British Robotics

Get your creative juices flowing and submit your own media, art, ariticles, or whatever you think people will find at least mildly entertaining to this site. We promote intelligence.
British-Robotics

British Robotics

Post by British-Robotics » Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:07 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Jul 4 2014, 03:51 PM</dd></dl><div>Oh look, it's Pika Four. :P

Seriously though, I do like the look of this design- the way you've done the two-sided Lifting Spikes are quite a good idea.[/quote]Well I needed to make it look like a Pikachu, I don't what stats to add on him though :( like numbers

British-Robotics

British Robotics

Post by British-Robotics » Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:08 pm

Do you think It would've been good too for a tail on the back?
Last edited by British-Robotics on Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

British Robotics

Post by NWOWWE » Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:33 pm

Probably couldn't hurt any.
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

British-Robotics

British Robotics

Post by British-Robotics » Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:52 pm

Well... ^^ I really like the design I made on him :)

British-Robotics

British Robotics

Post by British-Robotics » Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:16 pm

Let me introduce to you, Turbine II

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

British Robotics

Post by GF93 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:31 am

Not bad. The wheel protection looks better, but I'm not so sure about how thin it is. The weapon range appears to have been cut down, and the thinner wheelbase could affect your turning. There are some good ideas, though- if you apply the wheelguards and better armour to the original Turbine instead, that could work.
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

British-Robotics

British Robotics

Post by British-Robotics » Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:34 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Jul 16 2014, 10:31 AM</dd></dl><div>Not bad. The wheel protection looks better, but I'm not so sure about how thin it is. The weapon range appears to have been cut down, and the thinner wheelbase could affect your turning. There are some good ideas, though- if you apply the wheelguards and better armour to the original Turbine instead, that could work.[/quote]I best fix the wheelbase issue as it does look too thin, How can I improve his weapon? Would it be better as a rear hindge flipper instead of frontal?

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

British Robotics

Post by NWOWWE » Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:38 am

Wait wait wait... hold the phone. That's a front hinged flipper? Who knew? :o

Ideally you should probably make the flipper cover a bit wider of an area.
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

British Robotics

Post by That Kode Guy » Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:41 am

If that is supposed to work as a front-hinged flipper, it's not going to do that well because, as a front-hinged flipper, you need to the get the entire robot onto it for an effective flip, and with that very steep front end it's just not going to happen.
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

GF93

British Robotics

Post by GF93 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:44 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Team~British~Robotics</dt><dd>Jul 16 2014, 10:34 AM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Jul 16 2014, 10:31 AM</dd></dl><div>Not bad. The wheel protection looks better, but I'm not so sure about how thin it is. The weapon range appears to have been cut down, and the thinner wheelbase could affect your turning. There are some good ideas, though- if you apply the wheelguards and better armour to the original Turbine instead, that could work.[/quote]I best fix the wheelbase issue as it does look too thin, How can I improve his weapon? Would it be better as a rear hindge flipper instead of frontal?[/quote]The weapon was originally quite good how it was, but I feel that the main problem with it was the wedge tip was a bit too small, and therefore not as good as getting under stuff as it potentially can be. One idea I could suggest would be a three-way wedge, sort of like what the current version of Bulletproof Bomb has-
As you can see, it's very low and sloped on each side as well as the front, so it can get underneath opponents from there as well as the front. If you applied something like that to the original Turbine's wide Flipper (Rear-hinged already, so don't worry about changing it.), I can see that being rather effective.
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

British-Robotics

British Robotics

Post by British-Robotics » Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:45 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>KodeBreaker</dt><dd>Jul 16 2014, 10:41 AM</dd></dl><div>If that is supposed to work as a front-hinged flipper, it's not going to do that well because, as a front-hinged flipper, you need to the get the entire robot onto it for an effective flip, and with that very steep front end it's just not going to happen.[/quote]Rear-hinge flipper it is then, I'll re-jig the design a little.

British-Robotics

British Robotics

Post by British-Robotics » Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:15 am

Much better I think :). Looks effective

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

British Robotics

Post by That Kode Guy » Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:54 pm

Well, if that lip is part of the flipper, then yeah it wouldn't do too badly. The lip itself might be prone to breaking off though due to being very thin.
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

British-Robotics

British Robotics

Post by British-Robotics » Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:56 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>KodeBreaker</dt><dd>Jul 16 2014, 12:54 PM</dd></dl><div>Well, if that lip is part of the flipper, then yeah it wouldn't do too badly. The lip itself might be prone to breaking off though due to being very thin.[/quote]That's a good point... I could add a wedge shape in front of the flipper to give it more strength

GF93

British Robotics

Post by GF93 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:02 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Team~British~Robotics</dt><dd>Jul 16 2014, 12:56 PM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>KodeBreaker</dt><dd>Jul 16 2014, 12:54 PM</dd></dl><div>Well, if that lip is part of the flipper, then yeah it wouldn't do too badly. The lip itself might be prone to breaking off though due to being very thin.[/quote]That's a good point... I could add a wedge shape in front of the flipper to give it more strength[/quote]If you do, try using the design for it I've suggested above if that helps.
ICE³ ROBOTICS