ARC: Carnage Signup Thread

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Post by NWOWWE » Fri May 08, 2009 8:57 pm

It's time for another exciting season of ARC! We've made a few changes to the rules, by popular demand and they will be included in the standard outline below. The format for posting your team is posting your Team Name, a picture/link to picture of each bot and a breakdown of their stats. If your entry isn't right we can gladly help you fix it. If you're new to the game feel free to contact a staff member and I'm sure one of us would be able to help you orginize your team.

Also, we will probably have a maximum entry limit of 16. If there would happen to be significant demand beyond that, there might be the possibilty for accomidations, but that limit is basically in place to keep the tournament from going on too long.

Now the rules:

GENERAL RULES

- Everyone enters 4 bots, one from each weight class (LW, MW, HW, SHW) and assigns them stats using the old point system.

- The battles will take place in a Round Robin style (as opposed to the traditional tournament style) in which each bot will face every other bot once with playoffs afterward to determine the champion of each weight class.

- No double entering the competition (that means no smurf accounts or anything like that).

- You
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

Ry_Trapp0

Post by Ry_Trapp0 » Sat May 09, 2009 5:20 pm

Trapp Engineering

LW: Ressaisir
Speed: 7
Traction: 5
Armor: 5
Weapon: 5

4wd, invertible, 2 independently operated claws on a 45* limited(non-motorized) swing arm, designed to grab and carry opponents.

MW: Unlimited Limits 1.5
Speed: 6
Armor: 4
Weapon: 7

4wd, invertible, epic huge clamshell-swing arm style flipper.

HW: Long Shot 2.0
Weapon: 6

2wd, invertible, nose heavy, fricken awesome power axe.

SHW: K

MadBull

Post by MadBull » Sun May 10, 2009 5:29 am

LW: Axe to Fall
S:6
W:8
T:2
A:6
A double-headed axe that has plenty of power and can self right the bot, a wedge at the front and 2WD, whats not to like?
MW: The Thwacking Head
S:8
W:0
T:8
Back to defend its title with a slightly new look. I added 2 spikes to the wedge for more control over my opponent and of course to create yet another method to do some armour piercing. Again he can thwack both vertically and horizontally and again, especially with the wider wheelbase for added control, prefers to attack overhead. Again the wedge is a shock absorbing one ;).
HW: The... Spike
S:6
W:7
T:3
4WD, sprung skirts at the sides and rear, a mechanical srimech on top... and 1 big mean spike coming out of the wedge to flip robots and potentially penetrate armour, or both. A bit of an all-rounder perhaps and something fresh too, will be interesting to see how this goes.
SHW: Vendetta
Remained unchanged, completely. Well not completely because this new armour rule means that because my silver wedge has a +1 armour bonus the rest of my bot has an armour loss, but Vendatta is tough enough to survive that (I hope). The golden wedge is sprung down and because both wedges are hinged my robot can drive up pretty steep ramps with no loss of traction for the 2 rear wheels, which is cool, undeniably.

Siphai

Post by Siphai » Sun May 10, 2009 7:02 am

Team Targeted

LW: The Windmill
Invertible robot with a spinning horizontal quad-bar.
Speed: 4
Traction: 3
Armor: 3
Weapon: 12

MW: Force Feedback
Invertible robot, with a 'ram' type weapon that serves to warp wedges and break spinning weapons by firing kinetic energy into them. Wedges are hinged.
Armor: 6
Weapon: 4

HW: Automaton
Invertible robot with two early Voltronic-esque lifting arms. Also has a series of claws that rotate up and underneath the opponents body, catching underneath it and hopefully maintaining a hold. Arms have 360 degrees of rotation.
Speed: 8
Traction: 6
Weapon: 2 (1 for arms, 1 for claws)

SHW: Parabolic Trajectory
Giant invertible launchpad. The wedges on the side of the flipper are hinged.
Weapon: 8

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Post by NWOWWE » Sun May 10, 2009 9:00 am

Team Blood Gulch

LW: Zombie Killer
The former champ returns with some minor modifications. The wedge has been lowered, and made into a trapizodial shape for better coverage. The plow in the back remains unchanged. Spikes have been added to the sides to help prevent high-centering. Fully invertible.
Armor: 8 (Plow +1)
Weapon: 0

MW: The Green Hornet
A standard disc spinner that can work inverted.
Weapon: 11

HW: Revolver Ocelot
An undercutter that can function as an overcutter when inverted.
Weapon: 10

SHW: Final Boss
A flipper bot with hindged skirting all around. Can self-right
Armor: 7
Traction: 4
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

G-Force

Post by G-Force » Sun May 10, 2009 10:09 am

LW: Shiver
Power flipper, comparable to Hexy Jr. Anti-spinner ram on the back. Weighted towards the front. Invertible, but self-rightable using weapon.
Speed: 7 Weapon: 7 Armor: 5(+2 ram and front wedge. -2 everywhere else) Traction: 3
Image Image

MW: Shockwave Beta
The newest edition of Shockwave. Piercer and lifter combination. Hinged wedges all around. Anti-spinner ram in the back. Self-rightable using weapon.
Speed: 7 Weapon: 7 Armor: 5(+1 ram and front wedge) Traction: 3
Image Image

HW: Don't Flick the Bean
Friction-driven shell spinner. Shell is locked on using grooves at top and bottom. Large metal flag that can be used to right the bot (along with shell). Small teeth to grind and tear rather than large-impact hits. (Shrederator-esque).
Speed: 4 Weapon: 10 Armor: 5 Torque: 3

Image Image

SHW: Binary
Dual-weapon bot. Thick disc in back, power flipper in front. Invertible.
Speed: 5 Weapon: 11 Armor: 4 Torque: 2
Image Image

Fish Of Doom

Post by Fish Of Doom » Sun May 10, 2009 1:18 pm

LW: Demonic Visage
Two wheeled wedge with 3 lifting arms. Invertible and can self right using lifter and wheels. Small bump in the back so that it doesn't turn upright upon acceleration.
Speed-7
Traction-5
Weapon-4
Armor-6

MW: Ring Around The Ambulance
Invertible ring spinner with 2 interchangeable rings, one with wedges and one with hammers.
Speed-3
Traction-5
Weapon-10
Armor-4

HW: Giant Swan
Large dustpan robot with a lifting/clamping/hammer arm. Can self right.
Speed-6
Traction-6
Weapon-4
Armor-6

SHW: Written Like the "O" in the Word "Goodbye"
Two wheeled invertible bot with a 360 degree capable lifter and 4 larges blade on the corners.
Speed-8
Traction-5
Armor-6 (Blades +2)
Weapon-3

Area51Escapee

Post by Area51Escapee » Wed May 13, 2009 8:15 am

Team Gemini

LW - Celestial Slayer 3
Speed: 5
Weapon: 9
Invertible vertical spinner bot with mini scoops on one side with the bar assembly and antennas on the rear. Can spin inverted as well, unlike previous versions.

MW - Barrier
Armor: 8 (+1 front hinged wedges)
Weapon: 2
Hinged wedge bot with rotating lifter on front. Invertible and can self right.

HW - Striker
Armor: 6 (+1 ram plate)
The champ is back with a fresh new take on the same design. Spinning treads are meant for fair damage, sparks and tossing bots around. Front heavy Maximus style hinged wedge for getting under rammers and guiding them to the treads. A ram on the back for spinners.

SHW - Jack Frost
Jack Frost is back pretty much the same as last time. Giant horizontal spinning bar with awkward chassis shape for balance and good turning.

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Post by That Kode Guy » Wed May 13, 2009 3:45 pm

Right. Different MW, but otherwise same team bot names.

Team Zlayerz

LW - Anti-Virus 3.0

Speed: 9
Armour: 7 (+1 front-hinged wedge, -1 rest of armour)

Invertible 4WD rambot. Has front-side/side skirts, hinged front pointy wedge, and rear spring-loaded scoop, with row of spikes above it. Skirts and wedge work inverted, obviously.

MW - Terminus

Armour: 6

4WD axebot with spring-loaded multi-blade front scoop, and side skirts. Hubs on the sides prevent stranding, and the rear is rounded. Can self-right with the axe.

HW - Shadow Zone Forever

Speed: 10
Armour: 6 (+1 front scoop, -1 rest of armour)
Weapon: 1

The semi-finalist returns with a lower profile for more leverage. The spring-loaded scoop is angled at the sides now so it doesn't catch anything by mistake (like the spike strip) and go spinning around, and the flipper can self-right easier now. Still the invertible 4WD rambot with rear flipper, once again.

SHW - Tax Cutter's Return

Traction: 2
Armour: 4

Invertible 2WD bizarrely-shaped horizontal spinner with rear scoop and spikes angled out. Weapon works perfectly fine inverted as well.

Hope that's okay. B)
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

lewis

Post by lewis » Fri May 15, 2009 11:27 am

Hi, I'm from the FRA, I saw Joey's section of ARC on ZED and thought I'd come to check this out :D

Big thanks to Area51Escapee for the great CADS :D

LW: Thwedge

Toe-Crusher style robot, with a hinged wedge at the front. Runs exactly the same both ways up, giving it an advantage against other robots of a similar design. It can perform horizontal and vertical thwacks both ways up also.

Armour: 7 (+1 wedge, -1 elsewhere)
Torque: 6

MW: Hyper-Ventilate 1.2

Invertible wedge with spike lifter, can snag wheel holes and then lift the robots up into the air before dumping them wherever I want :P. The arm can rotate 360 degrees if neccessary for whatever reason, and can also push down into the floor, lifting the wedges up in order to flip if I'm facing an opponent that cannot self-right/I want to flip straight over. The lifter works both ways up, and the wheels are slightly exposed from the rear for manouevrability.

Armour: 6 (+1 front wedges, -1 elsewhere)
Torque: 5
Weapon: 3

HW: Compression 1.1

Horizontal crushing robot, the hinged wedge in the middle has spikes to trap the opposing robot. This removes their traction so the pincers can crush and I can shove them around freely. Runs exactly the same when inverted.

Torque: 4
Weapon: 7

SHW: Inflammatory Slammer

Six wheel drive rammer with skirting all round, can self-right with lifting arm. Mostly a rammer, but the lifter can right it and flip/lift opponents. The spikes can trap opponents so I can take them to the hazards with no resistance.

Armour: 5 (+1 lifter)
Weapon: 3

Hope that's all fine :D

panicattacky2k

Post by panicattacky2k » Mon May 18, 2009 2:04 pm

LW: Here Comes the Night Train! [Aka the second coming of Cyberdemon]

Render done by: Madbull/Marijn

Shape has changed to a box, with spike strips surrounding the bot, designed to keep opponents at whacking distance rather than soak up hits. The 360 degree hammer turret is also back.

Speed: 5
Traction: 2
Weapon: 10 (8), power hammer

MW: Shovearound 3

Render done by: Gemini/Chris

The Reckoning Finalst returns, this time armed with dual wedge setups. A hinged wedge for getting under wedeges, and a spiked plow to attack spinners easier.

HW: Mister/Majestic

Render done by: AJRobotics

Remember Aquarius? It's back with a vengance. And a new power hammer setup, along with hinged wedges in front to get under things with more ease. Both weapon setups can fire either up or down, so the entire robot is 100% invertible.

Weapon: 8

SHW: I4NI

Render by: Martijn/Madbull

I'm not sure how to describe it...but I'm sure you understand how it works.

Speed: 3
Traction: 1

ACAMS

Post by ACAMS » Sat May 23, 2009 12:22 pm

Team
ACAMS ROBOTICS

LW - Intimidator
Invertable drum with super low wedges. The motors were changed and drum is more powerful this season. The drum can reverse if the bot is inverted or if needed to throw a bot back that is wedged.

Speed - 3
Armor - 5
Traction - 2
Weapon - 12

MW - Sanitation Engineer
A rammer with punching spikes. The puncher can be used to self right if on end. This bot has spring loaded wedges up front to get under even the lowest wedges and a hinged wedge out back to be used in special cases where needed. This bot has spinner stopper axes to protect my wheels and spikes from spinners. It also has spring steel side armor to protect my wheels and chassis

Speed - 8
Armor - 7
Traction - 6
Weapon - 1

HW -Slicer
High speed ring spinner running on 16 strong roller bearings and powered by 4 powerful motors spinning the ring. It is invertable and the blades are angled to rip even the fastest, strongest wedges.

Speed - 1
Armor - 8
Traction - 1
Weapon - 12

SHW - Dicer
High speed ring spinner running on 16 strong roller bearings and powered by 4 powerful motors spinning the ring. It is invertable and the blades are angled to rip even the fastest, strongest wedges.

Speed - 1
Armor - 8
Traction - 1
Weapon - 12

succotash_54

Post by succotash_54 » Mon May 25, 2009 3:46 am

Alright, gonna reserve my spot too. Pics and stats to come shortly.

Team Animal Cruelty

LW: Rascal

Rascal returns pretty much unchanged. Two forked lifter bot, with optional fork extensions. Forks are crafted in the same style as Wedge Of Doom, Season 5.

MW: Warper

For lack of creative juices flowing in the middleweight department, I bring back Warper. Very bottom-heavy, plus four plow-scoop-shaped spring-loaded skirts that surround the bot. Both cutting discs run off the same motor. Also, apparently, I'd forgotten that Warper has won a Post-Season Award. Yeah, I'd forgotten about it too. But anyway, he's back.

Torque: 6

HW: Pinpoint

Back by unpopular demand. Now with 25% more consistency! Shortened up the wedge setup. Using three separate spring-loaded skirts. Spring-loading array comes complete with spikes to pin skirts, to keep them from folding up underneath Pinpoint should I fight upside-down, or get flipped, or whatever. Pink tongue is also now spring-loaded with it's own pieces to hold it in place too. Disc is pretty much the same.

Torque: 3

SHW: Brushhog

New design for me. My take on the classic STEVEOut design. You've seen it before, but you haven't seen MY version of it. Invertible treadbot. Bottom of disc has teeth on it. Rim of disc has solid knockers (no snickering please). So yeah, props to Steve. Hopefully, he looks down on this evolutionary step of his design and grins verily. Amen.

Speed: 2
Weapon: 11

joeychevron

Post by joeychevron » Sat Jun 06, 2009 4:39 am

Team Compound (formerly known as " Team "If one train, representing Team Britespark, leaves Merthyr Tydfil train station at 10:05 and heads due North East at 70 miles an hour, while another train, representing Team Picus, leaves Pontefract train station at 11:30 and heads due South West at 50 miles an hour...what the fuck is going on here!? Two trains, in Great Britain, have left their stations at exactly the appointed times and there is no mention of impromptu suicides, leaves on the track, or the wrong type of snow. Has someone magically made our rail system competent overnight?! Use the space below for any working out, four marks")

(Just remove the .'s when ya post, k? :P )
(Got that, Dan :P )

An upgraded version of last year's entry, Uplifting Experience Two has eliminated all the problems the previous entry has had, and it hoping to go all the way to the playoffs.. and maybe even further!! 2WD, cambered wheels and a sprung wedge extender at the front makes this machine very manoeuvrable and able to get even the lowest of ground clearances. The three spikes on the top of the machine (the badly drawn triangular things at the top) are angled in such as way to stop machines reversing off the front wedge, or if they do it would severely damage the tyres. A powerful front flipper capable of self righting the machine if inverted, speedy and well armoured, Uplifting Experience Two will make sure this experience will never be forgotten!!

MW: LowDown

(Thanks to Area51Escapee for the awesome CADs!! :D )

Speed: 6.
Weapon: 0.
Armour: 11.
Torque: 5.

That's right ladies and gentlemen - w00t's been on the 'roids! Meet LowDown, and here is the lowdown: Speedy four-wheeled drive gives not only good manoeuvrability but also immense pushing power, especially with the front sprung wedge. The angled spikes on the top of the wedge ensure that once LowDown get's underneath, you ain't going nowhere, fool! Hinged wedges all around to stop any sneak attacks and good old-fashioned armoury allows LowDown to ram its opponents into submission. But that ain't all folks! Fork extenders (see bottom picture) that can be attached to the front of the wedge can help LowDown fight those pesky undercutters... just wait and see! At only 9cm in height, LowDown is here to prove that good things can come in small packages. Once you meet LowDown, you'll be goin' down... six feet under!!!

HW: Gabriel V

(thanks to Martijn Benschop for these awesome CADs :) )

Weapon: 2
Armour: 8
Torque: 4

Standard human operating procedure upon seeing an angel, arch or otherwise, is probably something along the lines of incredulity followed by overexcitement and massive fear, followed shortly afterwards by gibbering, soiling oneself and cardiac arrest, and then death. Gabriel V intends to have a similar effect on its opponents, except possibly without the soiling yourself as that might get a bit inconvenient by week four. The design is based around a TIG welded stainless steel box section frame to which the triangular pyramid shaped Hardox wearplate outer shell - made of one continuous welded piece - is shock mounted to reduce damage, while those ears you see in the picture are designed to stop opponents driving over the top and are made of 15mm ultra high molecular weight polyethylene also shock mounted to a bar of stainless steel that supports them. The drive comes from C40-300 Magmotors run at 33v, the weapon power from full pressure CO2 feeding into the hydraulic ram that fires the flipper with quite some force and speed. Those front spikes can be used in a thwackbot configuration or removed to get under opponents better, it has titanium side and rear sprung skirts, it self rights with the flipper, can't balance on its back due to the weight distribution of the thing and the front 10mm hardened steel nose cone is flat against the floor due to the use of a complex hinge mechanism and magnets. Magnets are, like, SO the new springs this year, baby, yeah.

SHW: The Data Fields

(Thanks to Andy Jackson for this other awesome CAD :) )

Torque: 3

It's got power, invertibility, speed, good looks, magnets, a wedge at one end, and another wedge at the other end. Do you honestly need more?

...ah.

...you do. Right...as you can see it's a two part clusterbot, each part is a two wheel drive parallelogram and has magnets just below the leading edges of each of the wedges, which allows the wedges themselves to be shockproofed and still recieve an armour bonus while being as undefeatably low as a certain Foo Fighters song. The side polycarbonate panels and large parts of the aluminium top and base are also shock mounted, as are those removable steel side bars, which contain The Data Fields' only real weapon (sharpened cold chisel spikes, eight in total). The construction of the machines themselves are very basic - welded stainless steel box section chassis, polycarbonate and aluminium armour, EMD wheelchair motors run at 36v, Hawker Genesis batteries, and an inordinate amount of flashing strobe lights. In theory it'll make it difficult for an opponent to concentrate his energy on one and subduing an enemy or taking evasive action will be easier, handing me a string of easy wins...in practice the strobes will probably end up flashing from all four corners of the arena after the robots' untimely demonstration of particle physics and metallic failure modes upon being hit with a large disc type thing.

EDIT: Forgot about those skirt type things on Gabriel V, sorry :P

EDIT OF THE EDIT: New team name

StarlessSoldier

Post by StarlessSoldier » Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:36 pm

Team Omegaforce Designs

Agent Orange

NOTE: I have no fucking clue exactly how we're doing the stats on these but understand this isn't a thwack, it's designed to primarily move WHILE spinning so I did the stats like a standard spinner.

Three wheeled translational spinner guided by a static position reference. Weapons are three 4 pound meat tenderizers. Invertible.

No Joy

Two wheel cambered drive. Three piece frame allows the center section to rotate freely up to 45 degrees in each vertical direction. Weapon is a "Jaws of Life" type lifter/clamp driven by a scissor linkage to twin linear actuators. Rear anti-spinner plow has +1 armor. Invertible.

Adrenaline

Four wheeled low chassis with additional shock mounted armor panels and a rear plow. Weapon is a 360 degree rotating turret with an electric power axe. Can self right by rotating onto the face of the weapon and firing, or by retracting the weapon if flipped while fired.

Diamondback

Fast four wheeled flipper with additional armor in the front. Designed to always land on the flipper for self righting, but can drive inverted if nessecary.