Team Ectogasm's workshop

Get your creative juices flowing and submit your own media, art, ariticles, or whatever you think people will find at least mildly entertaining to this site. We promote intelligence.
playzooki

Team Ectogasm's workshop

Post by playzooki » Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:03 pm

Cool.

Badnik96
Team: Team Ignition

Team Ectogasm's workshop

Post by Badnik96 » Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:04 pm

Okay that looks awesome. Good job Alex
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Team Ectogasm's workshop

Post by GF93 » Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:35 pm

Glad everyone likes it- it's a design I've enjoyed working on with Lian, and one I can definitely see going all the way. Though somewhere along the line when the time comes to fight it, I'm probably going to end up thinking- "AAARGH WHY DID I BUILD THIS." :P
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Team Ectogasm's workshop

Post by NWOWWE » Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:49 pm

Oh man, dem teeth and dem treads. Cool.
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

NFX

Team Ectogasm's workshop

Post by NFX » Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:05 pm

Definitely looking nice. Alex is really starting to come along with Maya.

I'm very confused by the shape of the front wedge, though. It doesn't seem to make any sense. It's kind of like Eurypterus' wedge, but then it looks like it's angled in the middle instead of going towards the corners...my brain doesn't like it.
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

Braveheart / Crash Blossom / Depth Charge / Broken Ghost / Murder Death Unit / Agent X

RoBattle
Override - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 3 pts
MiDAS - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 0 pts

it was a gigantic masturbation of polygons :v - That Kode Guy

prince palatine

Team Ectogasm's workshop

Post by prince palatine » Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:28 pm

Alrighty, after a while of putting this off, I present you.... The New Breed City Battle-Zone!

And here it is! The main fight arena for the series. Complete with stands, capable of handling a capacity of 3000 fans (Though the chances of that happening IRL would be nigh on impossible, but hey ho, it's fiction! :P) The center of the arena is somewhat spacious, which gives spinners a bit more leeway. There are also four sets of killsaws in the arena for some good old fashioned sawing. The arena also features two floor flippers that fire towards the center of the arena. The arena also features two spiked compressor hazards at the north and south sides of the arena which is a good place to shove other robots into to inflict more damage. Each compressor is flanked by two drums, not as big as your average ARC drum, but still large enough to catch super-heavyweights unaware. The four circles (Or ovals to you nitpicky fuckers! :P) are pulverizers on a 360 degree turret to attack bots from different angles. The east and west sides are flanked by spike strips, perfect for ramming and pinning.

And yeah, that's about it. Hope to hear some feedback about it :)

GF93

Team Ectogasm's workshop

Post by GF93 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:32 pm

No Pits? I'm disappointed. :P

Seriously though, I do like the look of this Arena, particularly with the Compressors and Floor Flippers. Can you flip opponents out of it, though?
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

prince palatine

Team Ectogasm's workshop

Post by prince palatine » Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:38 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Feb 13 2014, 05:32 PM</dd></dl><div>No Pits? I'm disappointed. :P

Seriously though, I do like the look of this Arena, particularly with the Compressors and Floor Flippers. Can you flip opponents out of it, though?[/quote]No OOTA's on this one I'm afraid. Das Oval and Casa De La Box only.

GF93

Team Ectogasm's workshop

Post by GF93 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:39 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>prince palatine</dt><dd>Feb 13 2014, 05:38 PM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Feb 13 2014, 05:32 PM</dd></dl><div>No Pits? I'm disappointed. :P

Seriously though, I do like the look of this Arena, particularly with the Compressors and Floor Flippers. Can you flip opponents out of it, though?[/quote]No OOTA's on this one I'm afraid. Das Oval and Casa De La Box only.[/quote]OK, just making sure. Perhaps I'll make up a render of that Arena I sketched up some time, actually. :P
ICE³ ROBOTICS

prince palatine

Team Ectogasm's workshop

Post by prince palatine » Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:41 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Feb 13 2014, 05:39 PM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>prince palatine</dt><dd>Feb 13 2014, 05:38 PM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Feb 13 2014, 05:32 PM</dd></dl><div>No Pits? I'm disappointed. :P

Seriously though, I do like the look of this Arena, particularly with the Compressors and Floor Flippers. Can you flip opponents out of it, though?[/quote]No OOTA's on this one I'm afraid. Das Oval and Casa De La Box only.[/quote]OK, just making sure. Perhaps I'll make up a render of that Arena I sketched up some time, actually. :P[/quote]Would be a bitch to work on in Maya, but the outcome should look good :)

prince palatine

Team Ectogasm's workshop

Post by prince palatine » Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:44 pm

That also reminds me, I need to work on the points of power each hazard holds. Since I'm scrapping the Insanitarium, I have all 3 arenas for the tournament account for.

GF93

Team Ectogasm's workshop

Post by GF93 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:05 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>prince palatine</dt><dd>Feb 13 2014, 05:41 PM</dd></dl><div>Would be a bitch to work on in Maya, but the outcome should look good :)[/quote]Perhaps so, but it'd definitely be good to have for when I restart DoW. Had a little practice as well just now-

:P
ICE³ ROBOTICS

prince palatine

Team Ectogasm's workshop

Post by prince palatine » Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:06 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Feb 13 2014, 06:05 PM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>prince palatine</dt><dd>Feb 13 2014, 05:41 PM</dd></dl><div>Would be a bitch to work on in Maya, but the outcome should look good :)[/quote]Perhaps so, but it'd definitely be good to have for when I restart DoW. Had a little practice as well just now-

:P[/quote]Don't let Josh see that&#33; :P

GF93

Team Ectogasm's workshop

Post by GF93 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:13 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>prince palatine</dt><dd>Feb 13 2014, 06:06 PM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Feb 13 2014, 06:05 PM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>prince palatine</dt><dd>Feb 13 2014, 05:41 PM</dd></dl><div>Would be a bitch to work on in Maya, but the outcome should look good :)[/quote]Perhaps so, but it'd definitely be good to have for when I restart DoW. Had a little practice as well just now-

:P[/quote]Don't let Josh see that&#33; :P[/quote]Just put a massive great frame around Zombie Killer, and he'll be alright. :D
ICE³ ROBOTICS

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Team Ectogasm's workshop

Post by NWOWWE » Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:03 pm

Hey look GF&#33; It's your final resting place&#33; :v:
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.