Help us save FRA fanfic

Speak freely but don't be stupid about it or you'll find yourself on the last train to Clarksville, ya dumbass.
prince palatine

Help us save FRA fanfic

Post by prince palatine » Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:04 pm

Hey guys this is really important to me.

Me and Kody are extremely worried FRA fanfic is coming to an end, i know there is alot of animosity between ARC and FRA, but we need your help to keep it alive, it can't keep relying on me, Joey and Kody to keep it going.

Please help us and put the rivarly behind

Thanks for your time,
Lian

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Help us save FRA fanfic

Post by NWOWWE » Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:23 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>prince palatine</dt><dd>Apr 16 2010&#44; 04:04 PM</dd></dl><div> Hey guys this is really important to me.

Me and Kody are extremely worried FRA fanfic is coming to an end, i know there is alot of animosity between ARC and FRA, but we need your help to keep it alive, it can't keep relying on me, Joey and Kody to keep it going.

Please help us and put the rivarly behind

Thanks for your time,
Lian [/quote]
Actually I think that the "animosity" merely exists between specific people. Case in point when people like Kody (and Tracy and Tony) left Aftermath in extremely negitive moods, and have not returned since. I think that people here would be willing to help out in some way, but there would need to be a reestablishment of communication between all parties. (That and specifics on how we could help would be useful as well.)
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

prince palatine

Help us save FRA fanfic

Post by prince palatine » Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:27 pm

The problem is that we only have like 3 people (me included) Actually posting and keeping our fanfic alive. Look in Kody's disscussion thread on his site for more details

ACAMS

Help us save FRA fanfic

Post by ACAMS » Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:44 pm

Area51Escapee

Help us save FRA fanfic

Post by Area51Escapee » Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:11 pm

I'm sorry, but this "rivalry" is bullshit. Not a single high ranking or well respected member of ARC (that I am aware of) has done something to indicate strong "animosity" towards FRA. I asked once innocently what this might be, because I thought there was a good reason and I'm not even sure if I ever got an actual response back.

When you think about, there's no reason FRA and ARC should be rivals anyways, since we're both working towards a common goal. What I really don't understand is the seemingly constant hatred brewing in some. Like when Joey will randomly say "It's against my blood to side with ARC". Ummm. What?

I don't want to single out FRA all together, especially since there are people like Lian, Martijn, Lewis and AJ who are all really cool. I just can't get behind the place until I know what's the deal.

After that, I'll do what I can to help out.

succotash_54

Help us save FRA fanfic

Post by succotash_54 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:54 am

Yeah, how do we know that we'd even be welcome there? We have no animosity towards anyone at FRA, but we got told they hate us. Eh?&#33;?&#33;

BEES

Help us save FRA fanfic

Post by BEES » Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:14 am

I say get everyone onto one site.

This site has a better interface and is just better all around than FRA. I would miss it.

Andrewbot

Help us save FRA fanfic

Post by Andrewbot » Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:18 am

What's FRA?

joeychevron

Help us save FRA fanfic

Post by joeychevron » Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:10 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Andrewbot</dt><dd>Apr 17 2010&#44; 08:18 AM</dd></dl><div> What's FRA? [/quote]
It's ARC with realism, I like to think :P

ajrobotics

Help us save FRA fanfic

Post by ajrobotics » Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:40 pm

FRA fanfic isn't coming to an end at all. Where has this idea come from?

It's getting towards the end of the academic year - people are doing coursework, assignments and exams. Naturally, this is going to slow activity down, it always has and it always will. Activity will resume again in the summer, again, like it always does. The levels of activity aren't exactly low at the moment either. Kody has just started his predictions tournament, you're still running Crazy Bots and people are still reading and posting. We have even had two members re-join in the past few days. I understand why you're concerned but there's no need to be.

Also, there is no animosity and rivalry between ARC and FRA. Okay, some members disagree with each other, but that's life. Some people prefer one style to the other and others enjoy both. Just like many people from the FRA forum have come here to compete in ARC, I believe that ARC members would be equally welcomed at FRA. But it's a more difficult transition to make, and I think that's why we don't see it as often.

FRA fanfic isn't coming to an end and there is no rivalry between FRA and ARC. Don't worry.

:)

prince palatine

Help us save FRA fanfic

Post by prince palatine » Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:56 am

Thanks for that AJ, me and Kody were only worried because there wasn't alot of activity going on in the last week or 2 (beside's that RW quiz),i understand that people have exams and stuff, but (im probably wrong about this) Theres not many things going on since Mark got banned, activity went down, sure things are still going well, but we do have a relatively small fanfic community.

Also about this rivalry, i was told that there was massive arguement and (someone tell me the definition of this) flame war that lasted a while.

But i dont see any problem between us, i mean i've got plenty of friends hereand on FRA, you all just seem to nice to have a flame war.

Thats all im gonna say for the moment.

Meganew

Help us save FRA fanfic

Post by Meganew » Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:10 am

That's because when it was shown that the FanFic moderators were willing to ban people(even if they had made a large mistake), even though FanFic was deteriorating, most people just decided to quit.

After I was banned, almost all tournaments ground to a halt, and that's the case now.

Admittingly, since it was me banned, there might be a bit of bias, but still.

joeychevron

Help us save FRA fanfic

Post by joeychevron » Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:16 pm

...can you tell me who decided to quit when you were banned, and where you got this information from? Either I'm very out of touch with what goes on on FRA, or you're talking bollocks...

Meganew

Help us save FRA fanfic

Post by Meganew » Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:01 pm

Samuel's gone, Jack's staring to leave, haven't seen an update from Tony in a while, neither from Martijn, Alex MW, or most of the regulars.

MadBull

Help us save FRA fanfic

Post by MadBull » Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:14 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Meganew</dt><dd>Apr 19 2010&#44; 12:01 AM</dd></dl><div> Samuel's gone, Jack's staring to leave, haven't seen an update from Tony in a while, neither from Martijn, Alex MW, or most of the regulars. [/quote]
The FRA loses activity every so often, it happens, Andy pointed it out, the academic year is coming to an end, it's a busy time for many of us. I am happy that Lian and Kody are giving some new impulses, Im liking Kody's new experimental tournament, yet Im not too worried. The vacation is closing in and I know new impulses will appear then, one of those impulses will likely come from me, cause Im still very much an active vapourboteer, it's just "one of those times" :P