Ruination: The Omen - Sign-ups

BEES

Post by BEES » Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:34 am

Team Yellow Alert

LW: Annoying Box Rush
Even more annoying and boxy than ever! Like in LORE and the first Ruination, the lifting forks are attached to the drivetrain through a 2-way limited slip differential. Just as Overkill's blade moved up and down when its wheels moved, the forks will do the same, but in the opposite way. This means that when the robot moves forward, the forks press down into the floor. When I back up, the forks pull up and they'll move up or down before the much heavier rest of the robot moves. A clutch allows me to hold them in whatever position I please as I drive around. The advantage of this is that it gives my forks the same power as an overhead thwack would get (1/2 speed+traction) without a heavy weapon motor to do it.

ABR likes long walks on the beach, old school kung fu films, and arenas with moats. Its favorite color is red, it's a libra, and its only weakness is stairs.
Speed: 6
Traction: 7
Wedge: 7 :v:
Torque: 1
Armor: 8 (+3 on the rear wedge, -3 everywhere else)
Weapon: 1 (for the clutch)

MW: Stingray
ImageImageImage
Stingray has an array of weapon attachments to choose from now! There's the standard bar (shown above), plus a breaker bar for spinners, a hook, and an invertible flipping attachment.

Stingray likes muffins, and wood. That is all.
Speed: 7
Traction: 5
Wedge: 5
Armor: 8 (+3 on the weapon, -3 everywhere else)
Weapon: 4

HW: V'Ger
The wheel pods can move and clamp opponents, or pull back to give the weapon more range. All-in-all a very robust design that can smother and cut opponents to pieces. The clamping mechanism is quite powerful and potentially capable of some damage on its own, with a pair of spikes jutting out of the wheel pods to inflict damage and hold opponents. The wedges aren't too effective but they don't necessarily need to be, since the floor-scraping spikes on the front can get into an enemy's vulnerable sides and avoid their main wedge.

V'Ger likes rainy days, where it can stay at home and read the internet all day, it's a scorpio, and its favorite color is blue. Its only weakness? Admiral James T. Kirk.
Speed: 5
Traction: 3
Armor: 6
Weapon: 15 (-2 for multiple weapons, the clampers and the disc, making both 13)
Wedge: 0

SHW: Manta

A walking flipper. This time with a more serious front, and a more compact walking system, and hopefully better stats.

Manta cures cancer and then gives the survivors smallpox. Manta's a leo, its previous job before turning to robot fights was as a paid intern at NASA. Manta doesn't like anything. Manta hates everyone, including you.
Traction: 3
Torque: 4
Weapon: 7
Armor: 11
Wedge: 5 :v:
Last edited by BEES on Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MadBull

Post by MadBull » Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:46 pm

Team VED

LIGHTWEIGHT...
RECOVERED
Hinged wedge at the front, hinged horizontal thwack at the back. Centrifugal forces will straighten that rear tail when at full speed for great visual effects.

My hinged wedge has got nifty sloped sides (of which the functionality will be lost when inverted, granted (the functionality of the sloped sides that is, not of the wedge itself, the wedge works fine when inverted)). The concept is that I can wedge my opponent, turn into one direction, watch with glee as my thwack hits my opponent, then turn into the other direction, and have my opponent wedged again by that nifty sloped side!

HELL YEAH!

Speed: 8
Traction: 8
Torque: 2
Wedge: 6
Armour: 6
Weapon: 0

MIDDLEWEIGHT
BAD WOLF! Invertible machine with invertible skirts. Main weapon is a low to the ground horizontal disc that hits things hard and low. A potential problem for horizontal spinners is the feedback of the hit knocking the robot away, the 6 wheels driving the machine combined with the decent traction stat aim to keep this to a minimum. If we add up this this set-up plus the fact the skirts can be used not only defensively but also offensively, one might find that Bad Wolf makes a decent wedgebot too. The height of this machine is kept to a minimum, 8 cm max, which makes sure that the disc will still hit plenty of stuff when inverted, but due to the resulting low centre of gravity the control is also enhanced, and last but not least this also makes Bad Wolf harder to topple for flippers and lifters (which will have troubles anyway with either the skirts or the low disc).

HEAVYWEIGHT...
DEAD RINGER FOR LOVE
Because nobody ever said a ring spinner's ring has to narrowly fit your ring spinner's body! Any arm trying to get in between the ring and the body will be grinded by the bot's gearing (thanks Nick!). Dead Ringer for Love is angled to make its front act much like an undercutter, and has 2 different teeth, one being the inverse of the other, such that whatever way up, ONE tooth acts like a highly efficient undercutter (and the other as an inefficient one that still hurts like hell!).

Speed: 4
Traction: 4
Wedge: 0
Armour: 7
Weapon: 14

SUPERHEAVYWEIGHT
PEPPERNUT! Invertible rambot with rear and front invertible wedge, both removable if I desire so. The front is more than a wedge though, it's also a spike! Or basically 2 spikes since when the machine is inverted the wedge will flip over and reveal another previously hidden spike, as can be seen in the side view. I feel like impaling things. FYI, the side is protected by transparent polycarb.
Last edited by MadBull on Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

V900
Team: End of the Line LLC

Post by V900 » Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:14 pm

Team Inertia

LW- Fatality
2WD HS/Shell Spinner. Ground clearance is high enough to keep the shell off the ground, while low enough so that bot doesn't tilt forward/backward. Packs a punch, and has the armor to back it up too (almost as much as M A S H E E N!), but as a result is very slow. 360 degree killzone, so speed doesn't matter much anyway.
Speed: 3
Traction: 1
Wedge: N/A
Armor: 9 (+3 to the shell/weapons, -3 on the chassis)
Weapon: 16

MW- Long Arm of the Law
Pretty much Sword of Justice 2. Apart from that, 4WD poker/rammer hybrid. Doesn't hurt as much as Fatality, but what it lacks in power it easily makes up for in speed and wedge. Invertible, wedge is just as effective upside down as it is right side up.
Traction: 6
Wedge: 6
Armor: 7
Weapon: 3

HW- Final Judgement
4WD hammer/rammer hybrid. Smites evildoers and good stuff like that. Extra wide to deal with pesky HS and has 4 ramming spikes to do some extra frontal damage. Self-rights with the hammer when inverted.
Wedge: 2 (plow and rear wedge)
Armor: 10
Weapon: 6

SHW- Ultima
Slow-but-tanky Panic Attack/Vlad-style 4WD flipper with limited ramming ability. Controlled and steady, like a flowing river or some other hippie bullshit. Grey flipper bars are the srimech, but can also flip robots in the rare case that they end up on Ultima's top.
Wedge: 4
Armor: 10 (+1 to everything on the front/sides, -1 elsewhere)

helloface199

Post by helloface199 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:31 pm

LW: Old Soul
A unique dual saw, this bot is quite slow but has good durability and control.
Armor: 7

MW: Reaper
An old design. This robot has VERY low ground clearance, and interchangeable polycarbonate sheets to add to the top-front plate to block robots from going over.
Wedge: 4 (all sides)
Armor: 4
Weapon: 9

HW: NB2
NooBot is back, this time with a self-righting front hinged flipper!
Armor: 8
Weapon: 5

SHW: The Back Of My Knee Smells Like Steak For Some Weird, Strange Intangible Reason
This SHW packs a punch with a powerful pneumatics system powering the axe and flipper; not to mention the high-traction tires.
Traction: 6
Wedge: 5
Armor: 5

EDIT: All of the bots can self-right, except for Old Soul who can drag itself.

EDIT #2 (by KodeBreaker): (the LW and MW stats were illegal, so they have been modified slightly to be legal. I warned people about this several times in the discussion thread)
Last edited by helloface199 on Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.