Battlebots

Speak freely but don't be stupid about it or you'll find yourself on the last train to Clarksville, ya dumbass.
The Mangle

Battlebots

Post by The Mangle » Sat Jul 30, 2016 3:15 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Jul 29 2016, 12:37 AM</dd></dl><div>Don't know why though, I felt it was the clear winner of the fight with Stinger. Like, there's not a whole lot you can do if you can't lift your opponent and you lose a wheel about halfway through, along with the later shoving matches.[/quote]The easiest way I found to explain it is by using the 1982 and 2011 versions of The Thing. Stinger will be the 1982 version and Mega Tento the 2011 version.

The 1982 version was made on what Hollywood would now say as a "small to medium budget." Only one effect wasn't made by the main guy, rather it was made by a friend of his (the guy who did The Terminators, the mini-bot) but asked not to be credited. It had a couple of its scenes removed because it might have caused the fandom it a few problems and it may of had a bumps and scratches, but it recovered. The reason why it bombed at the box office is because it got pair against ET (Bite Force) and lost due to their differences.

The 2011 version was made on a typical modern Hollywood budget. The main reason why it ended up a lot different than what was expected was because the producers muddled around with the film and its script and this what cost it dearly. Most of the animatronics were painted over by CGI and the film ended up being about US people and not Norwegians, like the film was originally. The film also contradicted the original so much (it was so post to be prequel) that it couldn't and shouldn't be counted as canon and yet it is. The reason why this one bombed is because it fell into typical Hollywood tropes and because it just copied and pasted from the previous film.

Good explanation?

Siphai

Battlebots

Post by Siphai » Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:43 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>The Mangle</dt><dd>Jul 29 2016, 12:39 PM</dd></dl><div>NEWS-

Possible Season 3 Aggression rules have been changed so that people using a wedge and not their primary weapon(s) will not be punished by the judges. Here is quote from VestedUTUber, a guy that managed to a chat/talk with Greg-

"I actually talked to Greg Munson, and he's going to bring up a possible second change to the judge's scoring system to split the aggression points so that aggression itself is worth one point and active weapon use tacks on an additional point. It would prevent people from being punished for using anti-spinner strategies while still encouraging active weapon usage."

This is going to very and very important...[/quote]That's exactly what I said in my earlier post. The changing of the rules is why Chomp beat DOI, why Razorback beat whoever he fought in the first round, etc. As much as I'm glad they're taking the effort to balance rammers in this season, I don't like the fact that a lot of BiteForce's wins would've probably been losses under these rules last year.

The Mangle

Battlebots

Post by The Mangle » Sat Jul 30, 2016 12:05 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Siphai</dt><dd>Jul 30 2016, 09:43 AM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>The Mangle</dt><dd>Jul 29 2016, 12:39 PM</dd></dl><div>NEWS-

Possible Season 3 Aggression rules have been changed so that people using a wedge and not their primary weapon(s) will not be punished by the judges. Here is quote from VestedUTUber, a guy that managed to a chat/talk with Greg-

"I actually talked to Greg Munson, and he's going to bring up a possible second change to the judge's scoring system to split the aggression points so that aggression itself is worth one point and active weapon use tacks on an additional point. It would prevent people from being punished for using anti-spinner strategies while still encouraging active weapon usage."

This is going to very and very important...[/quote]That's exactly what I said in my earlier post. The changing of the rules is why Chomp beat DOI, why Razorback beat whoever he fought in the first round, etc. As much as I'm glad they're taking the effort to balance rammers in this season, I don't like the fact that a lot of BiteForce's wins would've probably been losses under these rules last year.[/quote]I to don't like this new rule for season 2 and hope that a season 3 does occur with the new aggression rule. If the old rule was still there then Disk O'Inferno, Sawblaze, Stinger and a few others would've benefitted from this. If the new rule was in place in season 1, then yes Bite Force's wins against Warhead, Overhaul and Tombstone would've ended in loses. I also feel like the main reason for the controversial judges decisions is because of that female judge. If they replaced her with the guys from Blendo and put the judges in a more Strictly come Dancing (or something like that) type of judging where one judge is the "head" judge and is the main factor in split judges decisions (2-2, with the head judges vote counting as 2, making 3-2) and would reduce controversy.

Having said that, one thing I would like to have an explanation for is the wildcards and why they get high seeding. I can understand why Witch Doctor and Overhaul had high seeding, but unless I'm missing something, Warhead and Chomp shouldn't have made it through to round 2 on wildcards. I would've preferred Shrederator, Complete Control, Nightmare and Razorback. The season 2 wildcards sort of make sense - Lock-Jaw and Lucky held up well in their matches, whilst robots like Nightmare and Blacksmith were given impossible round 1 matches and had great resilience against most of the other robots. However, I and many others can't understand why Sabretooth Turtle-Cat and I'm-a-huge-slash-massive-lady-bug got wildcards for doing nothing. Many good robots got left out for robots that preformed worse and then some began lose, in rather ironic and humorous fashion.

I'm going to be massively curious as to what happens for season 3. Maybe a weight increase. Maybe the removal of the active weapon rule (unlikely). Maybe a new way to get wildcards. Maybe things could ponder upon and you still be wrong...

Siphai

Battlebots

Post by Siphai » Sat Jul 30, 2016 2:33 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>The Mangle</dt><dd>Jul 30 2016, 12:05 PM</dd></dl><div>I also feel like the main reason for the controversial judges decisions is because of that female judge. If they replaced her with the guys from Blendo and put the judges in a more Strictly come Dancing (or something like that) type of judging where one judge is the "head" judge and is the main factor in split judges decisions (2-2, with the head judges vote counting as 2, making 3-2) and would reduce controversy.[/quote]yeah no. i think its funny to joke about sjw shit with all the ghostbusters and whatever else is going on, and say that chomp and whoever else is only winning because of feminism, but i don't think anyone really cares and most of the robots that have benefited/been shafted by this have male drivers (donald hudson especially has been boned). if anything i think i've found that people think its more offensive that motherfuckin vernon davis is a judge.

that said, once the new rule system came to light, most people seem to agree that the judges are fine and are actually very consistent and in keeping with the new rules. now they all just hate the new rules

Siphai

Battlebots

Post by Siphai » Sat Jul 30, 2016 2:36 pm

They did say they were going to tweak the Aggression category such that it wouldn't actively detract points if you used a wedge, and give additional points for scoring hits with an active weapon, which seems like a step in the right direction

Siphai

Battlebots

Post by Siphai » Sat Jul 30, 2016 2:38 pm

Brutus vs Lockjaw was defintely the most egregious case of this in this season though. Brutus's weapon never hit anything once, and then broke down later in the fight. Lockjaw dominated with his wedge, got Brutus onto the screws, and then used his weapon late in the match. He would've had to score extreme negative points to lose that. At least Razorback's drum actually hit Sawblaze and caused sparks

Hiicantpk

Battlebots

Post by Hiicantpk » Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:15 pm

Ok, lets be real here. When a drum with a tooth coming up vertical gets under a HS's weapon, that thing is getting ripped upwards. Wonder if the same thing will apply if Minotaur makes the finals and ends up against Tombstone.
".. if Kody is removing OOTAs, I'm flying to Canada for the sole purpose of taking a shit down his chimney. :v: " - GF93

Team 57

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Battlebots

Post by Venice Queen » Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:19 pm

harder to do it to a bar than it is to a disc.
‽ ROBOTICS
CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//Nick's Fuzzy Rules -- -- Hobbyweight//Bot-o-Rama//Buzzkill -- -- Arbitraryweight//D12//Listen Here, Grandad, This Is America, Everyone Here Eats Ass

Bots that I think are better than my actual champions: Chimera // Venice Queen // Cuddle Time!

V900? Wheres V1-899 ~NickyDustyOwl
fridge ~ V900

Wasn't Ted Bundy physically attractive though? ~Superbomb122
get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Battlebots

Post by GF93 » Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:18 am

Not even been a day since it's aired, and already the Minotaur fanboys make me want to puke.
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Battlebots

Post by That Kode Guy » Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:30 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Aug 5 2016, 11:18 AM</dd></dl><div>Not even been a day since it's aired, and already the Minotaur fanboys make me want to puke.[/quote]I want Minotaur to lose as much as the next guy, but I knew Warhead would get its ass kicked. :v:
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Battlebots

Post by GF93 » Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:34 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>KodeBreaker</dt><dd>Aug 5 2016, 11:30 AM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Aug 5 2016, 11:18 AM</dd></dl><div>Not even been a day since it's aired, and already the Minotaur fanboys make me want to puke.[/quote]I want Minotaur to lose as much as the next guy, but I knew Warhead would get its ass kicked. :v:[/quote]Eh, it's not so much the fact it lost that bothers me- in some ways, Warhead did get off pretty light compared to Photon Storm and Blacksmith (IE. Being allowed to stay on its side after having the weapon broken rather than being outright annihilated like the former two were), and the Minotaur guys themselves were very gracious about it afterwards, so props to them for that and winning as handily as they did.

It's just the Minotaur fanboys really, that piss me off. I mean, people get at me for being a bad loser, but I've always found bad winners to be so much worse. At least when people lose, you can kind of understand WHY they'd be acting like such assholes.
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

Siphai

Battlebots

Post by Siphai » Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:42 am

Minotaur ftw

Wolf51-50

Battlebots

Post by Wolf51-50 » Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:59 am

The only bot possible that could beat Minotaur and Tombstone could possibly be Poison Arrow, since it's overachieved many times over
Alpha Robotics - Embrace the carnage!

Recent Tournaments:

ROBOT2
FW: Apocalyptic Peacekeeper (2-3)
LW: Backstab 3 (3-3) [Lifetime 11-8]
MW: Outrage 2 (4-1) [Lifetime 6-3]
HW: Tulta Munille (3-2)

Ruination: The Upheavel
LW: White Lightning (1-6) [Lifetime 4-8]
MW: Diablo Genesis (5-3) [Lifetime 10-5]
HW: Coup de Grâce (2-5) [Lifetime 13-9]
SHW: Fenrir (6-2) [Lifetime 7-3]

Reckoning: The Revival
MW: Vovoka (4-1) [Lifetime 10-3]

tune in next time on ARC when I one-up Boto by posting my vast collection of Thomas The Tank Engine hentai on the Discord :V -HFL

Siphai

Battlebots

Post by Siphai » Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:05 am

How have they been bad winners

The Mangle

Battlebots

Post by The Mangle » Sat Aug 06, 2016 12:36 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Aug 5 2016, 11:34 AM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>KodeBreaker</dt><dd>Aug 5 2016, 11:30 AM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Aug 5 2016, 11:18 AM</dd></dl><div>Not even been a day since it's aired, and already the Minotaur fanboys make me want to puke.[/quote]I want Minotaur to lose as much as the next guy, but I knew Warhead would get its ass kicked. :v:[/quote]Eh, it's not so much the fact it lost that bothers me- in some ways, Warhead did get off pretty light compared to Photon Storm and Blacksmith (IE. Being allowed to stay on its side after having the weapon broken rather than being outright annihilated like the former two were), and the Minotaur guys themselves were very gracious about it afterwards, so props to them for that and winning as handily as they did.

It's just the Minotaur fanboys really, that piss me off. I mean, people get at me for being a bad loser, but I've always found bad winners to be so much worse. At least when people lose, you can kind of understand WHY they'd be acting like such assholes.[/quote]Sounds just like me and my internet connection. All things aside, I can see where you're coming from, as typically fanboys can be really annoying and can often cause massive problems to other people. However, the main reason why the fanboys of Minitaur are acting like they are is probably due to the fact that Team Razer's robots often end the match in one piece, not spread around the arena. I mean Poison Arrow fans believe said robot could beat anyone due to killing SOW. Yet if tell them the actual reason why SOW died, they go "nope nope nope" and so on and so on.

This appears to be a reoccurring theme in the world. Everything that is a reality show, has the "murder is everywhere" camera and involves a big "upset" becomes the big news and everything else becomes get left behind.