Battlebots

Speak freely but don't be stupid about it or you'll find yourself on the last train to Clarksville, ya dumbass.
Siphai

Battlebots

Post by Siphai » Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:17 pm

Beta ftw. I thought it'd probably win but I didn't really expect it to get underneath Overheal so easily and constantly

Siphai

Battlebots

Post by Siphai » Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:25 pm

This is the best episode ever

Hiicantpk

Battlebots

Post by Hiicantpk » Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:43 pm

This is the worst episode ever
".. if Kody is removing OOTAs, I'm flying to Canada for the sole purpose of taking a shit down his chimney. :v: " - GF93

Team 57

Siphai

Battlebots

Post by Siphai » Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:45 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Hiicantpk</dt><dd>Jul 28 2016, 07:43 PM</dd></dl><div>This is the worst episode ever[/quote]I should've waited until the end lmfao

Siphai

Battlebots

Post by Siphai » Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:45 pm

lmfao an overcutter actually working

Siphai

Battlebots

Post by Siphai » Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:46 pm

brutus doing absolutely nothing and winning is sicknening. why is vernon davis judging these fights

Siphai

Battlebots

Post by Siphai » Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:46 pm

at least BiteForce is still ftw

Siphai

Battlebots

Post by Siphai » Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:00 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>The_Angry_Goat</dt><dd>Jul 5 2016, 05:42 PM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>systematic1</dt><dd>Jul 5 2016, 03:28 PM</dd></dl><div> I love how Rose and Florian said it was the strongest hammer in the competition. Uh, what? It landed two shots that didn't even leave a mark. It also tips over at the slightest breeze. The 13th seed is insanity.

-Wild Cards should have been, in order of most deserving: LockJaw, SawBlaze, Disc O'Inferno, Lucky, Blacksmith, Overhaul, OverDrive, and Lycan.
[/quote]Chomp is, in theory, capable of landing the most powerful hammer blow of any of the hammers at the competition. it's no going to because of the top-heavy design (apparently they were planning on using magnets to counter this, but they didnt work for some reason). It's actually quite an interesting robot, and well engineered, if quite shitty in practice :v:

Totally agree with your wildcards, except for Lycan - I don't think that he would be able to qualify since he lost in the rumbles, not in the first "official" round

[/quote]Theory is awful lmfao. Chomp is fucking garbage

Siphai

Battlebots

Post by Siphai » Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:06 pm

for some reason razorback is going with teh drum against bronco and I can't fathom why. I could've definitely seen them winning with the grappler if able to consistently get underneath bronco

Nightmare winning was ftw lmfao. I like IceWave a lot too but I'm glad to be able to see more of Nightmare. And hell, it might even stand half of a chance against Beta&#33;

BiteForce is gonna shit on Chomp barring technical difficulties.

Megatento beat Stinger because of the way the rules are for this season imo. Ripping off that wheel was all it took, while Stinger's main weapon doesn't really do any damage. That rule is in definite need of changing next season - judging decisions based basically only (its weighted so heavily) only on damage done by a main weapon is stupid. I can understand weighting it a little bit if you're allowing ram bots and whatever, but in a competition where you force everyone to have an active weapon AND you have final say on what robots get to fight in the competition, it makes no sense. It's like they got really fucking angry that BiteForce won season 1, even though BF is cool and had a lot of cool fights and I can't imagine anyone complained that he was too boring.

Cool that Yeti will sneak into the quarters though

The Spoiler Previews made it actually look like Warhead got in good shots on Minotaur, but Warhead is so unstable that I'd have to see him winning first.

Red Devil should beat Bombshell.

Hypershock vs Poison Arrow is a toss up

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Battlebots

Post by Venice Queen » Fri Jul 29, 2016 12:08 am

not understanding the salt on the stinger decision tbh.

Chomp finally got a legit win so people can stop going burrhurr feminist conspiracy or whatever the fuck people are saying now. I still dont like it though :v:
‽ ROBOTICS
CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//Nick's Fuzzy Rules -- -- Hobbyweight//Bot-o-Rama//Buzzkill -- -- Arbitraryweight//D12//Listen Here, Grandad, This Is America, Everyone Here Eats Ass

Bots that I think are better than my actual champions: Chimera // Venice Queen // Cuddle Time!

V900? Wheres V1-899 ~NickyDustyOwl
fridge ~ V900

Wasn't Ted Bundy physically attractive though? ~Superbomb122
get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Battlebots

Post by GF93 » Fri Jul 29, 2016 12:37 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>The_Angry_Goat</dt><dd>Jul 29 2016, 12:08 AM</dd></dl><div>Chomp finally got a legit win so people can stop going burrhurr feminist conspiracy or whatever the fuck people are saying now.[/quote]Sadly, we now have Mega Tento as the scapegoat for that. :v:

Don't know why though, I felt it was the clear winner of the fight with Stinger. Like, there's not a whole lot you can do if you can't lift your opponent and you lose a wheel about halfway through, along with the later shoving matches.
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Battlebots

Post by That Kode Guy » Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:14 am

That Brutus win is disgraceful.
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

The Mangle

Battlebots

Post by The Mangle » Fri Jul 29, 2016 7:08 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>KodeBreaker</dt><dd>Jul 29 2016, 02:14 AM</dd></dl><div>That Brutus win is disgraceful.[/quote]Can confirm this.

I hope Nightmare can fix itself for Basher.

Also, Feminist conspiracy as they rigged the matches.(joke.) In reality, the feminist teams shouldn't have won and won't win the entire tournament unless cheating is involved.

Siphai

Battlebots

Post by Siphai » Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:00 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>The_Angry_Goat</dt><dd>Jul 29 2016, 12:08 AM</dd></dl><div>not understanding the salt on the stinger decision tbh.

Chomp finally got a legit win so people can stop going burrhurr feminist conspiracy or whatever the fuck people are saying now. I still dont like it though :v:[/quote]Sad&#33;

The Mangle

Battlebots

Post by The Mangle » Fri Jul 29, 2016 12:39 pm

NEWS-

Possible Season 3 Aggression rules have been changed so that people using a wedge and not their primary weapon(s) will not be punished by the judges. Here is quote from VestedUTUber, a guy that managed to a chat/talk with Greg-

"I actually talked to Greg Munson, and he's going to bring up a possible second change to the judge's scoring system to split the aggression points so that aggression itself is worth one point and active weapon use tacks on an additional point. It would prevent people from being punished for using anti-spinner strategies while still encouraging active weapon usage."

This is going to very and very important...
Last edited by The Mangle on Fri Jul 29, 2016 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.