British Robotics

Get your creative juices flowing and submit your own media, art, ariticles, or whatever you think people will find at least mildly entertaining to this site. We promote intelligence.
British-Robotics

British Robotics

Post by British-Robotics » Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:28 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Sep 7 2016, 03:19 PM</dd></dl><div>Interesting take on the classic pincer design&#33; Those massive scissors on the front look pretty scary.[/quote]That''s where the idea came from, After looking at the pair of scissors and a cork opener, a unique weapon hatched an idea in my mind, and I come up with this good design, are the stats alright?

NFX

British Robotics

Post by NFX » Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:05 pm

It's certainly a very unique design there. My main worry is that with 7 Speed and 2 Torque, the ramming power isn't going to be sufficient to break through most Armour ([Speed+Torque]/2).
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

Braveheart / Crash Blossom / Depth Charge / Broken Ghost / Murder Death Unit / Agent X

RoBattle
Override - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 3 pts
MiDAS - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 0 pts

it was a gigantic masturbation of polygons :v - That Kode Guy

British-Robotics

British Robotics

Post by British-Robotics » Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:10 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NFX</dt><dd>Sep 7 2016, 04:05 PM</dd></dl><div>It's certainly a very unique design there. My main worry is that with 7 Speed and 2 Torque, the ramming power isn't going to be sufficient to break through most Armour ([Speed+Torque]/2). [/quote]Anyway to fix the problem, maybe more torque power, I'm wondering how strong the weapon should be

British-Robotics

British Robotics

Post by British-Robotics » Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:04 am

HW-Fracture

http://imgur.com/a/Doyt6

Fracture is a new 2WD HW robot where it should be more stronger than Perforator. The original axe head can be replaced by a spike tipped head or a mallet shape attachment depending on which opponent it will face before battle.

Fracture has average speed, the armour may not be the strongest but the weaponry is powered quite well. (More details to come)

Purposes of each axe head:

Original Axe Head - Average piercing, weaker armoured opponents.
Spike Tipped - Heavy Piercing in case it may face stronger armored opponents
Hammer Tipped - Facing opponents with flat armored panels

(Current stats below - may change when necessary)

Speed: 6
Traction: 5
Weapon: 12
Torque: 1
Armour: 6

British-Robotics

British Robotics

Post by British-Robotics » Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:44 pm

SHW - Laceration Chromebeak

http://imgur.com/zawgsNN

A SHW version of Laceration except a compeltely different model. It has 4WD with powerful drive motors.The weapon is a lifting clamp where is has angle restrictors to prevent on losing balance when trying to carry the opponent in mid air. The maxium degree the weapon can raise is at least 45 degrees either up or down. The tip of the crushing beak is able to move up or down depending on how high the robot is when trying to carry the opposition, however the weapon doesn't consist on carrying opponent, it's aiming to crush top armaments or side panelings of the opponent giving it a nice crushability factor. The lower part of the weapon where it has wedges is stuck withe the moving arm hence the purpose of the moving tip of the beak.

Torque: 2
Weapon: 10
Armour: 7

SHW - Jackhammer

http://imgur.com/em1Bbsn

Jackhammer is named after Bill Goldberg's devastating move "The Jackhammer" and also showing a Union Jack flag on tp of the machine with blue, red and white neon lights turned on before the firght with the robots text with black neon lights. The weapon is a powerful 9000 rpm spinning disc capibile of slicing into armor, the robot itself is 4WD driven and has good armour.

Speed: 5
Armour: 7
Weapon: 12

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

British Robotics

Post by GF93 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:20 pm

Sweet, really liking the look of those. Chromebeak reminds me of a much more badass Draven, and Jackhammer looks like a very solid horizontal spinner. Although just to correct you, it's YOU'RE NEXT, not YOUR. :P
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

MassimoV

British Robotics

Post by MassimoV » Wed Nov 09, 2016 4:21 pm

shit looks sleek

British-Robotics

British Robotics

Post by British-Robotics » Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:46 pm

HW- Methane

http://imgur.com/a/0sTgs

Methane is my first design to have air suspension which is able to adjust it's ground clearance variable, the flipper is mounted with a poly carbonate bar to assist the machine to self right and prevent opponents from driving over it, Methane is 2WD driven and has chrome armament, just to look fancy of course.

Speed: 7
Traction: 6
Torque: 3
Armour: 9
Weapon: 5

HW - Sparkster III

http://imgur.com/a/VAWQ9

Since I was not too happy with the second version even though it hasn't fought a single battle, I decided to give it an overhaul once more. Now the robot has a shovel and axe. The axe is operated by a gas bottle whilst the scoop is powered by hydraulic pistons, the machine is 2WD driven and has small caster wheels to assist the turning.

Sparkster has the fire paintwork to resemble the fire sword off the game's sequel.

Armour: 7 (+2 Frontal Scoop)
Torque: 2
Weapon: 8
Last edited by British-Robotics on Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GF93

British Robotics

Post by GF93 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:58 pm

Very nice&#33; The idea behind Methane's suspension in particular is very interesting, reminds me a lot of the air suspension that I had on the original version of Conqueror in Crazy Bots Blazing Ruin. I would recommend for it though, also giving it the ability to raise up its front end so it can more easily push/ram flat-sided opponents and get over wedges more easily if needed, but other than that, it looks pretty solid. Also, looks like someone's been taking notes from Dreadnought Mk3 with regards to those stats. :P

Sparkster 3 looks cool as well, reminds me a lot of both Behemoth and the original version of Pressure from Robot Wars' New Blood Championship with the shape, hairspikes and the weapons. I like the way you've got the axe and the bucket on the front laid out, but the low armour on the chassis and the apparent lack of self-righting from the back and sides is a little bit of a concern.
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

British-Robotics

British Robotics

Post by British-Robotics » Mon Dec 26, 2016 7:47 pm

Emolga

http://imgur.com/a/XLIsU

My first of the two entrants for the Poke-Bot Monthly tournament is Emolga, the robot has a front hinged wedge in order to try and get underneath the opponents, the rear of the machine has a low powered lifter and the arms act as a shrimech , they can also act as stabilizers when slightly raised to help the machine balance itself as a precaution frpm over powered shunting or toppling over on frontal when it delivers a huge slam. The lifter is powered the same as the shrimechs, (Razer-style)

Speed: 8
Armour: 8
Weapon: 5
Last edited by British-Robotics on Mon Dec 26, 2016 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

British-Robotics

British Robotics

Post by British-Robotics » Sat Feb 11, 2017 6:20 pm

HW - Ricochet

http://imgur.com/a/SHak9

Ricochet is relied by pure pushing power and the ability to use the weapon as effective as possible, The tyres are filled with foam in order to last longer and make the robot more mobile. the front wedges along the front panels are hinged.
Speed: 7
Weapon: 3
Armour: 11

GF93

British Robotics

Post by GF93 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:11 pm

Well, clearly someone's been taking notes from Dreadnought. :P

In all seriousness though, it does look like a good front-hinged flipper, and the illustrations are really nice as always.
ICE³ ROBOTICS

British-Robotics

British Robotics

Post by British-Robotics » Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:06 pm

LW - Wrathsaw

http://imgur.com/SVukxNs

Theme Tune: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBQ68x54RQA

"I eat, chew and spit out metal&#33;"

Meet the deadly LW Wrathsaw&#33; A 2WD robot armed with a deadly saw hence the name seeking for oil. It has decent motors helping it give some speed, it had decent traction to help the robot turn well. The wheels are inside underneath the armor near the weapon's system. The weapon's arm is powered by electric motors to turn the gears that hold the base of the saw's arm

The eyes have yellow LED lights giving it a scary fright to the opponent.

Traction: 4
Weapon: 10 (Arm +1)
Armour: 8
Last edited by British-Robotics on Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

British Robotics

Post by Venice Queen » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:21 am

make sure you read up on the saw rules of whatever tournament you enter, since you usually have to give a point or two to the saw arm. the normal ARC rules just require 1 point, but everyone's making up their own rule modifications these days :V
‽ ROBOTICS
CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//Nick's Fuzzy Rules -- -- Hobbyweight//Bot-o-Rama//Buzzkill -- -- Arbitraryweight//D12//Listen Here, Grandad, This Is America, Everyone Here Eats Ass

Bots that I think are better than my actual champions: Chimera // Venice Queen // Cuddle Time!

V900? Wheres V1-899 ~NickyDustyOwl
fridge ~ V900

Wasn't Ted Bundy physically attractive though? ~Superbomb122
get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

British-Robotics

British Robotics

Post by British-Robotics » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:03 pm

Fixed, hows the looks of it?