Round 1: Taurus vs. X-Combat

Section for tournament polls. Other stuff, such as CFL All-Stars, are located here.
Area51Escapee

Post by Area51Escapee » Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:19 am

The next MW in our competition is from Team Gemini, a fierce flipper that has had a tough road in the past, but has redeemed himself to become a respectable contender. Taurus, formerly considered the "23-22 loser" bot, has turned it around with a sweet upgraded design and an impressive showing in Reckoning to make it to the semis. He is back to prove himself once again.

On the other hand, X-Combat from Team Omegaforce Robotics, has been proven a killer bot from the very beginning (by beginning, I mean all the way back to CFRC1!) The very first MW CFL champion ever also claimed the title for being the first of a set of CADs ever entered, as well. A poineer of his time, does X-Combat still stack up to the new blood?

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Post by That Kode Guy » Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:22 am

A bit less harder to call, because three things really stick out for me: Taurus' exposed tires, exposed flipper, and X-Combat's decent speed. If X-Combat gets a couple of hits the lifter or wheels, Taurus will be wounded majorly enough for X-Combat to go in for a kill. and it has the armour to survive a few hazard blows. Taurus' slightly stronger armour may only just preserve it longer.

X-Combat for me.
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

Siphai

Post by Siphai » Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:53 am

I like X-Combat/El Negro Muerte, and I think my favorite iteration of the series is the one John entered in either Vengeance (I think). It was a bar spinner with plows stuck all around it. It just struck me as the coolest version, but obviously was struck with the FF problem.

Regardless, I also like X-Combat. The disc is pretty damn strong, and the semi-exposed tires don't help.

Area51Escapee

Post by Area51Escapee » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:25 am

I actually want to see X-Combat win this one (and he obviously will) just because I've always appreciated the bot, especially the original. Also, what everyone else said, Taurus was not exactly designed for a spinner like this.

lewis

Post by lewis » Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:08 pm

oh man :( I love Taurus but it's got no chance here

panicattacky2k

Post by panicattacky2k » Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:05 pm

Why did you use an ancient version of X Combat instead of the most recent one? That's kind of unfair.

Area51Escapee

Post by Area51Escapee » Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:10 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>panicattacky2k</dt><dd>Feb 9 2010&#44; 08:05 PM</dd></dl><div> Why did you use an ancient version of X Combat instead of the most recent one? That's kind of unfair. [/quote]
Unfair? Haha. You're funny.

This is the version that won the championship. Plus, I don't have a CAD for any of the other versions and I'm not redoing one for every fucking CFRC bot.