ARC: Aftermath Discussion

Find all your ARC RPGs and fantasy leagues discussed here. We're good at this stuff.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

DRD

Post by DRD » Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:15 pm

Ok wow I call BS on both of my fights. How the hell did Gladiator get completely mauled that fight?! I go from winning a first fight against him to suddenly I can barely do shit against him?! MAJOR INCONSISTENCY HERE!

And wtf It's like the writer didn't even bother to read my RP AT ALL. I said I was going to wait for Deadstar to come out to the center of the arena! why did I charge out there like an idiot? THAT WAS RETARDED!!! Oh and me getting pounded by the hammer? Did my traction all of a sudden disappear from nowhere?! Wtf! Nothing is making sense here. NOTHING.

Andrewbot

Post by Andrewbot » Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:25 pm

"I said I was going to wait for Deadstar to come out to the center of the arena!"

This is why I stay away from the RP based system, because in the real world you're making decisions every second that are based off what just happened, nothing ever goes according to plan.

succotash_54

Post by succotash_54 » Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:31 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>DRD</dt><dd>Apr 11 2010&#44; 04:15 PM</dd></dl><div> Ok wow I call BS on both of my fights. How the hell did Gladiator get completely mauled that fight?&#33; I go from winning a first fight against him to suddenly I can barely do shit against him?&#33; MAJOR INCONSISTENCY HERE&#33;

And wtf It's like the writer didn't even bother to read my RP AT ALL. I said I was going to wait for Deadstar to come out to the center of the arena&#33; why did I charge out there like an idiot? THAT WAS RETARDED&#33;&#33;&#33; Oh and me getting pounded by the hammer? Did my traction all of a sudden disappear from nowhere?&#33; Wtf&#33; Nothing is making sense here. NOTHING. [/quote]
Your strategy against Hit 'Em Hard was based on capitalizing on your speed. Hit 'Em Hard is just as fast as you, and can therefore move to counter you. Your strategy kind of falls apart once that's realized.

As for the HW... you were gonna be in Center Arena, but he was gonna wait by the wall for you... something had to give, or else there'd be three minutes of nothing. And what does your traction have to do with the Pulverizer beating on your 4 armor, and crippling you?

DRD

Post by DRD » Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:38 pm

Dude I shouldn't have thrown myself under the hammer in the first place due to that&#33; How much traction do you need to not make a stupid mistake like that for the love of god&#33; Stupid result... STUPID STUPID result&#33;

joeychevron

Post by joeychevron » Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:49 pm

Drive's front wedge is magnetic, not sprung as the fight states.

succotash_54

Post by succotash_54 » Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:52 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>DRD</dt><dd>Apr 11 2010&#44; 04:38 PM</dd></dl><div> Dude I shouldn't have thrown myself under the hammer in the first place due to that&#33; How much traction do you need to not make a stupid mistake like that for the love of god&#33; Stupid result... STUPID STUPID result&#33; [/quote]
Are you even familiar with how the strategy works? He parks himself at an angle like such: O_/_ Where O is where the Pulverizer would hit and / is how DeadStar has himself parked and _ and _ are the wall on either side of DeadStar. (and / isn't the proper angle... It's a more gradual slope than that, making the narrow side even more narrow in practice.

So you can either go at him directly, which would get you sawn in half, practically. You can go for the narrow side, where he has less room to turn to get the disc buried into you, thus getting you sawn in half again. Or you can linger dangerously close to the Pulverizer, risk getting hit and attack where he has wider to turn and is least likely to saw you in half.

So you go for that wide side and risk the Pulverizer. Yes, it is possible to avoid getting hit. However, to be an effective clampbot, you generally have to be a pretty wide bot, meaning a lot of surface area in which to get hit. (This, btw, is how you also managed to get hit by the Killsaws despite trying to maneuver around them in your victory over 1-Hit Wonder.)

And even if we do assume you don't get hit by the Pulverizer, you've still got a DeadStar clamped in you the long way. And at 10 inches high, that disc is still gonna spin and rip your 4 armor to shreds, disabling that side of your drive train, where you would still be considered KO'ed.

succotash_54

Post by succotash_54 » Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:53 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>joeychevron</dt><dd>Apr 11 2010&#44; 04:49 PM</dd></dl><div> Drive's front wedge is magnetic, not sprung as the fight states. [/quote]
Sorry, Joey, I thought it was both. I had it both ways. In fact, I almost had the Killsaw ripping off one of your magnets from underneath.

joeychevron

Post by joeychevron » Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:55 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>succotash_54</dt><dd>Apr 11 2010&#44; 04:53 PM</dd></dl><div> <blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>joeychevron</dt><dd>Apr 11 2010&#44; 04:49 PM</dd></dl><div> Drive's front wedge is magnetic, not sprung as the fight states. [/quote]
Sorry, Joey, I thought it was both. I had it both ways. In fact, I almost had the Killsaw ripping off one of your magnets from underneath. [/quote]
Mkay, fair enough I suppose. The magnets are technically above the baseplate but my phrasing probably didn't make that clear :P

I'm okay with losing...well, I'm not really :P, but I accept it and can't really argue as it was a close fight and I wish NWOWWE (whose name I keep forgetting, hehe) all the best for the final...just making sure people hadn't been skipping on reading my descriptions :)

succotash_54

Post by succotash_54 » Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:57 pm

lol It was reading your descriptions that got you stuck on PAEC earlier in the season (which I took a shitstorm for having happen&#33;)... your description said that the magnetic force necessitate a sheet of plywood to be able to lift it up.

joeychevron

Post by joeychevron » Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:00 pm

Alex was in the driving seat for the shitstorm over that so I can't really comment :P I did envision the drive motors having more than enough power to overcome the magnetic force, in fact that was even stated in the description, and since a lot of robots aren't totally magnetic as Alex said that affair did seem a bit strange to me.

I did come up with a solution though - before I took the decision not to enter next season I was going to subtly change them to be electromagnets :)

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Post by NWOWWE » Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:01 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>joeychevron</dt><dd>Apr 11 2010&#44; 05:55 PM</dd></dl><div> I'm okay with losing...well, I'm not really :P, but I accept it and can't really argue as it was a close fight and I wish NWOWWE (whose name I keep forgetting, hehe) all the best for the final...just making sure people hadn't been skipping on reading my descriptions :) [/quote]
There are some who call me... Josh.
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

succotash_54

Post by succotash_54 » Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:01 pm

Yeah, that's been my plan for Babaganoush ever since losing to Striker in the Finals... I just haven't brought him back since then, though.

succotash_54

Post by succotash_54 » Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:02 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NWOWWE</dt><dd>Apr 11 2010&#44; 05:01 PM</dd></dl><div> <blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>joeychevron</dt><dd>Apr 11 2010&#44; 05:55 PM</dd></dl><div> I'm okay with losing...well, I'm not really :P, but I accept it and can't really argue as it was a close fight and I wish NWOWWE (whose name I keep forgetting, hehe) all the best for the final...just making sure people hadn't been skipping on reading my descriptions :) [/quote]
There are some who call me... Josh. [/quote]
I personally call him "yutz" though.

DRD

Post by DRD » Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:04 pm

Dude I shouldn't have charged in the first place&#33; How the hell is it suddenly decided I charge at him huh? That was not my strategy in the first place&#33; You know what? Can I make a friendly suggestion? Bring back the bump ramps&#33; Battlebots uses them for a reason&#33;

Siphai

Post by Siphai » Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:06 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Area51Escapee</dt><dd>Apr 11 2010&#44; 04:07 PM</dd></dl><div> Well, I certainly wasn't surprised I lost to Feedback. Losing to Vendetta kinda sucked mostly because SS was working on a perfect season, but oh well, at least Cupid has made up for it. Finals again&#33; Sweet&#33; [/quote]
haha yeah that was a good fight. I wasn't expecting FF to win that solidly. Finally Feedback makes the finals after three seasons of doing awesome for the tournament and then dropping out at the semis. I was actually surprised at Cupids win over Ocelot, and it's kinda unfortunate to see Ocelot go down so close to the finals again. Poor SS though, I gotta support my ramming/punching bar brethern.

It is cool to see Final Boss make the finals though, I always liked that design.