The Snake Pit

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

The Snake Pit

Post by NWOWWE » Fri Jul 15, 2016 12:21 pm

The recent <del>snake</del> snek craze catch your eye? Well have we got the tournament for you&#33; Build your best snek and you'll have a chance to win strange prizes you didn't know you wanted but now desperately need&#33;

Full rules and structure will become finalized when we know how many entrants we'll have. Also, be sure to post what kind of prize you'll be offering up. Doesn't have to be anything too crazy. Fun stuff specific to the area you live is a plus&#33;

Confirmed prizes so far:

Monsterworks/Kodebreaker: Authentic Canadian Milk Packets (in your choice of regular, chocolate or strawberry) and Milk Packet Jug&#33;

NWOWWE: One 2 lbs. box of Good Potato chips.
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

The Monsterworks
Team: The Monsterworks

The Snake Pit

Post by The Monsterworks » Fri Jul 15, 2016 12:27 pm

Oh <big>FUCK. YES.</big> I was born for this&#33; Obviously I'll be entering Euphoberia Ferox and wagering some Canadian bagged milk in your choice of regular, chocolate, or strawberry.

Superheavyweight: Euphoberia Ferox

I'd like to present the progenitor of all ARC sneks, built by The Monsterworks and ready to fight in the Superheavyweight division. Introducing Euphoberia Ferox

Yes, it's a slithering robot, in the same vein as the famous 'Snake' built by Mark Setrakian seventeen years ago. However, slithering technology has come a long way since then. Here are some videos for proof of concept:

One

Two

So, with that cleared up, I'd like to talk about the weapons modules for this serpentine terror. First up, and pictured, are the crushing jaws. The two small teeth at the front are purely ornamental and can easily be removed for fights. The large tooth in the center of the jaw is what bites into enemy machines. While it looks small compared to the robot, keep in mind that this is a superheavyweight that operates under walker+ rules. The tooth is over eight inches long and can sink deep into its victims. It also crushes with a force of 16 weapon power, meaning that it will kill anything that it grabs in a single bite. Second is the bulb spinner, which still needs to be rendered and will be added later on. It also strikes with 16 weapon power, and its recoil is dissipated through Euphoberia's 20 segments, resulting in very little to no knockback.

Coiling, Pressing, and Attacking

Snakes coil, as shown in one of the pictures if you scroll down. Incidentally, by sidewinding, Euphoberia is also able to strafe. However, this robot doesn't need to be particularly fast. For the sake of movement, its entire body is actuated. That means that the flat plate on its tail can be both pressed against the ground and used as a powerful lifter, making it inadvisable to attack. Any segment can also be pressed, so attacking the body will not result in getting beneath it. If you're fortunate, you may get beneath the spines of one segment. Even if you do, Euphoberia has you right where it wants you. Its primary attacking strategy involves coiling around attacking robots, trapping them in its spiny embrace, and bringing its crusher to bear. Its speed across the arena floor has absolutely no bearing on its effectiveness in this regard.

Defense

As previously mentioned, any segment, being actuated, can naturally press, and the head, with the jaws, can swivel. Flipping a robot so large, heavy, and awkward is nearly impossible, especially, since segments can just lift themselves up. In the event that Euphoberia is somehow flipped, it can fairly easily roll itself over. In the event of an OOTA, it should be able to rear up and climb back in unless there is a significant drop involved.

Additionally, one might think to attack the joints between segments. This is definitely a potential weakness. That's why the spikes exist. Rammers will only ride up the lower spikes and impale themselves on the middle spikes should they attempt a high speed run at Euphoberia. The segments can articulate to block incoming axe blows with their spikes, and spinners will be promptly coiled around and smothered.

Stats

So how do you stat a monstrosity like this? You play to its strengths and protect its weaknesses. So the stats look like this:

Speed: 4 &#124; Weapon: 16 &#124; Armour: 13 &#124; Traction: 2 &#124; Torque: 1
Mastodon... Extinction (HW)
Osiris... Armageddon! (MW)
Elrathia... ROBOTS (LW)
Magnolia Pico... Ruination 4 (MW)
RipTide... ROBOT2 (FW)
Black Diamond... Cherry Bomb Classic 3 (HW)
MADSCIENCE... ROBOTS 3 (LW)
Abyss... ROBOTS 3 (MW)

The Monsterworks: 214-57 (.790) ...Probably up to no good.
Cherry Bomb Classic IV: 25-4
Finishing Move: 6-2
Magnolia Pico: 6-1
Magnolia Grande: 6-1
Glacier III: 7-0
ROBOTS 3: 21-6
Sixpounder: 3-4
MADSCIENCE: 9-1 Champion!
Abyss: 9-1 Champion!

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

The Snake Pit

Post by NWOWWE » Fri Jul 15, 2016 12:28 pm

Reserved

Coming Soon: Graboid
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

The Snake Pit

Post by That Kode Guy » Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:04 pm

Hikage 2

Stats to be added
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

patrickrowberry

The Snake Pit

Post by patrickrowberry » Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:19 pm

ok i will enter something made a cardboard

Badnik96

The Snake Pit

Post by Badnik96 » Sat Jul 16, 2016 5:19 am

go snek

i'd be willing to offer some old parts from FireArrow (this is subject to change)
Last edited by Badnik96 on Sat Jul 16, 2016 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ

MadBull

The Snake Pit

Post by MadBull » Sun Jul 17, 2016 3:44 pm

so

I find myself missing out on some tournaments recently

I will not miss out on this&#33;

Wolf51-50

The Snake Pit

Post by Wolf51-50 » Mon Sep 05, 2016 4:07 pm

Fuck it I'll join the snake bandwagon. Reserved for now
Last edited by Wolf51-50 on Mon Sep 05, 2016 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alpha Robotics - Embrace the carnage!

Recent Tournaments:

ROBOT2
FW: Apocalyptic Peacekeeper (2-3)
LW: Backstab 3 (3-3) [Lifetime 11-8]
MW: Outrage 2 (4-1) [Lifetime 6-3]
HW: Tulta Munille (3-2)

Ruination: The Upheavel
LW: White Lightning (1-6) [Lifetime 4-8]
MW: Diablo Genesis (5-3) [Lifetime 10-5]
HW: Coup de Grâce (2-5) [Lifetime 13-9]
SHW: Fenrir (6-2) [Lifetime 7-3]

Reckoning: The Revival
MW: Vovoka (4-1) [Lifetime 10-3]

tune in next time on ARC when I one-up Boto by posting my vast collection of Thomas The Tank Engine hentai on the Discord :V -HFL

Deleted User

The Snake Pit

Post by Deleted User » Fri Sep 16, 2016 5:20 pm

Here is my snake. http://asbestosstar.com/sneks/ Can you tell me what other info i need to give you?