Battlebots

Speak freely but don't be stupid about it or you'll find yourself on the last train to Clarksville, ya dumbass.
Badnik96

Battlebots

Post by Badnik96 » Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:22 pm

Agree with the other Dylan on that one. Well fought from both parties. In fact I think this week's episode was most likely my favorite episode of BattleBots ever, and that says a lot.

I do agree on the whole "Icewave is overrated" thing, but I'm unsure if it'll lose to Nightmare just because of the way things line up. Icewave seems to have struggled pretty heavily against SubZero so maybe something will go wrong. I want to believe in Nightmare but I just don't see it happening.
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ

Toxic

Battlebots

Post by Toxic » Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:06 pm

Blacksmith Vs. Minotaur was IMO one of the 10-15 best Battlebots fights ever. Just awesome.

I love Nightmare, but I don't think it'll beat Icewave.

British-Robotics

Battlebots

Post by British-Robotics » Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:26 am

Minotaur and Blacksmith was the best fight I've seen in robotic combat so far, I was surprised that Blacksmith almost survived for 3:00 mins, but that explosion tho. I underestimated the little Brazilian robot , it could potentially reach the last four considering how powerful it can do.

I'm betting for Icewave to win the match I just can't see Nightmare beating it, That match is reminding me of the Warhead battle back when Nightmare lost a tooth!

BEES

Battlebots

Post by BEES » Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:25 am

Minotaur vs Blacksmith was disgusting. Based on the level of competition that will be in the round of 16, I think this tournament could end up producing the best fights we've ever seen.... As opposed to last season where we got 4 fights in an hour, each of which lasted 40 seconds.

Sad to see Lucky and Witch Doctor go home. That was a bit arrogant not putting that wedge on Witch Doctor. But, the two robots replacing them seem just as cool in my book. Saws are cool. Haven't seen a saw do damage since... Dead Metal?

playzooki

Battlebots

Post by playzooki » Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:55 pm

minotaur vs blacksmith was fucking amazing... robot wars wont have shit on that.

succotash_54

Battlebots

Post by succotash_54 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:44 pm

Maybe it's just me, but I don't think Lucky really had any trouble retracting his arm... just that leaving it up helped it push much better. We saw this is season 4 or 5 with Biohazard against Nightmare.... the arm stayed up because it helped Bio push Nightmare. Lucky's arm came back down just fine. At first, I thought it was just that it actually took the pneumatics that long to pullback down when it was working fine.

As for the ratings, I'm not liking it. I think it getting pre-empted for President Obama taking to the air this past week will be a death knell for Battlebots. I hope not, but I think ABC put it on the biggest night against titans like Big Bang Theory (even in re-runs, a top draw) to watch it get slaughtered. This really is a show for Friday night, or Sunday, or Monday. They haven't perfected the formula yet to make it a Thursday nighter.

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Battlebots

Post by Venice Queen » Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:11 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>succotash_54</dt><dd>Jul 18 2016, 07:44 PM</dd></dl><div>Maybe it's just me, but I don't think Lucky really had any trouble retracting his arm... just that leaving it up helped it push much better. We saw this is season 4 or 5 with Biohazard against Nightmare.... the arm stayed up because it helped Bio push Nightmare. Lucky's arm came back down just fine. At first, I thought it was just that it actually took the pneumatics that long to pullback down when it was working fine.
[/quote]Someone asked them about it, and it did take longer than the team wanted it to.
‽ ROBOTICS
CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//Nick's Fuzzy Rules -- -- Hobbyweight//Bot-o-Rama//Buzzkill -- -- Arbitraryweight//D12//Listen Here, Grandad, This Is America, Everyone Here Eats Ass

Bots that I think are better than my actual champions: Chimera // Venice Queen // Cuddle Time!

V900? Wheres V1-899 ~NickyDustyOwl
fridge ~ V900

Wasn't Ted Bundy physically attractive though? ~Superbomb122
get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

succotash_54

Battlebots

Post by succotash_54 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:57 pm

Well, in the tension of battle, every second is an eternity.... like on the Internet.

The Mangle

Battlebots

Post by The Mangle » Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:21 am

Things that I don't like-
Chomp winning its match
Witch Doctor being given an easy opponent
Mega Tento getting a wildcard
Blacksmith's terribly draw
Nightmare's draw
Chrome Fly
Ultra Violent
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Friday the 13th and Nightmare on Elm Street reboots by Michael Bay (I think he also rebooted Halloween)
Bullshit judges decisions
and many more

succotash_54

Battlebots

Post by succotash_54 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:49 pm

So between Obama taking the airwaves last week, Radioactive Smegma's acceptance speech going into triple overtime this week, and the Democratic National Convention next week, Battlebots is gonna need a fucking miracle to survive this season. Fucking politicians. A full month between episodes, that's rough on any show that's having trouble finding its stride.

succotash_54

Battlebots

Post by succotash_54 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:03 pm

Okay, we're actually getting a West Coast feed running extremely off-cycle. But hey, I'll take it.

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Battlebots

Post by That Kode Guy » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:52 am

oh what the fuckkkkkkkkk
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Battlebots

Post by Venice Queen » Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:51 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>succotash_54</dt><dd>Jul 21 2016, 11:03 PM</dd></dl><div>Okay, we're actually getting a West Coast feed running extremely off-cycle. But hey, I'll take it.[/quote]damn I missed that :/ ah well, youtube fights work.

apparently we only lost .5 million viewers this week, which is damned good considering half the nation couldn't watch it
‽ ROBOTICS
CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//Nick's Fuzzy Rules -- -- Hobbyweight//Bot-o-Rama//Buzzkill -- -- Arbitraryweight//D12//Listen Here, Grandad, This Is America, Everyone Here Eats Ass

Bots that I think are better than my actual champions: Chimera // Venice Queen // Cuddle Time!

V900? Wheres V1-899 ~NickyDustyOwl
fridge ~ V900

Wasn't Ted Bundy physically attractive though? ~Superbomb122
get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

clutch

Battlebots

Post by clutch » Sat Jul 23, 2016 6:24 pm

I've been going over to my Mom's house to watch it, and when Obongo took the airwaves to talk about racism in America I think she was even more pissed than I was, ahahaha&#33; What a huge bummer. That goodness that in central time it aired properly this week.

Was anyone else super impressed by Complete Control *finally* showing us a proper fire KO? That's the only time I've ever seen a flamethrower do anything. It was awesome.
Then again, his KO this week was pretty fiery, too. Image

Siphai

Battlebots

Post by Siphai » Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:12 pm

if you live on the west coast its bout to be delayed by 40~ min again lol. east coast superiority