Forum Game?

Speak freely but don't be stupid about it or you'll find yourself on the last train to Clarksville, ya dumbass.
Toxic

Forum Game?

Post by Toxic » Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:30 am

So their is a game on another forum I go to and I think its actually pretty funny not to mention fun, so I figured that I would attempt to import it over here to try to spark some life in here.

If you're new to the game, here's how it works:

Groups of 7 or 9 or 11 people are formed. Group numbers will be based upon the number of people interested. Once groups are formed, the game begins.

In each group:

1) Player 1 creates a sentence and sends it to Player 2 and myself.
2) Player 2 creates a picture based on Player 1's sentence to Player 3 and myself.
3) Player 3 creates a sentence based on Player 2's picture to Player 4 and myself.

We continue like this, alternating between a sentence and a picture until we wrap around to player one, at which point the people who have created sentences will get the chance to make a picture, and the people who made pictures will get the chance to create a sentence.

When everyone has made their picture and their sentence, I'll post the results in here. Due to a Chinese whispers effect, the end result is usually hilarious.

Rules:
1) Players must remember not to tell/show anyone apart from the following player and myself their picture/sentence.
2) Only one sentence is to be created by players. Anything more makes it too complex.

If you'd like to play, post in this thread now, but please make sure you'll have enough free time to come up with a sentence and a picture.

You can use in form of drawing you like...Freehand, paint, Cad, etc, etc...anything is fair game.

I'll keep this up for about a week and if anybody wants to participate, we'll go on. Even if we don't have enough for teams, I figure we can just have 1 big team if anything and just keep going on and on with it.

Here's a reference just in case anyone is confused: Right Here

Area51Escapee

Forum Game?

Post by Area51Escapee » Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:57 am

Sounds like fun. Is there a time limit to getting your pics and such in?

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Forum Game?

Post by NWOWWE » Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:28 am

Sounds like it could be fun, I'm game.
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

StarlessSoldier

Forum Game?

Post by StarlessSoldier » Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:10 am

I'm in.

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Forum Game?

Post by That Kode Guy » Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:29 am

I'm up for it.
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

succotash_54

Forum Game?

Post by succotash_54 » Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:12 am

sure

Sparkey989

Forum Game?

Post by Sparkey989 » Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:54 am

Count me in

Toxic

Forum Game?

Post by Toxic » Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:24 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Area51Escapee</dt><dd>Feb 20 2010&#44; 07:57 AM</dd></dl><div> Sounds like fun. Is there a time limit to getting your pics and such in?

So far we have seven people. If we can get one more person, we'll do two groups of four, and just expand from that.Sound good to ya'll? [/quote]
I figure once its your turn to try to get the picture drawn in 5-7 days? That way if anybody wants to put a lot of detail into their picture they wouldnt have to rush it at all. If ya'll think thats too much time just say so though and we'll find something to suit everybody.

So far we have six people. If we can get two more people we'll do two groups of four, assuming we only get two more people. Sound good to ya'll?

MadBull

Forum Game?

Post by MadBull » Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:41 am

I'm in

joeychevron

Forum Game?

Post by joeychevron » Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:43 am

Sign me up too&#33;

Area51Escapee

Forum Game?

Post by Area51Escapee » Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:19 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Toxic</dt><dd>Feb 21 2010&#44; 12:24 PM</dd></dl><div> <blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Area51Escapee</dt><dd>Feb 20 2010&#44; 07:57 AM</dd></dl><div> Sounds like fun. Is there a time limit to getting your pics and such in?

So far we have seven people. If we can get one more person, we'll do two groups of four, and just expand from that.Sound good to ya'll? [/quote]
I figure once its your turn to try to get the picture drawn in 5-7 days? That way if anybody wants to put a lot of detail into their picture they wouldnt have to rush it at all. If ya'll think thats too much time just say so though and we'll find something to suit everybody.

So far we have six people. If we can get two more people we'll do two groups of four, assuming we only get two more people. Sound good to ya'll? [/quote]
I love how you edited it so that it looks like I said that second part. Anyways, yeah, we have 8 now so you should be good.

Toxic

Forum Game?

Post by Toxic » Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:53 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Area51Escapee</dt><dd>Feb 21 2010&#44; 11:19 AM</dd></dl><div> <blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Toxic</dt><dd>Feb 21 2010&#44; 12:24 PM</dd></dl><div> <blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Area51Escapee</dt><dd>Feb 20 2010&#44; 07:57 AM</dd></dl><div> Sounds like fun. Is there a time limit to getting your pics and such in?

So far we have six people. If we can get two more people we'll do two groups of four, assuming we only get two more people. Sound good to ya'll? [/quote]
I love how you edited it so that it looks like I said that second part. Anyways, yeah, we have 8 now so you should be good. [/quote]
Totally lost me on that 1st part there, haha. Ok, well since we have 8, I'll get the teams together and all that fun stuff and we can start this in the next day or so.

For anybody who missed out this time, just be sure to sign up for the next go around&#33;

Toxic

Forum Game?

Post by Toxic » Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:16 pm

Double post, sorry.

Scratch that...plans for the rest of the day fell through so I figured I'd just go ahead and do the teams. I think their pretty evenly balanced for the most part.

Team AR-FUCKING-C:
Area51Escapee
Kodebreaker
JoeyChevron
StarlessSoldier

Team BLADE TO THING??&#33;&#33; Confrontation:
Madbull
Sparkey989
Succotash_54
NWOWWE

Thats the order that we'll go in. So, Chris goes first for team 1, Kodebreaker, etc. Same thing for Team 2. You can now officially start whenever you like. When you are done with your pictures/sentence, remember to PM it to me and the person next in line.
Lets see how this turns out&#33; I look forward to getting all of your pictures&#33; First team to get completely done wins&#33;(I might make a prize for the winners, we'll see)

This topic can also be used as the discussion for the game, along with thinking up names for your team with your teammates.

Area51Escapee

Forum Game?

Post by Area51Escapee » Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:22 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Toxic</dt><dd>Feb 21 2010&#44; 06:53 PM</dd></dl><div> Totally lost me on that 1st part there, haha. [/quote]
Hehe, yeah, all I meant was that you put text in my quote box that was stuff I hadn't even said. It's all good, though. I just thought it was kind of amusing.

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>Scratch that...plans for the rest of the day fell through so I figured I'd just go ahead and do the teams. I think their pretty evenly balanced for the most part.[/quote]

Yay, I get to start.

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Forum Game?

Post by That Kode Guy » Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:27 pm

Urgh I'm a horrible picture drawer :P
This account is in a state of dimensional flux