PM</dd></dl><div> What was the logic behind setting the fight up before asking the permission of people involved, may I ask? (not a personal issue with you - being entered into things without my consent is just one of my berserk buttons, I was very unhappy about the CFL poll tournament and think I had to be talked out of withdrawing Drive from that for example) [/quote]
lmao

o-oh no&#33; people are arbitrarily voting on my robot in a thing that doesnt mean anything at all :qq:

NWOWWE

Post by NWOWWE » Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:58 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>joeychevron</dt><dd>Mar 20 2011&#44; 04:47 PM</dd></dl><div> What was the logic behind setting the fight up before asking the permission of people involved, may I ask? (not a personal issue with you - being entered into things without my consent is just one of my berserk buttons, I was very unhappy about the CFL poll tournament and think I had to be talked out of withdrawing Drive from that for example) [/quote]
Oh my god... UGH&#33;&#33;&#33;

The match was mearly suggested at one point, and in fact some of the members suggested haven't been around for ages so they've sort of lapsed into "ARC Public Domain", and most of the other had no real reason to want to withdraw their bots, in fact they were rather enthusiastic about the idea. Certainly no one was being forced into anything, it just seemed unlikely that anyone would want to withold their bot.

And I'm absolutly dumbfounded about your staunch resistance to Drive being entered into side events that exsist purely for fun. Especially since pretty much no one else had any problems with being in the CFL Olympics or Poll Tournament. These kind of things have virtually ZERO effect on any bots "legacy" so that can't possibly be a contributing factor. At this point I'm starting to think that you seem to find these kind of silly exhibitions to be beneath the GRAND AND GLORIOUS Drive. The excuse of a bot being retired is absurd.
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

joeychevron

Post by joeychevron » Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:20 pm

I think you're seeing a lot of things that aren't there, please don't jump to conclusions...I'm just very - perhaps a bit too much - protective/paranoid about my designs, there's no element of thinking any one competition is beneath me or my designs at all (and I do honestly think Drive is nothing really special - equally I have to say it mystifies me why you can't use another design that is a lot better)

I don't think it's honestly going to be any great loss to the quality of the post-season things if Falling Down/Drive/Broken Wings/et cetera aren't in (let's be honest here, it really won't be ;)) so...I don't really see the need to start getting on my back about what I would or wouldn't like to do with my robots...fair enough?

Siphai

Post by Siphai » Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:30 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>joeychevron</dt><dd>Mar 20 2011&#44; 04:20 PM</dd></dl><div> I think you're seeing a lot of things that aren't there, please don't jump to conclusions...I'm just very - perhaps a bit too much - protective/paranoid about my designs, there's no element of thinking any one competition is beneath me or my designs at all (and I do honestly think Drive is nothing really special - equally I have to say it mystifies me why you can't use another design that is a lot better)

I don't think it's honestly going to be any great loss to the quality of the post-season things if Falling Down/Drive/Broken Wings/et cetera aren't in (let's be honest here, it really won't be ;)) so...I don't really see the need to start getting on my back about what I would or wouldn't like to do with my robots...fair enough? [/quote]
yeah but the whole purpose of those things are simply a friendly gesture in the name of fun. it is mystifying why you would be 'very unhappy' about it

joeychevron

Post by joeychevron » Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:41 pm

It's the principle really.

That and my mind doesn't necessarily work along the lines of logic at times ;P

NWOWWE

Post by NWOWWE » Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:14 pm

No offense or anything, but I find that response to be simply not adequate.

I mean the whole reason Drive was suggested in the first place is because he has achieved a reasonable measure of success and pretty much every other SHW rammer that is in the same category has already been put forward into the match as well.

Area51Escapee

Post by Area51Escapee » Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:00 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Siphai</dt><dd>Mar 20 2011&#44; 08:56 PM</dd></dl><div> <blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>joeychevron</dt><dd>Mar 20 2011&#44; 03:47 PM</dd></dl><div> What was the logic behind setting the fight up before asking the permission of people involved, may I ask? (not a personal issue with you - being entered into things without my consent is just one of my berserk buttons, I was very unhappy about the CFL poll tournament and think I had to be talked out of withdrawing Drive from that for example) [/quote]
lmao

o-oh no&#33; people are arbitrarily voting on my robot in a thing that doesnt mean anything at all :qq: [/quote]
HAHA Yet I didn't hear any complaints when he was steamrolling the competition. <_<

joeychevron

Post by joeychevron » Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:42 pm

Kody persuaded me to stay in by about the second round so by the time it was 'steamrollering' I was at an uneasy peace with the idea...hence no complaints.

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Post by That Kode Guy » Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:18 pm

well Count Bleck is now forgettable, and so seems to be Ultraviolence :(

BlackRose faces UE3, and SZF gets dealt a raw deal...if it's Blood Thirsty, I'm done, lol...

24-16, very much a winning season but quite lackluster from my viewpoint, I had higher expectations. That's life, I guess :/
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Post by That Kode Guy » Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:45 pm

also, LMFAO at most of the results
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

NFX

Post by NFX » Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:23 am

Kraze 2 has the worst record of anyone in the playoffs. Which I think is sort of appropriate.
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

Braveheart / Crash Blossom / Depth Charge / Broken Ghost / Murder Death Unit / Agent X

RoBattle
Override - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 3 pts
MiDAS - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 0 pts

it was a gigantic masturbation of polygons :v - That Kode Guy

Siphai

Post by Siphai » Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:01 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NFX</dt><dd>Mar 21 2011&#44; 05:23 AM</dd></dl><div> Kraze 2 has the worst record of anyone in the playoffs. Which I think is sort of appropriate. [/quote]
As the Seattle Seahawks said, playoffs is playoffs. It don't matter how you got there as long as you're there.

Siphai

Post by Siphai » Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:05 am

last season i think we had two robots with losing records in the playoffs. Malaria and Hit 'em Hard