Ice Cubed Robotics

Get your creative juices flowing and submit your own media, art, ariticles, or whatever you think people will find at least mildly entertaining to this site. We promote intelligence.
That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by That Kode Guy » Fri May 24, 2013 11:35 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>May 24 2013&#44; 12:21 PM</dd></dl><div> Also has an interesting little design feature in the form of its front wedge- it's much lower than the chassis itself, creating a notch that can trap opponents, specifically designed to counter "Monster Trucking".
I hope to arrange to have it CADed fairly soon, but thoughts so far? I know the scan's a bit wonky, but hopefully it'll give a general idea of the design. [/quote]
You had better give it good torque then. Anything with greater torque is going to shove that back like nobody's business. Give it good weapon power too or you won't be able to lift them away quickly enough.

Otherwise, not too shabby.
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by GF93 » Fri May 24, 2013 11:37 am

All part of the plan, Kody. No point in having a trapping ability if you can't make use of it, after all. :v:

Glad you like it, though. I'm planning to enter either it or Conqueror into LORE for the Lightweight Division, kind of depends on what my opponents are like. Got a choice of either a mean flipper, or a mean pusher. Both pretty good, though. :P
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by NWOWWE » Fri May 24, 2013 11:54 am

A four-bar flipper? No way&#33; :P

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>lolGF93</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>Hey stop entering the same stuff all the time Josh[/quote]
What else you got? :v:
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

GF93

Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by GF93 » Fri May 24, 2013 11:59 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NWOWWE</dt><dd>May 24 2013&#44; 11:54 AM</dd></dl><div> A four-bar flipper?&nbsp; No way&#33; :P

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>lolGF93</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>Hey stop entering the same stuff all the time Josh[/quote]
What else you got? :v: [/quote]
Yes way, they're great for kicking arse. :P
(Although it's actually a true Flipper this time, just to clarify)

As for the other question, I'm working on the rest of the designs as we speak. I'm definitely going to enter Mamba into the SHW Division, but the other three depend on the circumstances-

- If I enter Conqueror into the LWs, I'll use a new MW.
- If I enter Flatline into the LWs, I'll enter Dreadnought Mk. II into the MWs.

And in either case, I'm still deciding on which HW to use. I've decided to swap out Discord due to the stats being too problematic to asign without it being very weak somewhere, but I'll show everyone what else I have as soon as possible.
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by NWOWWE » Fri May 24, 2013 12:04 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>May 24 2013&#44; 12:59 PM</dd></dl><div> <blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NWOWWE</dt><dd>May 24 2013&#44; 11:54 AM</dd></dl><div> A four-bar flipper?
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

GF93

Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by GF93 » Fri May 24, 2013 12:08 pm

Probably, but in a cooler way. No undercutter in this World is going to stop me, neither this time, nor on CBBR. Not even Tax Cutter, Kody&#33; :v:

But with regards to the Flipper, yes- somewhere around there. It'll definitely be more than 2 power, at least.
ICE³ ROBOTICS

That Kode Guy

Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by That Kode Guy » Fri May 24, 2013 1:07 pm

All I can say is... prove it. :P

And at any rate, I agree with Josh. Don't you have any other ideas besides 4WD lifters/flippers? That's basically your CBBR team, knocking 2 wheels off of Conqueror and giving Marauder tracks instead.

Badnik96

Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by Badnik96 » Fri May 24, 2013 1:24 pm

wish the writing wasn't so darn blurry so I could read what it said, but from what I can see it looks pretty cool.
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ

GF93

Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by GF93 » Fri May 24, 2013 1:40 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>KodeBreaker</dt><dd>May 24 2013&#44; 01:07 PM</dd></dl><div> All I can say is... prove it. :P

And at any rate, I agree with Josh. Don't you have any other ideas besides 4WD lifters/flippers? That's basically your CBBR team, knocking 2 wheels off of Conqueror and giving Marauder tracks instead. [/quote]
Provided Lian actually does something with it, I'll be happy to. :v:

With regards to my ideas though, I have actually had plenty- I keep some documents around for which I write down the potential stats and ideas for them. Quite a massive variety of designs actually, which I hope to work with.

But yeah. I mainly choose Rammers, Lifters and Flippers, because they're both some of my favourite types of robot, and what I'm good at designing and RPing with. Still, if it sucks because of that, I'll scrap it if it's what you want. Just thought it looked pretty good, but obviously not.
ICE³ ROBOTICS

GF93

Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by GF93 » Fri May 24, 2013 6:37 pm

Also, and I know it's probably just me, but I find there's a bit of an over-dependence on a
ICE³ ROBOTICS

MadBull

Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by MadBull » Fri May 24, 2013 6:58 pm

... genuine question this, what is a 3D Union Jack? (like Terminal Velocity seemingly?)

NFX

Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by NFX » Fri May 24, 2013 7:02 pm

That is true for the most part, although if you look at designs like Cutie Honey and Pursuit, they both have far lower Wedge stats than would be expected, as did TSA2 in Ruination and Dead Zone. The lower Wedge stat meant that they could invest more points in their drivetrain, and outmanouver machines which would have otherwise outwedged them.

Also, maybe try and get a picture that isn't so shaky, it's a bit harder to read your writing than would be normal. =P
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

Braveheart / Crash Blossom / Depth Charge / Broken Ghost / Murder Death Unit / Agent X

RoBattle
Override - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 3 pts
MiDAS - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 0 pts

it was a gigantic masturbation of polygons :v - That Kode Guy

GF93

Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by GF93 » Fri May 24, 2013 7:23 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>MadBull</dt><dd>May 24 2013&#44; 06:58 PM</dd></dl><div> ... genuine question this, what is a 3D Union Jack? (like Terminal Velocity seemingly?) [/quote]
Oh, that? Glad you asked- that refers to those 3D badges it had on its sides-
Always like to include one somewhere on my robots. Bit of a design trait they all have in common, you see.

And yes, sorry about that, Nick- the College scanner was a bit wonky, and I didn't realise until I'd uploaded it. I'll try and upload a clearer version tommorow.
ICE³ ROBOTICS

That Kode Guy

Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by That Kode Guy » Fri May 24, 2013 9:27 pm

...how are they 3D though? Is it because it's being displayed in a 3D program, or is the texture 3D (and HOW?&#33;)?

GF93

Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by GF93 » Sat May 25, 2013 6:38 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>KodeBreaker</dt><dd>May 24 2013&#44; 09:27 PM</dd></dl><div> ...how are they 3D though? Is it because it's being displayed in a 3D program, or is the texture 3D (and HOW?&#33;)? [/quote]
Look closely at the sides- the badges are slightly raised up off the chassis.
ICE³ ROBOTICS