ARC: Aftermath Discussion

Find all your ARC RPGs and fantasy leagues discussed here. We're good at this stuff.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

MadBull

Post by MadBull » Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:09 pm

Im quite happy I made it to 2 finals this season ;)

JOHN! Dude, I read your RP and found your compliments towards The Thwacking Head really kind, thank you. I actually wanted to refer to this in my own RP, thinking that referring to a compliment should be an exception to the "thou shall not refer to an RP" rule, and anyone who thought otherwise would be nitpicking, but in the end I didnt wanna risk it :P

You put up a nice fight John, and you too Chris.

succotash_54

Post by succotash_54 » Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:14 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>DRD</dt><dd>Apr 11 2010&#44; 05:04 PM</dd></dl><div> Dude I shouldn't have charged in the first place&#33; How the hell is it suddenly decided I charge at him huh? That was not my strategy in the first place&#33; You know what? Can I make a friendly suggestion? Bring back the bump ramps&#33; Battlebots uses them for a reason&#33; [/quote]
DRD: From your own RP--

"I'm going to come rolling out cautiously and once Deadstar starts lumbering out I'm going to roll out. Now like I did with Gladiator I want to shuck and jive and keep on moving. If I stop all that would do is give Deadstar a chance to KO me. What I want to do is keep him on his toes all the time. With my speed he won't know where I'm coming from. Once he comes out to the center of the arena I want to go out and drive circles around the robot."

DeadStar never "lumbered out" in the way you expected or "came out to the center of the arena" at all. His strategy was to take a defensive stance, lingering near the walls. And you didn't say you would just sit and wait in the middle of the arena for him to come out there either. Your strategy was to keep moving, which means you've got to move and go after him, wherever he may be.

And Battlebots eventually took out the Hellraisers, and they did it for a reason, too.

DRD

Post by DRD » Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:42 am

What in the hell did "Once Deadstar rolls out I'm going to roll out meant?" I was waiting for him to come out so I can run circles around his ass&#33; I specifically said NOT TO GO AT HIM HEAD ON&#33; What did I do? I went at him head on&#33; That completely thrown everything I said in my RP out the window.

StarlessSoldier

Post by StarlessSoldier » Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:24 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>MadBull</dt><dd>Apr 11 2010&#44; 10:09 PM</dd></dl><div> Im quite happy I made it to 2 finals this season ;)

JOHN&#33; Dude, I read your RP and found your compliments towards The Thwacking Head really kind, thank you. I actually wanted to refer to this in my own RP, thinking that referring to a compliment should be an exception to the "thou shall not refer to an RP" rule, and anyone who thought otherwise would be nitpicking, but in the end I didnt wanna risk it :P

You put up a nice fight John, and you too Chris. [/quote]
What can I say dude, couldn't have lost to a better bot. Good luck in the finals.

succotash_54

Post by succotash_54 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:47 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>DRD</dt><dd>Apr 12 2010&#44; 01:42 AM</dd></dl><div> What in the hell did "Once Deadstar rolls out I'm going to roll out meant?" I was waiting for him to come out so I can run circles around his ass&#33; I specifically said NOT TO GO AT HIM HEAD ON&#33; What did I do? I went at him head on&#33; That completely thrown everything I said in my RP out the window. [/quote]

Rolling out cautiously still means you're getting closer to him. Simply put, you expected him to roll out to center arena... he didn't. You made a foregone conclusion that forewent the other way. He went with a strategy you didn't account for. But that's been happening all season... that's how Dancing Headless beat No Joy, that's how Death Chamber's Revenge beat 1-Hit Wonder, that's how The Gladiator beat Rascal, that's how Parental Advisory: Extreme Content beat Drive, that's how Red Cross beat Dr. Thwack, etc. And no, "rolling out cautiously... and once he comes rolling out I'm gonna roll out" does NOT mean "plop my ass down and wait for him in the middle of the arena". "Rolling" is a form of motion so until he "rolls out" (which he had no intention of doing) you're gonna keep "rolling out cautiously" toward him until you could run circles around him (which would require being able to phase through lexan walls, which would actually be pretty cool).

You didn't go at him head on... you went for the side that put you close to the Pulverizer. That's how the Pulverizer hit one side and DeadStar's disc the other. He purposely exposed a side to you, hoping you'd take the bait. And since that wasn't going directly at him, you went for it.

DRD

Post by DRD » Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:14 am

Philip you're a damn retard and those results were retarded. Thanks for screwing me over.

prince palatine

Post by prince palatine » Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:42 am

Whoa calm down Chris.

Don't take as if they want to rip your fucking guts out. Cos they dont.

Whilst we are on the subject im still a little fucked off about the Red Cross fight but i wont hold a grudge. Congrats to Sparkey.

EDIT: Yay we have beat the disscussion topic record :D

Andrewbot

Post by Andrewbot » Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:20 pm

DRD, shut the fuck up. You're embarrassing yourself. If you don't like the results, then don't play the game.

DRD

Post by DRD » Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:33 pm

Andrew why are you even in this thread?&#33; You don't even play this game&#33; How about you mind your own business&#33;

Siphai

Post by Siphai » Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:03 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>DRD</dt><dd>Apr 13 2010&#44; 02:33 PM</dd></dl><div>Andrew why are you even in this thread?&#33; You don't even play this game&#33; How about you mind your own business&#33;[/quote]

StarlessSoldier

Post by StarlessSoldier » Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:53 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Siphai</dt><dd>Apr 13 2010&#44; 08:03 PM</dd></dl><div> <blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>DRD</dt><dd>Apr 13 2010&#44; 02:33 PM</dd></dl><div>Andrew why are you even in this thread?&#33; You don't even play this game&#33; How about you mind your own business&#33;[/quote]
Image [/quote]
Epic...

succotash_54

Post by succotash_54 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:01 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>DRD</dt><dd>Apr 13 2010&#44; 05:14 AM</dd></dl><div> Philip you're a damn retard and those results were retarded. Thanks for screwing me over. [/quote]
DRD, I've been patient and rational in explaining my point of view and how I judged the matches, explaining myself repeatedly, which is more than you'd get from anyone else who's ever written a match result. You said you'd approach cautiously... you said nothing about sitting and waiting for him to come to Center Arena... you only ASSUMED he would. He didn't, that makes your whole strategy fall apart. There's no rule that says bots must advance to Center Arena to start the match. Show me where in the rules it says that. You simply didn't take into account a more defensive strategy. You didn't, as they say in postal service, cover your ass. As one of Murphy's Laws of military strategy states: the contingency you ignore will always be the main attack. You lost to a strategy you didn't account for, that simple. If you really think that's retarded, go suck a dick.

StarlessSoldier

Post by StarlessSoldier » Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:32 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>succotash_54</dt><dd>Apr 14 2010&#44; 05:01 PM</dd></dl><div> go suck a dick. [/quote]
This thread is like those British Parliament sessions on C-SPAN...

Toxic

Post by Toxic » Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:45 am

I love this thread.

succotash_54

Post by succotash_54 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:59 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>StarlessSoldier</dt><dd>Apr 15 2010&#44; 12:32 AM</dd></dl><div> <blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>succotash_54</dt><dd>Apr 14 2010&#44; 05:01 PM</dd></dl><div> go suck a dick. [/quote]
This thread is like those British Parliament sessions on C-SPAN... [/quote]
Well, I was gonna say "Go fuck yourself" but we've had enough remembrances of Cheney.....

Sorry, I shouldn't tell political jokes: too many of them get elected.