Team Ectogasm's workshop

Get your creative juices flowing and submit your own media, art, ariticles, or whatever you think people will find at least mildly entertaining to this site. We promote intelligence.
GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Team Ectogasm's workshop

Post by GF93 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:45 am

Even then- to be honest, Pits are a bit more interesting to tend than Rabbits at least. Misunderstood creatures, but they make great pets. :P
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

prince palatine

Team Ectogasm's workshop

Post by prince palatine » Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:23 am

Recently, I've roped my girlfriend into the CFL world after explaining to her how it works. Then we both designed this new LW bot together, most of the ideas coming from her with a few last minute add-ons from me.

Lads and gents, please welcome... Epicdemic! a 6WD drive rammer that is fast, efficient and will have a lot of torque behind it. It's wedge is a Blackrose/Annoying Box Rush inspired plow wedge to get under and shove enemies around. The skirts are tightly fitted close to the robot chassis, to make it harder for people to wedge it. The skirts also go somewhat behind the plows sides, giving it further wedge protection. The bot will also be heavily armoured to withstand spinners. A last minute add on by me however, was that I noticed how all my rammers have nothing to attack with when inverted, so Epicdemic has 2 options! The first is a hinged wedge that flops over to work inverted, or in the most likely case, and inverted version of the front wedge can be used, making Epicdemic a much more lethal machine. One last thing I may add later is something to trap robots with, to prevent monster trucking.

All in all I can say... My girlfriend is a fucking genius! XD

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Team Ectogasm's workshop

Post by NWOWWE » Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:01 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>prince palatine</dt><dd>Dec 21 2013, 09:23 AM</dd></dl><div>All in all I can say... My girlfriend is a fucking genius&#33; XD[/quote]Well fortunately enough for you. ;) (oooooh multi-meaning joke&#33;)

Seriously though, looks cool. :cool:
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

playzooki

Team Ectogasm's workshop

Post by playzooki » Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:26 am

get her to sign up

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Team Ectogasm's workshop

Post by GF93 » Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:52 pm

Whoa, that's a good machine- I could certainly imagine it being effective in a bracket where there are lots of spinners. Like the blue colour scheme too, very snazzy.
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

MassimoV

Team Ectogasm's workshop

Post by MassimoV » Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:24 pm

A brick? You don't say.

Badnik96

Team Ectogasm's workshop

Post by Badnik96 » Sat Dec 21, 2013 5:25 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>playzooki</dt><dd>Dec 21 2013, 11:26 AM</dd></dl><div>get her to sign up[/quote]If she does, hopefully she sticks around longer than Rooster and Dennis have.
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ

playzooki

Team Ectogasm's workshop

Post by playzooki » Sun Dec 22, 2013 3:50 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Badnik96</dt><dd>Dec 21 2013, 05:25 PM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>playzooki</dt><dd>Dec 21 2013, 11:26 AM</dd></dl><div>get her to sign up[/quote]If she does, hopefully she sticks around longer than Rooster and Dennis have.[/quote]I tried to get irl people to sign up...

forever alone :qq:

prince palatine

Team Ectogasm's workshop

Post by prince palatine » Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:12 pm

Made some modifications to Epicdemic to make it much better adapted to fight wedges.

Feature's an all new black plate thing at the bottom for dealing with a lot of tricky wedges. Also no incorporates anti-trucking fangs. The last improvement is the new major wedge attachment to battle uber wedges such as Kody's yet to be revealed counter. And yes, I know the wedges are asymmetrical.

All in all, a much more lethal and improved bot.

playzooki

Team Ectogasm's workshop

Post by playzooki » Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:51 pm

cool

NFX

Team Ectogasm's workshop

Post by NFX » Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:13 pm

What is the major wedge attachment supposed to do? It looks steeper than the normal wedge, I'd have thought it would be a hindrance.
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

Braveheart / Crash Blossom / Depth Charge / Broken Ghost / Murder Death Unit / Agent X

RoBattle
Override - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 3 pts
MiDAS - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 0 pts

it was a gigantic masturbation of polygons :v - That Kode Guy

prince palatine

Team Ectogasm's workshop

Post by prince palatine » Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:12 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NFX</dt><dd>Jan 25 2014, 05:13 PM</dd></dl><div>What is the major wedge attachment supposed to do? It looks steeper than the normal wedge, I'd have thought it would be a hindrance.[/quote]It's meant to help push opponents around and prevent them from getting under the main bot itself. Also, it would mean rammers would have to go through 2 wedges to get underneath.

Meh, can't word that right, maybe I'll make some changes.

prince palatine

Team Ectogasm's workshop

Post by prince palatine » Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:59 pm

And just when you thought it couldn't get any worse... it does

The new and improved major wedge attachments&#33; Front wedge attachment has become one full wedge piece that should find it easier to get underneath opponents with the bit at the front. The sides feature new wedges there to make wedging from the side absolute hell to deal with along with the skirts. And at the rear, we have three Underall/Pursuit/Smoke and Mirrors inspired "Piano" wedges that work inverted for if it gets flipped over, the fangs on the back also prevent monster trucking, and there are a set of fangs at the bottom as well for when the bot gets inverted.

Note: The rear wedges are only up that high so they could be seen properly.

Extra: NFX will now think I'm an even bigger dick for this :P

NFX

Team Ectogasm's workshop

Post by NFX » Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:02 pm

That is the Starship fucking Enterprise.
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

Braveheart / Crash Blossom / Depth Charge / Broken Ghost / Murder Death Unit / Agent X

RoBattle
Override - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 3 pts
MiDAS - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 0 pts

it was a gigantic masturbation of polygons :v - That Kode Guy

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Team Ectogasm's workshop

Post by That Kode Guy » Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:07 pm

jesus christ

how many fucking wedges do you need on that thing

god
This account is in a state of dimensional flux