Team Ectogasm's workshop

Get your creative juices flowing and submit your own media, art, ariticles, or whatever you think people will find at least mildly entertaining to this site. We promote intelligence.
GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Team Ectogasm's workshop

Post by GF93 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:19 am

You're right. I mean, I will admit that I do like winning and tend to design my robots and RP with that in mind, but there's no real point in being an egotistical fuckwad and competing solely for the purpose of winning and nothing else. Deep down, I know that having fun with it is a big part of it as well, as is being innovative and introducing new things each time.

I mean, sure one could enter a whole team of brawny bricks (No offence, Lian. :P ) to try and steamroll everyone else with, but it just doesn't compare to something you've designed and built. Something you can really call your own, and I think that's one thing I love about competing here- the sheer effort and innovation that goes into all the robots here, and just the sheer enjoyment of getting good fights on here, win or lose.

But yes- I'll definitely keep that in mind. I'll keep building cool machines where I can, just enjoy competing, and who knows? Give it time, and maybe I'll come out on top. After all, getting there matters just as much as, if not moreso, than the winning.
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

playzooki

Team Ectogasm's workshop

Post by playzooki » Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:07 am

i dont care about winning. i got amatch that people agreed was iffy, but i didnt mention it that week at all. although winning is fun. Anyway, nice arena. And gf, you could shove robots underneath the flipper when its fired :P

Badnik96

Team Ectogasm's workshop

Post by Badnik96 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:10 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Feb 13 2014, 10:45 PM</dd></dl><div>And because of Badnik and that one point, I lost it, and that's why I was so upset by the result[/quote]lmao thats the same way i feel about the CBBR SHW final, just sub Badnik for Lian :P

Also i thought punch buggy vs bomb was the final week of the tournament or something, and while other people on staff thought Bomb should have won, I thought differently, and it was my result for the week. Look Alex I have nothing against you personally, I just thought Punch Buggy had the better RP for that match.

I don't know why you seem to hate me so much man, between Slammer and LoRE I don't even know.
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Team Ectogasm's workshop

Post by That Kode Guy » Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:34 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Badnik96</dt><dd>Feb 14 2014, 08:10 AM</dd></dl><div>I don't know why you seem to hate me so much man, between Slammer and LoRE I don't even know.[/quote]Yeah I don't understand this either. =/
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

GF93

Team Ectogasm's workshop

Post by GF93 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:25 pm

Well, that fell flat.
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Team Ectogasm's workshop

Post by NWOWWE » Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:31 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Feb 14 2014, 02:25 PM</dd></dl><div>Well, that fell flat.[/quote]What fell flat?
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

GF93

Team Ectogasm's workshop

Post by GF93 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:34 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NWOWWE</dt><dd>Feb 14 2014, 02:31 PM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Feb 14 2014, 02:25 PM</dd></dl><div>Well, that fell flat.[/quote]What fell flat?[/quote]You know, what I said about trying not to be too competitive and just enjoying the sport.
ICE³ ROBOTICS

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Team Ectogasm's workshop

Post by That Kode Guy » Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:40 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Feb 14 2014, 02:34 PM</dd></dl><div>You know, what I said about trying not to be too competitive and just enjoying the sport.[/quote]How, exactly? Badnik just was wondering something and I agreed.
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

prince palatine

Team Ectogasm's workshop

Post by prince palatine » Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:58 pm

*Takes back control of the thread*

Back on topics here, I've been trying really hard to think up a 4th arena for CBNBC but can't seem to think of anything (Or draw anything when something good comes to mind) I'm not sure if any of you are up for this, but can anyone design a new arena for the tournament? If not, then I'll wait until some inspiration comes to mind. I must ask though, please no pits or OOTA friendly arenas please. We have two arenas with OOTA capabilities already and pits... less said the better.

playzooki

Team Ectogasm's workshop

Post by playzooki » Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:28 am

Let me just get an old arena design i made in sketchup a while back...

prince palatine

Team Ectogasm's workshop

Post by prince palatine » Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:59 pm

And here is the render for Merry Hampton guys, had to be done twice cause I accidently switched the computer off halfway through :P

MassimoV

Team Ectogasm's workshop

Post by MassimoV » Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:01 pm

I like it alot more in the render here.
Last edited by MassimoV on Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

playzooki

Team Ectogasm's workshop

Post by playzooki » Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:59 am

Awesome

prince palatine

Team Ectogasm's workshop

Post by prince palatine » Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:10 pm

Here is the new F-Dynasty 3&#33; Features tracks for the first time in it's series and features a puncher as it's weapon. It's normal set up is a plow/scoop, the goal of mounting on the puncher should be able to give it some extra force in driving the scoop underneath it's opponents. It can be swapped out for a standard puncher with removable spikes, a hinged wedge underneath and wedges beside it for overall front protection, skirts on the side and good old puncher goodness. All fear the Dynasty's charge&#33;

playzooki

Team Ectogasm's workshop

Post by playzooki » Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:13 pm

looks cool