ARC: Redemption Sign-ups

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Post by NWOWWE » Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:14 pm

ARC: Redemption

Time once again for a new season of ARC RP'ing. That means its time for you to prepare your team of bots for competition. As before we will be looking for an even number of entrants and the deadline for entering is set for the first week of April (deadline extension MIGHT be granted under extreme circumstances, but don't count on it, so make sure you get in before then). Also, we will be using the same format as last time, so be ready for the weekly commitment). Below you will find the rules (which are basically unchainged, any confusion or questions can probably be solved by contacting a staff member). Good luck everybody!

1. Everyone enters 4 bots, one from each weight class (LW, MW, HW, SHW) and assigns them stats using the old point system (more details on that later for those that need a refresher course).

2. The battles will take place in a Round Robin style (as opposed to the traditional tournament style) in which each bot will face every other bot once with playoffs afterward to determine the champion of each weight class.

3. No double entering the competition (that means no smurf accounts or anything like that).

4. You
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

Kiazi

Post by Kiazi » Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:15 pm

Name: Smack Happier

Class: Lightweight

Description:

Mobility: Two wheeled robot with the wheels hidden below the armor.

Primary Weapon(s): Smack Happier

Fish Of Doom

Post by Fish Of Doom » Wed Mar 14, 2007 6:05 pm

Ah Tone!

Team Hunga

LW: Underall
Speed:8 Torque:7 Weapon:0 Armor:7
Two wheeled bot with wedge tail and front interchangable hinged wedges.

MW: My Hands Are Abandoned Factories Manufacturing Heartbreak And Hate For The World
Speed:6 Torque:3 Weapon:7 Armor: 6
Two wheeled bot with scoop front andsides and an axe/flipper.

HW: Ladies And Gentlemen, This Is The Death Composition
Speed:7 Torque:3 Weapon:5 Armor:7
Four wheeled bot with a pneumatic extending flipper and a thick outer layer of armor similar to my old HW, Fridge. Invertible and can self right.

SHW: Adreniton
Speed:3 Torque:1 Weapon:13 Armor:5
A low bot with a massive spinning shell with three large blades. Can self right.

Toxic

Post by Toxic » Wed Mar 14, 2007 6:24 pm

Team Toxic

LW: Silver Phantom
Speed:3 Torque:2 Weapon:12 Armor:5
Low to the ground spinner with claws to grab,slash and throw the opponent.

MW:Tiki Dude
Speed:7 Torque:8 Weapon:0 Armor:7
Its low profiled wedge with rear spikes.Invertable.

HW:Enigma 23
Speed:5 Torque:3 Weapon:10 Armor:4
Horizontal Bar Spinner.Wedges in back.Invertable.

SHW:Power Bar
Speed:5 Torque:2 Weapon:13 Armor:2
Just like Enigma 23,its a low profile bar spinner,but more compact.Invertable,too.

Also,special thanks to Gemini and Siphai for making these cads since I'm a loser and can't draw to save my life.

Area51Escapee

Post by Area51Escapee » Wed Mar 14, 2007 11:27 pm

LW - Celestial Slayer
2-wheeled bot with front plow and vertical spinning bar. Back antennas are meant for absorbing damage from spinners. Is invertible and the antennas are removable.

Speed: 5
Torque: 2
Weapon: 9
Armor: 6

MW - Barrier
4-wheeled bot with hinged wedge surrounding chassis and lifting forks. Invertible.

Speed: 8
Torque: 3
Weapon: 3
Armor: 8

HW - Striker
4-wheeled speed demon with two front wedges (on over top the other) and treads on the back for versatile attacks.

Speed: 10
Weapon: 6
Armor: 4

SHW - Phobia
4-wheeled hammerbot with a front wedge and back plow. Hammers fire one at a time.

Speed: 7
Torque: 3

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Post by NWOWWE » Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:37 pm

Team Blood Gulch

LW: Zombie Killer
Hinged wedged bot with wheel guards, and works the same inverted.
Torque: 6
Weapon: 0

MW: Rooster Teeth
The power spinner is back with reinforced teeth and a better self-righting pole.
Weapon: 12
Armor: 3

HW: The Arbiter
A wedged hydraulic flipper that can self-right.
Armor: 7

SHW: Predator
A fully invertable drum bot.
Weapon: 11
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

BEES

Post by BEES » Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:06 pm

Team Yellow Alert

Lightweight:
Exotherm
The new version basically has front wedges over the wheels and similar speed and armor. I dropped the hydraulic system for a stronger flywheel that can't articulate, but it is on an arm that rotates about 10 degrees up, 10 degrees down, so when inverted, it will simply adjust so the wheels make contact with the floor. The long wedge at the back is meant to be ablative, to absorb big hits from other high-power weapons, and to get under opponents. Invertible.

Weapon - 9
Speed - 6
Armor - 4
Torque - 3

Middleweight:
Influenza
This will actually be the old version. I lost the new model (not really sure how), so this is all I've got, and a few even older versions. Sucks :(. A three-pronged spinning blade on one plane, about 2.4 inches off the floor, lem130 powered. 8 wheels underneath, C40 - astroflight powered. All motors in the top hull, most of the infrastructure in the bottom, wheels and batteries, other electronics. Uninvertible. Same old same old.

Weapon - 11
Torque - 5
Armor - 3
Speed - 3

Heavyweight:
Probot
Probot is a puncher that uses a large Overkill-ish rail of tool steel to drive through opponent's armor. It's designed with an emphasis on getting under wedges and disrupting their shape, creating a 'warp' that allows me to get under at will. It's also meant to be a spinner-killer, firing into kinetic energy weapons and breaking them. Invertible.

Weapon - 8
Torque - 6
Armor - 4
Speed - 4

Superheavyweight:
Manta
This is the walker I was talking about. It's also a Ziggy-style flipper. It's weakly invertible (can move upside-down, but the weapons and wedges don't work), and can get in a better position to self-right.

To give you an idea of the speed and efficiency of the walking mechanism, here are some animations of it. It actually turns twice as fast, I kinda underestimated that. For all practical purposes, it moves like a shuffler, but it has much better pushing power because it actually generates traction.
This last diagram shows how it moves: the legs balloon out in one direction, and compress in another, so that they're only pushing against the floor one way, allowing motion. These are driven by linear motors in an AC current, that rapidly fire forward and back without the need for complex computer control. Each set of actuators only works on one direction, so there's a mirror image of them on the back end of the robot for reverse motion. It has tank-style steering, and just generally better motility than traditional-style walkers like Gammatron and Pressure Drop.

The real feature though is its powerful lifting force and lowness.
Weapon - 9
Speed - 5
Armor - 4
Torque - 4

Siphai

Post by Siphai » Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:09 pm

Lightweight:

Feedback
Wedge at the back, spinner at the front. Standard stuff. Invertible.

Speed: 4
Weapon: 13
Torque: 1

Middleweight:

Scorpion Bite
Wedges on the sides, spinner at the back. Invertible.

Speed: 3
Weapon: 14

Heavyweight:

Tank Mk4
Invertible, hinged wedges all around. If anyone needs an improved picture of how the wedges are hinged, then I'll make it. While I'm on the subject though, I would like to know how Underall's wedges have been able to be hinged, and Tank's haven't.

Speed: 10
Torque: 4

Superheavyweight:

Eurypterus Evolved
Invertible. Took a page out of Copperhead's book this time =P

Speed: 9
Armor: 9

succotash_54

Post by succotash_54 » Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:54 am

Team: Animal Cruelty

LIGHTWEIGHT

Name: Dandelioness
Speed: 13
Weapon: 2
Description: Y-Drive thwackbot, with a spiral arrays of semi-circular discs, to cut into opponents. Now lower to the ground and stats are fixed to actually work right this time.

MIDDLEWEIGHT

Name: Warper

Torque: 5
Weapon: 4
Description: Now with 40% more DIJ rip-off goodness!! Gone is the circular wedge, now has four spring loaded plow-like wedges that scrape the ground. Still can't self-right, but is bottom-heavy as ever, and more difficult to tip over now. Vertical cutting discs run on the same motor.

HEAVYWEIGHT

Name: Diamond Jim
Torque: 8
Description: MUCH improved version of Diamond Jim. Spikes instead of axe to cut down on air resistance. Spike on top of weapon instead of hammer. Arm connected directly to axle (like Sovereign had), and can be locked down if deemed necessary. Trough in middle to give arm room to swing, hinged wege on front. Bottom nub on weapon-head is waxed before each fight to reduce the drag created.

SUPERHEAVYWEIGHT

Name: Sand Crab
Speed: 3
Torque: 6
Weapon: 5
Description: The original treadbot is back. Arms turn full circle, and plow rotates on arms. Hinged wedges on either side of bot.

Minion33088

Post by Minion33088 » Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:30 pm

I dunno if I need to, but I'm reserving a spot. I can hopefully get my bot pictures finalized by Sunday night. I got a big Physics test tomorrow and a birthday party Sunday, but I should have plenty of time in between. :-)

i think i got my cat preg

Post by i think i got my cat preg » Sun Apr 01, 2007 2:37 pm

misogyny technology

LIGHTWEIGHT G

Minion33088

Post by Minion33088 » Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:21 pm

Team AC/DC

Lightweight

Double Dose
Same bot, just upgraded with larger spinning mass, larger "Strike zone", and lithium batteries. Same awesome limited rotation double-hinged rear wedge and still invertable.
Weapon: 10

Middleweight

AMP
The champ is back, still relatively the same, but with a new hinged wedge on front and a new cage for etek.
Weapon: 13

Heavyweight

Road Rage
The Super Heavyweight lightens up and turns Heavyweight! New design with pneumatic flipper and awesome limited rotation double-hinged wedge in rear. Can self-right.
Weapon: 5

Super Heavyweight

JOLT
A Super Heavyweight version of AMP, JOLT is complete with a big ass spinning bar and omni drive for amazing maneuverability. May be able to self right, but either way it'll probably look cool trying.
Speed: 4
Weapon: 14