ARC: Aftermath Sign-ups

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Post by NWOWWE » Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:19 pm

Come one, come all! It's time for another action-packed ARC season! The format for posting your team is posting your Team Name, a picture/link to picture of each bot and a breakdown of their stats. If your entry isn't right we can gladly help you fix it. If you're new to the game feel free to contact a staff member and I'm sure one of us would be able to help you orginize your team.

We're going to try and shoot for 16 entrants so we can divide into 4 divisions withen 2 conferences. The sign-up date could be flexable depending on if we meet our entrant quota (meaning it could be shortened if we get enough people), extensions are a possiblilty, and will be taken on a case-by-case basis (if you're lollygagging around, you'll get no sympathy from us mofo).

Now the rules:

GENERAL RULES

- Everyone enters 4 bots, one from each weight class (LW, MW, HW, SHW) and assigns them stats using the old point system.

- The battles will take place in a Round Robin style (as opposed to the traditional tournament style) in which each bot will face every other bot once with playoffs afterward to determine the champion of each weight class.

- No double entering the competition (that means no smurf accounts or anything like that).

- You
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

Meganew

Post by Meganew » Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:53 pm

I'll be the first one.

Team Corsair

LW: Minesweeper

Speed: 5
Weapon: 3
Traction: 6
Armor: 8 (10 for the scoops)

My first robot done to ARC standards, Minesweeper is a low and tough rambot designed to counteract all the LW spinners, such as The Windmill. It's designed to survive hits from the small amounts of LW spinners around. While I do question how good of a robot this'll be, I'm willing to bet that it'll survive the evil LW spinners, though I'm not sure...

A last-minute special feature is that the scoops each have a linear actuator that makes the scoop scrape the arena floor. Regardless of which way up my robot is, the actuators can make my robot flush with the floor. This is effective for getting under wedges and rammers, as I can use it to get under scoops, wedges, and skirts quite easily. Also, I can use them as lifters if I want...

It also uses what could be called a loophole in the rules: Since the scoops are active weapons, and since they have a low weapon power, I get the armor +2 weapon armor bonus. Therefore, my scoops have an armour rating of 10, which is more then enough to kill spinners.

MW: Tetris

Stats for each:
Speed: 4
Weapon: 6
Traction: 3
Armor: 3 (+1 for the scoops, -1 elsewhere) (6 for the disc, 7 for the teeth)

The only MW clusterbot active these days, Tetris is designed as a 2-part clusterbot to annoy people with. Each cluster comes with a powerful spinning disc, and they can use their discs and small size to do things that full-sized MW robots can't.

HW: 1-Hit Wonder (Walker)

Speed: 3
Weapon: 13
Traction: 2
Armor: 4 (13 for the spinning rim, 14 for the spinning rim's teeth)

A shuffling full-body spinner modeled on the real robot Gyrobot in that only the outer rim of the robot is rotating. Invertible. Unfortunately for its opponents, it uses the heavy spinning rim to kill anything that comes at it from any direction.

SHW: Extreme Gyration

Speed: 2
Weapon: 15
Armor: 3 (16 for the bar)

Extreme Gyration is a deadly spinner designed to kill anything in its path it utilizes a deadly spinning blade, powered by triple chainsaw motors. I'm starting to wonder how much overkill I should use in my big spinners...

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Post by That Kode Guy » Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:15 pm

Right, after searching through my Photobucket account for the images, I'mma here, so let's kick off this shiz. B)

TEAM ZLAYERZ

----

Troubloon
Lightweight

Weapon: 11 (-2 due to independent weapons)
Armour: 4

Unchanged from previous render. But successful? Here? Not yet, but maybe soon. He's a boxy-but-scoopy-and-wedgy 4WD horizontal spinner, the 4WD being there to give Troubloon that extra bit of grip. He has 2 'horizontal' discs which aren't truly horizontal but are slanted; the front one is slanted down at an angle of 15 degrees to hit skirts and wedges better. The second one is higher up and slanted up 15 degrees to act like the front one when inverted, but because Troubloon is so low, it can definitely hit side panels. Because these discs act independently, their main weapon power is cut by 2 points so it's actually 9 instead of 11. Also he has 3 spikes on each side to prevent beaching, and can be used as secondary (but non-active) weapons when spinning.

----

Jinx
Middleweight

Weapon: 8 (+4 for power hammer rule)
Traction: 4
Armour: 5

Who says you can't have a girly bot in ARC? Well, Jinx isn't girly, really. I'd call her a broad. Anyway, she's got a front low wedge/scoop with slits in the front, and two huge muthafuckin forks, directly welded to the armour/chassis so that she can get under virtually anything. She also has a rear wedge with hinged SZF-like fork wedges at the rear to help get under bots there too. Jinx uses a power hammer for her weapon, which gets a +4 bonus thanks to the power weaponry rule (however this also extends re-fire time by a few seconds); it's powered by a double-acting pneumatic ram to bludgeon opponents to death, and also has flipper-arm attachment to the axe head when dealing with opponents that need to be tipped over quickly, which is why I used a double-acting ram. It's hinged *and* bolted in a position so that, due to the speed of the blow, the arm attachment won't hit the ground/opponent as hard as the axe head itself will (velocity co-efficient), but the flipperarm will run along the ground when the axehead is down, and be able to lift bots without folding backwards. This is aided of course by the two muthafuckin huge welded spikes. Of course the axe can also be used to self-right. Because of those two spikes, it's also near impossible to stack on its sides, which aren't perpendicular to the front or rear anyway so good luck with that. :P

----

Shadow Zone Forever
Heavyweight

Speed: 7
Weapon: 0
Armour: 9

Oh yes. The returning champ goes for a definitive stat change this time around, and more besides. It's a bit more based on armour than motherfucking in-your-face out-of-control speed now. Very low to the ground and as leveraging as hell, and the hinged wedges are heavy and slit at the tips, yet act independently, meaning if you get under one, I don't know how you did it but nice job, however you need to get under the other three as well, sucker. :P Has side spikes on the side near the bottom for two things; 1) it won't get stuck on its side, and 2) wedges may very likely spear themselves on them going too fast, or find it hard to get completely under SZF going too slow. These spikes can be substituted for a convex spinner ram at the rear, smooth and hard to damage quickly. Folks, you've entered the Shadow Zone, good luck getting the hell out. ;)

----

Parental Advisory: Explicit Content
Superheavyweight

Speed: 6
Traction: 5
Armour: 8

Now here's something interesting: a 2WD rear-hinged flipper that acts as a dustpan upside-down. Can start right-way-up or inverted at the start of the match, and has barbs on the dustpan to keep opponents on it while PAEC takes 'em to arena hazards. The wheels stick out at the rear so he can escape assaults easier, and very slightly angled sides means you can't stack this bastard, or at the very least would have a hard time trying, and then it can just use the flipper to overbalance. :P Having the wheels sticking out also means he can flip himself during battle (and do it either way up) and use either dustpan or flipper. And that's all I can say right now about this mofo. Let's see how he does.

----

w00t
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

lewis

Post by lewis » Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:31 am

Team Mechanical Menagerie

Lightweight ~ Hit 'em Hard

Speed ~ 8
Weapon ~ 0 [effectively 6]
Armour ~ 9 [+2 wedge]
Traction ~ 5

The former semi-finalist Thwedge is back with a better name, a hardier chassis, a stronger, heavier weapon and improved stats. The wedge is hinged on the drive axis and the removable front spikes are also hinged, so that they are effectively double hinged. It works exactly the same upside down, plus can thwack both vertically and horizontally and the weapon has some anti-spinner holes now. The main focus is on fighting spinners now - something Thwedge couldn't do.

Middleweight ~ Armageddon

Speed ~ 8
Weapon ~ 0
Armour ~ 9 [+1 rear battering ram]
Traction ~ 5

A simple rammer, a bit boring but hopefully effective. The focus is more on armour than speed to combat spinners, and it has 5 heavy hinged wedges on the front. The side skirts also give defence against rammers, but are removable for fighting spinners if needs be.

Heavyweight ~ Exotherm

Speed ~ 4
Weapon ~ 11
Armour ~ 6 [+1 rear wedge]
Traction ~ 1

Originally belonging to Spatula, this Nightmare-esque vertical spinner is ready to deal out some serious punishment. The stats have been re-done and it's been moved from lightweight to heavyweight, because I already had a successful lightweight and I personally feel it looks far too big to be a lightweight. Has front hinged wedges, a rear shock-absorbing wedge and can run inverted via a system that allows the disc to adjust itself so that the wheels can touch the ground.

Superheavyweight ~ Inflammatory Slammer 2

Speed ~ 8
Weapon ~ 1
Armour ~ 8
Traction ~ 5

Previous quarter-finalist returns with the same design, but rebuilt and with new stats. The weapon is also new, as it is no longer a lifter but a pneumatic flipper. This means it can throw opponents six inches up, and although this is very weak for a flipper it doesn't matter because here the flipper is used as a lifter and with the ramming motion of the robot will quite easily flip opponents. Internal 4 wheel drive gives better control than before and once again the barbs on top can be used to trap opponents.

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Post by NWOWWE » Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:35 pm

Team Blood Gulch

LW: Zombie Killer
The former champ returns with some minor modifications. The wedge has been lowered, and made into a trapizodial shape for better coverage. The plow in the back remains unchanged (there are spikes inside like the previous version had). Spikes have been added to the sides to help prevent high-centering. Fully invertible.
Armor: 8 (Plow +1)
Speed: 8

MW: Clown Breath
The free-agent pickup arrives to his new team with a new name! A single-plane full body propeller, to maximize weapon efficiency. Tiny lower frame, all the motors in the upper section. It has some wedging in case the weapon should fail so it's not completely defenseless.
Armor: 5
Weapon: 11

HW: Revolver Ocelot
An undercutter that can function as an overcutter when inverted.
Weapon: 10

SHW: Final Boss
The low, hindged skirts return, but now he's a lifter instead of a flipper to make him better at controlling oppenents. Can self-right.
Armor: 7
Weapon: 4
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

Siphai

Post by Siphai » Fri Dec 25, 2009 10:10 am

Team Uneasy Alliance

LW: The Windmill
Invertible robot with a spinning horizontal quad-bar.

MW: Force Feedback
Invertible robot, with a 'ram' type weapon that serves to warp wedges and break spinning weapons by firing kinetic energy into them. Wedges are hinged.
Armor: 6

HW: Malaria
Speed hammerbot with dual hammers. Hammers both work off of the same motor, so they do work as one. Hinged wedges on all sides, except for the front where the small scoop and the two wedges on the sides are sprung to get the lowest possible ground clearance.
Weapon: 5

SHW: Drive
DESCRIPTION: Just 8.5cm high and invertible, made of a titanium semi-monocoque chassis with titanium side and rear - travel limited to prevent them folding up beneath the robot either side - skirts with magnetic inserts to help them hug the ground, Hardox top and base shock mounted panels and a magnetic, hinged (with same travel limiting as the skirts) and invertible front Hardox wedge with twin hardened steel chisel spikes either side. Not much to the robot really, just a pure pusher making use of two S28-400 Magmotors per wheel - a total of 8 on four wheel drive with the drive wheels having Vulkalon tyres and magnetic rims for more grip, and positioned at the back and middle of the robot with casters being used at the front to give good turning ability. For this season, an array of 8 neodymium magnets spread around on the base and another 8 beneath the lid provide c. 500kg of downforce, which although it's overcome by the torque of the drive motors makes the robot very difficult to lift - this created problems for Team Picus technicians as the robot couldn't be lifted off the ground for maintenance, a problem that after much head scratching and Diet Coke was overcome with an ingenious system involving a sheet of plywood and a crowbar.
Traction: 8

Area51Escapee

Post by Area51Escapee » Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:23 am

LW - Hot Shot

Lifter with hinged wedge in front and ram on back.

Speed 7
Torque 6
Armor 7 (+2 ram)
Weapon 2

MW - Sunshine 2

Hammer bot with plows on front sides.

Speed 5
Torque 3
Armor 5
Weapon 9 (power hammer)

HW - The Dark Side of Cupid

Horizontal spinner, genius.

Speed 4
Torque 3
Armor 5
Weapon 10

SHW - Solar Smash 4

Pneumatic punchbot with hinged wedge and protective forks in front.

Speed 7
Torque 4
Armor 5
Weapon 6

Sparkey989

Post by Sparkey989 » Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:56 am

here is team cool aide killers

Ligtweight, Full bodie spinner

SPEED:8
ARMOUR:5
WEAPON:5
TORQUE:4

ImageImage
Tread Wipper
Midleweight
SPEED:8
ARMOUR:1
WEAPON:1
TORQUE:12
The ass-tarded idea is that his treads have alluminium threads hanging off that wip around to (hopefully) do damage to his apponents

ImageImage
Red Cross
Heavyweight wedge rammer
SPEED:10
ARMOUR:2
WEAPON:2
TORQUE:8

Superheavyweight plow bot with ram plates on plows
ImageImage
Jab
SPEED:5
ARMOUR:4
WEAPON:11
TORQUE:2

succotash_54

Post by succotash_54 » Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:42 am

Team Animal Cruelty

LW: Rascal

Rascal returns pretty much unchanged. Two forked lifter bot, with optional fork extensions. Forks are crafted in the same style as Wedge Of Doom, Season 5.

Torque: 5

MW: Dancing Headless

My newest destined-to-flop Middleweight, but hey, at least it's not Warper, right? Ok, this experiment features dual drums, but they run on the same belt, and therefore the same motor, and works inverted. Treadbot! Bot body designed to allow drum to work as effectively inverted as right-side up. Angularly hinged spikes to act as wedge protection. Hinged wedge in back for obvious purposes, dimwit. Angled blades on sides of drums to ward off side attacks. Interchangeable drums in two varieties: spiked or barred (the latter similar to Little Drummer Boy's setup).

Armor: 4

HW: Pinpoint

Like the Dave Clark Five, the controversially denied Pinpoint returns for another try. Wedge array uses three separate spring-loaded skirts. Spring-loading array comes complete with spikes to pin skirts, to keep them from folding up underneath Pinpoint should I fight upside-down, or get flipped, or whatever. Pink tongue is also now spring-loaded with it's own pieces to hold it in place too. Disc is pretty much the same, with grinding teeth on bottom to rip up opponents caught on wedges.

Torque: 3

SHW: Yellow Cloud

Despite Brushhog's success last season, some ideas came to me for retooling Yellow Cloud, so now I wanna see how they work out. Yellow Cloud still has four wheels; however, at no time are more than two touching the ground, those two being the ones in the rear of the wedge in use, so it always drives like a two-wheeled drive bot. Drive train housed in the middle of the bot to maintain optimal weight balance at all times. Wedges are identical, spring-loaded plow-wedges with an array functionally comparable to that of Pinpoint's (above) to keep wedge from folding over while inverted. Side spikes prevent high-centering, and wedges are different colors to keep track of which one is in use while driving.

Armor: 8 (+1 for wedges, -2 everywhere else)
Torque/Traction: 7

panicattacky2k

Post by panicattacky2k » Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:36 pm

LW: Shovearound Junior:

Due to the unrealistic-ness of the redesign of Night Train fitting into a LW, Shovearound has been forced to move down a weight class (Or rather, I picked up the spare one I wound up not using for Reckoning), much to the jealousy of it's two heavier clones, Shovearound HW and Shovearound SHW. And to annoy slash prove a point to Josh.

CAD by Chris/Gemini (but you all probably knew that already)

MW: There Goes the Night Train:

The Night Train returns as a walker. Having concerns that a MW walking hammerbot with spike protection would be pushing the constraints for the LW class, I decided not to chance it and just went with the safer route: Bump it up to the MW class. It's cut from the same cloth as Pressure Drop and The Aristrocrats, so it fits better here, anyway.

And yes, the turret is still there.

CAD by: Martijn/MadBull

Weapon: 12 (10)

HW: Bring Out the Gimp:

Typical double-wedge, complete with spring loaded hinged wedges (We don't want that sucker scraping) with a twist, it runs on 2WD instead of 4. This is to lower the robot's ground clearance during charges, increasing the probability of getting under something. It does leave the hind wedge up, so it creates a big target if someone outmaneuvers me, but a double-wedge would normally be screwed if you got under the back of his currently unusable wedge anyway. I was pondering how to make a really low wedge and this idea popped up.

Thwack arms to prevent the dreaded Zombie Killer effect and to do damage if I need to. Minor things, but they could come in handy.

CAD by: Martijn/MadBull

Speed: 9

SHW: The Strawman Fallacy

Generic FBS with omniwheels to allow sideways strafing, making it harder to reach before fully spun up. The cost to pay is zero traction, but this can work in my favor as well due to sending me back with the opponent, nearly guaranteeing I'll be spun up again before they can reach me.. On paper, it's a nearly impossible design to kill, but it does have a major weakness: Itself. Due to how often I'll be flying all over the place as well as the weapon to armor ratio, I imagine The Strawman Fallacy will likely be victim to many a self-knockout.

Also, there's a srimech pole and a flag so I can tell where I'm going.

CAD by: Martijn/Madbull

Weapon: 13

MadBull

Post by MadBull » Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:47 am

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeere's Marti

LW:
Dugtrio
S:11
W:0
T:7
A:4
I did a thorough analysis to come up with the most efficient and effective shape physically possible for my lightweight robot, then I threw the results away and made a Dugtrio. 2 Inner wheels drive this monstrous rambot, and the differently colored sand of the picture are part of the robot and used as a lethal titanium wedge, held down with springs, beware.

MW:
The Thwacking Head
S:8
W:0
T:8
A:6
Same robot as last year, spikes on the wedge to trap the opponent a bit easier... and to maybe puncture some armour, and a very potent overhead thwack that can work upside down, only the wedge cant. The horizontal thwack mode also packs plenty of power, and the wedge is shock absorbing.

HW:
Dance the night away
S:5
W:10
T:2
A:5
One big vertical disc with an unusual 5 wheel setup to make it work properly when inverted, thats what this is. When it turns to the left, the left wheel will reverse, and both the right wheel and the middle wheel go forward.

SHW:
Vendetta
Remained unchanged since my first tournament here, completely. Well not completely because this new armour rule of the last series means that because my silver wedge has a +1 armour bonus the rest of my bot has an armour loss, but Vendatta has proven to be tough enough to survive this. The golden wedge is sprung down and because both wedges are hinged my robot can drive up pretty steep ramps with no loss of traction for the 2 rear wheels, which is cool, undeniably. IT WISHES TO DEFEND ITS TITLE! :ph43r:

Alteiriaa

Post by Alteiriaa » Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:17 am

LW:

Mobile Failure V2
Weapon: 8

A non-invertable power hammer that can self right with it's weapon. Has 6 wheels.

MW:

V'Ger

Used to be Spatula's, then became KodeBreaker's, and has since been given to me. Non-invertable, but can still self right. Has 4 wheels. And let's not forget it's dual weapons; one end has a spinner, the other end a lifter.

HW:

SOTAR

Invertable ring spinner with 3 teeth on it.

SHW:

Lime-y
Weapon: 6

2 wheeled pnuematic flipper. Non-invertable but self-rights with the flipper.

StarlessSoldier

Post by StarlessSoldier » Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:28 am

Team Omegaforce

LW S.W.A.T.

4WD rammer with a four-bar linkage lifter. Invertible and can self right by lifting and rushing forward.

MW No Joy

2 Wheeled Bot with actuated jaws. Jaws can operate independently this time. Spring loaded weapon in the back keeps the jaws against the floor and doubles as a thwack axe and wedge. Invertible.

HW DeadStar

Semi-omni drive vertical spinner. The omni wheel in the back allows the rear to move independently, greatly increasing turn speed and maneuverability. Armor gets +1 to the plows.

SHW Diamondback

Semi-omni drive flipper. The drivetrain works the same as DeadStar's to keep the flipper and additional front armor facing the opponent. Can self-right. +1 to the front shields.

prince palatine

Post by prince palatine » Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:17 pm

Righty oh here are my bots

The Servant:
Armour: 9

Hammer & Nails 2:
Weapon: 8(+4 power hammer bonus)
Armour: 7

Dr. Thwack:
Weapon: 7(+3 power hammer bonus)

Curse of the Deep:
Weapon: 10(+5 power hammer bonus)
Traction: 1

Hope to get in :D

DRD

Post by DRD » Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:20 am

The Gladiator

This is a mean speedy invertible robot with a wedge. He has two battle axes that can swing around full 360 degrees so they work regardless of being upside down or right side up. He has a front hinged wedge that is designed to be able to work regardless of whether he's on his back or not.

Torque: 7
Weapon: 2
Armor: 5 (+1 Bonus to wedge -1 everywhere else)

Riptide

Ahhh yes an old favorite has returned! Riptide is back sporting his trademark spiked conveyor belt wedge and flywheel in the back.

Torque: 3
Weapon: 8

Death Chamber's Revenge

Death Chamber's Revenge is a unique robot because unlike past incarnations I decided to go with a more sneaky approach. He is a low to the ground bot with 10" in height. This bot was designed to slip sneakily under opponents with the greatest of ease and dump them into the crush zone where I can haul them to wherever I please. He is invertible with double sided crushers and low to the ground wedged skirts.

Torque: 8
Weapon: 2

Toxic Hazard

Toxic Hazard is back and has clearly shed a couple of pounds. He is now more compact for easier turning. He is invertible and is still rocking a mean rack of spinning bars. The rack is designed to pop up any robot so I can push them around easily. It is set low so I can catch wedges and tear them up. Also the rack is also designed to be a spinner killer. Any disk that is brave enough to go weapon to weapon with the rack will surely be hurting. In the back he also has some spikes to prevent himself from being stuck on his rear end.

Torque: 5
Armor: 3