Ice Cubed Robotics

Get your creative juices flowing and submit your own media, art, ariticles, or whatever you think people will find at least mildly entertaining to this site. We promote intelligence.
GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by GF93 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:56 am

Also-

Here's a design I worked on some time ago, but never really got round to finishing- Lyra, a MW Flipper/Rammer. Completely rebuilt from the previous version I showed last year or so, with loads of new improvements behind it. She now has a set of powerful interchangeable Fippers (Either a rear-hinged one for self-righting, or a four-bar one for effectively chucking opponents around), has had the useless rear scoop removed in favour of protruding back wheels for escaping wedges, removed the side skirts in favour of corner wedge protectors with enough space behind them to allow the front wedges (Pulled down from below and behind by a non-powered system of taut steel cables) to push down the front by several degrees and provide better wedgeability than average for a design of her kind.

So yup, she's a lot more versatile than she was, and hopefully better at fighting as well. Still completely adorable, though. :P
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

playzooki

Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by playzooki » Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:39 pm

its good except for the mlp bit

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by That Kode Guy » Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:44 pm

shots fired
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

GF93

Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by GF93 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:29 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>playzooki</dt><dd>Oct 27 2015, 05:39 PM</dd></dl><div>its good except for the mlp bit[/quote]Appreciated. The main reason for the MLP bit though, is sort of taking the Sunshine Lollibot approach to robot-building- proving that a threatening robot doesn't have to have a threatening name/theme and all. It's also sort of a holdover from the original design- which had the Spawn of Scutter-esque pneumatic spike that resembled a unicorn horn, so the theme worked there in particular. I liked it though, so I decided to keep it here as well- and especially if I can work out a way to do convincing hair in Maya. Then I'd give her a wig and decorative horn as well to put on before fights- ala Toro's bull horns or Airazor's feathers- to further add to the look.

Overall though, there's also a delicious sort of irony to kicking the crap out of people with a machine themed after a candy-coloured pony, so there's that as well. :v:
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by Venice Queen » Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:39 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Oct 27 2015, 06:29 PM</dd></dl><div>Overall though, there's also a delicious sort of irony to kicking the crap out of people with a machine themed after a candy-coloured pony, so there's that as well. :v: [/quote]Hilariously nonthreatening robot names are so enjoyable. I honestly think that the 4-bar linkage could prove capable of self-righting due to how high the end of its stroke is. definitely an overall solid design
‽ ROBOTICS
CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//Nick's Fuzzy Rules -- -- Hobbyweight//Bot-o-Rama//Buzzkill -- -- Arbitraryweight//D12//Listen Here, Grandad, This Is America, Everyone Here Eats Ass

Bots that I think are better than my actual champions: Chimera // Venice Queen // Cuddle Time!

V900? Wheres V1-899 ~NickyDustyOwl
fridge ~ V900

Wasn't Ted Bundy physically attractive though? ~Superbomb122
get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

GF93

Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by GF93 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:47 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>The_Angry_Goat</dt><dd>Oct 27 2015, 06:39 PM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Oct 27 2015, 06:29 PM</dd></dl><div>Overall though, there's also a delicious sort of irony to kicking the crap out of people with a machine themed after a candy-coloured pony, so there's that as well. :v: [/quote]Hilariously nonthreatening robot names are so enjoyable. I honestly think that the 4-bar linkage could prove capable of self-righting due to how high the end of its stroke is. definitely an overall solid design[/quote]I decided to go with having two setups just to make sure it could self-right, however- it'd be great if it could self-right as it was with the four-bar Flipper (Which I reckon it probably could, due to the high stroke/power, short chassis and lack of crap on the back to get in the way.), but since writer's discretion and all that (As well as Phantasmic Slammer not being allowed to self-right with its own one- though I'm not entirely sure why that was the case, so YMMV on that example.), I decided to have a rear- one as well just in case it couldn't, and also so that it could more effectively fight when it's at risk of being flipped over itself.

Thanks for the feedback as well, man. Lyra's been modified quite a lot over time but with this particular version, I have the feeling that she might actually be ready to fight. I'd say she's now probably a good ten times as strong as the original one- and if I can just get her stats right on top of the design, she should hopefully make quite the mean pusher. :P
ICE³ ROBOTICS

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by NWOWWE » Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:07 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Oct 27 2015, 06:29 PM</dd></dl><div>Overall though, there's also a delicious sort of irony to kicking the crap out of people with a machine themed after a candy-coloured pony, so there's that as well. :v: [/quote]There may be something to that since the Captain Flowers bot I put up in Mech Mash is a very similar shade of teal, to go along with a similarly non-threatening name. :D
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

GF93

Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by GF93 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:19 pm

And continuing on with the theme of scary robots with not-so scary names (Though the theme may arguably be a different story)-

Yes, now even I've fallen for the bar spinner craze. :v: Anyway, this is The Smiler, a LW spinner that's named and themed after the Alton Towers roller coaster of the same name. 4WD with protruding wheels out the back for escaping wedges, motor on top and extremely low chassis for as little clearance between the blade and the ground as possible (Though I am also working on an angled bar for wedges and other lower designs, ala Veto), wide wedge on the front for additional defence and to ensure it's not caught short if the weapon goes, and weighted hammer cutters on the bar(s) for both smashing and cutting effectively. The light green parts on the weapon are done in luminous paint, so they glow in the dark too, just because. :P

Quite happy with how this one's come out, so hopefully should be quite a mean contender if I can have it completely sorted for FRR No Mercy. Thoughts?
ICE³ ROBOTICS

NFX

Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by NFX » Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:36 pm

Very good design in its own right, and I do like the paint job as well. Perhaps slightly lacking in reach, but it'll definitely be a solid contender with the correct stats.

Although you're probably right about the theme, what with those five people that got hospitalized :v:
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

Braveheart / Crash Blossom / Depth Charge / Broken Ghost / Murder Death Unit / Agent X

RoBattle
Override - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 3 pts
MiDAS - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 0 pts

it was a gigantic masturbation of polygons :v - That Kode Guy

GF93

Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by GF93 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:44 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NFX</dt><dd>Nov 25 2015, 12:36 PM</dd></dl><div>Very good design in its own right, and I do like the paint job as well. Perhaps slightly lacking in reach, but it'll definitely be a solid contender with the correct stats.

Although you're probably right about the theme, what with those five people that got hospitalized :v:[/quote]Thanks, man. Like I say, not quite finished with it yet- still need to add the angled bar- so once I've done that, I can extend the other bar accordingly to increase the range a bit.

As for the theme- it's one I've had in mind for a while, even before the accident happened. With the news that the actual Smiler is going to reopen next year (Due to it being a result of human error rather than inherent mechanical failures), I decided to bring it back since I thought the name and theme (Particularly with the spirals) went well with a spinner. So now you know. :P
ICE³ ROBOTICS

Badnik96
Team: Team Ignition

Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by Badnik96 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:00 pm

That's certainly very cool. I like it.
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ

GF93

Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by GF93 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 6:41 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Badnik96</dt><dd>Nov 25 2015, 01:00 PM</dd></dl><div>That's certainly very cool. I like it.[/quote]Thanks, man. Currently been working on increasing the size of the bar (Making it longer and wider-ergo heavier- for improved range and damage capabilities) and making another bar that reaches closer to the ground for fighting wedges more effectively as well. Once those are ready, I'll provide the necessary updated pictures accordingly.
ICE³ ROBOTICS

MassimoV

Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by MassimoV » Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:35 pm

yall making LW with this setup, you should make a bigass HW with it

GF93

Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by GF93 » Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:56 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>MassimoV</dt><dd>Nov 26 2015, 07:35 PM</dd></dl><div>yall making LW with this setup, you should make a bigass HW with it[/quote]Fun fact, I was originally thinking of having it as a tracked SHW. :v:

Anyway, here are the revised bars I mentioned earlier. Improved the width and range of the old bar (Which only comes a few inches off the ground for some good damage potential), and have also made an angled bar from it that has about the same range as the old one along the ground. So, good for smashing the crap out of wedges and things. :v:
ICE³ ROBOTICS

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by That Kode Guy » Fri Nov 27, 2015 12:01 pm

WHY IS THE IMAGE SO BIG JESUS CHRIST RESIZE IT
This account is in a state of dimensional flux