The last gasp

Speak freely but don't be stupid about it or you'll find yourself on the last train to Clarksville, ya dumbass.
That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

The last gasp

Post by That Kode Guy » Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:06 am

Okay guys. Here goes my last real effort at a tourney idea...

I said in the "rip arc" thread that I'd try getting something going before/during the holidays. And I will. The course block I'm in right now is very passive and, after a good read through the course outline, will be easy to get through compared to what I've had to do lately. This block goes on throughout the next two months so I'm going to try and host something. Don't expect any fight screenshots, though, Rhino's recently crapped out on me. (but I'll have to fix that anyway provided there's ever another ARC, FRR or other tourney)

I want a good discussion on what people want and can agree on, so I can get a good stat formula, and a good schedule and format for line-ups. Provided any of you guys are still out there checking this board, please post here and tell me your ideas, suggestions, and whatnot.
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

Sparkey989

The last gasp

Post by Sparkey989 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:23 am

I would be down for doing something strictly for SHW bots.

Granted the weight class a robot is in has always been relative to all of the other bots on the team, but I guess it could open up some creativity for designing things that are supposed to be massive.

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

The last gasp

Post by GF93 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:35 pm

Another tournament, eh? Sounds good- If I can get something made, I'll definitely enter.
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

NFX

The last gasp

Post by NFX » Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:55 pm

Awesome, I'll probably be entering this one. For the sake of speed and simplicity, we could just use the FRR Dead Zone stat system and brackets, the round robin thing. Also helps prevent poorer bots fluking their way further than better designed machines.
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

Braveheart / Crash Blossom / Depth Charge / Broken Ghost / Murder Death Unit / Agent X

RoBattle
Override - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 3 pts
MiDAS - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 0 pts

it was a gigantic masturbation of polygons :v - That Kode Guy

GF93

The last gasp

Post by GF93 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:06 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NFX</dt><dd>Nov 21 2012&#44; 04:55 PM</dd></dl><div> Awesome, I'll probably be entering this one. For the sake of speed and simplicity, we could just use the FRR Dead Zone stat system and brackets, the round robin thing. Also helps prevent poorer bots fluking their way further than better designed machines. [/quote]
Yup, I think the FRR Dead Zone stat system would work well- I've designed my latest batch of robots around them, so it'd be convenient at least ;D
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

That Kode Guy

The last gasp

Post by That Kode Guy » Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:58 pm

Okay, cool. That's 2 down for the tested and true four-class system, and 1 for a strictly SHW shindig, both of which I am totally fine with. To be honest, though, I was just going to go along with the previous stat system since it worked so well.

I'll try and rustle up as many of the others as I can, but they're most likely busy living their lives at the moment. I'll probably at the very least get Josh in, though, which would be awesome enough. Also, I'm getting a bit weary of the "Crash & Burn" moniker, so I'll try a different name for this particular league, if it gets off the ground.

What designs do you guys have in mind, by the way? Me, I'll just probably throw in the same team I have for Lian's Crazy Bots thing since Rhino fucked me over.

GF93

The last gasp

Post by GF93 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:37 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>KodeBreaker</dt><dd>Nov 21 2012&#44; 05:58 PM</dd></dl><div> What designs do you guys have in mind, by the way? Me, I'll just probably throw in the same team I have for Lian's Crazy Bots thing since Rhino fucked me over. [/quote]
I've got a couple of designs based on drawings from some of my old notebooks which I've scanned. Once I've got the CADS ready (I have one or two more to provide, and hopefully my lovely assistant Nick could help me with rendering them), I'll get them here and decide which ones to enter.

I mean, I could go with Marauder, but I do have some other interesting designs waiting in the wings, too, so it might be tricky to decide.
But hey, as long as they can take out Sparkbutt along the way though, I should be happy with whatever I choose :P
ICE³ ROBOTICS

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

The last gasp

Post by NWOWWE » Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:16 pm

Count me in for the FRR system. I think it worked pretty well.

What I'd enter would probably depend on if I can come up with any new designs.
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

NFX

The last gasp

Post by NFX » Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:42 am

I'll probably enter some combination of previous designs, maybe with the weight classes shuffled around a little. Hopefully we can get enough entrants to get this going. =)
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

Braveheart / Crash Blossom / Depth Charge / Broken Ghost / Murder Death Unit / Agent X

RoBattle
Override - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 3 pts
MiDAS - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 0 pts

it was a gigantic masturbation of polygons :v - That Kode Guy

GF93

The last gasp

Post by GF93 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:59 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NWOWWE</dt><dd>Nov 21 2012&#44; 11:16 PM</dd></dl><div> Count me in for the FRR system. I think it worked pretty well.

What I'd enter would probably depend on if I can come up with any new designs. [/quote]
Yes&#33; Good to see you entering, too. As long as I don't have to worry about Dr Robotnik's spinning Pingas, it'll be good to challenge you again :P

I'll give a heads up to Badnik too, in case he wants to enter.
ICE³ ROBOTICS

Badnik96

The last gasp

Post by Badnik96 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:40 pm

Totally up for this, FRR stats and four weight classes sounds good.
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ

That Kode Guy

The last gasp

Post by That Kode Guy » Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:09 am

Alright, so that's four for the FRR system; four people so far for this tournament. That's more than I expected and I thank thee dearly for it, but I don't think we may get too many people beyond that. Not counting myself, maybe six...it's always good to be surprised here though.

Another question, who would be up for writing matches? I would likely only need 1 or 2 people alongside me for this.

GF93

The last gasp

Post by GF93 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:18 pm

Ah, good to see Badnik here, too- seems that a bit of "word-of-mouth" advertising is working like a charm&#33;

I'll contact Foxtop and VEVO as well to see if they're up for it.
ICE³ ROBOTICS

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

The last gasp

Post by NWOWWE » Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:25 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>KodeBreaker</dt><dd>Nov 23 2012&#44; 11:09 AM</dd></dl><div> Another question, who would be up for writing matches? I would likely only need 1 or 2 people alongside me for this. [/quote]
I should be able to help out with that.

Also, I'll see if I can get Chris to join as well. I'm not sure how often he looks at the boards anymore (if at all).
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

GF93

The last gasp

Post by GF93 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:32 pm

All right, I've let VEVO (Prince Palpatine on here) and Foxtop know about it, so hopefully we might see some replies from them, too.
ICE³ ROBOTICS