NoiseyGiraffe's Bots

Get your creative juices flowing and submit your own media, art, ariticles, or whatever you think people will find at least mildly entertaining to this site. We promote intelligence.
Noisy
Team: Square Go Robotics

NoiseyGiraffe's Bots

Post by Noisy » Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:39 pm

Starting this thread so I have somewhere to post robots that haven't been entered into a tournament yet or are designs that I think wont be competitive enough.

The first design I will be showcasing is Dr. Feelgood. No prizes for guessing what influenced this design. An unashamed Razer clone with one important twist. The is a gap behind the tip of the crusher that has a flamethrower, meaning Dr. Feelgood can crush it's opponent and burn it's insides. A one hit kill is possible if it can get to the right place. There is also a small tooth above the flamethrower so it can lift an opponent. It's 4WD with omni-wheels at the back for easier skid-steering and has wings for self-righting.

Front
Crusher fully down
Straight on front view
Wings and crusher fully extended
Last edited by Noisy on Thu May 10, 2018 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cha0sFerret

NoiseyGiraffe's Bots

Post by Cha0sFerret » Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:48 pm

I'm a bit concerned about the wedge. 4WD static isn't going to be getting under much. I gotta say, though, the design looks fantastic, and it could go pretty far with the right stats and a hinged front.
poopity scoop

MassimoV

NoiseyGiraffe's Bots

Post by MassimoV » Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:03 pm

hawt

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

NoiseyGiraffe's Bots

Post by That Kode Guy » Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:29 pm

Not bad at all.
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

NoiseyGiraffe's Bots

Post by Venice Queen » Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:36 pm

if nothing else, its fucking gorgeous.

I agree with Cha0s Ferret. unless you can figure out how team Razer made their 4WD wedge so effective, and then accurately explain it so you can use it for your robot, youre probably better off just making it 2WD :P
‽ ROBOTICS
CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//Nick's Fuzzy Rules -- -- Hobbyweight//Bot-o-Rama//Buzzkill -- -- Arbitraryweight//D12//Listen Here, Grandad, This Is America, Everyone Here Eats Ass

Bots that I think are better than my actual champions: Chimera // Venice Queen // Cuddle Time!

V900? Wheres V1-899 ~NickyDustyOwl
fridge ~ V900

Wasn't Ted Bundy physically attractive though? ~Superbomb122
get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

Cha0sFerret

NoiseyGiraffe's Bots

Post by Cha0sFerret » Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:02 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>The_Angry_Goat</dt><dd>Dec 7 2015, 07:36 PM</dd></dl><div>...youre probably better off just making it 2WD :P[/quote]I'd have to disagree there. 2WD sacrifices the up-close precision that crushers desperately need. I'd be more inclined to have a hinged front wedge to keep the 4WD while still having a good wedge.
poopity scoop

Badnik96

NoiseyGiraffe's Bots

Post by Badnik96 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:15 pm

Holy crap that looks fantastic. Give it a hinged wedge and it'll be insane.
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ

NFX

NoiseyGiraffe's Bots

Post by NFX » Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:30 pm

That is a fantastic bit of CAD there, I have to say. I don't really have much to say that hasn't been brought up by the others, such as the front wedge being less than effective. Great looking machine, though, I really hope your future bots are as awesome as this one. =D
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

Braveheart / Crash Blossom / Depth Charge / Broken Ghost / Murder Death Unit / Agent X

RoBattle
Override - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 3 pts
MiDAS - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 0 pts

it was a gigantic masturbation of polygons :v - That Kode Guy

Noisy

NoiseyGiraffe's Bots

Post by Noisy » Sat Dec 12, 2015 2:02 pm

A few updates to Dr Feelgood. Biggest one is the new front wedge with all the parts in line, wings have been redesigned to be less boxy and the hook is slightly bigger. I have also figured out a way to have a hinged wedge and the 4WD. Diagram and explanation below. Also it's going to be my second entry for Mech Mash (provided there still a space)

Speed: 5 &#124; Manoeuvrability: 4 &#124; Traction: 2 &#124; Weapon Power: 7 &#124; Armour: 7

New front wedge

New wings

Size comparison with Bolt and Vertigo (RIP)

The mechanism that allows for zero ground clearance and 4WD. Basically the front wheels are independent of the chassis yet are connected and powered to the rear axle. This allows the chassis and wedge to rest on the ground, as if it was 2WD on the rears, but allows 4WD power and control.
Last edited by Noisy on Thu May 10, 2018 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NFX

NoiseyGiraffe's Bots

Post by NFX » Sat Dec 12, 2015 4:29 pm

That's a pretty ingenious way to square that particular circle. I'm not certain whether this would count as a sprung wedge or not, but the answer to that is pretty irrelevant in Mech Mash. Very nice work, I'm liking the kind of stuff you've been putting together. Keep it up. =)
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

Braveheart / Crash Blossom / Depth Charge / Broken Ghost / Murder Death Unit / Agent X

RoBattle
Override - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 3 pts
MiDAS - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 0 pts

it was a gigantic masturbation of polygons :v - That Kode Guy

Cha0sFerret

NoiseyGiraffe's Bots

Post by Cha0sFerret » Sat Dec 12, 2015 4:35 pm

That's actually pretty clever. It will be neat to see this in a tournament eventually.
poopity scoop

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

NoiseyGiraffe's Bots

Post by GF93 » Sun Dec 13, 2015 12:06 am

I'm seriously liking how you've done that, particularly with the wedge layout and all. The only thing I could recommend is perhaps adding some corner wedges (Like on Dreadnought) to expand its attacking range a bit and grant it additional protection from wedges and spinners. Other than that though, that is superb.
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

Noisy

NoiseyGiraffe's Bots

Post by Noisy » Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:24 pm

Dr Feelgood now has a little sister, Nurse Stayalive. Going to be my entry for the Sportsman class of Robot-O-Rama. Essentially a scaled down Dr Feelgood, it has all it's features; chassis hinged wedge, flamethrower in the crusher, minimal armour and a lot of weight saving. Stats TBC.

Last edited by Noisy on Thu May 10, 2018 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

NoiseyGiraffe's Bots

Post by GF93 » Wed Dec 30, 2015 9:05 pm

Sweet. I like the look of the claw and srimech, reminds me a lot of Ming 3.
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

NoiseyGiraffe's Bots

Post by Venice Queen » Wed Dec 30, 2015 9:55 pm

totally not reminiscent of Razer though :P
‽ ROBOTICS
CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//Nick's Fuzzy Rules -- -- Hobbyweight//Bot-o-Rama//Buzzkill -- -- Arbitraryweight//D12//Listen Here, Grandad, This Is America, Everyone Here Eats Ass

Bots that I think are better than my actual champions: Chimera // Venice Queen // Cuddle Time!

V900? Wheres V1-899 ~NickyDustyOwl
fridge ~ V900

Wasn't Ted Bundy physically attractive though? ~Superbomb122
get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122