FRR: No Mercy - Sign-ups

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Post by NWOWWE » Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:31 pm

The 6th edition of FRR is here! It will be contested in the ARC Arena and under the standard ARC rules.

The full set of rules can be found on the main site under the Tournaments section. For the record, though, flying and hovercraft robots are banned.

SIGN-UP INFORMATION

Everyone enters 4 bots, one from each weight class (LW, MW, HW, SHW) and assigns them stats using the point system.

- The battles will take place in a Round Robin style (as opposed to the traditional tournament style) in which each bot will face every other bot once with playoffs afterward to determine the champion of each weight class.

- No double entering the competition (that means no smurf accounts or anything like that).

STAFF RULES

- The founder(s) of the tournament and the writing staff for a tournament are obligated to check ALL entries in the competition before the season begins, to avoid stat and design discrepancies mid-way through the season.

ROLE PLAY RULES

In these leagues, we have always made it a priority to focus on both aspects of robotic combat: the design and the driver. It has been said before that a good driver with a poor robot can beat a bad driver with a great robot the majority of the time and I, personally agree with that notion. This is why it is important to know the proper way to strategize and win a battle against a formidable opponent. First let
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Post by That Kode Guy » Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:32 pm

TEAM ZLAYERZ

Lightweight
Airazor

Airazor here is a 2WD Lightweight crusher, name inspired by the Maximal of the same name in Beast Wars. Anyway, she has a crushing beak flanked by two chamfered wedge lifters similar to Warhead's curved ones. These function almost the exact same as Warhead's; they act simultaneously at all times, they give Airazor stability, they can help self-right her, and they can actually get under opposing wedges and stave them away, and also keep bots held in conjunction with the beak. The crushing beak can exert 750kg of force at the ram and 150kg of force at the tip. There are some awesome hinged wedges at the rear too, because I know you all love those. The 2WD is at the rear of the machine, near the hinged wedges. Thanks to the weapon armour rule and the armour bonus given to the front silver wedge, Airazor has 10 armour in those places and is practically indestructible.

The feathers are there for decoration and are removed for every battle. :P Like Toro's bull horns.

Speed: 7
Torque: 3
Traction: 5
Armour: 8 (+2 front wedge)
Weapon: 5

----

Middleweight
Mimete

Scoop set-up: http://imageshack.com/a/img191/3804/6v3f.png

2WD X-shaped robot with front wedges, rear inverted wedges, and on each wedge is a tool-steel thwacking spike so Mimete can sit'n'spin thwack. A nice 360-degree serrated lifter is the only active weapon. Very low to the ground. Serrated lifter set-up is completely invertible. Now features a trapezoidal scoop (slightly heavier than the previous lifter, though removing the tool-steel thwacking spikes to make the weight the same) set-up to deal with those pesky spinners.

Speed: 8
Traction: 7
Armour: 7
Weapon: 3

----

Heavyweight
Mass Hypnosis

Basic Surgeon General clone with the disc styled like Hypno-Disc's. Range isn't too bad. Great ground clearance for driving over things. Runs inverted as an undercutter.

Speed: 5
Torque: 1
Traction: 3
Armour: 5
Weapon: 14

----

Superheavyweight
Fulcrum (II)

Fulcrum returns all the way from ARC: Reckoning to become Team Zlayerz' first 4-bar flipper! Has 3D side arrows prevent him being stranded, and a rounded rear for easier self-righting. Not bothering to show the internals this time, or the flipper raised. Has two front set-ups; an extra wedgy set-up, and a scoopy set-up. Both set-ups are pretty god damn heavy, though the wedgy set-up is there primarily for leverage purposes. The scoop is there for dealing with spinners. Has 4-wheel-drive.

Speed: 6
Torque: 2
Weapon: 10
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Post by NWOWWE » Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:33 pm

Team Blood Gulch

LW: Dr. Robotnik
The fearsome LW undercutter from Team Blood Gulch! He can use either set-up and can work as an overcutter when inverted.

Traction: 4
Armor: 5
Weapon: 13

MW: Sarge
The former MW champion is back in action. He's still a low to the ground lifter with a spike-lined anti-spinner plow in the back. He has the trapping hooks on the lifter to prevent bots from driving over him and works the same when inverted.

Traction: 6
Armor: 8
Weapon: 4

HW: Truth or Consequences
It's everyone's favorite HW Flipper! He's still a 6-wheeled powerhouse with a wicked flipper arm. The front wedges and flippers have been redesigned for better leverage against other wedges and improved utility against spinners.

SHW: Final Boss
He's back! He's reverted back to a flipper (as in his original incarnation) and retains his hinged skirting, even adding skirting along the back! Still low to the ground, he can move while inverted and self-right with the flipper.

Armor: 7

Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by GF93 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:46 pm

Ice Cubed Robotics
"Literally cold-blooded killers."

LW- War Bastard
He's back! Following on from its success in FRR Dead Zone, War Bastard returns completely rebuilt since then. It now has two discs rather than one this time, though it can be set to have one in either height depending on opponents. These are lined with Tornedron-style teeth designed for carving into opponents and wrenching off whole plates, and driven by the same internal power source so that it counts as a single weapon system.

It runs on a lower, more compact and harder-to-hit chassis, which includes better adaptability against lifters with drive that extends out the back, whilst still maintaining a good level of traction and precision in attacking compared to other designs of its type. New in design but still as deadly as ever, War Bastard's out to do some damage.

Speed- 5
Traction- 5
Torque- 1
Armour- 5
Weapon- 12 (Twin Horizontal Spinning Discs with armour-removing teeth.)

Note- Can run inverted. Chassis has interlocking steering, to prevent it from having to reverse its controls when flipped. Can use configurations of either two discs or one set at either undercutter/overcutter height- and because they run off the same motor, they bypass the multiple weapon rule.

MW- Jackal
ICR's latest Middleweight bruiser is a machine built with adaptability in mind. It's armed with a pair of Sewer Snake-like weapons that run off the same mechanism, which allows them to have the same degree of power as each other without being affected by the Multiple Weapon Rule.

Its primary weapon is a Marauder-like front Lifting Plate, designed with sloped sides and the lowest possible profile to allow it great wedgeability, and is adaptable as well- it can be replaced by a thick armoured scoop for fighting spinners, have special hooked wedge pegs on it to trap opponents if necessary, and is bi-rotational, enabling it to work with no loss of function when upside-down.
Its secondary weapon is a wide Flipper Bar on the top, designed predominantly to turn opponents over when they drive onto the top. However, it also functions effectively as a Hammer, or a Clamp when used with the Plate. It's very slightly lower than the wheels as well so they don't affect its invertability, but the Bar also self-rights the robot as and when needed.

Further protected by thick armour, an invertible chassis with the usual interlocking steering to prevent the need for reversing the controls when flipped, foam-filled tyres for minimal killsaw damage, reversible hinged skirts and a thick scoop on the back as a backup weapon against spinners, it's a rough-and-ready design that's capable of both giving and receiving tremendous punishment on the battlefield.

Speed- 7
Traction- 7
Torque- 3
Armour- 7
Weapon- 4 (Bi-rotational Lifting Wedge with removable Pegs, and top-mounted Bar that functions as a Flipper/Hammer/Clamp.)

Notes- Completely Invertible. Has interlocking steering that removes the need for it to reverse its controls when flipped, and can also self-right using the top bar when necessary. The Primary and Secondary Weapons are run off the same mechanism (As demonstrated here by Luzifer.), enabling them to bypass the Multiple Weapon Rule.

Is named and themed after the MWMIK 'Jackal' armoured vehicle, currently in service with the British Army.

HW- Dreadnought Mk 2
The FRR Dead Zone MW Bronze Medallist returns as a new machine, built with the best bits of both its predecessor, and its little brother Conqueror. Most obvious difference to note first, it's a Heavyweight now- this allowed me to upgrade it in several ways.

In terms of its external appearance, it now features a sleeker and more aerodynamic Conqueror-like chassis. It's got a wider and lower sharpened wedge for effectively getting under opponents, angled plating to deflect blows, and is protected by thick and highly resilient armour, as well as a layer of polycarbonate under the Flipper to help foil sneaky crushers and axes. The protection even extends to its wheels- I made sure to equip it with special foam-filled tyres as well for additional killsaw resilience. Lian, watch out!

The real difference however, is in how it performs. New, more powerful motors and the aforementioned foam-filled tyres give it superb Speed and Agility and in particular has much better Traction- granting it essentially-unmatched Manoeuvrability and Acceleration for a machine of its type.
In terms of weaponry, it's also done away with the gimmicks of a rear Spike or fancy Suspension, and instead focussed on the Flipper- not only is it bigger, the plumbing has been completely refined so that it's at least twice as powerful as the old one, fires up much faster, and it's good for self-righting, too. Quick and powerful as can be- Dreadnought Mk 2 returns meaner, tougher, and set to reassert its original dominance once more.

Speed- 7
Traction- 7
Torque- 2
Armour- 8
Weapon- 4 (Front-hinged Pneumatic Flipper powered by low pressure CO2 gas)

Notes- Runs on two-wheel drive, and can quickly self-right using its flipper. The flipper runs on low pressure, ala M2 and Ripper- this gives it similar power to a conventional high pressure system, but lasts much longer. Named after HMS Dreadnought, the United Kingdom's first Nuclear-powered Submarine.

SHW- Rufus Stone
Built like a Panzer and theoretically powerful enough to crash through a house, this brutal rammer is certainly not one to be messed with.
As Ice Cubed Robotics
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

playzooki

Post by playzooki » Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:47 pm

LW: Certificate To Hurt People
An electric lifter with all around hinged skirting. Its invertible. The wheels are supposed to be straight, and dont stick out the top so much.
Arm 8
Wep 2
Spd 7
Tra 7
Tor 4
MW: March or Die 2.0

The whole front panel is a pneumatic front hinged flipper. 2WD, near the back, so the front has a lot of wedginess. Hinged side skirts.
Arm:8
Wep:3
Spd:7
Tra:7
Tor:3

HW: Murder Is Fun!
A steve out spinner with anti zk syndrome sides. Is an undercutter right way up, overcutter over way up.
Arm:5
Wep:13
Spd:5
Tra:4
Tor:1
SHW: Corrupted Politician 2
This is Corrupted Politician 2. He abuses tax, so he can get filthy stinking rich. Pneumatic 4 bar flipper, with removable anti wedging block. He also has hinged skirts. He can self right with the flipper. There is nothing under the front of the lifter, for more wedginess. Also, hes invertible so it can move away and self right. Or ram into things if the flipper breaks. also i derped with the skirt colour.
Arm:8 (+1 to front of lifter)
Wep:3
Spd:7
Tra:7
Tor:3
Last edited by playzooki on Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Badnik96

Post by Badnik96 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:06 pm

Team Ignition
(Big thanks to NFX for rendering Smoke & Mirrors and Malevolence III :D)

LW: Smoke & Mirrors
They're back and better than ever! Dual 4WD clusterbots, with Underall wedges on one end and a hinged ABR-style scoop on the other. Smoke is the grey one, and Mirrors is the silver one. Each one works just the same inverted and has hinged skirts on either side.

Weapon: N/A
Armor: 8 (+1 to the front scoop)

MW: The No Patrol II
After just barely missing the playoffs in Ruination, he's back for another shot at the Nut. 4WD ring spinner, with a Warrior SKF-styled kinetic flipper powered by the ring in front (the mechanism stores tension created by the ring, so the more tension stored, the more powerful the flip). The wedge is attached on both the top and bottom of the robot, so even if you take out those two bits holding the wedge, the whole front won't be torn off.

Weapon: 14 (-2 for dual weaponry, so both the spinner and the flipper have 12 power)
Armor: 5 (+1 front wedge)

HW: Malevolence III
Inspired by Max's RA2 bot Overbyte, Malevolence III features a monstrously low spinning shell and four steel undercutting teeth that spin at sonic speeds. Also has removable anti-hammer teeth inspired by Tornedron, because that seemed to work well for him. Looking for another semi-final finish, or maybe even better.

Armor: 4

SHW: Phantasmic Slammer

Back again and still hunting for its first title. It's still a 4-bar pneumatic flipper (Ziggy-style) with an ABR-style scoop on the front and removable hinged wedge forks for getting under other wedges. Slammer finally has some form of side/rear skirtage, and it can self-right with the flipper.

Torque: 4
Last edited by Badnik96 on Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ

V900
Team: End of the Line LLC

Post by V900 » Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:23 pm

Team Inertia

LW- "What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I've been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I'm the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You're fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that's just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little "clever" comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You're fucking dead, kiddo."

...which can be shortened to "Guerilla", if need be.
2WD Interchangeable, invertible. Easily able to out-run an opponent and get to their more vulnerable parts. One is a "fuck off spinners" ramming setup, one is a SNS setup to deflect slow tanky bots, and the last one has no weapons, but less weight = faster? I think?
Speed: 9
Armor: 10
Weapon: 0

MW- Incredible Dong Adventure
2wd Side flipper, selfrights. blah blah blah i made it in 5 minutes
(edit: yellow outlines for the visually impaired)

HW- Hammer / Sickle
2x Multibot, both invertible and has omniwheel drive. The 4-way wheels system allows them to go in ANY direction at ANY given time. Each bot has 2 sides with anti-spinner weapons, and two hinged wedges
If it sounds bullshit-y than it probably is. This is really more of an experiment than anything.
Speed: 11
Traction: 0

SHW- Ultima
Panic Attack/Vlad-style 4WD lifter with ramming ability, grey bars are the srimech. Its literally the same thing as last season, but faster. Still as durable though! So it should pose more of a threat to spinners.
Last edited by V900 on Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Probably Rob

Post by Probably Rob » Sat Aug 03, 2013 5:47 pm

Lightweight: Eight

2 wheel drive. Shell spinner.

Weapon Power: 10

Notes: Eight's top is covered by bulletproof glass, the picture is Eight shown without it. Unable to self-right.

Middleweight: Odium New Hero

4 wheel drive. Horizontal drum.

Weapon Power: 8

Notes: Invertible.

LHeavyweight: Elvira 2

2 wheel drive. Swinging axe.

Armor: 6
Weapon Power: 9

Notes: Two spiked wedges on each side, were added during testing, to ensure stability. Able to self-right if axe is over the front, unable to self-right if axe is in default position (shown in picture).

Super Heavyweight: Bistre Airwaves

4 wheel drive. Launcher.

Weapon Power: 7

Notes: Launches robots vertically, horizontally. May not self-right due to being unreliable.
Last edited by Probably Rob on Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NFX

Post by NFX » Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:23 pm

Team Mongoose
"The Colour of Awesome"

LW: Jesus Built My Hotrod

Spd: 10
Tra: 8
Tor: 3
Wep: 0
Arm: 7

Returning from a reasonably successful League of Robotic Excellence run. Featuring some nice sharp spikes on the front, and a sturdy anti-spinner bar on the back. Can also lean back at quite steep angles, to ensure its wheels stay on the ground as much as possible. Totally invertible, the suspension isn't actually real. Doesn't affect the drivetrain, it just looks pretty cool, and adds to the theme of the machine. Can easily both shove its opponents around and put a few nice holes in them, as well as ding a ding dang your dang a long ling long.

MW: Freezerburn 2

Spd: 6
Tra: 3
Tor: 1
Wep: 12
Arm: 6

It's lower, it's sleeker, it's faster, it's tougher, and it's carrying a whole 20 fewer Kelvin! Featuring four wheel drive, wedges all around, a static self-righting flag on top, and a sharpened, angled spinning bar of icy death. Nice and low to the ground, to help fight wedges and the like. Utilises a hollow axle setup, so the flag remaing stationary, and the machine is able to self-right. Possibly. And an LED strip on the front, just because. Also a very clear two-tone colour scheme so I can definitely tell which way I'm pointing, and because it just looks unbelievably awesome. Look at it.

HW: MiDAS

Tra: 4
Tor: 3
Wep: 9
Arm: 6

Golden 6WD machine with an electric axe, electric lifting arms, a patented nuclear fusion drive motor (not really), hinged skirts either side to prevent flanking, and a plow on the back mounted on rubber bushings to deflect spinner attacks. Can self-right by using either the arms, axe, or sometimes both. The front end is specifically designed to fight ultra-wedgy robots, especially with the Underall style wedges. Also wheelguards to protect the wheels, hold the skirts on, and generally look awesome. I would tell you more about it, but then I would have to kill you. Now festuring a BONUS scoop setup to fight ultra-powerful spinners, which can be seen here.

SHW: Agent X

Tra: 5
Tor: 5
Wep: 4
Arm: 8 (+1 Plow)

Robot Name: Agent X
Weight: CLASSIFIED
Motivation: CLASSIFIED
Drive: CLASSIFIED
Power: CLASSIFIED
Armour: CLASSIFIED
Weaponry: 360 degree electric lifter
Speed: CLASSIFIED
Turning Circle: CLASSIFIED
Ground Clearance: CLASSIFIED
Srimech: Invertible
Strengths: CLASSIFIED
Weaknesses: CLASSIFIED
Notes: CLASSIFIED
Last edited by NFX on Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

Braveheart / Crash Blossom / Depth Charge / Broken Ghost / Murder Death Unit / Agent X

RoBattle
Override - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 3 pts
MiDAS - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 0 pts

it was a gigantic masturbation of polygons :v - That Kode Guy

prince palatine

Post by prince palatine » Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:14 am

Team Ectogasm

LW: Zadkiel

4WD uncutter that works as an overcutter when inverted. Good control and should beat it's enemies into a pulp. If not... I want my money back!

Speed: 4

MW: Merry Hampton BR 2

Re-jigged and sent to Doncaster for an extensive overhaul. Merry steams into No Mercy with it's speed and power. Next stop... PAIN! Rear fangs are removable if need be and has a heavily Armoured front and 4WD

Armour: 10 (+3 to front plow)

HW: Klarinette

Oho yes! She's back, still looking badass with the hammers and sweet antennae. The Ruination champ is out for No Mercy gold! 4WD and invertible.

Armour: 8 (+1 to front wedge)

SHW: Stabstract

Stabstract is a lethal rookie, tracked, fast and hard to push with great Armour. Hopes to take the title here. Fangs are removable if need be. Has Underall style piano wedges at the back for rear defense or as a main line of assault.

Torque: 5
Armour: 9
Last edited by prince palatine on Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

succotash_54

Post by succotash_54 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:28 pm

Testing out the new-ish (to me anyway) stat system with some established faves.

Team Animal Cruelty

LW: Rascal

Two-wheeled lifter bot. Optional fork extensions (which I HAVE done without in the past, thank you very much.

MW: Dancing Headless

Invertible treaded drumbot. Hinged wedge on rear, hinged spikes on sides. Choice of two drum sets: barred or spiked. Drums can spin either way.

Speed: 3
Weapon: 11

HW: Babaganoush

Four-wheeled flipper bot, wedge skirting all around held down with electromagnets

Weapon: 8

SW: Yellow Cloud

Remember that double wedge I had that everyone thought was lame? Yeah, it's back, modified. Still invertible. Side spikes because duh.

Torque: 5
Last edited by succotash_54 on Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Siphai

Post by Siphai » Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:54 pm

Dr. P

2 wheel drive. Invertible. Weapon is a hammer with 180 degrees of motion. The hammer head can be rotated 90 degrees, and the arm can be locked in place, so that it can also be used as a thwack. Plow attachment.

Armor: 8 (+2 plow)
Weapon: 8

http://imgur.com/E4emMh2

(Second picture to show Dr. P in 'thwack mode'.)

Square Wave

4 wheel drive. Invertible. Lifter with wedge and plow attachments. Lifting arms have 360 degrees of motion. Can self-right.

http://imgur.com/TMtP2np

(second picture to show width of the plow)

Snijmachine

4 wheel drive. Invertible. Massive spinning disc.

http://i.imgur.com/RgGtILK.png

(Second picture to show above view, showing the center of gravity more clearly.)

Parabolic Trajectory

4 wheel drive. Invertible. Large flipping arm, flanked on both sides by hinged wedges. Can self-right.

Armor: 6
Weapon: 7

BEES

Post by BEES » Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:29 pm

Team Yellow Alert

LW: Cherax

Cherax is a lifter and a clamper all in one. The big wedge arm goes all around the bot, and allows the bot to flip its main body over and over.
There are a number of creative ways I can flip opponents--grabbing them and then pulling them over for instance.
I can also pull the clamps together and push them into the floor.
I can the wedge as a counterweight to push the forks hard into the floor.
A versatile bot with a lot of potential for mischief.
Armor: 7 (+2 lifter)

MW: Stingray
ImageImageImage
Stingray has a hydraulic ramming bar that can push opponents, warp wedges, and jam spinning weapons.
The back of the bar also has a T-Wrex sort of thwacking attachment. There are forks on the front.
And as if that's not enough, there are a few different attachments I can swap in on the bar.
A flipping attachment, a simple wedging attachment, and a 'harpoon' that can get under and high-center bots to carry them around.
Armor: 7 (+2 to the bar)

HW: Parasite
And a horizontal view showing off the length of that bar. It is deceptively long!
Parasite is back and it's hungrier than ever! As always, a dependable bread-and-butter invertible horizontal spinner with a backup
wedge and forks for running inverted. Not really bothering with interchangeable bars and such. Now the only thing that changes is
that the spinning bar can be raised or lowered from either 1 mm above the floor up to ~1 inch above the floor, if the fight calls for
it. The pictures show the bar in its lowest configuration.

Weapon: 12
Armor: 4

SHW:Barracuda
Barracuda got a complete overhaul. It's still an axe but that's about all it has in common with its last incarnation.
Now it's a powerful axe and a lifter all in one, and a wheeled bot. The front plow is a lifting arm that can press into the floor
and the axe gets over all that crazy front armor everybody's rolling with.
Weapon: 11
Armor: 6 (+2 plow)
Last edited by BEES on Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Area51Escapee

Post by Area51Escapee » Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:19 pm

Team Gemini

LW - Red Zone

4-wheeled, with front lifter, 2 corner hinged wedges and hinged plow in the back. Fully invertible.

Armor: 8 (+2 Plow)
Weapon: 2

MW - Green Dragon

Re-designed to be 60% more adorable and extremely versatile in attack. 2-wheeled, fully invertible lifter/clampbot. One motor rotational lifter wedge and 2- separate wings on the side to trap bots under the wings. Also has a back tail for thwacking purposes.

HW - Striker
Armor: 6 (+1 Rear Plow)
Weapon: 10

The treads are no more! Striker has taken a note from Celestial Slayer and now has a small, yet lethal vertical spinning bar rack on the front. Striker is fully invertible. Striker has a large front hinged wedge - this wedge has an extra set of hinged spikes hinged inside the wedge itself. He also has a back spike plow intended primarily for spinners.

SHW - Solar Smash
Armor: 7 (+2 Rear Plow)
Weapon: 7

6-wheeled powerful pneumatic spike rammer. Front forks/hinged wedges and back spike plow for spinner purposes. His design is basically the same from last time, except a single spike on the ram for better piercing damage.
Last edited by Area51Escapee on Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mystic2000
Team: Myst Inc

Post by Mystic2000 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:41 am

Team Obscure
"Dark and Dangerous"

LW: Gaia Hammer

Dustpan Hammer with an axle rotation limiter built in so the hammer doesn't hit the dustpan, quite wedgy and speedy his major problem being armor

10 Weapon
5 Speed
4 Traction
4 Torque
5 Armor

MW: Lost Ring

Lost Ring is an angled spinner with two side lifting arms to self-right it, by the way the spinner can hit VERY low wedges and cause some pretty big damage overall spinning at 3000 rpm

11 Weapon
5 Speed
4 Traction
4 Torque
4 Armor

HW: Golden Blaze

Golden Blaze is a classic Tornado Mer design with a quite massive S7 tool steel blade, and in case it gets overturned, Gyroscopic effect will make it self-right the same way as the real one (for an example of this there is the Redrum vs Tornado Mer fight on youtube)

Sounds quite generic, right?

Now here is the fun part, the bot as actually acting as a Melty brain Sit-n-spinner and you guys maybe noticed the tooth at the sides of the circular chassis, this plus the quite fast spinning speed of the bot makes it can do quite a lot of damage; not to mention that it gives another mean of offense if the blade break down in battle, so yeah the blade already cause a nice amount of the damage to wedges, but the spinning motion of the chassis can knock them away while they are trying to get under, this is especially useful on bots too flat for the blade to reach them.

So yeah: DIE WEDGES DIE!!!

12 Weapon
1 Torque
6 Speed
4 Traction
5 Armor

SHW: GreenWar

GreenWar is a Rectangular shaped robot with hinged skirting all around, the weapon system consist of 2 forward-hinged flipping panels at each side of the bot, don't worry about their power the SHW weight limit allowed them to be powered by a huge air ram capable surely of tossing another bot into a hasard, and the central rectangle prevents them from getting over it, the bot simply brings the opponent to hasard and then exect them into it with the flipper

The enemies faces one flipper pannet with the bar behind it, i'm putting it to avoid any confusion

11 Weapon
5 Speed
3 Traction
5 Torque
4 Armor
Last edited by Mystic2000 on Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.