ARC: Backlash Signups

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Post by NWOWWE » Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:55 am

ARC: Backlash

Yes sir, another season is right around the corner. That means its time for you to prepare your team of bots for competition. As before we will be looking for an even number of entrants and the deadline for entering is set for the first week of August (deadline extension MIGHT be granted under extreme circumstances, but don't count on it, so make sure you get in before then). Also, we will be using the same format as last time, so you know the drill). Below you will find the rules (which are basically unchainged, any confusion or questions can probably be solved by contacting a staff member). Good luck everybody!

1. Everyone enters 4 bots, one from each weight class (LW, MW, HW, SHW) and assigns them stats using the old point system (more details on that later for those that need a refresher course).

2. The battles will take place in a Round Robin style (as opposed to the traditional tournament style) in which each bot will face every other bot once with playoffs afterward to determine the champion of each weight class.

3. No double entering the competition (that means no smurf accounts or anything like that).

4. You
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

Kiazi

Post by Kiazi » Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:29 pm

Name: Smack Happier

Class: Lightweight

Mobility: 4-Wheel Drive

Armor: The main chassis of the robot is surrounded by a thick outer layer of armor which contains no vital parts. This serves as an impact or

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Post by That Kode Guy » Sat Jul 14, 2007 1:59 pm

Meh, I'll go with the team I put in SIREC.

Anti-Virus (LW)

A 4WD Bad Attitude-style rammer with a front skirt attached to the wedge, and side spikes.

NOTE: Yes, I know the side spikes look crappy, but that's only because Rhino3D wouldn't open for some reason when I tried to add them to the original CAD. So I took MSPaint and...yeah, you know the rest. :P

Speed: 7
Torque: 10
Weapon: 0
Armor: 5

----

Solstice (MW)

FBS with blades all over. Ignore the wheels up top; they're only for FRA tournaments as you guys don't accept invertible FBSs. :P

EDIT BY MINION: Just so you know we do accept invertable FBSs. We just call them ring spinners. The ring has the armor of the weapon stat and the chassis on top obviously has the armor of the armor stat. You can change you stats if you'd like, but they look perfect to me.

EDIT BY KODEBREAKER: Really? Okay then, changing the sum...

New summary: Invertible ring spinner with blades all over.

Speed: 4
Torque: 1
Weapon: 12

----

Wedginator 5.0 (HW)

Tetrahedral wedge with skirts. Has front-hinged flipper mainly used for pushing opponents over or away.

Torque: 8
Weapon: 1
Armour: 6

----

Red Flag (SHW)

Can't really describe well; look at the picture. Has a giant vertical between the front spiked wedges. Skirts at the sides and rear prevent flippin's.

Speed: 2
Torque: 4
Weapon: 11

----

Hope that's okay. My first ARC tournament. I'm shaking with excitement. XD
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

StarlessSoldier

Post by StarlessSoldier » Fri Jul 20, 2007 4:49 pm

Team Omegaforce

LW - Sovereign
For those that haven't seen it, fast little overhead thwack with a bearing supported wedge pressed onto the drive axels ala Toe Crusher. Same dimensions as before, but the wedge is a little longer and lower. The frame is now a tube steel cage design, with a rigid truss assembly for the hammer. Has the same tires, but new thicker axels and beadlock rims. Wedge can be locked down same as before.

MW - JAKT
All new design, same wheelbase as before. This version has an undercutting blade (spins CCW as seen from above). Retains the rear plow from before, and uses the same wheels. The new frame is the same tube cage design as the others. Active Heli-gyros stabilize the bot while the blade is spinning. Ball transfers on top allow the bot to run inverted as a slant spinner.

HW - Dark Star
All new heavyweight design. Large wheelbase with a long tube cage chassis. The weapon is a 34" blade with 6 tool steel teeth. Twin weapon motors put out a total of 18 horsepower at 3100 RPM. Has the same motors and wheels as JAKT. The rear omni wheel is mounted perpendicular to the front wheels and powered by a small motor. It allows the bot to glide forward and backward with no drag, and activates when hard turning to increase turning speed and move the axis of rotation forward. The front drive components are mounted on a variable geometry suspension system. The spring/hydraulic dampers bottom out before the blade can hit the ground, and absorb most of the weapon recoil. The front plows pull double duty protecting the wheels and funneling opponents into the blade.

SHW - Copperhead
Mostly the same as before. What's the same: 48 horsepower, 8 dual wheels, integrated V-Plow and wheel guards. What's new: Tube steel cage reenforcements, rear dual hinged spikes, new "fang" design, improved side armor/rebalancers. The rear spike assemblies can have locking pins inserted to make them static ramming spikes. The fangs can now be replaced with a pair of flush blocks to fill in the holes.

succotash_54

Post by succotash_54 » Sun Jul 22, 2007 1:28 am

Team: Animal Cruelty

LIGHTWEIGHT

Name: Dandelioness
Armor: 3
Speed: 13
Weapon: 2
Description: Y-Drive thwackbot, with sharp triangular teeth, to cut into opponents, so Matt won't have to strain his brain to figure out how he got cut up. Now lower to the ground and stats are fixed to actually work right this time. All teeth ARE the same size, it's just very hard to draw accurately in MSPaint. Bear with me, people.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MIDDLEWEIGHT

Name: Black Belt

Armor: 4
Speed: 6
Torque: 2
Weapon: 10
Description: New design for me. Whodathunk I'd actually come up with something new? Invertible chainsaw bot, chainsaw can be run both clockwise and counterclockwise. Spikes by chainsaw are flat wedging spikes, not conic spikes. Side spikes are conic, though, to keep bot off its side. Wedge facing on both front and back with hinged side anti-wedge skirts. Rear comes with a SRiMech that has wedge forks used for both pushing off ground and wedging under opponents. Forks are made of the same kind of tubing like metal that Wedge Of Doom used in 5.0, and Diesector used in his jaw extensions when he toppled Final Destiny. Attachable fork extensions can be used (as shown in middle shot) to give extra length wedging. Despite its uncanny resemblance to a lifter, it's REALLY intended to be a SRiMech. SRiMech can move 140 degrees, and is actuated, not pneumatic. Did I mention that it's a SRiMech?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HEAVYWEIGHT

Name: Diamond Jim
Armor: 6
Speed: 8
Torque: 8
Description: Comes with choices of wedge set up AND weapon arm. Wedge 1 is the classic singular hinged wedge from last season. Wedge setup 2 consists of two smaller that are independent of each other. Arm 1 is the four-spiked setup from last season, that can thwack or hammer from above. Bottom nub is waxed before each usage to reduce friction. Arm 2 is an Overkill-like webbed knife-weapon for hammering overhead or spinner killing. Both arms hooked into drivetrain, and can be locked down before a fight if deemed necessary.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SUPERHEAVYWEIGHT

Name: Sand Crab
Armor: 8
Speed: 5
Weapon: 5
Description: The original treadbot is back, though modified slightly. Arms turn full circle, and plow rotates on arms. Hinged wedges on either side of bot.

Area51Escapee

Post by Area51Escapee » Sun Jul 22, 2007 10:25 pm

LW- Foreigner

2-wheeled lifter with rotating arm that can also serve as a thwackbot.

Weapon: 3
Speed: 9

MW- Taurus

4-wheeled flipper with surrounding wedges (not hinged).

Torque: 3
Weapon: 7

HW- Wrath of Draco

Cambered wheeled bot with rotating head that has clamping claws and hammering axes. Self-righting capability and has hinged wegdes on front and ram on the back.

Weapon: 8 (Axes - 6, Claws - 1, Turret - 1)

SHW- Phobia

Hammerbot with rams on bot sides of chassis.

Weapon: 6

Bruiser

Post by Bruiser » Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:26 pm

chris told john that I could join.

Name: Extreme Hatred Jr. (EHJ)

Class: Lightweight

Mobility: Two-Wheel Drive

Armor: The entire robot is covered in armor

Primary Weapon: A rod that can rotate 360 degrees mounted in between the two chassis which rotate in between two front barrel hinged slotted edge wedges. These wedges have slots in the bottom edge to allow me to get under low opponents. They are usually free but they can be locked into place. The rod has a hammer/lifter weapon attached that lies within the front two wedges. Only the lip of the lifter extends further than the wedges. Also the arm is a little higher than the incline of the wedge, at first, which create a block against speedy robots that would just fly over me.

Secondary Weapon: Two separately hinged plows on the back and 4 spikes attached at the front and at the tires. These spikes can come in handy as a thwacking weapon and as a defense. They can be removed if I feel it to be necessary. Also, if I remove the spikes from the wheels, I can attach wheel guards.

Invertibility: Completely invertible and the front wedge work either way. However, EHJ can invert himself using his rotating arm.

Other: Fast and furious

Minion33088

Post by Minion33088 » Mon Jul 30, 2007 12:38 pm

Team AC/DC

Lightweight: Space Cowboy
Formerly known as Rough Rider, this bot has been upgraded with hinged wedges all around. Invertible.
Torque: 6

Middleweight: AMP
This newest incarnation of AMP features a brand new, more compact chassis, stronger spinning bar, and 11 to 16 inches of reach from the outside edge of the chassis to the tip of the bar. The rear of the bot also has a ram-plate incase the spinner should go out.
Weapon: 13

Heavyweight: Some Kind of Monster
The same basic design as before but the front end has been reworked to help take out those pesky lifters. The plow infront of the drum is removable and the drum teeth nearly scrape the ground, so go ahead and jam your wedge in there... Two hinged wedges on the front aid in getting under the opponent and sending him flying.
Torque: 2
Weapon: 10
Armor: 4

SHW: JOLT
So good last year, I didn't touch it. JOLT is complete with a big ass spinning bar and omni drive for amazing maneuverability. May be able to self right, but either way it'll probably look cool trying.
Speed: 4
Weapon: 14

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Post by NWOWWE » Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:55 pm

Team Blood Gulch

LW: Zombie Killer
The current champ returns to defend his title, nothing to change here really. Still a fully invertable hindged-wedge that works the same upside-down, and still has the spike setup on the back.

MW: Rooster Teeth
Again, no real changes here, still has the long-reaching teeth and self-righting pole.
Weapon: 11

HW: The Arbiter
Arbiter underwent some emergancy surgery and returns with a lower sleeker design. He's surrounded by wedges and has his flipper is now lower.
Weapon: 6

SHW: Mack the Knife
A vertical spinner bot with the top teeth rotating downward and the lower teeth rotating upward. They are in an alternating pattern so that they don't hit eachother, and yes they are on the same motor.
Weapon: 9
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

Viper

Post by Viper » Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:57 am

Team Viper Robotix

LW- Rampant

Weapon: 3

Yeah, its the flipper with the dumb shape.

MW- Pandemic II

Armor: 7

The one time champ is back

HW- Catalyst

If I'm not mistaken the rule is that Speed is how fast I can spin and weapon is my Y-Drive, if this is not correct I would ask for an edit.

Torque: 7
Weapon: 2
Armor: 7

Catalyst the weird design with the wedges spinning and strange things like that, this time with more follow through with a higher torque than speed.

SHW- Plague

Speed: 3
Weapon: 8
Armor: 11

Plague is known as a tank, it keeps on working with it's 11 armor, it's a little slow but it packs a punch and keeps that punch going as long as anyone

Siphai

Post by Siphai » Sat Aug 04, 2007 6:03 am

Team Targeted

Lightweight -
The Windmill
Weapon: 12

Invertible robot with a spinning blade at the front, with hinged wedges surrounding the wheels.

Middleweight -
Return of Feedback

Invertible robot with interchangable weaponry. The first setup is a giant ramplate meant to slam into spinners and slow them down. The second is a hinged wedge, the same as off of Eurypterus.

Heavyweight -
Snijder
Weapon: 13

Invertible robot with a giant spinning disc. Hinged wedges surround the wheels.

SuperHeavyweight -
Eurypterus Evolved
Torque: 5

Current SuperHeavyweight champ has returned. No changes to the design, but this time the torque in his drive has been beefed up a little bit. Still interchangable, with his plow design and his hinged wedge design.