British Robotics

Get your creative juices flowing and submit your own media, art, ariticles, or whatever you think people will find at least mildly entertaining to this site. We promote intelligence.
GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

British Robotics

Post by GF93 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:25 pm

Very nice! I would probably give a Traction point to the Flipper though, just to make sure you've got the necessary power to self-right and effectively chuck opponents around and stuff without really making any major sacrifices to your control. Other than that, I like it a lot.
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

NFX

British Robotics

Post by NFX » Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:10 pm

I would agree with GF93 there, plus 5 Weapon gives you a +2 Armour bonus to it. =P

Definitely looks great, though, nice and sleek, should be a strong performer. I might have the flipper not protrude forwards out of the main chassis, or at least with angled sides, so as not to give spinners anything to catch onto.
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

Braveheart / Crash Blossom / Depth Charge / Broken Ghost / Murder Death Unit / Agent X

RoBattle
Override - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 3 pts
MiDAS - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 0 pts

it was a gigantic masturbation of polygons :v - That Kode Guy

British-Robotics

British Robotics

Post by British-Robotics » Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:08 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NFX</dt><dd>Nov 10 2015, 08:10 PM</dd></dl><div>I would agree with GF93 there, plus 5 Weapon gives you a +2 Armour bonus to it. =P

Definitely looks great, though, nice and sleek, should be a strong performer. I might have the flipper not protrude forwards out of the main chassis, or at least with angled sides, so as not to give spinners anything to catch onto.[/quote]Followed your advice mate, I'll adjust the front of the flipper and add some skirts on the front and sides.

British-Robotics

British Robotics

Post by British-Robotics » Sat Nov 21, 2015 3:08 pm

Here is the improved version of Upchuck II.

NFX

British Robotics

Post by NFX » Sat Nov 21, 2015 3:31 pm

Very nice indeed. :) Should be a real contender in future tournaments with the right stats.
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

Braveheart / Crash Blossom / Depth Charge / Broken Ghost / Murder Death Unit / Agent X

RoBattle

Toxic

British Robotics

Post by Toxic » Sat Nov 21, 2015 5:20 pm

Big fan of that design. Should do really well.

British-Robotics

British Robotics

Post by British-Robotics » Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:05 pm

Powerdrive II

Potential competitor for ARC and Hammerfall, he's been refurbished and had a massive upgrade from it's previous predecessor. First off he can run inverted without any problems, he has a rear plow for a defense and the front weapon which is a drum has been kept from it's previous form.

The drive train and armor has been improved, it has some more power and should be a competitor.

Stats:

Speed: 6
Traction: 5
Torque: 2
Weapon: 10
Armour: 7

Badnik96

British Robotics

Post by Badnik96 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:07 pm

Damn that looks cool.
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

British Robotics

Post by That Kode Guy » Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:13 pm

That does look very cool, though I'd be concerned if you got flipped.
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

British-Robotics

British Robotics

Post by British-Robotics » Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:16 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>KodeBreaker</dt><dd>Nov 23 2015, 04:13 PM</dd></dl><div>That does look very cool, though I'd be concerned if you got flipped.[/quote]It can run Inverted this time :), the previous design had to have a shrimech

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

British Robotics

Post by Venice Queen » Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:23 pm

that's a really good looking, well balanced design

I'm continuously impressed by your ability to hand-draw things better than I could CAD them :P
‽ ROBOTICS
CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//Nick's Fuzzy Rules -- -- Hobbyweight//Bot-o-Rama//Buzzkill -- -- Arbitraryweight//D12//Listen Here, Grandad, This Is America, Everyone Here Eats Ass

Bots that I think are better than my actual champions: Chimera // Venice Queen // Cuddle Time!

V900? Wheres V1-899 ~NickyDustyOwl
fridge ~ V900

Wasn't Ted Bundy physically attractive though? ~Superbomb122
get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

NFX

British Robotics

Post by NFX » Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:25 pm

Looking quite solid there, reminds me of Tetanus Booster. Drum might be a problem if it were inverted, though, and the lack of wedging capabilities is concerning, but aside from that it should be a decent contender.
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

RoBattle

British-Robotics

British Robotics

Post by British-Robotics » Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:26 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>The_Angry_Goat</dt><dd>Nov 23 2015, 04:23 PM</dd></dl><div>that's a really good looking, well balanced design

I'm continuously impressed by your ability to hand-draw things better than I could CAD them :P[/quote]It's my sort of talent, I like some detail robots, Powerdrive II looks much better that the first Powerdrive. Plus it's inverted, This robot deserves to be CAD'ed. I couldn't come up with a design at first, but I finally found it and that's all I could come up with.

British-Robotics

British Robotics

Post by British-Robotics » Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:26 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NFX</dt><dd>Nov 23 2015, 04:25 PM</dd></dl><div>Looking quite solid there, reminds me of Tetanus Booster. Drum might be a problem if it were inverted, though, and the lack of wedging capabilities is concerning, but aside from that it should be a decent contender.[/quote]Any advice on it mate?, I give it a few improvements

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

British Robotics

Post by GF93 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:47 pm

Damn, that looks like a beast. The one thing I'd recommend is perhaps having the drums with two-sided teeth as opposed to only turning one way, so it'd be much stronger against Flippers. Maybe also shorten the chassis a little to improve its turning capabilities if you can, but other than that, that's very nice indeed.
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."