‽ Robotics

Get your creative juices flowing and submit your own media, art, ariticles, or whatever you think people will find at least mildly entertaining to this site. We promote intelligence.
Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

‽ Robotics

Post by Venice Queen » Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:25 pm

so I uh, made some rather important discoveries regarding lighting

‽ ROBOTICS
CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//Nick's Fuzzy Rules -- -- Hobbyweight//Bot-o-Rama//Buzzkill -- -- Arbitraryweight//D12//Listen Here, Grandad, This Is America, Everyone Here Eats Ass

Bots that I think are better than my actual champions: Chimera // Venice Queen // Cuddle Time!

V900? Wheres V1-899 ~NickyDustyOwl
fridge ~ V900

Wasn't Ted Bundy physically attractive though? ~Superbomb122
get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

Cha0sFerret

‽ Robotics

Post by Cha0sFerret » Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:47 pm

Nice! Good lighting can make a bot look so much nicer.
poopity scoop

Venice Queen

‽ Robotics

Post by Venice Queen » Sat Oct 31, 2015 12:44 pm

So I had way too much time on my hands and made another robot (and now I'm going to be sick of designing them for a while, I feel :P)

Name uncertain (SHW):

Anti-Spinner formation (doesn't include rear hinged wedges due to weight)

180 degree lifter capable of self-righting and inverted driving. loosely based off of Wedge of Doom. rear hinged wedges just in case, exposed back wheels, hinged side skirts and front wedgelets, spikes on the front to cause a bit of extra damage. anti-spinner configuration replaces the wedgelets with hinged plows and side skirts with shock mounted side plates. may replace HWR due to the shitton of spinners in SHW for FRR

Speed: 8
Traction:7
Torque: 3
Weapon: 2
Armor: 10 (+1 to front)
‽ ROBOTICS
CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//Nick's Fuzzy Rules -- -- Hobbyweight//Bot-o-Rama//Buzzkill -- -- Arbitraryweight//D12//Listen Here, Grandad, This Is America, Everyone Here Eats Ass

Bots that I think are better than my actual champions: Chimera // Venice Queen // Cuddle Time!

fridge ~ V900

get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

Venice Queen

‽ Robotics

Post by Venice Queen » Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:03 am

:qq: no one pays attention to me :P

Updated Chimera and made it look fancy. I even did a size comparison picture!

(all the other ones will shortly be updated on the signup, so why double post them?)
‽ ROBOTICS

fridge ~ V900

get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

Venice Queen

‽ Robotics

Post by Venice Queen » Tue Nov 10, 2015 3:12 pm

Redesigned Glass Cannon, made it look more like ziggo

Also made a LW shell while I was at it. meet Ebony Cannon

‽ ROBOTICS

fridge ~ V900

get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

Venice Queen

‽ Robotics

Post by Venice Queen » Sat Nov 14, 2015 3:23 pm

Hey, look, Backgrounds!

Blade runner clone, might replace the madman with it, might not. it is a LW either way. has melty-brain tech, or can use the spatula as a wedge, wheel guards are polycarbonate, so they should hopefully flex a few times before breaking. fully invertable.

Speed: 11
Traction: 7
Torque: 2
Weapon: 2
Armor: 8
Last edited by Venice Queen on Sat Nov 14, 2015 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
‽ ROBOTICS

fridge ~ V900

get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

Venice Queen

‽ Robotics

Post by Venice Queen » Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:14 pm

I have one more LW to add here. either this or Dani will be replacing the Madman, since FRR would fuck him over something terrible

Venice Queen (LW)

4-bar lifter, should be able to self-right due to exposed back wheels, if not with the power of the lifter alone, then by driving backwards while lifted up and then stopping abruptly. fully invertable, although no wedges work upside down. the wedges flanking the lifter are hinged, as are the wedgelets on them (for extra wedgeyness). there is also a hinged lip on the lifter, to assist in getting under opponents.

Anti-spinner design- replaces the wedges with hinged plows
‽ ROBOTICS

fridge ~ V900

get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

Badnik96

‽ Robotics

Post by Badnik96 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:27 pm

Sweet as hell. I approve.
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ

Venice Queen

‽ Robotics

Post by Venice Queen » Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:18 pm

I suppose I should put this here too

Flammenwerfer (HW):

Your basic ram bot. two set-ups, one with Original Sin wedgelets and pinning spikes on the front and a backup wedge (removable), the other with a solid front wedge and rear plow, with polycarbonate wheel guards. all wedges/plows are hinged, wheels exposed for maximum maneuverability. has a flamethrower because they're cool.

Speed: 8
Traction: 8
Torque: 4
Weapon: 1
Armor: 9
‽ ROBOTICS

fridge ~ V900

get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

Venice Queen

‽ Robotics

Post by Venice Queen » Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:35 pm

Cuddle Time! has proven successful even against the masses of spinners in LW, so I've decided to make a successor to him. since I have a bunch of Lightweights already, I made it a bit bigger (thanks to Cha0sFerret for the name)

SHW: Big Spoon!

because what's more fun than clamping and lifting 340 lbs of robot?

Uberclocker/Complete Control inspired design. front wedgelets are removable, but help to balance the robot when lifting. optional hinged plow on the rear to hopefully mitigate spinners. exposed wheels in the rear for easier self righting, and to get off wedges. even if it gets tossed on its side, it can self-right by wiggling the arm around

Speed: 7
Traction: 7
Torque: 1
Weapon: 7 (multiple weapons rule gives the lifter and clamp power of 5)
Armor: 8
‽ ROBOTICS

fridge ~ V900

get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

Venice Queen

‽ Robotics

Post by Venice Queen » Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:13 pm

Storing HWR here for later use :P

Speed: 6
Weapon: 13
Traction: 5
Armor: 5
‽ ROBOTICS

fridge ~ V900

get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

Venice Queen

‽ Robotics

Post by Venice Queen » Sun Dec 13, 2015 7:14 pm

Accidentally turned Cuddle Time! into a vertical spinner.

Not sure what this will be named, also might give it this color scheme (suggestions welcome :v: ):

Should be able to self-right by torque-reaction or hitting the ground with its spinner. the yellow bits in the middle on the first picture are hinged underall spike things.

Speed: 6
Traction: 6
Weapon: 12
Armor: 5
‽ ROBOTICS

fridge ~ V900

get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

‽ Robotics

Post by GF93 » Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:33 pm

Nice. If you coloured the purple stripes on the top one black, you could perhaps have it as a wasp/hornet-themed machine called Buzzkill. :P
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

Venice Queen

‽ Robotics

Post by Venice Queen » Sat Dec 26, 2015 2:48 pm

I might just use that idea Alex :P

In the meantime, I made Nightmare, except with different colors and named Baphomet :P

Big, mean disc, hinged wedges on the wheel pods prevent enemies from getting under me, and protect the wheels somewhat. 2WD pretty much directly under the disc makes it easier to keep said disc facing the enemy, even with the gyroscopic tendencies. caster wheel for balance at the back.

Disc can be switched out for a bar and slightly wider wedges. the bar spins up a bit faster, and should make it easier to get underneath wedge-ey rammers (maybe, not sure how much I'll actually end up using it...). that one also shows my self-righting mechenism at full extension. this should hopefully fix the main weakness of Nightmare, and let me smash up opponents even more efficiently!

Proposed stats:

Speed: 4
Traction: 4
Torque:1
Weapon: 15
Armor: 6
‽ ROBOTICS

fridge ~ V900

get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

Badnik96

‽ Robotics

Post by Badnik96 » Sat Dec 26, 2015 2:59 pm

If I remember correctly, MassimoV had a super heavyweight named Baphomet which he entered into the first LoRE.

Other than that it doesn't look bad.
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ