Round 1: Influenza vs. Dogpounder

Section for tournament polls. Other stuff, such as CFL All-Stars, are located here.
Area51Escapee

Post by Area51Escapee » Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:42 pm

In the very first MW matchup, we have a proven cage spinner from Team Yellow Alert. Influenza is by far the most successful bot from the team and has been praised for it's visual appeal and fine-tuned design. Despite it's great record of 16-6, it has yet to get a title. Will his luck change in this tourney?

Next up, from Team Animal Cruelty, we have the undefeated MW incarnation of Dogpounder! Having a perfect season in FF1 and then retaining it's legacy in the CFL Olympics '08, Dogpounder has yet to lose. How does he fair here?

panicattacky2k

Post by panicattacky2k » Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:40 pm

Crud, this would have been a no-brainer if this was the Dogpounder with the hinged wedge. Be ramming Influenza's ass all over.

As things stand, it's much harder and less safer but he could still thwack the lower ends of Influenza's peasly 3 armor. Eventually he'll target the drivetrain and make that 3 speed suck even more until it's either just not moving period or damn close. It's not a blowout like it could have been, but I still like Dogpounder more here.

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Post by That Kode Guy » Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:41 pm

Dogpounder can hit Influenza without taking damage to itself, Influenza can hit Dogpounder but can self-destruct easily. Yeah, Philip's got it in the bag.
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Post by NWOWWE » Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:04 pm

Kinda tough to call this one, but think Influenza could pull it off here. I don't see Dogpounder taking out his weapon.
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

Siphai

Post by Siphai » Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:09 pm

I also feel like Clown Breath has the upperhand. I've never really been one to favor thwacks in a spinner vs. thwack fight anyway, but I feel like Clown Breath can cause more damage here and that his spinner won't go out.

succotash_54

Post by succotash_54 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:11 pm

Dogpounder's dead meat theory wouldn't hold on in this one like it did in AMP's. Even if you still think that strategy was/is sound, the bracing support on Influenza's arms are superior. DP wouldn't be able to bend the arms and unbalance Influenza.

Also, the key to taking out Influenza has often been either attack the carousel from above or knock it off balance, with all the motors up top. I don't think Dogpounder could effectively do either... maybe the latter, but it'd take one hell of a good thwack, followed up quickly by another one. If any thwack COULD do it, it's DP, but I don't think it's happening here.

Area51Escapee

Post by Area51Escapee » Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:11 pm

Tough call but I went with old skool on this one.