‽ Robotics

Get your creative juices flowing and submit your own media, art, ariticles, or whatever you think people will find at least mildly entertaining to this site. We promote intelligence.
Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

‽ Robotics

Post by Venice Queen » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:56 pm

ehhh scratch that one

Chimera 5:

Needed more wheels. also a return to the 4-bar, though I'm keeping the rectangle chassis over the cheese wedge shape, so I can logically fit everything I need to fit in there. still a flipper, still has the on-board N<small>2</small> compressor, though with the 4-bar instead of rear hinged flipper, I had to hinge the front components so they were ground scraping. For the two wedges I can put on, the hinge is underneath the wedge to protect it a bit better. the hinges on the forks should be obvious. all hinges have limits to prevent funny folding, and the wedge teeth for the flat wedge are removable, as are the hinged wedge teeth that usually accompany the forks. The ABR wedge added more weight than expected, an issue which was solved by removing two sets of wheels. so it's 6WD sometimes :v:

Speed: 7
Traction: 7
Torque: 3
Weapon: 5
Armor: 8 (+1 front)

and yes there is a logic behind adding more wheels. first and foremost is redundancy - I can lose fucktons of wheels and still be fine - but it also increases the surface area of wheel I have on the ground without having to resort to treads (which are heavy and just generally suck), theoretically giving me a slight traction and torque advantage against robots with the same stats.
Last edited by Venice Queen on Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
‽ ROBOTICS
CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//Nick's Fuzzy Rules -- -- Hobbyweight//Bot-o-Rama//Buzzkill -- -- Arbitraryweight//D12//Listen Here, Grandad, This Is America, Everyone Here Eats Ass

Bots that I think are better than my actual champions: Chimera // Venice Queen // Cuddle Time!

V900? Wheres V1-899 ~NickyDustyOwl
fridge ~ V900

Wasn't Ted Bundy physically attractive though? ~Superbomb122
get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

Venice Queen

‽ Robotics

Post by Venice Queen » Sat May 06, 2017 6:36 pm

Hazardous Waste Removal 3

same disc, different body shape. the front wedge is actually hinged - it's limited to all of 5 degrees of movement, but it is hinged&#33; :P . there's an optional hinged wedge for the rear as well, should I want to give up the ability to hit people with my behind. the shadows are being weird in the second to last image and make it look like the rear wedge isn't touching the ground, so I included the last picture to prevent confusion (since it does in fact touch the ground&#33;)
Last edited by Venice Queen on Sat May 06, 2017 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
‽ ROBOTICS
CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//Nick's Fuzzy Rules -- -- Hobbyweight//Bot-o-Rama//Buzzkill -- -- Arbitraryweight//D12//Listen Here, Grandad, This Is America, Everyone Here Eats Ass

Bots that I think are better than my actual champions: Chimera // Venice Queen // Cuddle Time!

fridge ~ V900

get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

NFX

‽ Robotics

Post by NFX » Sat May 06, 2017 6:44 pm

Pretty decent looking SteveOUT design there, although the supports for the back wheels look incredibly flimsy. Not sure how they could be driven, aside from a chain running through the side panel from the front wheels, but then the Armour there would have to be absurdly thin.
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

Braveheart / Crash Blossom / Depth Charge / Broken Ghost / Murder Death Unit / Agent X

RoBattle
Override - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 3 pts
MiDAS - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 0 pts

it was a gigantic masturbation of polygons :v - That Kode Guy

Venice Queen

‽ Robotics

Post by Venice Queen » Sat May 06, 2017 6:55 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NFX</dt><dd>May 6 2017, 06:44 PM</dd></dl><div>Pretty decent looking SteveOUT design there, although the supports for the back wheels look incredibly flimsy. Not sure how they could be driven, aside from a chain running through the side panel from the front wheels, but then the Armour there would have to be absurdly thin.[/quote]yeah they're definitely chain driven, and I barely bothered with armor back there, since they'll get knocked off in the first hit from any sort of decent spinner anyway :V
‽ ROBOTICS

fridge ~ V900

get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

attackfrog
Team: Aquatic Robotics

‽ Robotics

Post by attackfrog » Sun May 07, 2017 11:25 pm

Nice&#33; This is basically what I tried (and failed) to make with Water Strider.

Venice Queen

‽ Robotics

Post by Venice Queen » Tue May 16, 2017 11:36 pm

slight improvements to HWR in that the rear chains are external. keeps me within the weight limit
‽ ROBOTICS

fridge ~ V900

get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

NFX

‽ Robotics

Post by NFX » Wed May 17, 2017 6:50 am

That makes a bit more sense there. =) Good little tweak.
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

Braveheart / Crash Blossom / Depth Charge / Broken Ghost / Murder Death Unit / Agent X

RoBattle
Override - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 3 pts
MiDAS - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 0 pts

it was a gigantic masturbation of polygons :v - That Kode Guy

Badnik96

‽ Robotics

Post by Badnik96 » Wed May 17, 2017 9:16 pm

those are some tiny chains for the HW category
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ

Venice Queen

‽ Robotics

Post by Venice Queen » Thu May 18, 2017 1:13 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Badnik96</dt><dd>May 17 2017, 09:16 PM</dd></dl><div>those are some tiny chains for the HW category[/quote]I was worried about that, might go back and make them bigger (although honestly they were a huge pain to put on there in the first place)
‽ ROBOTICS

fridge ~ V900

get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

Madman
Team: Tartarus Robotics Group

‽ Robotics

Post by Madman » Fri May 19, 2017 10:42 am

Fam, the chains are fine. Nice design.
Tartarus Robotics Group: Infinitely wise and merciful since 2016
(don't ask about before that)

Black Dog ||| Hellhound V ||| Blood Eagle ||| Santangelo ||| Hellhound VII ||| Hoarfrost

Mechanized Mayhem: 0-0
Heavyweight: Danger Zone (0-0)
CBC4: 26-5
Featherweight: Black Dog III (6-2)
Lightweight: Blood Eagle (7-1)
Middleweight: Hoarfrost (9-0) CHAMPION!
Heavyweight: Santangelo (5-2)
Current Roster: 183-40 (.821)
Black Dog (ROBOTS - MW*, ROBOTS3 - FW, CBC4 - FW): 26-5
Blood Eagle (CBC3 - LW*, CBC4 - LW): 15-2
Danger Zone (Mechanized Mayhem - HW): 0-0
Detroit Iron (ICEcrown - SHW): 6-2
Hellcat (Thunder Underground - MW): 2-0
Hellhound (R: Extinction - HW, Pressure Drop - HW, RB2 - HW, ROBOTS - HW, New Blood - HW*, ROBOTS 3 - HW*, Thunder Underground - HW): 46-11
Hoarfrost (RB2 - MW, Armageddon! - MW, Ruination 4 - LW, Thunder Underground - LW, CBC4 - MW*): 23-5
Krakatoa (Robo-Con - LW, Ruination 4 - SHW, Thunder Underground - LW): 11-2
Meanstreak (RB2 - LW, Ruination 4 - HW): 10-3
Santangelo (CBC3 - SHW*, CBC4 - HW): 13-3
Sundancer (Ruination 4 - MW, R: Revival - MW, REDDIT - HW, R: Evolution - FW): 21-4
Talons Out (ROBOTS - FW): 10-3
Thundercaller (Vexed!): 1-0
Yet to Fight
Hadean, Intimidator, Kurosaki-kun, Midnight Sun, Neon Rampage
Retired
Eye of Newt, Morality, Savage, Tiger, Vicious, Wild Child
ARC Hall of Fame
Hellhound - #1
Black Dog - #2
Blood Eagle - #11
Sundancer - #24
Hoarfrost - #49

Venice Queen

‽ Robotics

Post by Venice Queen » Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:10 pm

Well, That wasn't supposed to happen

<big><big><big><big><big>ERROR</big></big></big></big></big>

Housebot for CBC2; Crusher on a lifter with a saw that comes into play when the opponent is lifted to the maximum extension (65*). 2WD, omni wheel in the rear for balance.
‽ ROBOTICS

fridge ~ V900

get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

Badnik96

‽ Robotics

Post by Badnik96 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:21 am

what the fuck am i looking at
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ

Venice Queen

‽ Robotics

Post by Venice Queen » Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:41 am

fun fact, the image texture used for both ERROR and Glitch is the stone pavers one
‽ ROBOTICS

fridge ~ V900

get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

Venice Queen

‽ Robotics

Post by Venice Queen » Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:56 pm

suddenly, not robots&#33;

http://temporalquarrel.weebly.com/episodes.html

one of my friends made a podcast for a class and dragged me into it since I have opinions about stuff. enjoy :V
‽ ROBOTICS

fridge ~ V900

get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

Venice Queen

‽ Robotics

Post by Venice Queen » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:43 pm

Ritual II

Now, one of the biggest complaints we had with the last version was the screeching - but more importantly, the writhing. oftentimes our subjects made it very difficult to actually perform the ritual, which we're sure was much to their dismay given their total willingness to get into the ring with us. so, the addition of our patented fun time clamps
‽ ROBOTICS

fridge ~ V900

get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122