Introduction Thread

Speak freely but don't be stupid about it or you'll find yourself on the last train to Clarksville, ya dumbass.
NFX

Introduction Thread

Post by NFX » Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:09 am

I figured we could use one of these, with the recent influx of newer members. Just somewhere to tell us about yourselves and let the other members get to know you a little. That's pretty much the gist of the thread, let's see how it goes. :)
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

Braveheart / Crash Blossom / Depth Charge / Broken Ghost / Murder Death Unit / Agent X

RoBattle
Override - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 3 pts
MiDAS - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 0 pts

it was a gigantic masturbation of polygons :v - That Kode Guy

Cha0sFerret

Introduction Thread

Post by Cha0sFerret » Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:11 pm

Guess I'll go first. I go by Cha0sFerret online. Internet people usually shorten it to Cha0s. Real name is Brad. I'm in my second year at the University of South Florida working toward a degree in IT. I started out as a mechanical engineering major but Calc 2 basically ended that for me.

I first got into combat robotics when I was 5. Battlebots had just hit TV and my parents would let me stay up late to watch it. I had no idea what was going on, I just loved watching hunks of metal rip each other apart. After Battlebots stopped airing I watched Robot Wars, but that also went off television eventually. When Battlebots came back in June you cannot imagine how hyped up I was. It was also a great opportunity to introduce my 8-year-old niece to one of my favorite interests. She's now as into it as I am and even helps me work on fantasy bot designs. Currently I have plans to build a beetleweight 2WD pusher. I just need to buy the parts for it and I can get started.

I don't have much experience in fantasy bot competitions, just one practice fight against NFX's Cryoseism that I lost 24-21. This week in Hammerfall I'm fighting a fellow ARC newbie: The_Angry_Goat.

As far as other interests go, I play Smash Bros. Usually 4, but sometimes I dig up my Gamecube stuff and play Melee. My mains are Marth in Melee and Fox/DeDeDe in 4. I used to play Minecraft all the time. Not so much anymore, but I still enjoy a round of UHC every so often. I also play Humans versus Zombies every semester. Here is the trailer for a past game so you can see what that's about.
Last edited by Cha0sFerret on Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
poopity scoop

Badnik96

Introduction Thread

Post by Badnik96 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:23 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Cha0sFerret</dt><dd>Sep 15 2015, 05:11 PM</dd></dl><div>I used to play Minecraft all the time. Not so much anymore, but I still enjoy a round of UHC every so often.[/quote]holy shit i didn't think anyone else here had even heard of UHC

i play occasionally, usually with friends. I suck though :v:
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ

Toxic

Introduction Thread

Post by Toxic » Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:47 pm

Just wanna say that I am so glad that we have a lot of new, quality members coming over from Hammerfall.

This forum has been a part of my life for 13 years or so, so it's really cool to see a bit of a revitalization.

MadBull

Introduction Thread

Post by MadBull » Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:52 am

Hello, I am Martijn, I am new here.

NFX

Introduction Thread

Post by NFX » Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:14 pm

Hello Martijn. I am Nick. I shall be joining these forums in three weeks.
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

Braveheart / Crash Blossom / Depth Charge / Broken Ghost / Murder Death Unit / Agent X

RoBattle

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Introduction Thread

Post by Venice Queen » Sun Nov 22, 2015 1:50 pm

the things I dont notice on this website
‽ ROBOTICS
CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//Nick's Fuzzy Rules -- -- Hobbyweight//Bot-o-Rama//Buzzkill -- -- Arbitraryweight//D12//Listen Here, Grandad, This Is America, Everyone Here Eats Ass

Bots that I think are better than my actual champions: Chimera // Venice Queen // Cuddle Time!

V900? Wheres V1-899 ~NickyDustyOwl
fridge ~ V900

Wasn't Ted Bundy physically attractive though? ~Superbomb122
get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

Shaba117
Team: Team Stealth Productions

Introduction Thread

Post by Shaba117 » Sun Nov 22, 2015 5:15 pm

Hello, ARCers&#33;

Yep, Shaba117 from the Hammerfall tournament. Unfortunately, my entry, Nachtfalke, was eliminated this past week. I look forward to designing some entries for FRR: Backlash. Hopefully, I will have time to acclimate myself to a CAD program and have some really awesome designs to enter&#33;

Background: I'm 33, female, and an avid combat robotics fan who first became interested during the original Comedy Central series during 2000-2001. At the time, I had graduated from High School and enlisted in the U.S. Air Force. Battlebots was definitely my favorite show at the time and was always excited for the next episode. Vlad the Impaler and BioHazard were my favorites at the time. It was after S3 that my interest had started to wane and I don't think I watched much of the last two seasons after that (I think it was just missing too many episodes due to deployments and stuff) and I quickly forgot about the whole thing.

Fast forward to February 2015-I kept seeing stuff about Battlebots and that ABC was returning the show to television. Now, I went on YouTube and looked up a couple of classic fights and thought 'Well, how is ABC going to do this?' Knowing that being on a major network in a Prime time slot, that it would probably end up being more reality TV than an actual competition, so, I held my breath.

Well, I was wrong&#33; The new S1 (or S6, if you're counting the original series) totally blew me away. Yeah, there are many complaints about 'too much talk, not enough fight', but you just can't please everyone&#33; I loved getting to know the competitors and the fact that not all of them have scientific/engineering backgrounds. Also, ABC actually handled this pretty seriously, which was the opposite of how Comedy Central treated it, which was largely a joke, IMO. About the only negative thing about the new series was that it was so short&#33; Now we're getting another season with double the entries, so that will make for a longer season, yay&#33;

Oh, and I have a new favorite now-Tombstone. The destruction&#33;

I would badly love to create an actual entry, but costs and stuff-maybe an antweight someday. For now, at least I can design and enter into fantasy tournaments. ARC seems like an awesome site with many longtime members and simply wonderful designs&#33;

Be prepared, though-Team Stealth will wreak havoc in 2016&#33;

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Introduction Thread

Post by That Kode Guy » Sun Nov 22, 2015 5:17 pm

Welcome to the forum, Shaba&#33; Looking forward to what you'll cook up. :cool:

Yeah, Battlebots 2015 definitely exceeded my expectations. The only things that really bothered me were the wild card seedings and the drama regarding Overhaul.
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

NFX

Introduction Thread

Post by NFX » Sun Nov 22, 2015 5:52 pm

Welcome to the boards, Shaba. =) Hopefully you can stick around, Nachtfalke was very promising for a first entry. I actually felt quite bad when I beat it. XD If you're looking for other tournaments to enter, there's both the FRR: Backlash tournament, and my own Mech Mash tournament. (shameless plug :v: )

With the most recent Battlebots ABC tournament, I think ABC tried to add too much fake drama about the matches, almost as if they were taking it too seriously. If they can strike a balance between the last season and the way Comedy Central did it, I think that would be best. Remove the daft statistics before the matches, for example. We know how to do statistics around here.
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

RoBattle

MadBull

Introduction Thread

Post by MadBull » Sun Nov 22, 2015 6:01 pm

welcome Shaba, I am Tony Politzi, erotic stage magician and writer of aggressive haikus, welcome

MadBull

Introduction Thread

Post by MadBull » Sun Nov 22, 2015 6:10 pm

just kidding, I am Martijn, writer of aggressive haikus

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Introduction Thread

Post by Venice Queen » Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:34 pm

give us an example of your work, Martijn
‽ ROBOTICS
CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//Nick's Fuzzy Rules -- -- Hobbyweight//Bot-o-Rama//Buzzkill -- -- Arbitraryweight//D12//Listen Here, Grandad, This Is America, Everyone Here Eats Ass

Bots that I think are better than my actual champions: Chimera // Venice Queen // Cuddle Time!

V900? Wheres V1-899 ~NickyDustyOwl
fridge ~ V900

Wasn't Ted Bundy physically attractive though? ~Superbomb122
get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

Meganew

Introduction Thread

Post by Meganew » Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:08 am

What happened to Tony? He'll always hold a place in my heart for giving the FRA vs ARC thing a chance.

Badnik96

Introduction Thread

Post by Badnik96 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:14 am

You were around when he ragequit because his stupid entries for Armageddon got rejected, werent you?
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ