Ice Cubed Robotics

Get your creative juices flowing and submit your own media, art, ariticles, or whatever you think people will find at least mildly entertaining to this site. We promote intelligence.
prince palatine

Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by prince palatine » Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:10 pm

Looks utterly amazing! :D

Though I'd do something about those sides, spinners would make a nice snack out of that.

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by NWOWWE » Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:18 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>prince palatine</dt><dd>Mar 7 2013&#44; 02:10 PM</dd></dl><div> Looks utterly amazing&#33; :D [/quote]
Does it? I'm still trying to make it out. :P

Though in all seriousness I'm intrigued to see how the duel hammer/flipper set-up will perform.

Now to see what fictional character I'll be sending out this fictional character.
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

prince palatine

Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by prince palatine » Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:19 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NWOWWE</dt><dd>Mar 7 2013&#44; 02:18 PM</dd></dl><div> <blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>prince palatine</dt><dd>Mar 7 2013&#44; 02:10 PM</dd></dl><div> Looks utterly amazing&#33;&nbsp; :D [/quote]
Does it? I'm still trying to make it out. :P

Though in all seriousness I'm intrigued to see how the duel hammer/flipper set-up will perform.

Now to see what fictional character I'll be sending out this fictional character. [/quote]
Send in Commander Shepard? (Or however you spell it :P)

NWOWWE

Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by NWOWWE » Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:21 pm

Naw, I've already got two Mass Effect bots. I try to not get too dependant on any one source.
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by GF93 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:31 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>prince palatine</dt><dd>Mar 7 2013&#44; 02:10 PM</dd></dl><div> Looks utterly amazing&#33;
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

NWOWWE

Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by NWOWWE » Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:36 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>As for your choice of fictional character...I'd suggest Unicron, personally. No, that's not a typo. [/quote]
Yeah I've never heard of that, so it's not an option. :v:

GF93

Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by GF93 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:42 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NWOWWE</dt><dd>Mar 7 2013&#44; 02:36 PM</dd></dl><div> <blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>As for your choice of fictional character...I'd suggest Unicron, personally. No, that's not a typo. [/quote]
Yeah I've never heard of that, so it's not an option. :v: [/quote]
Just for reference-
Also known as the Chaos Bringer and the Planet Eater, Unicron is a planet-sized demigod, known to have devoured countless worlds, killed trillions of lives, and in Transformers canon, is among one of the most powerful beings in existence.

And voiced by Orson Welles, too&#33;
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

MassimoV

Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by MassimoV » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:39 pm

This is pretty much how Mortis would be if it comppeted in S7 of RW.

GF93

Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by GF93 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:37 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>MassimoV</dt><dd>Mar 7 2013&#44; 10:39 PM</dd></dl><div> This is pretty much how Mortis would be if it comppeted in S7 of RW. [/quote]
Yes, I do remember seeing that they converted Mortis to enter it for Series 7, giving it wheels and a better self-righting mechanism from what I recall.

Shame it didn't qualify though, it'd have been awesome to see it back again- I mean, why would you not have classic robots like Mortis and Stinger, yet allow crap like Killerkat, BOD and Cobra to qualify?
ICE³ ROBOTICS

prince palatine

Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by prince palatine » Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:23 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Mar 8 2013&#44; 06:37 AM</dd></dl><div> <blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>MassimoV</dt><dd>Mar 7 2013&#44; 10:39 PM</dd></dl><div> This is pretty much how Mortis would be if it comppeted in S7 of RW. [/quote]
Yes, I do remember seeing that they converted Mortis to enter it for Series 7, giving it wheels and a better self-righting mechanism from what I recall.

Shame it didn't qualify though, it'd have been awesome to see it back again- I mean, why would you not have classic robots like Mortis and Stinger, yet allow crap like Killerkat, BOD and Cobra to qualify? [/quote]
I think the reason Mortis did not get in was it was not finished in time.

GF93

Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by GF93 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:16 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>prince palatine</dt><dd>Mar 8 2013&#44; 04:23 PM</dd></dl><div> I think the reason Mortis did not get in was it was not finished in time. [/quote]
Ah, OK. That's fair enough.

Still, did you see my plans for a LW revision of Dreadnought in the Ruination thread? If not-
<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Mar 8 2013&#44; 03:56 PM</dd></dl><div>
Talking of Dreadnought actually, I'm working on a reworked LW "Younger Brother" to it that should improve upon the original in several ways.
I'm planning to enter it into a future competition (Most likely the League of Robotic Excellence), and if it does well, I'll implement the changes into Dreadnought's upcoming redesign.

It should be pretty awesome once it's finished- the name's in the "League of Robotic Excellence" signups.&nbsp; :P [/quote]
ICE³ ROBOTICS

prince palatine

Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by prince palatine » Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:38 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Mar 8 2013&#44; 05:16 PM</dd></dl><div> <blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>prince palatine</dt><dd>Mar 8 2013&#44; 04:23 PM</dd></dl><div> I think the reason Mortis did not get in was it was not finished in time. [/quote]
Ah, OK. That's fair enough.

Still, did you see my plans for a LW revision of Dreadnought in the Ruination thread? If not-
<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Mar 8 2013&#44; 03:56 PM</dd></dl><div>
Talking of Dreadnought actually, I'm working on a reworked LW "Younger Brother" to it that should improve upon the original in several ways.
I'm planning to enter it into a future competition (Most likely the League of Robotic Excellence), and if it does well, I'll implement the changes into Dreadnought's upcoming redesign.

It should be pretty awesome once it's finished- the name's in the "League of Robotic Excellence" signups.

GF93

Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by GF93 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:07 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>prince palatine</dt><dd>Mar 8 2013&#44; 05:38 PM</dd></dl><div>
Yeah, I did notice your new plans. I hope you got rid of that spike however, cause it never really got used and to be fair was not that effective. Perhaps you could make it a double purpose flipper and have a front hinged flipper like Cassius 2/Firestorm, but attach a wedge or scoop like attachment at the back, meaning you could go rear hinged against spinners (With the armour bonus of course) Or as rear protection.

Just my two cents really. [/quote]
Don't worry, I've removed the Pneumatic Spike. As fun a weapon to use as it was, it never saw much action and only really served to divert power from the flipper, so I got rid of it and instead overhauled the plumbing on the flipper, so it fires faster and more powerfully at 3 rather than 2 weapon potency.

The other most major change I made apart from its general shape and weaponry is the addition of an adjustable air suspension system in the front wedge and wheels. Some of its capabilities will include-

- Allowing it to turn more sharply, by leaning into its turns on one side.
- Raising its ground clearance at the front and use its speed to easily drive over opponent's wedges and thus get behind them, ala Hammer & Nails.
- Raising its back and driving its wedge into the ground, potentially allowing it to outdo opponents and get under opponents with similar wedge stats.
- Lowering its back and raising its front wedge to push flat-sided opponents as well as it would using its rear but with the same control as standard driving, or alternatively to use the wedge blade as a ramming weapon if necessary.
- Lowering its clearance completely for all-round defence against designs like undercutters and other flippers.

Its other more general improvements include increased agility, (From both the air suspension and diverting a point from the old two-weapon system to the Traction), a wider wedge, a lower & more angular chassis that will be better for deflecting blows, and a bigger flipper that extends to the top of the wedge as well.
Many thanks for the suggestion of an anti-spinner bumper at the back- the rear wedge on Discord is relatively similar to what I have in mind, so I'm sure I can implement something similar to allow it to better control spinners.

And as for the name? Much like Dreadnought, I've chosen to name it after a Royal Navy vessel.
In this case, Conqueror, or Conks for short- named after HMS Conqueror, a Churchill-Class Nuclear Submarine known for sinking the ARA General Belgrano in the Falklands War.
ICE³ ROBOTICS

GF93

Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by GF93 » Mon May 20, 2013 4:58 pm

Well, seeing as there's not been much going on here, I'll put the new CADs for my CBBR entries here for safe keeping.

Conqueror. I love its almost Stealth Bomber-like appearance- I'm planning to use aspects from it and the original Dreadnought the basis for Dreadnought Mk. II.

Black Mamba. I've been very happy with its performance so far, I've got to say. Not bad for only my second Superheavyweight&#33;

I'll also put Waterloo Sunset's CAD in here once it's finished. Comments?
ICE³ ROBOTICS

GF93

Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by GF93 » Fri May 24, 2013 11:21 am

Also, I've got at least one new design lined up for LORE. Here's the first one-

Flatline, my new planned Lightweight. A combined rammer/flipper design, it's armed with a powerful Four-Bar Flipper to knock opponents around, along with great speed from its grippy 4WD, along with good stability and resilience from its very low chassis.

Also has an interesting little design feature in the form of its front wedge- it's much lower than the chassis itself, creating a notch that can trap opponents, specifically designed to counter "Monster Trucking".
I hope to arrange to have it CADed fairly soon, but thoughts so far? I know the scan's a bit wonky, but hopefully it'll give a general idea of the design.
ICE³ ROBOTICS