Ice Cubed Robotics

Get your creative juices flowing and submit your own media, art, ariticles, or whatever you think people will find at least mildly entertaining to this site. We promote intelligence.
GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by GF93 » Fri Nov 27, 2015 4:53 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>KodeBreaker</dt><dd>Nov 27 2015, 12:01 PM</dd></dl><div>WHY IS THE IMAGE SO BIG JESUS CHRIST RESIZE IT[/quote]Image

There ya go. :v:
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

GF93

Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by GF93 » Fri Nov 27, 2015 8:23 pm

Likewise, as for stats, I was thinking-

Speed- 4
Traction- 3
Torque- 2
Weapon- 14
Armour-7

- so that even though the top speed's fairly low, it'll be able to reach it quickly and still be able to drive around fairly effectively even with the blade going. The only thing I'm not so sure about is, is if the Armour would be too low for the Weapon Power for it to be reliable, and vice versa. Thoughts?
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

NFX

Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by NFX » Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:04 pm

With 7 Armour, the bar would have a weapon Armour of 9, so that's 5 below the Weapon power. It's more likely to simply start slowing down towards the end of the match rather than fail of its own accord with that disparity.
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

Braveheart / Crash Blossom / Depth Charge / Broken Ghost / Murder Death Unit / Agent X

RoBattle
Override - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 3 pts
MiDAS - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 0 pts

it was a gigantic masturbation of polygons :v - That Kode Guy

GF93

Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by GF93 » Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:48 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NFX</dt><dd>Nov 27 2015, 09:04 PM</dd></dl><div>With 7 Armour, the bar would have a weapon Armour of 9, so that's 5 below the Weapon power. It's more likely to simply start slowing down towards the end of the match rather than fail of its own accord with that disparity.[/quote]OK. So, swap 1 to Traction (2) to give to the Armour (8), maybe?
ICE³ ROBOTICS

NFX

Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by NFX » Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:41 am

Drop to 6 Armour, you mean? Well, you'd be more controlled, but you'd also be more likely for the weapon to stop working mid-match, which generally isn't what you want with designs such as this. I'd keep Wep/Arm the same at the moment, but then it wouldn't be much different than the other motor-on-top spinners in the division.
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

Braveheart / Crash Blossom / Depth Charge / Broken Ghost / Murder Death Unit / Agent X

RoBattle

GF93

Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by GF93 » Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:14 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NFX</dt><dd>Nov 28 2015, 09:41 AM</dd></dl><div>Drop to 6 Armour, you mean? Well, you'd be more controlled, but you'd also be more likely for the weapon to stop working mid-match, which generally isn't what you want with designs such as this. I'd keep Wep/Arm the same at the moment, but then it wouldn't be much different than the other motor-on-top spinners in the division.[/quote]No, I meant-

Speed- 4
Traction- 2
Torque- 2
Weapon- 14
Armour- 8
ICE³ ROBOTICS

NFX

Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by NFX » Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:17 am

Ah, I see. A base Armour of 8 would let your spinner keep going for the whole match, I'd have thought.
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

RoBattle

GF93

Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by GF93 » Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:30 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NFX</dt><dd>Nov 28 2015, 10:17 AM</dd></dl><div>Ah, I see. A base Armour of 8 would let your spinner keep going for the whole match, I'd have thought.[/quote]Nice. So in effect- it's a little bit slower in terms of top speed, but the Torque gives it the extra acceleration needed on top of ensuring it's not completely helpless if it does go. Combine that with good range and perpetual 14 Weapon Power, and I'd say that's pretty good. :P
ICE³ ROBOTICS

GF93

Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by GF93 » Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:11 pm

Alright. I've had a few ideas for a new version of Conqueror swimming around in my head for a while- and since the first version's losing streak in Ruination, it got me thinking about them again. Likewise, also been trying not to have it such as such a radical departure compared to the second one, but I think all things considered, it's come out relatively OK.

Introducing the prototype for Conqueror 3.

Unlike the second one, I've decided to keep the same basic design as the original for this one- a sleek and low wedge with corner protectors over the front side for good coverage against spinners and improved weapon range- but combining the best bits of both that and the first one, with a few new things as well. It's more compact, being shorter and wider with wedges all over to minimise the chances of corner damage and improved control/manoeuvrability, and it now has the wheels protruding out the back for more effectively escaping being wedged underneath. And also so it can do wheelies. :v:

The most crucial difference however, is in the weapon. Whilst the two-sided Flipper idea was pretty fun, it wasn't nearly as effective as I hoped it would be- so with that in mind, I've designed this version to be interchangeable between either the classic front-hinge Flipper (Which is now bigger and extends out further for improved flipping and self-righting capabilities, as well as being able to perform Firestorm-style OOTAs in arenas by rearing up underneath them and pushing them over the wall.), or a new Ripper-style rear-hinged one that extends over the front corners for as much range as possible and is of course well-suited for chucking opponents about with. Likewise, both maintain the layer of metal underneath for additional structural integrity and protection for the internals against various assorted nasties.

Like I say though, I am looking to iron out any potential kinks in the design at this stage before I do think about entering it (If you do come across any, please let me know.). At this particular stage though, I'm liking how it's looking, and hopefully once it is ready to fight, it should be pretty dangerous. Thoughts?
ICE³ ROBOTICS

NFX

Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by NFX » Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:44 pm

Looks like a pretty solid design, in my view. Low, sleek, looks a bit like a stealth bomber, I suppose. Couple of issues I can see with it, though. The first is that with the angled rear end, I'd imagine it would be liable to rear up under acceleration, similar to what happened with the original incarnation of Depth Charge a couple of times. You could add some kind of balance wheel at the back to prevent this happening, but then that would remove the Firestorm-style OOTA capacity, and leave you a more liable to have your wheels taken off the ground, so it's your choice in that regard.

The second is much more personal aesthetic preference, but I honestly think the robot could do without the angled extensions on the front that you decided to give to Dreadnought and the previous Conqueror as well. Between those and the wheelguards at the rear, there's too many conflicting angles on the side of the bot. If you want to keep them, I'd suggest extending them further back to merge with the wheelguards, and maybe that would help with things. I had to do that for the Conqueror vs Frequency battleshot in the early weeks of Ruination, because I couldn't work out how you'd done your anti-spinner things at the time. :v
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

RoBattle

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by Venice Queen » Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:08 am

the issue with being able to do wheelies is losing your 2WD wedging advantage. I think that it will really benefit from the shorter, wider stance that you've given it. it somehow looks... more boring than Conks 2 though. not sure what the difference is, though

the difference between the front and rear hinged flippers looks to be quite a large change for the internals, with entirely different locations for the pistons, so I dont think I like that from a realism point of view.
‽ ROBOTICS
CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//Nick's Fuzzy Rules -- -- Hobbyweight//Bot-o-Rama//Buzzkill -- -- Arbitraryweight//D12//Listen Here, Grandad, This Is America, Everyone Here Eats Ass

Bots that I think are better than my actual champions: Chimera // Venice Queen // Cuddle Time!

V900? Wheres V1-899 ~NickyDustyOwl
fridge ~ V900

Wasn't Ted Bundy physically attractive though? ~Superbomb122
get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

GF93

Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by GF93 » Mon Dec 28, 2015 12:00 pm

Thanks for the advice. I was thinking actually, of including a Dantomkia-style "foot" at the back between the rear wheels so that it can either keep the front down for wedging, or rear up as and when needed for OOTAs and victory celebrations.

I'm not so sure if it'd cost me points like with the 1st version's Air Suspension though, which is what I'm concerned about.
ICE³ ROBOTICS

NFX

Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by NFX » Mon Dec 28, 2015 12:42 pm

I would imagine it would cost points if it was adjustable, much like the air suspension.
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

RoBattle

GF93

Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by GF93 » Mon Dec 28, 2015 2:20 pm

Yeah. Kind of sucks that even utilities that you don't directly attack opponents with cost points just like weapons.
ICE³ ROBOTICS

British-Robotics

Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by British-Robotics » Mon Dec 28, 2015 3:38 pm

I certainly love the new look on Conks, a much more tougher robot to fight.