Ice Cubed Robotics

Get your creative juices flowing and submit your own media, art, ariticles, or whatever you think people will find at least mildly entertaining to this site. We promote intelligence.
GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by GF93 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:59 pm

The next thing to showcase is an existing design, albiet with new improvements. You might remember Lethal Injection, my SHW entry in FRR Dead Zone. I intended for it to be an Anti-Spinner design, but it didn't do so well due to its lack of armour and effective weaponry. However, with the Scotsman's help-
- to improve it for its next competition, it's now been provided with a flat lifting plate, interchangable with the spikes to help it get under and upend both HSes and VSes far more easily, with far less damage.
It's also being improved armour-wise (with both the front and back ends being reinforced), and its lifter and wedge strengthened in both formats, so it can actually lift stuff in under a week!

Do let me know what you think.
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

NFX

Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by NFX » Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:48 pm

I don't think the reinforcement's strictly necessary, in my view. It'll reduce the armour of the rest of the bot quite significantly if you reinforce two areas (take a look at what happened to Freezerburn), plus the weapon gets a bonus of two armour points, provided the Weapon stat isn't greater than the Armour stat already. If you take a look at the ARC regulations in detail, you'll come across quite a few...not exactly loopholes, but quirks of the rules, that you can exploit with your bot's design to give it some more advantages in battle. =)
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

Braveheart / Crash Blossom / Depth Charge / Broken Ghost / Murder Death Unit / Agent X

RoBattle
Override - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 3 pts
MiDAS - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 0 pts

it was a gigantic masturbation of polygons :v - That Kode Guy

GF93

Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by GF93 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:59 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NFX</dt><dd>Feb 23 2012&#44; 05:48 PM</dd></dl><div> I don't think the reinforcement's strictly necessary, in my view. It'll reduce the armour of the rest of the bot quite significantly if you reinforce two areas (take a look at what happened to Freezerburn), plus the weapon gets a bonus of two armour points, provided the Weapon stat isn't greater than the Armour stat already. If you take a look at the ARC regulations in detail, you'll come across quite a few...not exactly loopholes, but quirks of the rules, that you can exploit with your bot's design to give it some more advantages in battle. =) [/quote]
Ah, OK. In general though, I do think that strengthening the lifter is necessary- last time, it was a bit wimpy, so hopefully I can change that this time ^^
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

GF93

Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by GF93 » Mon May 21, 2012 7:51 pm

So...any other thoughts?
ICE³ ROBOTICS

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by That Kode Guy » Mon May 21, 2012 8:55 pm

I'd shorten the length of the lifter by at least half if I were you. With that length, if a bot outspeeds LI and gets around the turning circle of the lifter, you're shit outta luck. With a shorter length you can get the lifter in quicker and ward away attacks.

Just my two cents though.
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

GF93

Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by GF93 » Tue May 22, 2012 1:19 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>KodeBreaker</dt><dd>May 21 2012&#44; 08:55 PM</dd></dl><div> I'd shorten the length of the lifter by at least half if I were you. With that length, if a bot outspeeds LI and gets around the turning circle of the lifter, you're shit outta luck. With a shorter length you can get the lifter in quicker and ward away attacks.

Just my two cents though. [/quote]
That's a good point. I mainly made them long so that it could get underneath things like big Bar Spinners (Think Suicide Bomber, from FRR), tip them up, and cause them to hit the floor with their own bars, without taking damage myself.

Although, I suppose I could commission something to help it fight different opponents, like a short wedge or scoop or something. Is there a limit for how many different attachments you can have per robot?
ICE³ ROBOTICS

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by That Kode Guy » Wed May 23, 2012 12:10 am

It depends on who's running the tournament I guess. I would have about 3 attachments per bot in my tournaments, although I've seen 5 (and more) in other places.
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

prince palatine

Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by prince palatine » Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:43 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Feb 6 2012&#44; 08:31 AM</dd></dl><div> No idea if this the correct place for them or not, but considering that I've been on a few new designs as of late, I figured I'd create a ICR thread to showcase them all in, and discuss potential ideas and things for robots. (Special thanks to NFX for rendering them in 3D)

First up-
Marauder, a tank-like and predominantly anti-spinner design for the Middleweight category, with a focus on thick armour, great power, traction and reliability from its armoured caterpillar track system, and good weaponry for its purpose.
It's armed with a powerful Reinforced Lifting Wedge electrically-driven by Linear Actuators on both sides, allowing it to function unhindered either way up, as well as a pair of tungsten-tipped Ramming Spikes at the rear.

On a side note, its track-based design allows it to run unhindered when inverted, climb up steep inclines and over opponents when its wedge is raised, and even lift its own front end off the ground with its weapon- no idea how I'll use it, but probably as a victory pose.
And what more can I say? Marauder&#33; [/quote]
It's taken me this long to notice this bot

Fucking hell it looks amazing&#33; I hope you enter it in a future tournament (Or Crazy Bots once I sort all the shit for it out.

GF93

Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by GF93 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:35 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>prince palatine</dt><dd>Jan 12 2013&#44; 04:43 PM</dd></dl><div> <blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Feb 6 2012&#44; 08:31 AM</dd></dl><div> No idea if this the correct place for them or not, but considering that I've been on a few new designs as of late, I figured I'd create a ICR thread to showcase them all in, and discuss potential ideas and things for robots. (Special thanks to NFX for rendering them in 3D)

First up-
Marauder, a tank-like and predominantly anti-spinner design for the Middleweight category, with a focus on thick armour, great power, traction and reliability from its armoured caterpillar track system, and good weaponry for its purpose.
It's armed with a powerful Reinforced Lifting Wedge electrically-driven by Linear Actuators on both sides, allowing it to function unhindered either way up, as well as a pair of tungsten-tipped Ramming Spikes at the rear.

On a side note, its track-based design allows it to run unhindered when inverted, climb up steep inclines and over opponents when its wedge is raised, and even lift its own front end off the ground with its weapon- no idea how I'll use it, but probably as a victory pose.
And what more can I say? Marauder&#33; [/quote]
It's taken me this long to notice this bot

Fucking hell it looks amazing&#33; I hope you enter it in a future tournament (Or Crazy Bots once I sort all the shit for it out. [/quote]
No worries, it only took just under a year to do so :P

Glad you like it, though- I definitely hope to enter it into something, and who knows? Crazy Bots might well be a good testing ground for it- I can definitely see it doing OK against the Spinners.
ICE³ ROBOTICS

prince palatine

Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by prince palatine » Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:44 pm

Yeah, I am slow with these kind of things

But yeah, this is an excellent design. I'm sure it can handle spinners and maybe some wedges too

Badnik96

Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by Badnik96 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:51 pm

GF, you saw Marauder beat GraveRobber in Robomania right?
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ

GF93

Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by GF93 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:11 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Badnik96</dt><dd>Jan 13 2013&#44; 12:51 PM</dd></dl><div> GF, you saw Marauder beat GraveRobber in Robomania right? [/quote]
It did? Fantastic news&#33; It's been a long time since I've checked there, though. Got a link?
ICE³ ROBOTICS

Badnik96

Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by Badnik96 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:20 pm

Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ

GF93

Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by GF93 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:21 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Badnik96</dt><dd>Jan 13 2013&#44; 02:20 PM</dd></dl><div> http://gametechmods.com/forums/index.ph ... 423.0.html [/quote]
Schweet. I had no idea it'd be that effective&#33; :D
ICE³ ROBOTICS

GF93

Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by GF93 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:53 pm

All right, time to introduce a new design for Ice Cubed Robotics. With many thanks to my lovely assistant Nick for providing the 3D render of it-

Here's Discord. Named after the reality-warping God of Chaos from MLP:FiM, it's a solid and reliable 4WD design that's armed with an electric-driven Tanto Axe than can strike up to four times a second, and a Pneumatic Bar Flipper that runs on low-pressure CO2 gas- this allows it to last much longer than convential high-pressure flippers, but still be powerful enough to quickly self-right and toss opponents around quite handily, great for setting opponents up for a hail of axe blows.

Still contemplating the stats, but once I've got them right, it should be quite a mean all-round competitor.
ICE³ ROBOTICS