Ice Cubed Robotics

Get your creative juices flowing and submit your own media, art, ariticles, or whatever you think people will find at least mildly entertaining to this site. We promote intelligence.
British-Robotics

Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by British-Robotics » Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:14 am

Awesome looking design of Uridium, I prefer this one compared to the previous.

NFX

Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by NFX » Thu Sep 08, 2016 6:11 am

Definitely an improvement on previous.
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

Braveheart / Crash Blossom / Depth Charge / Broken Ghost / Murder Death Unit / Agent X

RoBattle
Override - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 3 pts
MiDAS - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 0 pts

it was a gigantic masturbation of polygons :v - That Kode Guy

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by Venice Queen » Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:28 am

Aren't sprung wedges still illegal?
‽ ROBOTICS
CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//Nick's Fuzzy Rules -- -- Hobbyweight//Bot-o-Rama//Buzzkill -- -- Arbitraryweight//D12//Listen Here, Grandad, This Is America, Everyone Here Eats Ass

Bots that I think are better than my actual champions: Chimera // Venice Queen // Cuddle Time!

V900? Wheres V1-899 ~NickyDustyOwl
fridge ~ V900

Wasn't Ted Bundy physically attractive though? ~Superbomb122
get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

Badnik96

Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by Badnik96 » Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:02 pm

Why couldn't you keep the blue??? :v:
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ

NFX

Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by NFX » Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:30 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>The_Angry_Goat</dt><dd>Sep 8 2016, 11:28 AM</dd></dl><div>Aren't sprung wedges still illegal?[/quote]I'm pretty sure they were. If you did try to use them, though, they'd just end up getting caught on the seams in the floor.
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

Braveheart / Crash Blossom / Depth Charge / Broken Ghost / Murder Death Unit / Agent X

RoBattle
Override - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 3 pts
MiDAS - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 0 pts

it was a gigantic masturbation of polygons :v - That Kode Guy

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by GF93 » Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:07 pm

Thanks for the reception so far, everyone&#33; Just to answer a few questions- the reason I changed it from blue to white was to give a more spaceship-like look, similarly to Apollo (From the new Robot Wars) and as a reference to the Manta ship from the original game. Sadly couldn't include any laser cannons, though. :v: Likewise, I wasn't really aware that Sprung Wedges/Skirts are illegal nowadays (or at least, I forgot), so I can swap those out for hinged ones if need be.

As for the stats, I was thinking this for the spread-
Speed: 5
Traction: 3
Torque: 2
Weapon: 11
Armour: 9

Basically, slight downgrade in the Hammer power due to the fact it always does corner damage anyway (Though I'm not sure if I should go 4 Traction and 10 Weapon instead?), but it's got improved acceleration/torque and armour for more effectively taking the fight to opponents directly.
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

GF93

Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by GF93 » Thu Sep 08, 2016 4:47 pm

Yay for crude editing. :v:

Anyway, I've replaced all the spring wedges and skirts with hinged ones, so hopefully that should make it a bit more legal, but still hopefully very effective. It's also up in the signups with the stats mentioned above. Although, would it be better with 3 Traction and 11 Weapon Power, or with 4 Traction and 10 Weapon Power?
Last edited by GF93 on Thu Sep 08, 2016 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

Venice Queen

Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by Venice Queen » Thu Sep 08, 2016 5:03 pm

Depends on if you like turning or not
‽ ROBOTICS
CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//Nick's Fuzzy Rules -- -- Hobbyweight//Bot-o-Rama//Buzzkill -- -- Arbitraryweight//D12//Listen Here, Grandad, This Is America, Everyone Here Eats Ass

Bots that I think are better than my actual champions: Chimera // Venice Queen // Cuddle Time!

fridge ~ V900

get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

GF93

Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by GF93 » Thu Sep 08, 2016 5:13 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>The_Angry_Goat</dt><dd>Sep 8 2016, 05:03 PM</dd></dl><div>Depends on if you like turning or not[/quote]Seriously, though. I mean, Kody seems to be doing OK enough with a very similar drive arrangement (5 Speed, 3 Traction, and 4WD, although I have 1 more Torque) in Pressure Drop, so I'm going by that at the moment- but I'm just not really certain whether or not the Hammer will be powerful enough at 10.
ICE³ ROBOTICS

Badnik96

Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by Badnik96 » Thu Sep 08, 2016 5:35 pm

I would suggest making your rear wheels omni wheels, effectively giving you a 2WD turning circle.
Team Ignition

GF93

Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by GF93 » Thu Sep 08, 2016 5:38 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Badnik96</dt><dd>Sep 8 2016, 05:35 PM</dd></dl><div>I would suggest making your rear wheels omni wheels, effectively giving you a 2WD turning circle.[/quote]You know what, I reckon I might do that- that way, I can have both the turning and the Hammer power. :P

Just to confirm though, any potential downsides to doing that before I swap the rear wheels out?
ICE³ ROBOTICS

Badnik96

Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by Badnik96 » Thu Sep 08, 2016 5:50 pm

I can't see many, maybe a little horizontal stability when you get hit, but other than that I don't think there are any.
Team Ignition

GF93

Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by GF93 » Thu Sep 08, 2016 5:55 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Badnik96</dt><dd>Sep 8 2016, 05:50 PM</dd></dl><div>I can't see many, maybe a little horizontal stability when you get hit, but other than that I don't think there are any.[/quote]Excellent&#33; Thank you Dylan, I'll add them on accordingly.
ICE³ ROBOTICS

Venice Queen

Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by Venice Queen » Thu Sep 08, 2016 6:12 pm

it'll be much harder to drive in a straight line, and IRL that sorta drive takes getting used to because it's the reverse of a car - you're swinging your back end around instead of your front
‽ ROBOTICS

fridge ~ V900

get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

GF93

Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by GF93 » Thu Sep 08, 2016 6:34 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>The_Angry_Goat</dt><dd>Sep 8 2016, 06:12 PM</dd></dl><div>it'll be much harder to drive in a straight line, and IRL that sorta drive takes getting used to because it's the reverse of a car - you're swinging your back end around instead of your front[/quote]Crap, wish I'd seen this before I added it. Should I keep it, or will it be too much of a problem to drive? Like, I'm liking the idea of doing something different, but not if it comes at the cost of being able to get good pushes and things in.

EDIT: After some pondering, the LW will be the next design I'm making tonight. Watch this space&#33;
Last edited by GF93 on Thu Sep 08, 2016 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ICE³ ROBOTICS