‽ Robotics

Get your creative juices flowing and submit your own media, art, ariticles, or whatever you think people will find at least mildly entertaining to this site. We promote intelligence.
Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

‽ Robotics

Post by Venice Queen » Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:00 pm

New robot for the sportsman class. havent yet decided on a name, so suggestions welcome :v:

pretty basic stuff; 2 wheel drive, big scary spikes (removable), pitchfork style flipper arm to better facilitate getting under opponents. the orange plate behind the flipper is not a wedge (it doesnt touch the ground), it's just there to make sure the robot doesnt flop forwards when I activate the flipper. rear end has a thwacking tail (removable). can self right.

"but wait!", you say. "how is that 'some weird shit'?"

it's spring powered. powerful winch allows for it to be retracted in a little bit more than a second. this is actually an adaptation of one of my really early shitty designs, made to work far better (well, I hope :v: ).

proposed stats:

Speed: 7
Traction: 6
Torque: 1
Weapon: 10
Armor: 6
‽ ROBOTICS
CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//Nick's Fuzzy Rules -- -- Hobbyweight//Bot-o-Rama//Buzzkill -- -- Arbitraryweight//D12//Listen Here, Grandad, This Is America, Everyone Here Eats Ass

Bots that I think are better than my actual champions: Chimera // Venice Queen // Cuddle Time!

V900? Wheres V1-899 ~NickyDustyOwl
fridge ~ V900

Wasn't Ted Bundy physically attractive though? ~Superbomb122
get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

Cha0sFerret

‽ Robotics

Post by Cha0sFerret » Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:05 pm

Well, you're not quite gonna smash stuff against the ceiling, but the landing damage is gonna do a number on your opponents.
poopity scoop

Venice Queen

‽ Robotics

Post by Venice Queen » Thu Dec 31, 2015 3:10 am

Good news everyone! Buzzkill is set to be my Featherweight competitor. so I guess that kinda isnt the best of news for people who wanted to win. what a buzzkill :dawg: . I'll be here all week :v:

No real updates here other than the color scheme and name (thanks to the British alex. the one that's GF93). and the weight class I guess. IDK. this sorta design seems to work well with lighter bots, and I like how it looks :v:
‽ ROBOTICS
CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//Nick's Fuzzy Rules -- -- Hobbyweight//Bot-o-Rama//Buzzkill -- -- Arbitraryweight//D12//Listen Here, Grandad, This Is America, Everyone Here Eats Ass

Bots that I think are better than my actual champions: Chimera // Venice Queen // Cuddle Time!

fridge ~ V900

get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

‽ Robotics

Post by GF93 » Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:31 am

Sweet, you actually went with my idea. :P
Liking how it looks a lot- this sort of design lends itself well to the FW class in particular, so hopefully it should be a pretty mean competitor with the correct stats.

EDIT: Liking the look of the Sportsman-class machine as well- very unique design, and it almost looks like a monster with those spikes and the hammer tail.
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

Badnik96
Team: Team Ignition

‽ Robotics

Post by Badnik96 » Thu Dec 31, 2015 12:17 pm

I really, really like your sportsman design.
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ

GF93

‽ Robotics

Post by GF93 » Thu Dec 31, 2015 1:45 pm

Same. I was thinking for potential names- Naga, Ketu, Nure-onna, Tarasque, Manticore, or Aqrabuamelu. What they have in common is, they're all part-human part-creature hybrids from folklore (Referring to the combined Flipper/Thwacker aspects) with the tails of various deadly creatures to put emphasis on the hammer at the back. Snake for the former three, and Scorpion for the latter three.
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

Venice Queen

‽ Robotics

Post by Venice Queen » Thu Dec 31, 2015 3:02 pm

you got any goat ones? :P
‽ ROBOTICS

fridge ~ V900

get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

GF93

‽ Robotics

Post by GF93 » Thu Dec 31, 2015 3:43 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>The_Angry_Goat</dt><dd>Dec 31 2015, 03:02 PM</dd></dl><div>you got any goat ones? :P[/quote]Not really, since goats are rubbish. :v:

In all seriousness though- for Goat/Ram-based mythological creatures, you have the Baphomet (Though Massimo already used that one, IIRC.), Chimera (Again, already used), Silenus, Goldhorn, Khnum (The God of Rebirth and Creation from Egyptian mythology) Hei
ICE³ ROBOTICS

Venice Queen

‽ Robotics

Post by Venice Queen » Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:19 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Dec 31 2015, 03:43 PM</dd></dl><div>In all seriousness though- for Goat/Ram-based mythological creatures, you have the Baphomet (Though Massimo already used that one, IIRC.), Chimera (Again, already used), Silenus, Goldhorn, Khnum (The God of Rebirth and Creation from Egyptian mythology) Hei
Last edited by Venice Queen on Thu Dec 31, 2015 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
‽ ROBOTICS

fridge ~ V900

get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

GF93

‽ Robotics

Post by GF93 » Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:07 pm

Sweet. In Indian mythology (Being mentioned as part of Hinduism and Buddhism amongst other faiths there.) actually, the Naga is also the name of a half-human half-snake hybrid creature, which is what I based the name of the robot of in reference to the tail.
ICE³ ROBOTICS

Venice Queen

‽ Robotics

Post by Venice Queen » Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:04 am

[8:59:43 PM] Brian Crotty: 12WD for max traction
[9:00:16 PM] Bradley Maier: when a spinner hits it, it gets sucked forward instead of knocked away :v
[9:00:20 PM] Kody Kunz: lol
[9:00:26 PM] Gabe&#33;: how dare you make a robot with so many wheels
[9:00:31 PM] Badnik96: XD
[9:00:35 PM] Gabe&#33;: I must out-do you
[9:00:43 PM] Badnik96: the angrier goat
[9:00:56 PM] Bradley Maier: i still have that 14wd angry goat clone sitting around somewhere
[9:01:02 PM] Kody Kunz: 28WD angry goat
[9:01:07 PM] Gabe&#33;: ...
[9:01:09 PM] Gabe&#33;: BRB
[9:01:12 PM] Kody Kunz: XD
[9:01:23 PM] Bradley Maier: This better be your hammerfall entry&#33;
[9:01:52 PM] Brian Crotty: Angry Goat Part 2: Electric Boogaloo
[9:02:09 PM] Bradley Maier: literally THOUSAND WHEELS

Angrier Goat. 3.5 foot long pneumatic spike (shown at full extension)
‽ ROBOTICS

fridge ~ V900

get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

Cha0sFerret

‽ Robotics

Post by Cha0sFerret » Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:11 am

18/18, would attack the sides again.

The pneumatic spike is a nice touch, though.
poopity scoop

NFX

‽ Robotics

Post by NFX » Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:18 am

A THOUSAND WHEELS

Looks pretty tidy, cleaner than the original Angry Goat. Simple designs like this one can work, I like.
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

Braveheart / Crash Blossom / Depth Charge / Broken Ghost / Murder Death Unit / Agent X

RoBattle
Override - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 3 pts
MiDAS - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 0 pts

it was a gigantic masturbation of polygons :v - That Kode Guy

Venice Queen

‽ Robotics

Post by Venice Queen » Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:55 pm

Anyone ever wondered what would happen if you turned Tax Cutter sideways?

Disenfranchised Ceiling Fan

6WD, front and back pair of wheels are omni (meaning that it still turns like a 2WD bot). due to the dual disc design, the gyroscopic forces from each disc are cancelled out in the center of the robot, meaning that it can handle far better than your average spinner, and easily turn around its axis without getting its wheels lifted off the ground. Discs are are run off of a single motor, belts are hidden in the supports. front disc's belt rides on top on the rear disc's. Srimech.

Speed: 5
Traction: 4
Torque: 1
Weapon: 6
Armor: 14 (13 per disc)
‽ ROBOTICS

fridge ~ V900

get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

‽ Robotics

Post by That Kode Guy » Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:15 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>The_Angry_Goat</dt><dd>Jan 11 2016, 10:55 PM</dd></dl><div>Anyone ever wondered what would happen if you turned Tax Cutter sideways?[/quote]He would bounce over to the wall, carve a hole in it, go through and kill the audience. :v:

In all seriousness, nice job.
This account is in a state of dimensional flux