robot wars (reboot)

Speak freely but don't be stupid about it or you'll find yourself on the last train to Clarksville, ya dumbass.
MadBull

robot wars (reboot)

Post by MadBull » Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:56 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>The Mangle</dt><dd>Jul 26 2016, 12:48 PM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>MadBull</dt><dd>Jul 26 2016, 12:36 PM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>The_Angry_Goat</dt><dd>Jul 19 2016, 05:42 PM</dd></dl><div>for those of us who aren't britsh, BBC2 is a bit hard to access :v:[/quote]speak for yourself&#33;[/quote]Didn't realize that the Dutch government allowed people to watch TV that occurs outside of the borders...

FYI, more Battlebots "we didn't make it in due some of us having terrible battle" qualifying rounds have popped up. Please no more Bucktooth Burl vs Chrome Fly, no one can take it.[/quote]the Dutch news is full of TV that occurs outside the borders&#33;

Siphai

robot wars (reboot)

Post by Siphai » Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:55 pm

Why would they make the pit 20 times as big. Why would they include the pit at all. God dammit.

BEES

robot wars (reboot)

Post by BEES » Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:03 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Siphai</dt><dd>Jul 25 2016, 06:41 PM</dd></dl><div>dara is a shit host why is he so popular[/quote]he's on every panel show that ever

Wolf51-50

robot wars (reboot)

Post by Wolf51-50 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:44 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Siphai</dt><dd>Jul 26 2016, 08:55 PM</dd></dl><div>Why would they make the pit 20 times as big. Why would they include the pit at all. God dammit. [/quote]Why wouldn't they? That would be like taking out the screws in battlebots. While I don't agree with how large it is, it just wouldn't be RW without the pit
Alpha Robotics - Embrace the carnage!

Recent Tournaments:

ROBOT2
FW: Apocalyptic Peacekeeper (2-3)
LW: Backstab 3 (3-3) [Lifetime 11-8]
MW: Outrage 2 (4-1) [Lifetime 6-3]
HW: Tulta Munille (3-2)

Ruination: The Upheavel
LW: White Lightning (1-6) [Lifetime 4-8]
MW: Diablo Genesis (5-3) [Lifetime 10-5]
HW: Coup de Grâce (2-5) [Lifetime 13-9]
SHW: Fenrir (6-2) [Lifetime 7-3]

Reckoning: The Revival
MW: Vovoka (4-1) [Lifetime 10-3]

tune in next time on ARC when I one-up Boto by posting my vast collection of Thomas The Tank Engine hentai on the Discord :V -HFL

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

robot wars (reboot)

Post by That Kode Guy » Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:18 am

The pit is one of the things about RW I never liked.
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

BEES

robot wars (reboot)

Post by BEES » Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:20 pm

The fights were actually pretty good. It was very interesting to see old designs like Behemoth and Razer up against more modern bots like Carbide, and the updated Terrorhurtz. I didn't know that I needed to see that but I'm glad I got to see it actually.

I will say fuck the pit though. I was damn curious to see Razer take a direct shot from Carbide but we never got to see it. Blueballed by the pit once again&#33;
Last edited by BEES on Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Siphai

robot wars (reboot)

Post by Siphai » Sun Jul 31, 2016 3:22 pm

rthat sucked

BEES

robot wars (reboot)

Post by BEES » Sun Jul 31, 2016 4:43 pm

Foxit is the kind of robot that looks like it would be very effective, until you see it try to move.

MassimoV

robot wars (reboot)

Post by MassimoV » Sun Jul 31, 2016 9:11 pm

Copypasta post from GTM

Alright so I got my wisdom teeth out and finally had enough free time to sit down and find the full episode 1. I thought it was rather enjoyable. This Dara guy isn't as crazy as Craig was but then again, Craig was also smoking crack so I don't even know if bring him back would have the same effect without the hard stuff. He gets down in the pits and gives half decent interviews, not really doing anything wrong. Angela seems like an alright fit for Philippa's role. And I gotta say though, no one can replace Philippa, she was excellent. However, the new girl seems to connect well with the builders which was one of the reasons I quite liked Philippa in the old run. It seems like people are saying old JP is a little warn out. Well, I've been trying to listen to that bastard commentate Champions league for the past year and the sound mixing on American coverage is so bad that this sounds just fine. I guess I just don't have any gripes with that. I miss the old count down and cease voice, but it's not really a huge deal.

The fights had like a weird filter on them that made it look like an action movie or something. It felt kind of off. Also the camera shots behind the pit release and in the pit were kinda screwy. I didn't really think they were needed. I don't mind the instant replays either, those were always in the original run and just feels natural at this point. Fights seemed entertaining, at least to me. The format I must agree though, is a bit odd. It really did seem that it wore the competitors down much quicker and by the heat final, they were just kind of limping through the fight. Maybe if there's a season 2 eventually with more entries we can get a more classic format back; that would be quite nice.

The one point that I think new RW has over new BB is that it doesn't take itself too seriously. Sometimes the way BB is presented makes it looks like the builders are like sports celebs. RW at least shows what most of these guys are, couple dudes who throw together a 100kg robot, drive it around for an hour, and have a good time. I'll give them credit for that.

However, I really miss the industrial feel for the old show. The new arena and sounds kind of remind me of like an Apple Store. The pit is just a linoleum floor like, what the hell. The old one had all these danger stripes and smoke and stuff. And the pit release button is just like some Jeep tire, seems kind of strange. New house bots looks good though. Nice not having them be the main decider in a fight. I felt in the old series that it seemed like half the battle was just avoiding the house bots.

I quite enjoyed the new show. Haven't seen episode two yet. I assume there will be a lot of gripes with this first series as nostalgia will alter some views for sure. Still, I'd give it a chance. Let a second series be made so they can maybe adjust some of the things that fans dislike about it. Quite excited for the next episodes.

The Mangle

robot wars (reboot)

Post by The Mangle » Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:09 am

Craig was pretty funny in episode 2. Anyone who is playing my game knows that <div class='spoiler_toggle'>Spoiler: click to toggle</div><div class="spoiler" style="display:none;"> Shockwave </div> won episode 2.

Siphai

robot wars (reboot)

Post by Siphai » Sun Aug 14, 2016 6:15 pm

That was better tahn some of hte other episodes. Probably had the best Heat match in the tourney so far. Storm 2 was really anemic though. They must have serious problems with overheating and blown out motors if they're moving at a snails pace like they were, and their lifter wasn't working half the time.

Overall I'm getting hte feeling like this whole season was rushed and unplanned, basically a knee jerk response to how successful the reincarnated Battlebots has been. I'm glad it's back and I have hope that a second season will be better but it is pretty disappointing.

I'm really sick of flippers all having the exact same design. Apollo, Eruption, TR2. Give me something a little more interesting than that.

Siphai

robot wars (reboot)

Post by Siphai » Sun Aug 14, 2016 6:19 pm

Also they really need to change the removable link rule.

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

robot wars (reboot)

Post by Venice Queen » Sun Aug 14, 2016 6:34 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Siphai</dt><dd>Aug 14 2016, 06:19 PM</dd></dl><div>Also they really need to change the removable link rule. [/quote]yes.

I do wonder if Storm II's lifter actually wasn't working or if they were just refusing to use it for whatever reason.
‽ ROBOTICS
CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//Nick's Fuzzy Rules -- -- Hobbyweight//Bot-o-Rama//Buzzkill -- -- Arbitraryweight//D12//Listen Here, Grandad, This Is America, Everyone Here Eats Ass

Bots that I think are better than my actual champions: Chimera // Venice Queen // Cuddle Time!

V900? Wheres V1-899 ~NickyDustyOwl
fridge ~ V900

Wasn't Ted Bundy physically attractive though? ~Superbomb122
get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

The Mangle

robot wars (reboot)

Post by The Mangle » Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:55 am

Siphai - you do realize that TR2 and Eruption were allowed in due to the fact they added over weaponry to their flippers and have been FRA champions at some point?

TAG - Storm 2's lifter was meant to have been working but it was for some reason.