ARC: Vexed!

Hiicantpk

Post by Hiicantpk » Tue Dec 27, 2016 8:59 pm

(Insert Fancy Banner here?)

This is Vexed!
If the name didn't give it away or you are unfamiliar with the Vex Robotics Competition/FIRST robotics, this will be a 2v2 Lightweight tournament based off the VEX/FIRST tournament style.
<hr />

Overview

1) This will be a 2v2 tournament. Each match consists of 4 bots in the arena with 2 bots per team. This isn't tag team like CBC, but a full 3 minutes of 2v2 action.

2) Each person can enter a maximum of 2 robots in the Lightweight division. The maximum number of robots in this tournament will be 20.

3) Signups will open on Monday, the 9th of January, 2017 and close whenever we reach 24 robots. The first round of the seeding matches will begin the week after the Swiss rounds end in Robot Bastards 2

4) Results, RP Threads and the Fight Card will be posted on Sunday Nights or Monday Mornings, and all RPs for each week will be due at 11:59:59 AM each SATURDAY Eastern time (whatever time it is in Toronto if you want to use a converter). That is mid day on Saturday, earlier than most other tournament's deadlines.

I'm planning to write all the matches for this, but if you want to write for this let me know.
<hr />

Organisation

1) There are no conferences or groups. (In official VEX tournaments there are conferences but that is due to the sheer number of entries for some tournaments)

2) Each match will be between four random bots, and there will be 5 fights each week. It is possible that someone who enters two bots may end up with one on each team or both on the same team.

3) There will be 5 fights each week, every bot will fight in these first five weeks.

4) After these 5 weeks are up, Bots will be ranked based off their five matches based off wins, points scored and the point score of the opponent teams from their matches.

5) The top 4 robots will then choose an alliance of 3 bots total (including themselves) to proceed into a single-elimination Bo3 match against the other top 4 seeded alliances.

6) The winner of both Bo3 Eliminator matches will be crowned victorious.
<hr />

Arena

There will be only one arena for this tournament. It is based off the ABC Battlebots arena with a few adjustments.

(Apologies for paint, I'm not an artist)

Each team starts in their coloured squares. There are OOTA zones behind two of the squares (They're equal in size, im just bad at drawing) and Pulverizers (8 damage each) behind the other squares. There are also two sets of killsaws (6 dmg) closer to the middle of the arena, two sets of screws on each side (like the ones that Scorpios? got stuck on in ABC Battlebots S2), and two sets of spike strips along the top and bottom walls. For the sake of consistency in writing, the walls of the box are 3 feet tall around the OOTA zones, meaning its going to take a decently strong flipper to get the opponent OOTA. No 1-power flipper shenanigans OOTAing someone.
<hr />

Match Format

1) Each match will last 3 minutes. If both robots on a team are knocked out before 3 minutes are up, the match will end early. If the match reaches this 3 minute limit, it will go to a judge's decision.

2) For matches in the Eliminator stage of the tournament, additional rules apply.

A) All three bots of the alliance will fight in at least one match.
B) No one robot can fight in all three matches of the best of three.
C) Due to the above rule, the same two robots can not fight in back to back fights (Bot A and Bot B can fight in match 1, but for match 2 one of A and B has to swap for C. For a third match, whoever was swapped out for the second will fight along side C in the match)

3) For the first 5 weeks, the RP thread will be made by the tournament admin (me) to allow for easy formatting.

4) During the Eliminator stage, each alliance captain will be required to message the tournament admin (me) with the two bots that will be participating in each fight. The RP thread will then be made. If an alliance does not inform the tournament admin about who will be fighting in the match, the tourmament admin will decide for them.
<hr />

Alliance Selection

1) After the 5 seeding matches are complete, the top 4 seeded robots will pick an alliance of 3 bots total.

2) This alliance selection will occur during the week between the seeding matches and the start of the eliminators.

3) The top seed is allowed to pick any other bot for an alliance (including other bots in the top 4). If the #1 seed picks the #3 seed for an allliance and #3 accepts, They become an alliance and the #4 seed is bumped to #3 and 5 to 4, etc.

4) A bot can decline an alliance invitation once. It cannot be picked for another alliance after it declines however. This means if a bot outside the top 4 declines an alliance offer, it likely will not be able to participate in the eliminators.

5) The top seed selects first, followed by 2, then 3, then 4. After that, the order reverses, and the #4 seed picks the third bot for their alliance. Then #3, #2 and #1. There will be a total of 12 bots participating in the eliminators.
<hr />

Rules

Vexed&#33; will be running the standard ARC ruleset with some fairly important modifications.
This tournament will also be adding the CBC ruleset regarding Smart-thwack robots as well as Flame weapon damage and Saw/drill damage. More info here (Scroll down to "Stat System")

Banned robots
Flying robots
Hovercrafts ( :( )
Melty FBS robots (This seriously needs to stop being a thing)

Each bot will be given 30 points to be spread between the 5 categories. Robots using walking mechanisms will not get any bonus points to use, but will be considered 1.5* heavier than an wheeled robot.
-Speed
-Traction
-Torque
-Weapon Power
-Armor
<hr />

Role Play Rules

1) You'll be expected to follow proper role-play etiquette. You are absolutely not allowed to directly reference your opponent
".. if Kody is removing OOTAs, I'm flying to Canada for the sole purpose of taking a shit down his chimney. :v: " - GF93

Team 57

patrickrowberry

Post by patrickrowberry » Wed Dec 28, 2016 2:55 am

plain as butter ( a 180 degree lifter) a scoop lifter that is a very good pushing robot

http://scorpion1m.deviantart.com/art/pl ... -653700765

8-Speed
6-Traction
3-Torque
5-Weapon Power
8-Armor

blue: http://scorpion1m.deviantart.com/art/bl ... 1477777613

(cad version by wolf)
https://images.discordapp.net/.eJwtyMEN ... 3Pr0ySVaUY

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... 204136.png

a single bar tracked robot with magnets in the tracks like bite force and back weighted so it will never fall on its face

speed 8
traction 6
toque 2
weapon 8
armour 6
Last edited by patrickrowberry on Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Monsterworks
Team: The Monsterworks

Post by The Monsterworks » Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:20 pm

<big><big>Firebrand</big></big>

10 Speed
9 Traction
4 Torque
0 Weapon
7 Armour (+3 front plow)

The hinged thwack tail and mounting can be removed, and an alternate fully invertible wedge configuration is coming soon. Otherwise, you know what this thing is about.

For my second robot, I'll go to the opposite extreme:

Double the Rainbow, double the PP3D, double the fun. It's...

<big><big>Double Rainbow&#33;</big></big>

Fully invertible 2WD dual horizontal spinner with interchangeable bar and disc setups. The weapons are run off of a single motor mounted in the middle of the robot. I took a page out of ICEwave's book in colouring the ends of the blades a deep matte gray to match the arena floor. I'm still not entirely sure about the stats, but we'll see. Any opinions on what would be best?

Speed: 3 / Traction: 2 / Torque: 1 / Weapon: 16 (+1 dual discs) / Armour: 8
Mastodon... Extinction (HW)
Osiris... Armageddon! (MW)
Elrathia... ROBOTS (LW)
Magnolia Pico... Ruination 4 (MW)
RipTide... ROBOT2 (FW)
Black Diamond... Cherry Bomb Classic 3 (HW)
MADSCIENCE... ROBOTS 3 (LW)
Abyss... ROBOTS 3 (MW)

The Monsterworks: 214-57 (.790) ...Probably up to no good.
Cherry Bomb Classic IV: 25-4
Finishing Move: 6-2
Magnolia Pico: 6-1
Magnolia Grande: 6-1
Glacier III: 7-0
ROBOTS 3: 21-6
Sixpounder: 3-4
MADSCIENCE: 9-1 Champion!
Abyss: 9-1 Champion!

Badnik96

Post by Badnik96 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 3:01 am

Team Ignition

Pyrite
The FRR Backlash champion returns to hunt for more wins. 2WD overhead thwack which can run inverted and all that jazz.

Speed: 8
Weapon: 0
Armor: 12
Traction: 7
Torque: 3

Mach Tornado
4WD ring spinner. The three weapon teeth are each at a different height, so the entire height of the robot is covered. It's fully invertible.

Speed: 4
Weapon: 15
Armor: 8
Traction: 2
Torque: 1
Last edited by Badnik96 on Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Post by Venice Queen » Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:33 pm

Shrapnel Cannon:

Speed: 3
Traction: 3
Armor: 8

ugh everyone and their mother are entering fast wedges, so that plan is ruined. have plan b&#33; as with all my other shell spinners, Kiwi drive (3WD omni) allows for the widest possible wheelbase. 2 shells; wide teeth for more reach, many teeth for grinding/triggo emulation :V

Banebdjedet:

Banebdjedet

Speed: 5
Armor: 6

2WD drum. fully invertable, drum can be spun both ways. Separate wheels on the top in bottom, though they're run off the same motor... Gonna move this down to Lightweight since I haven't entered it in anything that's actually happened yet anyway
Last edited by Venice Queen on Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
‽ ROBOTICS
CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//Nick's Fuzzy Rules -- -- Hobbyweight//Bot-o-Rama//Buzzkill -- -- Arbitraryweight//D12//Listen Here, Grandad, This Is America, Everyone Here Eats Ass

Bots that I think are better than my actual champions: Chimera // Venice Queen // Cuddle Time!

V900? Wheres V1-899 ~NickyDustyOwl
fridge ~ V900

Wasn't Ted Bundy physically attractive though? ~Superbomb122
get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Post by NWOWWE » Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:45 am

terry.wad

Basic 2WD drumbot. Fully invertable and what not. Watch out for ear rape&#33;

Speed: 5
Traction: 4
Armor: 6
Weapon: 14

Antivenom

Extremely low and well armoured, with a solid drive train, a fast turret, and a decent flipper for match control, the armour bonus, self-righting, and even OOTA potential, this is a dedicated spinner killer. If launched upward or wedged, it has floating wheels that should maintain contact with the ground. If outmaneuvered, those same wheels are also omniwheels, allowing it to strafe to the side. Finally, since both the flipper (which is part of the turret assembly) and the turret have five weapon points and their own weapon armour bonuses, along with a +1 dedicated to the flipper, Antivenom's flipper has a grant total of fourteen armour. That should be enough to tank just about any deathspinner that tries to make a meal of it.

Speed: 7
Traction: 5
Torque: 2
Weapon: 7 (5 and 5)
Armor: 9 (+1 to Flipper)

Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

winternimbus
Team: Team Foxtrot Uniform

Post by winternimbus » Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:02 pm

>new thread

Dammit, I have to join now&#33; Oh well, can put my new LW to the test now.

--

Arcade Queen

<small>clamp and lifter raised</small>

Speed: 7
Traction: 6
Weapon: 4 (3/3 split between the clamp and lifter)
Armor: 10 (+1 to front pontoons/wedges)

Back after a nigh abysmal run in R.O.B.O.T.S, the queen of the arcades, Arcade Queen, returns&#33; Same lowdown clamp and lifter as before, but with a facelift. The back wedge is hinged, and rounded for defense against spinners. The yellow wedgelets, and the front pontoons are on a 15-degree limiter downwards, and she can, with 100% confidence this time, self-right.

The lifting forks and the clamping arm can operate independently.

--

Yellow Plague

Speed: 6
Traction: 4
Weapon: 12
Armor: 7

Mean ol' drumbot with a hinged front wedge, side skirts, and back wedges. Can run inverted, and both the front and back wedges can be ran inverted, so either way you flip the coin, you're gonna get wedged, son.
Last edited by winternimbus on Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
winter! she/they pronouns, trans rights babey!

ROBOT FIGHT NIGHT: MINI
Break Dash - 1-1
Neophyte Redglare - 1-1

Neophyte Redglare - Robot Fight Night: Season 1 Quarter-Finals, Cherry Bomb Classic 3 Quarter-Finals
America Offline - Robot Fight Night: Season 1 Quarter-Finals

"I'm curious what tactical advantage you're hoping to gain by sacrificing a portion of your bots size/weight for a deployable banana"
-NWOWWE, 2017

Wolf51-50

Post by Wolf51-50 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:38 pm

Alpha Robotics chiming in

White Lighting

I'm not really motivated or inspired to build anything new at the moment, so here's White Lightning.

2WD box with a flipping arm and ALL OF THE SPEED. Although the flipper is low powered, it has an 80
Last edited by Wolf51-50 on Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alpha Robotics - Embrace the carnage!

Recent Tournaments:

ROBOT2
FW: Apocalyptic Peacekeeper (2-3)
LW: Backstab 3 (3-3) [Lifetime 11-8]
MW: Outrage 2 (4-1) [Lifetime 6-3]
HW: Tulta Munille (3-2)

Ruination: The Upheavel
LW: White Lightning (1-6) [Lifetime 4-8]
MW: Diablo Genesis (5-3) [Lifetime 10-5]
HW: Coup de Grâce (2-5) [Lifetime 13-9]
SHW: Fenrir (6-2) [Lifetime 7-3]

Reckoning: The Revival
MW: Vovoka (4-1) [Lifetime 10-3]

tune in next time on ARC when I one-up Boto by posting my vast collection of Thomas The Tank Engine hentai on the Discord :V -HFL

Madman
Team: Tartarus Robotics Group

Post by Madman » Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:30 am

<big>Entry One:</big>

<big><big><big>SAVAGE</big></big></big>

360 hammer bot, with an interchangeable 360 lifter setup yet to be rendered. Think of it as a bastard love child of Howler II and Bass Drop, born in the remote jungles of Borneo. Savage is designed to be tough to get a grip on, annoyingly fast, and hard-hitting. Long story short, if you step up, you're gonna get banged in.

Provisional stats: 7 speed / 5 traction / 2 torque / 12 weapon / 4 armour

Album link is the title.

Plow configuration:

Fuck you Pooky, and especially fuck you Noothgrush&#33;

Anti-spinner stats: 7 speed / 5 traction / 2 torque / 5 weapon / 11 armour (+7 plow) - further pics in the album.

<big>Entry Two:</big>

<big><big><big>Wild Child</big></big></big>

spot taken by fuckin' Noothgrush.
Tartarus Robotics Group: Infinitely wise and merciful since 2016
(don't ask about before that)

Black Dog ||| Hellhound V ||| Blood Eagle ||| Santangelo ||| Hellhound VII ||| Hoarfrost

Mechanized Mayhem: 0-0
Heavyweight: Danger Zone (0-0)
CBC4: 26-5
Featherweight: Black Dog III (6-2)
Lightweight: Blood Eagle (7-1)
Middleweight: Hoarfrost (9-0) CHAMPION!
Heavyweight: Santangelo (5-2)
Current Roster: 183-40 (.821)
Black Dog (ROBOTS - MW*, ROBOTS3 - FW, CBC4 - FW): 26-5
Blood Eagle (CBC3 - LW*, CBC4 - LW): 15-2
Danger Zone (Mechanized Mayhem - HW): 0-0
Detroit Iron (ICEcrown - SHW): 6-2
Hellcat (Thunder Underground - MW): 2-0
Hellhound (R: Extinction - HW, Pressure Drop - HW, RB2 - HW, ROBOTS - HW, New Blood - HW*, ROBOTS 3 - HW*, Thunder Underground - HW): 46-11
Hoarfrost (RB2 - MW, Armageddon! - MW, Ruination 4 - LW, Thunder Underground - LW, CBC4 - MW*): 23-5
Krakatoa (Robo-Con - LW, Ruination 4 - SHW, Thunder Underground - LW): 11-2
Meanstreak (RB2 - LW, Ruination 4 - HW): 10-3
Santangelo (CBC3 - SHW*, CBC4 - HW): 13-3
Sundancer (Ruination 4 - MW, R: Revival - MW, REDDIT - HW, R: Evolution - FW): 21-4
Talons Out (ROBOTS - FW): 10-3
Thundercaller (Vexed!): 1-0
Yet to Fight
Hadean, Intimidator, Kurosaki-kun, Midnight Sun, Neon Rampage
Retired
Eye of Newt, Morality, Savage, Tiger, Vicious, Wild Child
ARC Hall of Fame
Hellhound - #1
Black Dog - #2
Blood Eagle - #11
Sundancer - #24
Hoarfrost - #49

Botomatic1000
Team: Team Riptide: Advanced Robot Combat

Post by Botomatic1000 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:58 pm

Time for Team Fox to enter some bots for losing :^).
Swamp Gator
Weapon: 0
Armour:12
Speed: 8
Traction: 7
Designed specifically to face Full body spinners, Thwackbots and Horizontals, its gonna drag you under the water
Pooky The Lawnmower
Weapon: 17
Armour: 6
Speed: 3
Our flagship LW and one of the companies favourites with its multiple brushless motor powered huge bar of pure Kinetic Energy&#33;
"The moment you think you'll crash, you will" - Tony Pond
Team Captain of the IRL team, Kings Heath Colliders Robotics and Team Riptide: Advanced Robot Combat
Accolades
The New Blood: Joint 3rd with Raccoon XL
ROBOTS 3: Featherweight Quarter-Finalist with HardWired III
ROBOTS 3: Middleweight Quarter-Finalist with Der Adder
ROBOTS 3: Heavyweight Semi-Finalist with Night Jackal III
Cherry Bomb Classic 4: Featherweight Semi-Finalist with I Can't Believe It's Not Tanto
Cherry Bomb Classic 4: Heavyweight Semi-Finalist and Annihilator joint winner with Xtreme pneumatiX
Rumble In Da Jungle: Event Champion with Avanti!
ROBOTS 4: Featherweight Semi-Finalist with I Can't Believe It's Not Tanto
ROBOTS 4: Lightweight Semi-Finalist with Avanti!

British-Robotics

Post by British-Robotics » Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:11 pm

LW-Acelerar

http://imgur.com/2fQEPAx

My first of the two entrants is the nippy fella that's Acelerar, it's a speedy machine that can push and flip and even run inverted. the wheels on the back of the robot help it get back the right way up.

Stats: 8 speed / 7 traction / 3 torque / 2 weapon / 10 armour

LW - Shuriken

http://imgur.com/a/WpZbJ

Shuriken is a LW robot that has three interchangeable blades. The main blade is for damaging, the second is for throwing and the third is for defense. It may not be the fastest but it relies on survival. The front wedge is hinged with goes up to 15 degrees limited arc. The robot can run inverted.

Speed: 5 / Trac: 5 / Weapon: 13 / Torque: 1 / Armour: 6
Last edited by British-Robotics on Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Killjoy

Post by Killjoy » Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:44 am

Last second ninja entry&#33;

<big><big><big>Noothgrush</big></big></big>

But that Noothgrush on my toothbrush... well, some are friendly, some are not.

It's named after a character in the Dr. Seuss book There's a Wocket in my Pocket. Dr. Seuss was a genius and a madman. So, the robot's a bristlebot melty. Yes, this is completely viable. By making each individual bristle-pad face a slightly different direction, this thing will move in a circle, and it'll move quickly. By varying the motor inputs...blah blah blah. It's also for the lols, so be gentle&#33;

<small>Under your rules, Noothgrush would be considered a lightweight, right? I'll beef up the motors, slap on some extra armour (I have a bit of weight to spare), and enter it.</small>

16 speed / 2 traction / 1 torque / 0 weapon / 11 armour
hi. :)