Ice Cubed Robotics

Get your creative juices flowing and submit your own media, art, ariticles, or whatever you think people will find at least mildly entertaining to this site. We promote intelligence.
Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by Venice Queen » Mon Dec 28, 2015 5:08 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Dec 28 2015, 02:20 PM</dd></dl><div>Yeah. Kind of sucks that even utilities that you don't directly attack opponents with cost points just like weapons.[/quote]I still cant believe that Srimechs dont cost weapon points RN... they take up space and power IRL :v:
‽ ROBOTICS
CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//Nick's Fuzzy Rules -- -- Hobbyweight//Bot-o-Rama//Buzzkill -- -- Arbitraryweight//D12//Listen Here, Grandad, This Is America, Everyone Here Eats Ass

Bots that I think are better than my actual champions: Chimera // Venice Queen // Cuddle Time!

V900? Wheres V1-899 ~NickyDustyOwl
fridge ~ V900

Wasn't Ted Bundy physically attractive though? ~Superbomb122
get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by GF93 » Mon Dec 28, 2015 5:15 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>The_Angry_Goat</dt><dd>Dec 28 2015, 05:08 PM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Dec 28 2015, 02:20 PM</dd></dl><div>Yeah. Kind of sucks that even utilities that you don't directly attack opponents with cost points just like weapons.[/quote]I still cant believe that Srimechs dont cost weapon points RN... they take up space and power IRL :v:[/quote]Yup. So you'd think if Srimechs can be added on for free despite them having their own separate mechanisms and things, other "utility parts" that aren't directly used as weapons- like adjustable suspension, wheelie bars or Voltronic-style wheel covers (Which in some cases would actually take up less space and power than a srimech. :v: )- would be allowed by that logic as well.
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

GF93

Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by GF93 » Sun May 01, 2016 8:52 am

Anyway, so just to blow the dust off, here's my HW entry for FRR Backlash. Hits both ways, turret spins all the way round, good for smash stuff. Thoughts?
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

NFX

Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by NFX » Sun May 01, 2016 8:58 am

Looks pretty neat. Is it only the uppermost tier that rotates, or is it the top two?
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

Braveheart / Crash Blossom / Depth Charge / Broken Ghost / Murder Death Unit / Agent X

RoBattle
Override - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 3 pts
MiDAS - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 0 pts

it was a gigantic masturbation of polygons :v - That Kode Guy

GF93

Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by GF93 » Sun May 01, 2016 9:26 am

Thanks, Nick. Just so you know, only the top half (IE. Second tier) rotates. The bit at the top serves as part of the mounting for the Hammer.
ICE³ ROBOTICS

GF93

Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by GF93 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:42 am

Introducing my FW for the Cherry Bomb Classic. He's probably not winning any points for originality but for referencing an old machine? Tenouttaten&#33;

Anyway, here's Torque Dirty 2 Me, the reincarnation of a FW I built IRL for a Prince's Trust course last year. Nice robust Breaker Box-esque rammer and lifter with a big heavy scoop, red tyres, and a rather cool evil face on the front. Stats to come.
ICE³ ROBOTICS

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by That Kode Guy » Wed Sep 07, 2016 2:06 am

<iframe type='text/html' width="480" height="270" src='https://www.youtube.com/embed/_oDepfsXmKI' frameborder='0' allowfullscreen=''></iframe>
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

NFX

Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by NFX » Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:49 am

Solid, dependable, and very cheap :v: Should perform strongly with good stats.
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

Braveheart / Crash Blossom / Depth Charge / Broken Ghost / Murder Death Unit / Agent X

RoBattle

Peskius

Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by Peskius » Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:00 am

omg that grin hahahaha

GF93

Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by GF93 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:03 am

Thanks for the reception so far&#33; Although I liked how the design came out, one of my favourite things about this one was as Peskius mentioned, the grin on the front. It's actually a carry-over from the original Torque Dirty, and the idea of having it wickedly smiling instead of snarling this time around was actually inspired by the 2016 version of Thermidor 2 doing the same thing. Like he's relishing the prospect of murdering all the spinners. :v:

As for the stat spread, here's what I was thinking so far-

Soeed- 7
Traction- 6
Torque- 4
Weapon- 3
Armour- 10
ICE³ ROBOTICS

NFX

Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by NFX » Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:36 am

That looks like a pretty good spread to me. I might give a point or two Armour bonus to the front of the lifter for some extra spinner defenses, I think you should be able to get away with that.
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

RoBattle

GF93

Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by GF93 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:11 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NFX</dt><dd>Sep 7 2016, 09:36 AM</dd></dl><div>That looks like a pretty good spread to me. I might give a point or two Armour bonus to the front of the lifter for some extra spinner defenses, I think you should be able to get away with that.[/quote]Thanks. With the 10 Armour, that should probably be do-able. :proud:
ICE³ ROBOTICS

GF93

Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by GF93 » Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:05 am

Next up, the SHW. Again, stats to come.
ICE³ ROBOTICS

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by That Kode Guy » Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:22 am

Oh look, it's Beta. :v:
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

GF93

Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by GF93 » Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:24 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>KodeBreaker</dt><dd>Sep 8 2016, 01:22 AM</dd></dl><div>Oh look, it's Beta. :v:[/quote]With hammer brackets that are near-Tombstoneproofed. :v:
ICE³ ROBOTICS