Round 1: Pit Bull vs. Underminer

Section for tournament polls. Other stuff, such as CFL All-Stars, are located here.
Area51Escapee

Post by Area51Escapee » Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:35 pm

First off we have, from Team Animal Cruelty, a bot that is very similar to the team's MW thwackbot champion, Dogpounder. However, this LW hasn't had much chance to prove himself thus far but putting an impressive 7-4 record. But will he have enough?

Next up, we have ALSO from Team Animal Cruelty, the two-time FRR champion Underminer! This bot's unique wedge design showed how tough it was in CFRC, but had to be put on hiatus for awhile. When it came back, however, it tore right through the competition putting up back-to-back titles! It's been awhile since it's competed, though. Does it still have the stuff it takes?

panicattacky2k

Post by panicattacky2k » Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:41 pm

battle of the philip bots isn't this fun

Anyway Underminer's stat allocation is pretty much going to fuck it over. It won't even be able to drive in a straight line. Pitbull is controlled enough to take advantage of Underminer's drunk driving, so I'm giving it to Philip-bot number 1.

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Post by That Kode Guy » Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:44 pm

Fuck I voted Underminer, for reasons due to the hammer of Pitbull going over the wedge of Underminer, and that the heavier wedge of Underminer can probably get under Pit Bull's own hinged one.

I was probably thinking that since it's torque and not traction, control issues wouldn't happen as much. Oh well.
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

panicattacky2k

Post by panicattacky2k » Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:55 pm

Well even if that wasn't the case back when the traction stat didn't exist it was kind of a rule of thumb that anything more than 8 speed was going to have some control problems. At least that's the impression I got.

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Post by NWOWWE » Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:11 pm

Back in the old days of Torque, I'd feel more confident in my pick of Underminer. If Pit Bull was able to move while thwacking I would've given it to him, but alas, I think Underminer will be able to get around his control problems enough to wedge PB around (and be able to eat a few hits along the way without worrying about it too much).
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.