Fantasy Fury

StarlessSoldier

Fantasy Fury

Post by StarlessSoldier » Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:27 pm

Okay, here's what you've all been waiting for.

Basic sign-ups info is in the other thread, go there if you didn't catch it.

The Obstacle Course
Sorry for the crude pics on this one but I wanted to color code the obstacles.
Yellow: The serpentine, a test of speed, maneuverability, and control.
Green: Speed bumps, curved floor obstables that risk high centering your bot.
Red: Spinners, spinning portions of the floor to throw you off course.
Blue: Ramp, a high angled slope.
Silver: Pistons, powerful lifting pistons that randomly pop up and can flip your bot.
Gray: Spike Strips, low to the ground spikes make a tight fit.
Black: The Conveyor, extreme angled conveyor belt that moves backwards to make a difficult climb for your bot, also has no side guards (fall off and you'll start again where you land)
Bot with the quickest time to the center platform wins.

Bot Ball
A symmetrical arena where both bots race each other to move three 2 foot diameter balls from their pedestals to the goal at the top of a 4 foot ramp.

Gauntlet
A timed drag race through several barriers including a 3 inch thick glass sheet, a wall of concrete blocks, a stack of 6x6 timbers locked into the walls, 3 55 gallon drums 1/4 full of sand, and finally push a 500 pound sled across the finish line. You can go the straight route, or brave the house bots' territory to skip 2 obstacles.

Gross Display of Power
The GDoP event is a simple test of damage potential. You simply attempt to do as much damage as possible in 1 minute to empty 55 gallon drums, concrete blocks, and wooden crates. Harder objects earn higher scores. You can attempt to break everything or simply go for one, up to you.

Final Battle
This is a straight up 3 minute fight to the death, with 2 house bots waiting in their kill zones for anyone foolish enough to enter (or let themselves be pushed in).

And finally the house robots...
Cobaltic
548 pounds
Powerhouse ultraheavyweight spinner with a 110 pound disc driven by a 600cc motorcycle engine.
Speed 4
Torque 7
Armor 10
Weapon 18

Zero
437 pounds
Massive wedge bot with 4 Eteks driving two huge tires. Has a powerful flipping arm in the center of the wedge.
Speed 12
Torque 14
Armor 12
Weapon 6

panicattacky2k

Fantasy Fury

Post by panicattacky2k » Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:12 pm

Novastorm

9 Speed
7 Armor
6 Torque

3 Control
3 Stability
4 Agility

Approved

joeychevron

Fantasy Fury

Post by joeychevron » Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:25 am

Painkiller

ARMOUR: 6
SPEED: 7
TORQUE: 2
WEAPON: 7

AGILITY: 2
CONTROL: 5
STABILITY: 3

DESCRIPTION: Painkiller/Pain Killer (either spelling is acceptable, heh) started life as a concept I had for a 80kg tourney a while back, and has been revived for Fantasy Fury. The chassis is made of box section stainless steel with a 5mm stainless steel top and base, 5mm shock mounted grade 5 titanium rear, and shock mounted polycarbonate side and front panels (10mm sides, 4mm around the disc area) when in standard configuration. Drive comes from either 2 or 4 aluminium Vulkalon treaded wheels through chains and 24v 800w Litton motors, which allow it to run either way up, with 3 4ah NiCad packs and a Vantec RDFR47E speed controller on the electrical side of things.
Painkiller has two interchangable front setups: The standard setup is used mainly for combat, and has a 121cc Stihl MS880 chainsaw petrol engine driving through timing belts a 17.5kg front spinning disc weapon, constructed from hardened aluminium with a stainless steel flywheel rim and two hardened steel chisel like teeth shaped to bludgeon metal and tear chunks from plastic armour. This spins at a maximum 3000rpm and delivers a theroetical 80kj upon impact, the entire weapon assembly being mounted on a Hardox subframe that mechanically and thermally isolates it from the rest of the robot for shock and heatproofing.
The alternative setup removes the disc, engine and subframe, and replaces them with two more driven wheels from the motors - making Painkiller 4WD - and a pair of electric 1 tonne linear actuators acting on a hinged front 5mm stainless steel scoop. These are used in conjunction with springs so the front scoop is normally sprung down to the ground, and when lifting the actuators work against the springs. This only gives about 15cm of lift but this should be enough to control objects like footballs and lift opponents' wheels off the ground. All the extra workings are protected by 5mm and 10mm polycarbonate panels outside the main chassis,
The other weapons of Painkiller are the rear 3mm grade 5 titanium skirt (this is just hinged and so recieves an armour bonus, it makes a scoop kind of wedge when in normal running and when flipped a standard wedge, in conjunction with the shape of the back of the chassis), the 5mm grade 5 titanium side skirts (which are magnetically held to the arena floor) and the spikes, these are four, hardened steel, sharpened to points and when the machine is in scoop mode stick out beyond either side of the scoop (this also assists in the controlling of the balls since they can't roll off one end). These also serve to stop Painkiller getting stuck on its side.

Aaaand with my incredibly bad Paint pic of the various things:

Clockwise from top:
Side on view showing angled rear to keep rear wheels in contact with ground, and the skirt layout (disc mode)
Top view showing actuators and springs (red line things) for scoop (scoop mode)
Top view showing disc (disc mode)

The skirts were literally done in two minutes after I realised I'd left them out, so don't savage the pic too much :P

Hope this is okay dude. :)

(edited to add side skirts)

Approved

Area51Escapee

Fantasy Fury

Post by Area51Escapee » Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:24 am

Well, I'm going to be entering Reflector Shield's younger brother, Force Field (the same name as the housebot for CFRC).

Speed: 6
Weapon: 0
Torque: 8
Armor: 8

Agility: 4
Control: 3
Stability: 3

He's got three plow setups. All for specific focuses in mind.

REGULAR PLOW
Meant for taking on Cobaltic in the Gauntlet. Also meant for fighting opponents that can potentially flip me.

HALF CIRCLE PLOW
Meant for bot ball. A nice design to trap the ball in and push it all the way to the other side.

REFLECTOR SHIELD PLOW
Just for shits an giggles mostly, but it's gonna be used in regular combat against non-flipper bots. More importantly, though, it'll be used for Gross Display of Power. The idea will be unique, but my strategy is to collect all the items on one end, carry them to another and eventually move to ALL four corners collecting and pushing as much as FF can to show a TRUE display of power (but not destruction).

So to sum up all the events and my default setups:
Obstacle Course: Regular Plow
Bot Ball: Half Circle Plow
Gauntlet: Regular Plow
Gross Display of Power: Reflector Shield Plow
Final Battle: Depends

I'm working on Josh's bot now, but this is my stuff. Good luck to all!

Approved
Note: Maximum of 3 configurations. If you want all three plows, you can't run a gonfiguration without one.

Note 2: Ok, fixed.

succotash_54

Fantasy Fury

Post by succotash_54 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:47 pm

I haven't had a great deal of time to design new bots, so let's go with a familiar face.

Bot: Diamond Jim

Choice of one-piece hinged wedge flap or two hinged-wedge flaps.

Armor: 7
Speed: 7
Torque: 8

Approved

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Fantasy Fury

Post by NWOWWE » Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:12 pm

Well, here goes nothing...

Bot: Revolver Ocelot

Speed: 6
Armor: 5
Torque: 2
Weapon: 9

Control: 4
Stability: 4
Agility: 2

An undercutter that could work as an overcutter if inverted.

Approved
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

Siphai

Fantasy Fury

Post by Siphai » Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:55 pm

Team Targeted:

Snow Storm

2 different setups:

-Cowcatcher plow to defend against spinners and to more easily plow through the gauntlet
-Hinged wedge setup to defend against wedged robots

The plow and the wedge are removable, so I assume that I could start a match without either one to make it easier on manueverability. The middle spike on the back is also removable so that I can control the balls in that particular challenge.

The kicker here is that as opposed to the usual tank-style drive that most robots use, this robot has car steering to drive more precisely at the cost of having a wider turning circle. I figure this will give me the upperhand on the obstacle course and the bot ball challenges.

Speed: 8
Torque: 9

Approved

Ry_Trapp0

Fantasy Fury

Post by Ry_Trapp0 » Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:23 am

Dissociative Identity

3 configs:
top left, it is equipped with a pretty damn epic drum, the whole section being hinged(like 'unlimited limits'). it will be used for the GDoP and possibly the Final Battle(pending on who im facing).

right, it is equipped with the pretty damn cool linear actuated V-plow. this will be used for Bot Ball(capture the balls in the big gaping open center), Gauntlet, and possibly the Final Battle.
(also note the lame and useless 'cutaway' at the bottom)

mid left, is its nekid form, no attachment. this config is for The Obstacle Course.

Speed: 7
Torque: 4
Weapon: 6

i figured that some ground clearance might be good for certain aspects of this competition(obstacle course/gauntlet), and the hinged/actuated weapons would allow for some low ground clearance bot battling action too. i cant see the ground clearance hurting me too bad, since, if a bot does get under me, i should be able to drive off of them no problem(shouldn't bottom out on them). i also figured that 2 wheels would be bad news in this too.

Approved

MadBull

Fantasy Fury

Post by MadBull » Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:03 am

Pressurizer, with 2 wheels powered like the ring of a ring spinner, which allows them to be hollow and to have a part of the crushing claws run straight through them, which in turn allows the bot to be more compact. The scoop is slightly higher than the wheels and the entire robot is 100% invertible. The main weapon is a set of horizontal hydraulic crushing claws.

ARMOUR: 6
SPEED: 7
TORQUE: 1
WEAPON: 8

AGILITY: 3
CONTROL: 4
STABILITY: 3

Approved