playzookis robots

Post any technical advice and/or bot building related topics on here.
playzooki

playzookis robots

Post by playzooki » Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:05 am

im gonna build an ant!

playzooki

playzookis robots

Post by playzooki » Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:44 pm

progress!!!!

ImageImage

The internals will be put inside, more wheel slots will be cut and the front screwed on tommorow morning for barnsley
Last edited by playzooki on Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

playzooki

playzookis robots

Post by playzooki » Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:36 am

worst robot ever is finished

playzooki

playzookis robots

Post by playzooki » Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:38 pm

aws45 was 3 weeks ago who cares lol
went 0-3, lost to carbon in the warm up, then lost to the mole and r.o.n.n.y.
at least it worked properly

Siphai

playzookis robots

Post by Siphai » Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:55 pm

lol at that wedge tho

playzooki

playzookis robots

Post by playzooki » Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:06 am

i built that the night before

i regret nothing

playzooki

playzookis robots

Post by playzooki » Sat Feb 14, 2015 3:31 pm

hey guess what jaguar went 0-2 at antfreeze 2015 and the "paintwork" was scratched ayy lmao
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDSii1R8vWs
i was also driving lionel for reasons. went 1-2
drove ant2d2 against unit cluster aka transit ant because two of his robots were facing each other. i won.

jaguar will be rebuild and there will also be a 2nd antweight

playzooki

playzookis robots

Post by playzooki » Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:24 am

Went to antfreeze 2.5 last weekend. Jaguar went 0-2 again. Flipped by ant clank IV (or ant ratchet, cant remember), then pushed around and then into the pit by baby metal. The burning shadows of silence went 1-2 after some genourous donations of bolts from Alex Shakespeare and acetate from Peter Waller. It managed to knock test robot please ignore after a couple of hits, the front armour was cracked but no other damage. It was then somehow switched off by anticyclone, even though the switch is hidden away at the bottom. In its last fight, it was outdriven by doctor power 5 and pushed off the edge. In the annihilator it got to round three, where it broke down after getting a bent gearmotor shaft, thanks to why wait? The rest of the robot was annoyingly fixed by switching it off and on again. Jaguar will hopefully be rebuilt and the burning shadows of silence will probably stay the same.

playzooki

playzookis robots

Post by playzooki » Sat Jan 23, 2016 12:23 pm

won 2 fights (1 with each robot), then promptly lost 2 by breaking down for no apparent reason (happened in tag team too), came 2nd in an annihilator then jaguar got wrecked in the rumble (fixed the electronics though, needs a rebuild anyway.)

Badnik96

playzookis robots

Post by Badnik96 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:18 pm

ouch.
Last edited by Badnik96 on Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ

playzooki

playzookis robots

Post by playzooki » Fri Jan 29, 2016 5:06 pm

actually the only thing broken was the power switch and the wedge :V
Last edited by playzooki on Fri Jan 29, 2016 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

playzooki

playzookis robots

Post by playzooki » Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:05 am

playzooki

playzookis robots

Post by playzooki » Sun May 01, 2016 4:08 pm

AWS 49-

Jaguar was more damaged than i thought - it worked ok in my bedroom, i knew the chassis was a bit bent so it wasn't quite up to scratch but it wobbled around the arena far slower than i expected. It was quickly pushed out by Termite Cluster (Peter Waller's 2wd pusher with a nanoweight partner), and then lasted longer against buffy as I adjusted my wedge to be higher than his undercutter so i could push him around a bit. Unfortunately he got me against the wall and somehow flipped me on my back with a hs. Jaguar then got destroyed in some rumbles to finally force me to retire/rebuild it. 0-2, lifetime 1-10.

The Burning Shadows, a 3d printed lifter that I only made about 10% of, first went up against Trigger, which was a robot made out of an old version of Dave Weston's Baby Hell. I was quickly pushed out as he was much quicker than me and I am quite bad at driving so i couldnt do much about him. I was then against Joey McConnell-Farber's SDF II, a 2wd pusher. After much pushing and shoving in the middle of the arena which was a bit boring (Joey asking for the snooker scores at one point), I got a good shove and to my surprise, pushed him out of the arena and won the fight. I was then up against Lemmings, a cluster that is usually made up of 6 nanoweights that was made up of just 4, luckily for me. I spent a minute trying to get one out of the arena while they pushed me around a bit but not doing much. I got 2 out, and then broke a wheel on the other. I spent another minute trying to get another out without driving off, however it was quite hard to push and i didn't want to risk driving out so i took the fight to a judges decision, winning easily. I was then pitted against Khaledius Maximus, a 2wd flipper which after a bit of pushing and shoving in the middle in which none of us got anywhere, I got a good push and pushed him out. I was then back up against Trigger. After a good start, getting round to his sides and pushing him around, he got me in the corner and used his axe to flip me against the wall and push me out of the arena, putting me out and putting him through to the last 16. The Burning Shadows went 3-2, lifetime 5-6.

I had a great time, and i will rebuild Jaguar in the near future, and work on my driving and maybe look into getting a better servo for The Burning Shadows.
Last edited by playzooki on Sun May 01, 2016 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.