Mech Mash: Season 1 - Signups

NFX

Post by NFX » Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:26 pm

Just what everybody needs, another tournament!

Welcome to the inaugural season of Mech Mash, a tournament that isn't all about fighting. The machines will instead be subjected to a series of trials and challenges designed to test every aspect of their capabilities, where if they succeed, they will be deemed worthy enough to beat the living daylights out of each other.

<big>THE FORMAT</big>

Mech Mash is an experimental tournament without RP's, and without strategies in the traditional sense, and the field will be restricted to the Heavyweight division for this first tournament. Each entrant may enter up to a maximum of two robots, and each robot must have the following:

> Robot Name
> CAD/Image of Robot
> Description
> A maximum of 25 stat points distributed across five categories: Speed, Manoeuvrability, Traction, Weapon Power and Armour.

Each robot may have up to three interchangeable setups, but the stats of your robot will be fixed, i.e. they will not change across the setups.

Hovercrafts, flying robots and clusterbots are prohibited from this tournament. Wheeled and tracked robots are legal, along with shufflebots and walking robots, though they receive no extra stat points.

There are no bonus modifiers available, as the outcome of each event is determined randomly, but not arbitrarily. The more stat points that are invested in a particular category, however, the more likely you are to perform well in an event in which that category is important.

There will be three qualifying heats of six robots each, making a total of eighteen slots available for entries. Two robots will advance from each heat to the final heat, from which one robot will become champion, along with the presenting of bonus awards for Best Design, Best Engineered, Most Original Entry, and the Soccer Cup.

<big>THE ARENA</big>

This is the Mech Mash Arena, a 50-foot by 50-foot truncated square surrounded by protective lexan walls to keep the spectators and roboteers on the outside and the violence on the inside. And just in case the robots aren't capable enough of dishing out the damage, we also have the vicious killsaws, the deadly pneumatic spikes, and everybody's favourite - the fearsome pulverizers.

And that's not all, because not only will they have to deal with the hazards, the opposition, and the challenges that are thrown at them, they also have to contend with the might and ferocity of the Mech Mash house robot - Drakina.

<big>EVENTS</big>

Each heat is set out in the same fashion. There will be three trials where the robots have to score as many points as possible in each discipline in order to progress. To help them along, all the hazards in the arena will be disabled for these events, but that may not be enough, as at the end of the three trials, the two robots with the fewest points scored will be eliminated from the competition.

Blockade

Each robot begins at the start of the route, and they are given one minute to force their way past a succession of ever more difficult obstacles. The first path contains paint cans, house bricks, wooden crates and breeze blocks, before the robots meet Drakina in the central area. Once they have gotten past her, they then have to get through oil barrels, car tyres, steel box section, and finally a trio of railway sleepers before reaching the end of the route. One point is awarded for each obstacle the robot can successfully overcome, plus a bonus point for making it all the way to the end of the run, making a total of 10 points available for this event.

Labyrinth

Each robot is placed at one end of the maze, and is given three minutes to cross to the other side as many times as possible. If the robot makes it to the center square, where Drakina lies in wait, they are awarded one point, and if they are able to make it all the way to the other side, they are awarded a second point. When they reach the other side of the maze, they must turn around and make their way back again, continuing to collect points for reaching the center square or for a complete crossing. There are a total of 10 points available for this event.

Demolition

Each robot is faced with ten wooden crates, and is given one minute to break as many of them as possible, all while avoiding the roaming Drakina, who is really only there to make like much more difficult for the competitors. For each broken crate, a robot is awarded one point, and there are a total of 10 points available for this event.

Soccer

Running alongside the main tournament will be the Soccer tournament, where two pairs of robots each compete in a three-minute match, where the winning team is the one that scores the most goals. Obviously. If there is a tie after the three minutes are up, we go to Sudden Death, where the next goal wins the game. Drakina is also on hand to break up any fights, or - if the match is a particularly dull affair - to start them.

Battle

The guardrails are removed, the hazards are turned back on, and the four remaining robots are left to do battle in two one-on-one matches. Even Drakina has been removed from the arena. Each match will last for a maximum of three minutes, and the last robot standing wins. If both robots are still moving at the end of the three minutes, a Judges' Decision will be made. The two winning robots at the end of each qualifying heat will proceed to the final heat, and the two winning robots at the end of the final heat will fight in one last match to determine the champion of Mech Mash Season 1.

And that's the tournament&#33; Something more relaxed and fun, which is why it will not be counting towards the CFL rankings.

Signups are now CLOSED.
Last edited by NFX on Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

Braveheart / Crash Blossom / Depth Charge / Broken Ghost / Murder Death Unit / Agent X

RoBattle
Override - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 3 pts
MiDAS - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 0 pts

it was a gigantic masturbation of polygons :v - That Kode Guy

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Post by That Kode Guy » Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:48 pm

TEAM COVENANT

Tellu

4WD axe/flipper hybrid. Has removeable front wedge (lead ballasts are put in the front to weight-compensate) in case I want/need more reach. Flipper/axe is very powerful and can end matches decisively. Plow is hinged on the exact same axle as the front wedge, near the front wheels. Can comfortably self-right.

Speed - 4
Manoeuvrability - 4
Traction - 4
Weapon - 7
Armour - 6

----

Pallas

Horizontal crusher. Two pairs of claws, kind of. It's really one pair. :v: Anyway, the bottom set can get under things rather well, and attack wheels, while the top pair can crush into side panels and other tasty bits. 2WD.

Speed - 5
Manoeuvrability - 4
Traction - 4
Weapon - 5
Armour - 7
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Post by NWOWWE » Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:18 pm

Team Blood Gulch

Redemption Denied:

2WD and a big pneumatic flipping plate a la 40' with wedges wrapped around to the sides for maximum coverage. Side skirts on the wheel pods in case he needs extra buffering against spinners and stuff and, you know, it makes it harder to get under him.

Speed: 6
Weapon: 5
Armor: 6
Traction: 4
Maneuverability: 4

Captain Flowers

Based mostly off of Long Shot, it's a pretty straightforward 2WD hammerbot with an optional front plow attachment should it need to push any large spherical objects. It has a small metal roller ball near the front to help reduce friction when turning and such. It's kind of like an omni-wheel, but it's not an actual wheel. There is chassis dip in front of the hammer so it CAN actually swing forward (it's just not darker colored like it is behind the hammer because laziness :P )

Speed: 5
Weapon: 7
Armor: 5

Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by GF93 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:21 pm

i am compete
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

Badnik96

Post by Badnik96 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:24 pm

TEAM IGNITION

Zero Tolerance

A tracked machine with two vertical drums on the back, each powered by their own motor, and a fully-invertible hinged wedge at the back. Tracks are made of rubber-coated titanium, so good luck cutting through them easily.

It also has a wide plow attachment which replaces the wedgefor spinner battles and the soccer tournament.
<div class='spoiler_toggle'>Soccer Attachment</div><div class="spoiler" style="display:none;">Image</div>

Speed: 5
Armor: 4
Maneuverability: 5

LashCoil
4WD with the dual jaws (which act independently of each other) and a rear plow which is removable (When the plow is removed, internal ballast is added in its place to make up for the weight). LashCoil's rear two wheels are direct-driven by its two drive motors, while the front wheels are chain-driven from the same two motors. This allows WhipCoil to have full drive function, even when its front two wheels are removed from the ground. 100% invertible.

Weapon: 3
Maneuverability: 6
Last edited by Badnik96 on Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ

British-Robotics

Post by British-Robotics » Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:53 am

Here's my entries for this tournament.

Solstice

Speed - 5
Manoeuvrability - 4
Traction - 4
Weapon - 6
Armour - 6

Solstice has six sawblades at the back as defensive weapon whislt the shovel in front is the attacking weapon and is also hinged, it's a 4WD robot and can run inverted. The bottom left shows an interchanable weapon only used for the Soccer, they're both lexan plates in order to get posession of the ball.

BEES

Post by BEES » Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:38 pm

edit - unmeep
Last edited by BEES on Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NFX

Post by NFX » Fri Jun 19, 2015 5:42 pm

Team Mongoose
"The Colour of Awesome"

Jambi

2WD invertible green machine with a spinning disc on one end and a diverging plow on the other. Optional polycarbonate extension panels for the soccer side tournament.

Spd: 5
Man: 4
Tra: 3
Wep: 8
Arm: 5

MiDAS

6WD machine with a nice big electric axe flanked by a pair of lifting arms that operate as one. Side skirts to deter opponents, can be removed and the lifters swapped for a nice big front scoop.

Spd: 5
Man: 4
Tra: 5
Wep: 5
Arm: 6
Last edited by NFX on Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

Braveheart / Crash Blossom / Depth Charge / Broken Ghost / Murder Death Unit / Agent X

RoBattle
Override - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 3 pts
MiDAS - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 0 pts

it was a gigantic masturbation of polygons :v - That Kode Guy

prince palatine

Post by prince palatine » Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:23 am

Reserved for Team D.E.A.D

Mystic2000
Team: Myst Inc

Post by Mystic2000 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:14 am

Reserved for Team Obscure

Countdown to Entropy:

Yes, that's an Invertible hammer, with a front plow to shove stuff around and it uses that axe to kill the things, has rounded sides not to get fucked like ZK in Reckoning

Speed - 5
Manoeuvrability - 4
Traction - 3
Weapon - 7
Armour - 6

Pathos 4:

Last edited by Mystic2000 on Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MadBull

Post by MadBull » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:16 am

MEGA MENCE

Picture may be finetuned later, done in a hurry.

FUCK YOU DRAKINA, THIS IS MY SHOW NOW&#33; For all the shit you've given Rotom-Mow, I will crush you between my ludicrously big horizontal crushing wings. And if you'd ever think of flipping me, I will first retract my self righting tail to move it underneath my inverted body, to then activate that thing to right myself. Rawr.

Speed - 4
Manoeuvrability - 4
Traction - 3
Weapon - 10
Armour - 4
Last edited by MadBull on Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DrummerBrian95

Post by DrummerBrian95 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:40 pm

<big>NEON KNIGHTS ROBOTICS&#33;</big>

ENTRY: Ragnarok

Ragnarok's strongest feat is its speed and pushing power. It has a plow built in to the front to help with soccer, and has the maneuverability to perform well in the other areas of the tournament. It also has a deadly axe that comes into play when it's pushing other bots around the arena.

Weapon: 5

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Post by Venice Queen » Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:34 pm

So Morthwyl is not nearly as good as my new Axebot, which just so happens to be a Heavyweight. MC hammer is really Morthwyl 2.0 anyways. same color scheme and everything :P

Hinged side skirts, hinged front plow, big axe to hurt my opponents. wheels exposed at the front and back allow me to easily traverse over and around debries, and get off of wedges
For soccer, side skirts are removed and herding bars are added. Side skirts removed to make sure the ball cant easily get stuck under the robot

Maneuverability: 5
Traction: 3
Armor: 5

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

OK I made Flammenwerfer far better, mostly because the wedges actually work upside down. 3 hinged wedgelets, pinning spikes, flamethrower. 6 WD on high-traction rubber wheels, exposed for maximum maneuverability, sticking out on the back to get off of wedges easily. backup wedge on the other end. both have limited arcs to prevent weird folding under the robot

Used when fighting spinners and for Blockade:
Single strong hinged wedge in the front (for vertical spinners/ as a backup plan), giant hinged plow in the back. polycarb wheel guards. Front wedge does not work upside down, but has no corners to catch on. flamethrower is hidden but theoretically still works shape of front wedge should allow debries to just pass over the robot. rear plow can be used snowplow style if that strategy fails

Used for soccer:

Keeps the Original Sin wedgelets in the front, but puts some herding bars in the back

Speed: 7
Maneuverability: 6
Traction: 5
Weapon: 1
Last edited by Venice Queen on Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
‽ ROBOTICS
CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//Nick's Fuzzy Rules -- -- Hobbyweight//Bot-o-Rama//Buzzkill -- -- Arbitraryweight//D12//Listen Here, Grandad, This Is America, Everyone Here Eats Ass

Bots that I think are better than my actual champions: Chimera // Venice Queen // Cuddle Time!

V900? Wheres V1-899 ~NickyDustyOwl
fridge ~ V900

Wasn't Ted Bundy physically attractive though? ~Superbomb122
get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

Cha0sFerret

Post by Cha0sFerret » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:10 pm

If there's still a spot open, I'd like to join in :)

Metal Burst

Pneumatically-operated drum. The drum spins up very quickly, but only stays spinning for a few seconds. Thus, the turning problems that plague vertical spinners don't affect Metal Burst until it goes to attack. 2WD, invertible, and ready to put on a show&#33;

Drum can be removed for the soccer event. Yep, going into soccer with 17 stat points :v:

Stats:
-Speed: 5
-Maneuverability: 5
-Traction: 2
-Weapon: 8
-Armor: 5

Stonebreaker

I made a Terrorhurtz clone.

It has <del>THOUSAND</del> 2 wheels.

Stats:
-Speed: 6
-Maneuverability: 5
-Traction: 3
-Weapon: 6
-Armor: 5
Last edited by Cha0sFerret on Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
poopity scoop

Hiicantpk

Post by Hiicantpk » Sat Nov 21, 2015 2:18 am

Never mind. Gonna focus on Bot-O-Rama and Backlash.
Last edited by Hiicantpk on Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
".. if Kody is removing OOTAs, I'm flying to Canada for the sole purpose of taking a shit down his chimney. :v: " - GF93

Team 57